SnappyPeas
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Garden Dash

[Post New]by SnappyPeas on Mar 18, 11 12:11 PM
Well... I bought it right away because I <3 the dash series.

I finished the "regular" level in about 2.5 hours. There's still the advanced levels. It was fun, not exceptionally difficult. The harder levels seem to be the same as the lower with only a shorter timer.

I was hoping for a better finish or extra level or something. Maybe when I finish the higher one?

Yetses
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

disappointed

[Post New]by Yetses on Mar 18, 11 3:22 PM
I will definitely not buy this one. The story is lazy and the graphics not very inspired. While I still liked Soap Opera dash, it does seem the Dash series has run out of steam....

[Post New]by nibblet123 on Mar 19, 11 12:12 PM
I love all the dashes but I must say I do NOT like this one. Its a cute idea and it could be good but who wants to play a game that becomes unbelieveably frustrating. I like to play TM where I have a chance not have to keep playing the same level over and over again and not be able to get to even close to the next level.

Disappointed

[Post New]by LaMariposaNero on Mar 19, 11 8:29 PM
First and foremost,

I am a HUGE fan of the Dash games. This one came up a bit short for me, so needless to say i was somewhat disappointed. The timer is way too fast and the prices for the upgrades are ridiculous, not to mention each upgrade can only be purchased for just one pot at a time. $6000 for one upgrade per pot.... C'mon!! Lets be real here! Its a cute game, good graphics, storyline, and i love the fact that the "star" of this game is of an ethnic persuasion however i think "Dash" games should stick to food. Good demo but definitely not a buy. Sorry. My Rating:

Edited on 03/19/2011 at 8:31:30 PM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 20, 11 5:50 PM
I just made it thru the 50 levels of the easier set of levels. I did not have much problem doing that at all, with more than half with expert stars on the first try. For the most part, I would put it on a par with some tmg's I've bought as Daily Deals. It's okay, but hasn't really got me hooked. But I do want to keep playing to see what the harder set of levels is like.

not very impressed

[Post New]by nola22 on Mar 21, 11 4:07 PM
Let me start off by saying that I'm a big fan of TM games in general and PlayFirst dash series specifically. Their games are normally well laid out and challenging w/o being exasperating. That can be said about all their games but this one. I just did not care for this version, it showed very little creativity/originality and it got tedious very quickly. And I get the sense that the developers must have ran into issues with this version of Dash because the release date kept getting pushed back. They seriously should have scraped this dash and put their energies & efforts into bringing another Hotel Dash or Cooking dash to fruition.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 22, 11 5:24 AM
I've finished playing thru all of the 50 levels in the harder set of levels - not too hard to do. The game is growing on me lol.

I've started replaying levels now to get expert, and I've finished that for the first 20 green gardener levels. There were a couple levels in the second location that I had to replay a bunch of times, and try different upgrades and pots with. I got thru it with the right combination finally, more than by hurrying I think.

I feel like that is developing my appreciation for the way the upgrades and pot packages are set up - it's making more sense to me at the moment, when I'm seeing how the combinations are affecting the time. The thing is, the pot upgrades cost the same regardless of whether you put them on a one-, two-, or 3-plant size pot. So it makes for an interesting dilemma and trade-off.

I'm still liking it a lot more than Hotel Dash, and there's lots of Dash games I demo but don't even think to buy unless they are daily deals - I tend to love farming tmg's, but I've liked the hidden object Dash games ok so I'm good with the characters and style.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 23, 11 2:14 PM
I hate it when I get this much into a game and the freezing and crashing get the better of me. I even tried deleting the application data and starting over. Another day, another game...

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 24, 11 2:36 AM
I think the Play First people are running out of ideas. This looks like something they threw together quick to make a deadline!

[Post New]by mitexus on Mar 25, 11 12:11 AM
I have enjoyed the different challenge. I have now blew thru the Green Gardener levels twice but it is almost impossible to make expert on the Handy Harvester mode. I find this frustrating I like a challenge like the next person.. and usually with reasoning and different approaches the expert levels can be done but for this game I have finally decided to not frustrate myself and gave up.. which leaves me feeling like I didn't get my moneys worth.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Mar 25, 11 3:50 AM
There are some positive things about this game, as well as negatives. Firstly, the graphics are quite nice, without being too nice (if that makes sense). And I actually like the concept of it. It's also good to see a main character as a person of colour.

However, there are many negatives for this game. The game gets too hard, too quickly. The timer is far too quick! I expect the game to get harder, but not THAT much harder so quickly. The upgrades are far too expensive, considering you can only put them on one pot!! Plus, when you click on a plant, it doesn't always register that you've clicked it.

It's a shame that the game has these flows, as only a few small corrections would make this game 100% better.

I've played the demo for about 40 minutes now, but won't be buying, It's a shame, because with a few tweeks, I'd buy it.

Altmoabit
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Altmoabit on Mar 25, 11 8:29 AM
I actually bought this game but I should have trusted my first opinion when playing the demo. Boring and even with the green leaves the time runs out too fast. The graphics are nice and better done than with the soap opera dash game but i do not get to choose from different designs. All she does is run around and plant, water, kill pests etc. The upgrades are the same too. the place where she works does change but thats it. I love the diner dash games but not this one, sorry I wasted the money.

[Post New]by sigourney2001 on Apr 6, 11 11:49 AM
Hi there! to all garden dash players. can anyone give me any tips????. i am stuck on level 23 the abandoned factory. you have to serve more people and the clock beats me everytime. it doesnt matter how fast you go the time runs out and you are still left with lots more people to serve. its driving me nuts now!!!!! HELP lols. Has anyone got expert on that level???

fauxgina
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by fauxgina on Apr 10, 11 8:16 AM
This Dash game is a bit of a strange cookie. I did the Beta for it, and was quite impressed -- good graphics, cute story, I liked the concept and found I was able to play and feel challenged without feeling overwhelmed. I also felt the learning curve was quite good.

I've found that the Dash games tend to get very difficult towards the last couple of "chapters" (groups of levels), to the point that it is impossible to progress to finish the game. For that reason, I waited until I got my punch card reward to purchase this game so I wasn't actually spending money on it. "Garden Dash" does not seem to follow that trend, however... I thought it was quite easy, perhaps verging on not being terribly dynamic. I finished the game in about 3-4 hours played over two days, and I remember wondering when it was going to get difficult. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it didn't get too difficult because I get very frustrated when I feel I can't finish a game because it's just too darn tricky to get the right combinations in the amount of time given. The clock in this game was not at all unforgiving, and I was able to finish 90-95% of the levels at Expert.

I was a bit disappointed at the end of the game -- it's a bit anti-climactic. The pace of the game gets set quite quickly and doesn't really change throughout the game. While I appreciated that the pace didn't go crazy as it usually does in Dash games, I also found it a little boring.

I don't know, I did enjoy the game and will play it again at some point (if only because I know I can finish it), but it wasn't by any means my favorite in the Dash series. It is definitely a casual game, which is probably why it appealed to me as much as it did.

/

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Apr 19, 11 9:03 PM
I bought this with a couple of other games, and usually love the "dash" series, but found this a bit wanting and somewhat boring. I think the concept was good; but the graphics and gameplay let it down alot. Not having the customers arrive like at the restaurants (but rather appear at the top of the screen as clouds) and no cash register and tiny wee graphics (even for my somewhat old fashioned screen) was not that endearing to me.

I find again and again, I nearly fall asleep or get frustrated too much with it (poor clicking area).

And the "upgrades" are barely visible.

I expected so much more. Disappointed.

[Post New]by Endless_Patients on Apr 23, 11 7:47 AM
Love TM games and the Diner Dash series got me hooked on them. This is just boring, IMO. I wasn't even interested enough to complete the hour trial. :-(

[Post New]by LuckyEmma on Jun 16, 11 1:37 PM
The Dash series does get old, especially if you play a lot of them. But if you give yourself a rest, and then play it after a month od playing other non-dash games, the fun factor comes back.
I love the humour in the Dash games, and this one is no exception. I find it quite funny that Barb does planting to de-stress and she does it anywhere she has a place. I like the artwork, and the music is decent, but not memorable.

It's nice that there are different skill levels (easy, medium, hard) of the game. For me, I'm a player that likes to get the expert rank, so I set it on easy, haha. I'm not looking for a challenge, I'm looking for something to keep myself from being bored. But setting a more difficult setting could be good for those veteran players with speedy mouse hands. So this is a plus!

Well, i can't think of anythign negative to say about this game. I liked the game and finished it once through in 2-3 days.

[Post New]by callanetics on May 26, 12 4:59 PM
Quite a stressful game for one that purports to follow a character as she learns how to relax!?!

Go to: