[Post New]by pwilmarth on Dec 22, 08 12:27 PM
Patty, try the walkthrough at The Spoiler

pwilmarth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:Welcome to Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun forum

[Post New]by pwilmarth on Dec 22, 08 3:12 PM
Based on the items you have in your inventory, I think you are in the middle of Act 6. You should have 34 items by the end of Act 6. You have 28 now. Here are the things you still need to find:

Index cards
Sandwich Tin
Code Book
Voodoo Book
Wire recorder
Radio

Some of these items are in Mrs. Castle's safe
You can't the get the Voodoo Book until get the index cards and open the box in Linda's room.
You get the index cards from the packet that Colonel Weston gives you.
The sandwich tin is in the cave. You need to test something within in it at the chemist.

You should also have 20 documents and 8 timings in your notebook at the end of Act 6.

Edited on 12/22/2008 at 3:12:55 PM PST

prose_2
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by prose_2 on Dec 22, 08 4:20 PM
No i'm in act five still. I can't get will to give me the wrench, Colonel Weston won't talk to me cause he's to busy and Poirot doesn't give me any clues and the finger of suspions won't come up and Poirot won't let me take anything from the safe. I'm having the same problem as someone else on this site. Did the walkthrough, the only thing I see is Glady's is suppose to keep the bath salt. Thanks for trying to help all.

Edited on 12/22/2008 at 4:23:19 PM PST

pwilmarth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by pwilmarth on Dec 22, 08 5:08 PM
Tell me how you got the broken compass?

prose_2
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by prose_2 on Dec 22, 08 5:31 PM
when i went through the tunnel it was on the floor of the old pub by the tunnel door

pwilmarth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by pwilmarth on Dec 22, 08 6:31 PM
Ok. I went back, and it is possible to get the broken compass without entering the tunnels. You could get it if you entered the pub from the tunnel at the monastery ruins, but that only could happen if you had the good compass. So it is possible to have 28 items in your inventory.

Are you sure that the Finger of Suscipion won't guide you? Has Gladys returned with the results of the test?

Is everything checked off your To-Do List?

Did you talk to:
Hilary Castle
Gladys
Emily
Colonel Weston
Emily
Patrick
Emily
Gardeners
Hilary Castle
Kenneth Marshall
Rosamond Darmond
Christine Redfern
Gladys
Linda Marshall
George
Will
Adelaide

Did you collect:
Smashed Bottle
Coffee Flask
Hair from Hairbrush
Fancy stickpin
Photograph (Redfern's Room)
Millie Parson's Letter (Miss Brewster's Room)
Handbill
Letter from Arlena (Gardener's Room)
Oil Spot
Dark Rum

Did you observe:
Bag on floor by balcony door in the Redfern's room?
George at the tennis court?

Did you test:
Empty bottle from Bathing beach
Coffee Flask
Oil sample
Smashed Bottle
Unmarked bottle from Arlena's room
Chicken feathers
Stick pin
Burnt Hair
Hair

Edited on 12/22/2008 at 6:34:11 PM PST

willowb
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by willowb on Jan 1, 09 2:54 AM
Hi All, This is my first reply to a post by anyone. I've been a member for a long time and have bought a lot of games from BF. Generally, I am quite happy with BFG and their policies. If something goes wrong with a game, they are most receptive and helpful even if they can't solve the problem, I get a replacement coupon.

I just have one itsy-bitsy problem and it concerns HO games, there are just too many of them and not enough games that I really enjoy playing, like Agatha Christie, Nancy Drew, Sherlock Holmes, where you really have to put your thinking cap on and it might take you a couple of days to finish it. And then there's the problem with these big file games having some glitch in them that prevents you from enjoying them or playing them at all, like A C, Evil Under the Sun, A great game, but with a glitch that prevents one from playing. Sure, I got a replacement coupon, but there isn't another Agatha Christie game, that I don't already have, to replace it, Just another HO game.

Don't get me wrong, I like HO games, just not all the time. They are usually all the same theme, with a few exceptions, like RTR and Nancy Drew's latest one . Well, thanks for letting me vent while I wait for another game I like to emerge.

[Post New]by tessie1982 on Jan 1, 09 11:18 AM
Hi all, Happy New Year!!
I am totally stuck! I am at the end of act 5 where I am supposed to talk to Gladys and get her to test the women. However, when I try to talk to her she 'is not in the mood to talk'! I have looked at the walkthrough and have done everything it says from what I can see. I realy don't want to have to start over as this game keeps having black and white outs. It has taken me ages to get this far! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Tessie

[Post New]by MoreKiwi4Me on Jan 1, 09 10:12 PM
Hey Guys, I'm stuck on Leathercomb bay and I don't know where to go. The walkthrough I have is accurate and I have done everything but I can't find Will at the Garage. What to do?

I just got the index cards and the package from Porter.

esghi
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by esghi on Jan 2, 09 3:40 AM
Hi,

my game has just worked fine, i faced with no problem. i finished the game. it was entertaning. but i prefer David Suchet to vocalize Poirot just like Murder On The Orient Express.

Have fun

[Post New]by kurtisnagey on Jan 2, 09 9:07 AM
I'm in Act 2 and i've been all around the island and now i'm stuck. I looked at the walkthrough and it said i should be able to search the rooms but all the doors are locked and i don't know what to do now. I could use some help

esghi
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by esghi on Jan 3, 09 4:54 AM
kurtisnagey wrote:I'm in Act 2 and i've been all around the island and now i'm stuck. I looked at the walkthrough and it said i should be able to search the rooms but all the doors are locked and i don't know what to do now. I could use some help

Hi kurtisnagey,

i think you should try to search the rooms from the balcony. some rooms' balcony doors remain open. and you can also try the finger of suspicous. it will give some clue.

good luck

Kisfis
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Kisfis on Jan 7, 09 4:13 AM
Hey

I try again....need help....in act 2 the afternoon....have done everything....but i wonder...is it wrong to ask all the question when you talk to someone?i really want to get to the evening....
...poirot says...you are confining the search to the islands.Do not overlock
that which sorrounds you on all sides...I really dont know what he means...my english is not that good....
And he says...the finger can not extricate you from your current predicament....and perhaps i can guide you whith a small clue...and then nothings happens......can anyone please help me....i want to move one to the evening...
please....i have been told that the police station is not open at the afternoon....so....but how can i move on......

please someone...i am so happy for all the answers......
yhank you....

pwilmarth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by pwilmarth on Jan 7, 09 7:20 PM
He means you need to get off the island by going to the Landing and using the phone to go to Leathecombe bay.

Kisfis
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Kisfis on Jan 8, 09 10:40 AM
Please help....

Can anyone please write down for me how the letter should be???i never going to make it... please anyone...its in ackt 4 late morning 25 aug..i think thats the only thing i got left to move one.....

Kisfis
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Kisfis on Jan 9, 09 1:57 AM
Hey

I fear i am stuck again ...i maneged to put together the torn letter...so now i have done everything..but i can not move on to the afternoon on 25 Aug....
I have 15 Doc,20 suspect,8 timings,and 27 itimes....
Done everything,spoken to everybody...so i dont know...hastings talk to Poirot,but i dos not answer,but hastings says thank you...for what?And the finger do not respond.....
Please can anyone please help if you understand whats wrong??....

please

MintyCuppcake
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,183 Posts

[Post New]by MintyCuppcake on Jan 9, 09 2:45 AM
Kisfis wrote:Hey

I fear i am stuck again ...i maneged to put together the torn letter...so now i have done everything..but i can not move on to the afternoon on 25 Aug....
I have 15 Doc,20 suspect,8 timings,and 27 itimes....
Done everything,spoken to everybody...so i dont know...hastings talk to Poirot,but i dos not answer,but hastings says thank you...for what?And the finger do not respond.....
Please can anyone please help if you understand whats wrong??....

please

Did you talk to Gladys? Did you have George retrieve what was throw at Emily? Test the various substances related to the murder at the chemist's? Win the life buoy?

Kisfis
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Kisfis on Jan 9, 09 3:21 AM
Hey

Yes i talked to gladys...she got emily to open the jar....and yes George has dived for me and i got the bottle.
I have been testing everything at the cemestry....everything at Poirots list its done...
and i won the life buoy....so i dont understand why i stuck....i am so glad for all help....i think its many things i dont understand...because i am not english....but do you have more ideas for me??

Kisfis
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Kisfis on Jan 9, 09 3:28 AM
Hey

Did you meen that i should give back the empty boks with sun oil;was it? to George?
But after i tested it, it dissapered at the inventory list...so i dont have it anymore....

pwilmarth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by pwilmarth on Jan 10, 09 7:07 AM
It will disappear if you've already tested it.

Did you ever search Stephen Lane's room and find the pills? Did you test those pills?

What does your to-do list say you need to do?

What does the finger of suspicion say you need to do?

Did you uncover the winch handle receptacle at Cutter's Cave? Talk to Will about getting a winch handle?

Go to: