[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 20, 11 9:14 AM
@ satexasgirl.....that's two no's from Texas

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Insider Tales:The Stolen Venus 2

[Post New]by hd2222 on Mar 20, 11 9:23 AM
Beta tested this game in feb. 2011 and gave an unfavorable review. At that time, there were a myriad of problems .....no directions for minigames, no skip button, non-informative "hint" system, between scene time loading lag and, lastly, game froze while trying to page in the case log. Am going to download the game now, and will be interesting to see if any corrections/changes were made, indicative to the fact that they really do consider the initial feedback we beta testers provide. We'll see!

P.S. Downloaded game and saw improvements ....at least there is a walkthrough to get those of us whose 1st. reaction to some minigames is "Oh boy! Now what!". Not my cuppa tea - although enjoyed the initial Venus game which I purchased. To all of you that purchased and/or played the demo, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Edited on 03/20/2011 at 10:47:06 AM PST

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Mar 20, 11 9:26 AM
DLing now...Thank you for your input all

Well here are my thoughts after the demo...

1) I too had issues of sluggishness but I restarted (twice) and it got better

2) The puzzles are creative and because there aren't any specific tips, they are challenging.

3) The length seems fair but on the shorter side...after my demo i think I was just short of half-way. My rule of thumb is that I don't buy it if I am over a thirdish.

4) The graphics were so-so but not horribly grainy.

Not a bad game but a no-buy for me because of the length.

Good luck all...enjoy!

Edited on 03/20/2011 at 1:33:39 PM PST

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Mar 20, 11 9:44 AM
I had the opportunity to demo this game a few months back . At the time I had not played any of the previous Insider Tales. I loved the demo and was sad not to be able to continue playing, so I was thrilled to see it available today...bought it without running the trial - which I never do. The demo version I played had wonderful graphics, and lots of 'stuff' going on. It was a game that made me really think - with no handholding - which I loved! Hopefully the completed version will not have changed. Once I had demo'd this game I tried the other Insider Tales and in my opinion they really did not compare. Seemed like the developers had advanced their programming into much better game play and adventure type mode with Stolen Venus 2 , and honestly I did not care for the earlier games. So I'm off to the grocery store and then looking forward to a nice afternoon with The Stolen Venus 2

nandog
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by nandog on Mar 20, 11 9:49 AM
Just a short comment. For those of you who are having problems with the game ,slugish,etc.I use to have these problems till I went and bought Macafee.anti virus. I was using a free one . 95% cured. Hope this helps someone.
Nandog

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Mar 20, 11 10:15 AM
Okay game. I read it is 2 years old which explains why the graphics are not as detailed or as good as other games. It is a little jerky but it is definitely not boring. I will play the other games which I purchased first. Not as great as the last three we have had but not bad at all. When you think about all the horrible games in the last three weeks, these four HOGs are phenomenal. I will probably use one of my credits for this one but won't play it completely right away. It is not like the other 3. This one is a mystery so there will be fewer puzzles. However, it seems pretty decent.

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Mar 20, 11 10:23 AM
Hi fishies,

This thread has now been stickied for your convenience!

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the tech issues thread here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

-bfgOkeechobee

Edited on 03/20/2011 at 10:26:52 AM PST

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Mar 20, 11 11:29 AM
Did the demo for a half hour and immediately bought. I did not have any technical difficulties, and my cursor is fine, but I had to get used to scrolling to the right and left. The game has a lot going for it; it is not as easy as I thought it would be when I first started playing. I love the graphics, love the setting, and really like the music. Hate that we are going out, I want to play! Oh well, I will play some more after we get back this evening.

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Mar 20, 11 12:08 PM
sunnyglow wrote:Okay game. I read it is 2 years old which explains why the graphics are not as detailed or as good as other games. It is a little jerky but it is definitely not boring. I will play the other games which I purchased first. Not as great as the last three we have had but not bad at all. When you think about all the horrible games in the last three weeks, these four HOGs are phenomenal. I will probably use one of my credits for this one but won't play it completely right away. It is not like the other 3. This one is a mystery so there will be fewer puzzles. However, it seems pretty decent.

Sunnyglow, I too heard this was a "dust off & refresh" of an older game but have since learned that that isn't the case. Actually this is a new game - the 4th in a series with the same character, all called Insider Tales. There was 1 game about 2 years ago called Insider Tales: Stolen Venus, this game continues it. Though this is the 4th game of the overall Insider Tales games, it is the second part of the Stolen Venus series. Hope this makes sense and doesn't further cloud the issue!!!

Anyway, just so you know - it is a new product.

Love...

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 20, 11 12:30 PM
ELKESTRA - Thanks for the GREAT review! Downloading now will edit later...

I enjoyed this IHOG. I wasn't able to get very far as I got distracted (darn those spouse's!) and forgot to exit and lost a bunch of time. It had some of the "sliding" rooms that can make some people nausous? but didn't bother me much. There appears to be some "new" puzzles in this too which is refreshing. All in all a good game.

Lean

Edited on 03/20/2011 at 1:42:55 PM PST

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Mar 20, 11 2:28 PM
I'm interested to try this for sure. The previous ones were not spectacular, but enjoyable and relaxing. Pretty much what I'm happy for to find in a game.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Mar 20, 11 2:43 PM
Stopped the demo after playing for 5 minutes. Objects were removed in a "slow motion" way and the cursor was hard to control over the objects. Too many HOG scenes at the beginning. A no-buy for me.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 20, 11 3:17 PM
Wow, Casualgran was right...very boring. Music okay, cursor very slow moving when you want to arrow over to a new location. Very poor and frequently no information on what is expected in an area. Hint tells you to look somewhere else, or in another location. Don't care for custom cursor (never have). Not something I personally would care to just sit and play on a rainy day...like today. This could be a very nice game with very little upgrading. I'm sure others will find this a very nice game, but not for me. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for all the reviews.

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Mar 20, 11 7:42 PM
Casualgran wrote
.....But trying to piece the glass together I gave up....

I almost did, too, but then I finally realized that the pieces can be rotated by right-clicking. The instructions, if there were any, never said that. I wasted about 15 minutes of my demo time on this.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Mar 20, 11 7:59 PM
I was only able to play 4 minutes before I had to exit. The cursor is SLOW and JERKY and there is no cursor option. Otherwise, it has very nice graphics and no ghosts-at least as far as I played-for a change. Too bad as it looks like it it might be a nice game.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Mar 20, 11 8:30 PM
oildriver wrote:I can't figure out what to cut with the scissors. Tried everything.
cut the rope in the upper left hand corner

bbeaver1946
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bbeaver1946 on Mar 20, 11 9:16 PM
Well I finally finished the game, but only with the help of the walk through. Very frustrating. No instructions for the mini games. and no useful hints. Had I not bought it I would never play this game. I had to restart at the point of comparing the first lists because only the list on the right was viable. All in all I am sorry I purchased it.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 20, 11 10:17 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote: I think someone has seriously underestimated the fan base here. Yes, most of us like HOGS, and we will pay for decent ones. Some of us will buy other genres at times, but most of us have worked all of our lives....we don't want to serve someone burgers, or drinks, or any of those other TM things. Sure, you do have some that do, and I understand throwing them a bone. I don't mind sharing, and I do believe in fair. But I can tell you, there are few sites that cater to hoggers, and many that have all of the other games. I am loving these games from BF this week...but gotta adimit, I am afraid to get my hopes up. Could just be a temporary aberration, or maybe the "new guy" is on vacation, but I am hopeful that SOMEONE is actually taking notice.

Exactly!!! I work hard all day I sure don't want to work hard just to play a game! Challenging is good, trying to click and serve burgers or something not so much. I don't do timers in hogs either so those have to be optional or it's a no buy. I want to relax after work not work... especially now that I have school on top of work.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 20, 11 11:09 PM
Guess it was too much to expect so many good games in a row. :rolls eyes: This is a pass. No buy even on sale. It was bad enough that there were big black bars on either side of my screen (and nope disguising them as "curtains" or whatever doesn't help, if anything it makes it worse. I have a big monitor because I want to play on a big monitor... and I can't even imagine how horrific this would be to play on a small screen or a laptop. Yikes. The problem is that each hog scene opens up in an even smaller screen so that you end up searching on about half the size of your monitor...who on earth thought THAT would be a good idea?!

The game was ok otherwise I guess although it wasn't very intuitive... everything just felt like work to figure out what to do. I mean really... (spoiler so hightlight over to read although I think it's already been mentioned lol).... what is with using sissors to cut a string to drop something on top of something else to break it open to get a coin??? why wouldn't I have just picked up something to break the piggy bank or tip it up to slide the coin out?? Really really dumb. And then for some reason we are matching rings even though the item we end up with is nothing to do with rings... huh? It was just an excuse to stick the match game there? And worse it was ultra simple.

Anyway... graphics are fine, items are sized ok, more than a straight hog but not really challenging (unless you think figuring out the instructions for a puzzle is more fun than solving a puzzle. lol) Anyway maybe I'm biased because they made me so mad by stealing half my monitor real estate. I'm sure some will like this game... just too many irritations to make me want to play. Lasted 20 minutes and then said the heck with it and deleted.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 20, 11 11:54 PM
Hi there,
I am surprised to find that many if the posters have found the graphics clear, whereby they are very fuzzy on my laptop as per most of the "Insider Tales" series, as are the words.
As usual for this series there are more puzzles to solve than H0 scenes, and it takes some brain power to work out what you need to do to complete some of them.
After the most enjoyable games of the past couple of days that had more "mature" graphics and style, this is a maybe for me at this point.
Not a review, just my comment on this game after completing 45 minutes of the trial.
Cheers

Go to: