Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Agency: Secrets of the Orient

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Mar 21, 11 9:32 AM
lolol well have to say this game sent me running to the forum! LOL love the game review dialog going here..

1st.. CasualGran your so right.. and my best gf just used the word "misogynist" in a recent letter...yes it still occurs in our world today!

2nd.. OMG I can't believe no one has noticed.. right away I recognized the purple icon from deleting it from my desktop! This is another game by the Developers of... (horrible reviews... ready to groan everyone?) ........

Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss

These games must be old if they are released weeks apart! Or perhaps they slap them together that fast?

Thats my review....'nuff said.

Edited on 03/21/2011 at 9:50:47 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 21, 11 9:35 AM
doctorgood wrote:(Removed by moderator)

(Removed by moderator) My native language is not English, and I looked it up online and couldn´t find it when I searched for it.

(Removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 4:07:36 AM PST

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Mar 21, 11 9:36 AM
While I absolutely love FROGs this game did not appeal to me. I don't like any game where I have to be timed whether it's finding hidden objects or playing the minigames. I love puzzles but this one was hard to figure out at first when it came to clicking and rotating the pieces. I never did figure out the discs minigame. The graphics were crisp and clean but that wasn't enough for me to want to buy the game. Too tiresome to keep clicking through the dialog which was lame and offensive. Usually the the characters protrayed don't bother me but these sure did. I wanted to smack him upside his head (for starters). Sorry BFG but this is a no buy game for me.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Mar 21, 11 9:39 AM
I decided to try this one although I was put off by the description of the "boss" and his prejudices. I just clicked past him and then got into a clunky and boring game. I never made it past the office where crowbars were hanging from the bookshelves and I had to practically nail my mouse button to the desk to get it to click on things - really weird. The graphics are clear enough but the objects are still hard to find. Can't explain that, but from the other reviews I'm glad I stopped where I did. There have been so many good games recently I'm perfectly happy to give this a miss. And even if the other characters do criticize the boss for his prejudices, it's not 19th century India we're talking about - why would I want to play a game with a prejudiced character like that?

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Mar 21, 11 9:40 AM
Valdy wrote:
doctorgood wrote:(Removed by moderator)
Dr.good

(Removed by moderator) My native language is not English, and I looked it up online and couldn´t find it when I searched for it. (Removed by moderator)

(Removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 4:11:26 AM PST

akaratcat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by akaratcat on Mar 21, 11 9:57 AM
Since when is the forum about attacking others...I thought this was for tweaking games......No wonder poodlebear rarely gives opinions on games anymore....I did not get into the game enough to see if I enjoyed it. But what I have played I have enjoyed.....I see games as games and not racial or political..........how about sticking to games and cut out the bantering....use that for the chit chat room...,.... When did Casual Gran become the moderator.....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 21, 11 9:59 AM
(Removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 4:05:59 AM PST

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Mar 21, 11 10:08 AM
i lasted 20 minutes then pulled out to see what was in the forums. i feel better about deleting when i know i'm not the only one that didnt care for the game. i litteraly didnt make it out of the slums.
i noticed many of the negatives mentioned and can add one more. a personal pet peeve is having to find objects before i can leave home. then to add insult to injury the boss wants me to clean his office after he insults me.
it was way more fun reading the forum then it was playing the game. And i learned a new word too.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Mar 21, 11 10:27 AM
This is one of the games I will not buy. The story line is poor, I didn't like the way the characters game and went. The puzzles where a bore. I usually like when you can hear voices and not when you have to read the script except a few cases. Some of the background was too dark again. I too didn't like the timer. I sure wish we could have more the Collecter's Edition because they seem to be produced the right way. By the way the music is terrible. I had to mute it.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 21, 11 10:29 AM
Hi fishies,

Just popping in to remind people that this is a review thread for the game Mystery Agency: Secrets of the Orient.

The moderation team will ask that users keep their comments constructive and on topic.

Should the thread continue to remain off-topic, it will be locked and a new review thread will be created.

If users continue to make personal comments thus breaking Forum rules disciplinary measures will be taken against the individuals in question.

We ask that users adhere to forum rules, remain on topic and use courtesy in the pond.

Thank you,

bfgImbrium

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Mar 21, 11 11:28 AM
Review of Demo.

It is not a bad game, just ignore the story. But it lacks atmosphere. Straight HOG is fine for me if it has nice or interesting scenes to search, enjoyable sound effects and music, something that enhances the experience. I am sorry but I am just so tired of the messy bedroom, messy office, mundane, boring searches.

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Mar 21, 11 11:32 AM
This is an awful game.I did not make it through more than 15 mins of the trial.Perhaps it gets better, but I had enough.It was offensive and boring.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 21, 11 11:43 AM
sinshack wrote:
CasualGran wrote:
sinshack wrote:
...I know several gamers had complaints about the attitudes of the characters in the game, but it IS just a game, and the underlying dynamics of the characters, if you really follow it, is not what it seems. Just because it is not PC doesn't mean it is not realistic...

Suppose, this mysogyniscism would only and exclusively be used in games, it would still make these games for a LOT of people, I'm sure
But... it IS real, alas, isn't it, mysogyniscism in the world today? And precisely because it still is, in too many cultures and societies around the globe, this game makes me (and not only me, as I've been reading in the meantime).

I really, really respect your opinion, CasualGran, and I don't disagree with what you are saying. What I'm saying, though, is not that I think it's OK to portray racial sterotyping, but that this game shows that the racist (boss) is the idiot, and the person he is putting down because of her race, his employee, is the intelligent one who is more capable and a better person than the racist boss.

these type of games, be it discriminating bosses, evil vampires, or whatever, the evil, discriminating boss, etc, is usually the villian, so i dont think the devs are really trying to promote these ideals, but flesh out the villian

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 21, 11 12:02 PM
akaratcat wrote:Since when is the forum about attacking others...I thought this was for tweaking games......No wonder poodlebear rarely gives opinions on games anymore....I did not get into the game enough to see if I enjoyed it. But what I have played I have enjoyed.....I see games as games and not racial or political..........how about sticking to games and cut out the bantering....use that for the chit chat room...,.... When did Casual Gran become the moderator.....

on keeping it to the games i do think the devs are just trying to give a dislikeable villian, so we get the idiot boss, or evil monster,

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Mar 21, 11 12:07 PM
Since Darkdisciple raised the issue: DTP Entertainment is a German company based in Hamburg that acquired a company called 4Head Studios in Hanover and changed its name to Cranberry Productions.

I agree with CasualGran that the gender roles are irritating, but as irritating to me is the Orientalist quality of the dialogue and the art. I suppose the title "Secrets of the Orient" should have been a clue...!

I can't say any more because I'm deleting it after thirteen minutes: half that time was spent loading the game, and the other half was spent by my being both appalled at the presentation and bored by the game play.

Edited on 03/21/2011 at 12:09:52 PM PST

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Mar 21, 11 12:26 PM
Oonk Oonk ...... enough said ....

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 21, 11 1:15 PM
Lighten up folks. It's just a game. Other countries have their mores and we shouldn't judge them by our standards. This being said, the darn game stinks. Old fashioned graphics, Asinine dialogue etc

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 21, 11 1:17 PM
Totally agree. Lasted 5 minutes.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 21, 11 1:40 PM
I tried the game but it is like going back in time and playing the old games. I guess we are spoiled with the ones they have now. Not a buy for me.

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Mar 21, 11 2:09 PM
Will wait for it to go to DD.Not very good.

Go to: