Re:Your Comments and Reviews for FBI: Paranormal Case

[Post New]by robinbobbin on Mar 23, 11 7:14 AM
Graphics on this game were not good. I always go to the options menu on a new game to turn off any dialogue or music, so when I saw there was a brightness option I said uh-oh and turned it all the way up. This resulted in being able to see most things ok, and having some very bright areas that were hard to see. However, I have to say I wish more games had a brightness option built in. The integrated zoom was also nice because the pictures were often bad (syringes especially) and hard to find. That is the last good thing I found about the game.

I am not going to complain about the very illogical storyline because I haven't seen many logical storylines in gaming, and most I have ended up stinting the gameplay to follow the story. If I want a good story I'll read a book. I just ask that it not be too intrusive or overwhelming.

I did not like that each mini-game and **** screen was separated by several meaningless screens with nothing to do but click the highlighted item or next button and wait. Screen load time was not terrible, but just long enough to be annoying.

I can't tell how long the game is, but in my one-hour trial I finished 7 'case files' and was halfway through the eighth. Each case file was one hidden object screen, some random clicking, one mini-game, some random clicking, oh, new file. The files were arranged on the in-game computer screen in rows of 6, and the first row was about the middle of the screen, so I would not be surprised if there were only 12 'case files' in the game, but there could be quite a bit more. Either way I didn't enjoy it enough to pay money for it, or a precious credit.

dragnet1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dragnet1 on Mar 23, 11 7:43 AM
Wow. Just wow. Really not enough words to describe how bad this game is. A terrible X Files rip-off (a show I loved by the way.) If I have to put on my reading glasses to try to decipher what is on the screen then I know the graphics are awful. Half the time it didn't react the first time even if you were clicking on the right object. A big, resounding NO for me.

And another thing. Am I the only one that thinks they tried to style to main character after Ed Norton? At least use David Duchovny.

Oops! Hadn't read darkdisciple1313 comment yet. I concur 100%.

Edited on 03/23/2011 at 7:53:55 AM PST

gamerdash
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gamerdash on Mar 23, 11 11:11 AM
One look at the screenshots and I knew which company was behind it. Their games are really bad. Same template all the time.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Mar 23, 11 2:02 PM
Yuk! And that one word kinda sums it up

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 23, 11 4:18 PM
I am really surprised by some of the reviews written by regular players.

Hello? Can't you tell who the target audience of these games are?
They're obviously aimed at younger players, that is why the gameplay and story is so simplified.

When reviewing a game, one factor to keep in mind is whom the developers are trying to reach. Not all games are designed to appeal to everyone. Before writing that a game
stinks
or is
boring,
consider that maybe another type of player might enjoy it.

[Post New]by planetj on Mar 23, 11 5:20 PM
I can't even try the game. Everytime I load it the menu screen come in a foreign language and I don't know what to do to fix this! Can anyone HELP ME

Edited on 03/23/2011 at 5:22:13 PM PST

[Post New]by MsEmmie2 on Mar 24, 11 4:52 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:From bitter experience, it is an Hd0 game and is bound to be short.

First off, I don't like short ones. I want to be more involved in the game than that. BUT with this one, all I got was music and a black screen. The game never completely loaded for me. Since I have literally a couple of hundred of these games on my computer and this is absolutely the only one that didn't load properly, I have to blame the people that made the game.............

[Post New]by MsEmmie2 on Mar 24, 11 4:53 AM
gamergirl675 wrote:Ooookkkkaaayyyyyy... whatever. I downloaded the game despite the bad reviews figuring I'd give it a shot but it doesn't seem to want to let me play the game. I click start a new game and it brings up the profile screen... I click my profile and it does nothing if I click on the star or the profile name and if I click on the edit it asks me to enter my name again. If I click the little continue arrow in the bottom right it takes me to the main menu where I'm asked to click start a new game again!!!

Yeah - it's quite buggy.

fiorel4
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by fiorel4 on Mar 25, 11 7:33 PM
What is there too say. This is the second HdO game I tried today and definitely for me.
Boring is the least of it's problems.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 25, 11 10:26 PM
for those of you who recently played the jeckyll and hyde game will sense a bit of deja vu when entering this one... the main menu wobbles a bit and it's difficult to figure out just how to get your info in and start playing... then you get to the hunt and the items are so small... until you remember that these folks have equipped the game with a zoom for your playing pleasure...

the first scene launching the case reminded me of the thing.. strange bacteria found so far down in super freezing temps... oh, yeah... that's some bad stuff... but then we're traveling all over and i have to wonder if lovecraft would appreciate the landing of the sasquatch in the middle of his flight of fancy... so where are the devs taking us on this journey - ??? no idea! but they have given us the tools to get there if we wish...

unfortunately, after playing J&H and then most of this demo... i'm just not feeling it for this style of play - i'm going to pass this one up on mechanics, although the story seems interesting... to the rest of you - keep hunting...

the truth is out there

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Mar 26, 11 5:22 AM
I was excited when I first saw this. I really enjoy detective adventure games. Unfortunately this is not an adventure game. In the description nothing was said of Hidden Objects. I still would have played the demo regardless but I do think they should have given a heads up there.
I have played half of the demo and was getting so aggravated that I had to take a break. I read Sinshacks review and it was dead on. I am going to finish the demo at some point. That damn pipe puzzle made me to angry to go further right now. I also find the amount of instruction a bit crazy. By the time you get to the end of it you have forgotten the beginning

I will give a final opinion after I finish the demo.

froggiefly
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by froggiefly on Mar 26, 11 6:54 AM
WELL, AS USUAL, I AM IN THE MINORITY/ONLY ONE WHO FOUND THIS GAME OK!!
I EXPERIENCED ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS WITH IT! IT IS A BIT EASY BUT I HATE THE GAMES THAT REQUIRE A WALK-THROUGH TO GET THROUGH THEM.
I DO THINK THERE SHOULD BE A CATEGORY FOR JUST **** GAMES AS OPPOSED TO ****/ADVENTURE. I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY VISION & I HAD NO PROBLEM FINDING ANYTHING. I HOPE PEOPLE WILL GIVE IT A TRY FOR THEMSELVES & NOT PASS IT UP BEFORE THEY DO. AS FOR THE STORY... I NEVER CARE WHAT IT OR THE MUSIC ARE, I JUST LIKE TO DISAPPEAR INTO A GAME FOR AWHILE.
HAVE FUN PLAYING WHATEVER GAMES YOU ENJOY!

doggyfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by doggyfish on Mar 26, 11 7:38 PM
Ok, I needed some distraction
and bought it. It was boring. Too much time between scenes and it gave you too much in the way of hints. Many of the items were unrecognizable when you had to find them.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Mar 26, 11 8:35 PM
Alright I'm back. I played the rest of the demo and my opinion did not change to any extent. They threw in things that I believe were just put there to make the game longer. Wait! We have no way of telling how long the game is do we? No walk through and has anyone bought it and posted a length? As I said in my first post about this game I really wanted to like it but this developer does all their games along the same line as far as I can see. The few I have played are set up very different and makes me wait for something that never seems to happen. I go from " This is interesting" to "Why would they do that?"
Bottom Line: Just to many if's, and's and but's. I know what I wrote here isn't telling you much but that's how I feel about the game to. What?

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Mar 29, 11 1:44 PM
I bought this game and have had a lot of fun with it. It actually too me about 4 hours to finish according to the game clock. It is not as bad as I thought it would be going by other opinions. I always try a game for myself and then decide what to do.

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Mar 29, 11 6:45 PM
well I don't like detivive stories. I find they drag . this one draaaags too. and the opening speech are mind numbing, (like hello we can see its an office and a smmall amount of logic says its your office. dont need to be told that) the match game of files boring,. needless to say after 8 minutes were enough for me to know I dont like this game and will delete the demo forthwith. but judge for yourself I did , even after reading all the warning comments. we have had a run of yucky games lately I am not talking about mastero or some of the recent games that are now stanard eition,but rather games like this . so all in all I join with the other and say thumbs down to this one.

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Mar 31, 11 4:19 PM
I FOUND THE GAME ! ! ! , . . . sorry. I didn't mean to shout. . . . The game was just dull. For some reason most developers have problems with research for a story. The FBI isn't this clever. And it does not have much jurisdiction outside of the ol' U.S of A.

Bottom Line . . I haven't seen a really good game here in months. Good thing Spring is around the corner so I can get outside, away from the computer.

[Post New]by Crouton1 on Apr 1, 11 10:07 AM
Just would like to chime in for the first time here!
I always try the games first before buying. This has been the first time I ever had my system crash so badly (each time I tried to download). That it seems it's not worth my time to bother anymore. Which is a shame. But, it seems a lot of you guys didn't care for the game. So, I'm going to pass! Thanks for the heads up!

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Apr 3, 11 10:56 AM
Um, another HdO & no...

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on May 12, 11 4:14 PM
While I would not say that this was a terrible game.....I would not say that it was a great one either ! It just totally was not my kind of game.

Go to: