bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Revenge

[Post New]by bettums on Mar 23, 11 6:44 AM
Well, after reading the reviews I was ready to uninstall the game. I stuck it out and have to admit I really like this game. I purchased it and am looking forward to playing the rest. The hidden object scenes are a tad difficult. Some items are not quite identifiable but thank God the hint replenishes fairly quickly. I am really enjoying the game. Give it a try.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 23, 11 6:53 AM
No buy for me - the graphic is okay, not very clear on my laptop, gameplay is okay. I would buy this game maybe as a Daily Deal, but definete not for the full price.

joray2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by joray2 on Mar 23, 11 7:43 AM
Where do I start? The sound control is only for music,I don't like music during play,so that's a big no for me. And what's up with you need this to do that and this thing to do that thing. A no buy for me. Seems like a good story line. I wish the game tecs that make these game read all this good information. I need a game before all my credits run out.

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on Mar 23, 11 7:47 AM
The England is wroted not goodly. It really put me off, I'm afraid. It seems a nice enough game, but not for me. I'm sure other fishies will enjoy it, though.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Mar 23, 11 7:51 AM
Well reading through the comments and reviews has certainly improved my mood after playing the game. I have 12 minutes left, but I'm not going back. On the positive side, it did fill my wide screen. It's really nice when that happens. Graphics were indeed very crisp and clean. As another fishie said the objects were relevant to the time period, something that doesn't occur regularly with HOG's of any type. There were some original items-I don't think I've ever, in all of the HOG's and match 3-s that have HOG mini games, been asked to find a flea.

On the other hand, why was the flea accurately depicted but the ladybug was not? There were items I was asked to find that I had absolutely no clue what they were. That's already been mentioned by other fishies. Grammar was poor at least in one spot. "Replace them their swords" or something to that effect. Ugh. That just makes me shudder. It something I can overlook when I like the game and other issues are either nonexistent or very minor, but I can't here. A couple of fishies used the word awkward to describe game mechanics & I would have to agree. It frequently took several clicks to get things to happen.
As to the hint and not being able to use it, what I would get is a message saying "you can't use a hint here" or something to that effect. That's the same, in my opinion as the hint button being inactive in certain HOG scenes in other games. It's just something we're not typically used to. I don't have any complaints about that.
For those that like the game, have fun and enjoy. It's not my cup of tea in any way.

hubbasa
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hubbasa on Mar 23, 11 8:12 AM
I normally do not post a lot but wanted to share my thoughts on this game after completing the demo.
FIrst, it is unique in that you have a combination of hidden objects, pieces of items to find and different types of puzzles/minigames. Puzzles and minigames do not always have to be pop-up windows with sliding rectangles, etc.
I found the hidden object scenes were moderately challenging - there was always one or two objects difficult to find. The descriptive object list did have some unusual english translations but not incomprehensible (Example: "clarinet" object not a clarinet as we know it in modern instrumentation). The hints button recharged very quickly.
Multi-colored sparkling areas denoted hidden object scenes and white sparkling areas denoted task areas to complete.
Some of the sentences were not translated appropriately for english-speaking users but they were understandable. I would suggest that the dev team get a more experienced translator for future projects.
The "jerkiness" that others referenced is that movement between scenes does not transition smoothly. THis does not interfere with game play.
My impression is that this is a "first" effort by a new development team and I would expect to see improvements as they get more experience. I am remembering the very first game I played by MCF and how in time they have matured.
Folks - we begged for more hiddent object games and it looks like BFG went searching for new sources of games they could sell at the regular price (vice CE). I may buy this one depending on the full game length which I hope someone will be able to report soon.
I did find that there were different musical loops for different scenes and some users may find the style annoying. I liked the uniqueness of it.

Edited on 03/23/2011 at 8:17:07 AM PST

grma61
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by grma61 on Mar 23, 11 8:12 AM
Having trouble with sound like everybody else, cant play without sound!!! Downloaded twice but still no sound even after I fixed the sound option Sorry, please fix

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 23, 11 8:32 AM
UPDATE after playing a couple of hours. Still no clue how long it is, but I'm having fun.

As you play, if you can't find something right away wait a little while. Some things morph but changing color, and I swear some of those mushrooms weren't there the first time I looked. Be patient.

It has a click penalty in the hidden object scenes, but I thought it was cute. The curser waggles back and forth (like someone shaking their finger at you for being naughty) then drops off the screen. It reappears right away, though.

The hint recharges in just under a minute.

When there is nothing left to do in an area, you get a message at the top of the screen "Area Completely Explored." That's helpful so you don't wear out a lot of sneakers looking there again.

You can't use the hint outside the Hidden Object scenes. Some games lately have a hint button that almost doubles as a strategy guide, telling you things like which scene you need to go back to, but this just works as an H0 hint button.

Check back in other areas if you are stuck. Some actions trigger hidden object scenes in other areas, or make areas accessible. An example is the graveyard, because you need to investigate the castle and find out what you need before you can even go to the graveyard, even though you can see the gate.

I have one "plus" for the Hidden Object scenes and one "minus." The minus is that if there are two of an item, and they only ask for one, they mean a specific one. I kept clicking on one lizard and getting mad, then realized there was another one available, and that's the one they meant. Either ask for two of them or make sure there is only one available. The plus is that when you go back to an H0 scene things are sometimes added to it, so you don't memorize the scene and find everything easily next time you visit it. Nice touch.

If you get to an area and it doesn't seem to have anything to do, roll your mouse around or click around. THere is no click penalty outside the H0 scenes, so click away. When I got to one scene in the graveyard it looked like there was nothing to do, but I clicked around and it gave me a task AND a list of things to find.

OK, I'm going back to playing this fun game without taking notes.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 23, 11 8:34 AM
Not tried this yet but have been highly entertained reading the reviews!! Downloading now just out of curiosity but did a quick google for cheppals. They are a type of sandal and from the websites ads, I assume they are Indian (Asian)

Edited on 03/23/2011 at 8:36:25 AM PST

myid39
Clownfish
Clownfish
727 Posts

[Post New]by myid39 on Mar 23, 11 8:43 AM
This is fun. A little bit of morph, and bit of sneaker, then maybe a bit more sneaker, cursor option. Nice change from the stock mechanics so many games use. If you take a minute to click on guide from the opening page and read it, a lot of the "lostness" might be avoided.

No idea how long and really don't care.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Mar 23, 11 8:53 AM
First question, why is there a HINT button when the only place you can use it is in the **** areas??? This game sucks beyond because it's not an interesting fun game, it's a pain in the a** game.I'm getting soooo tired of this, everyday for a week or more, not one decent game. I want to play an adventure game without all the hidden objects. Please BF can you look for something like Siberia or one like that, adventure where there is a story not just a jumble of areas with HOs
This is a no buy along with every game since March 1st.

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Mar 23, 11 9:07 AM
i am with everyone else, too frustrating and dark for me. had to use hint button too many times as i don't understand what they want. i had no music or audio at all. even when i went into options and unmuted it. and swords?? have no idea where to find them. no buy for me.

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Mar 23, 11 9:31 AM
I decided to demo even after reading some of the reviews and I'm glad I did! This is a challenge which I like. The graphics are good, and you really have to hunt for things. Not an easy game but fun. I'm going to buy it.

I too had no sound at the beginning. I went to options and unselected the sound and got music! Which isn't that great, but okay.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Mar 23, 11 9:35 AM
I like this game. The graphics are beautiful! It does play slow, as in each scene loads slowly, but I don't mind. I love fairytale story lines. Widescreen is great, but the no sound adjustments is not so great. But over all, I think it's charming. I will be getting this game in the future for sure.

I'd rate this: PIGLET

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games

‘ ‘
(o)

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 23, 11 9:38 AM
hannah57 wrote:First question, why is there a HINT button when the only place you can use it is in the **** areas??? This game sucks beyond because it's not an interesting fun game, it's a pain in the a** game.I'm getting soooo tired of this, everyday for a week or more, not one decent game. I want to play an adventure game without all the hidden objects. Please BF can you look for something like Siberia or one like that, adventure where there is a story not just a jumble of areas with HOs
This is a no buy along with every game since March 1st.

I don't mean to sound flip, but if you are looking for an Adventure game without all the hidden objects, why are you even playing a game that is clearly advertised as a Hidden Oject game?

You may want to look at recent Large File and Adventure games like Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill Remastered, Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale, and Scratches Director's Cut. You aren't going to find a game you like if you are looking in a genre that you don't like.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 23, 11 9:53 AM
I have to admit that this is an innovative game. It has it's problems, but all in all worth a look. Some of the new ideas work, and some don't,but the programmers show a lot of promise. Given a little time they will probably become a fishie favorite such as ERS.

sigrid1
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by sigrid1 on Mar 23, 11 9:56 AM
*Spoiler Alert*

I wanted to like this game. It didn't look as "gory" as some of the games that feature death a lot. But it doesn't give you any idea of what it needs to do. The list of objects to find have items I have no idea what they are.I wouldn't even use a free game credit to purchase this one. Doesn't someone test these? I lasted 27 minutes before I left. And it's uninstall time!

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 23, 11 10:10 AM
teapotty2 wrote:after playing the trial for a few minutes 10-15 I thought I would check the forum to see what other gamers think.

I like the look of the game and being a mild IHOG is appealing. However I am finding the play of the game awkward and sticky. To navigate in directions is slow and it is like my computer is churning away. I have had a blank screens as it "thinks" and loads the Hidden Object scene for example.

It is not the computer...it is the game. Not up to the high standard that I am used to and expect.
I have no problems with blank screens or loading so I don't think it's the game. I've never had a problem with any game on my computer.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 23, 11 10:21 AM
We asked for different and we got it. I struggled in the
beginning because of that. I'm also not the sharpest
when it comes to the Adventure parts of games, so
I really would like a walkthrough as back-up.

I was very frustrated for the first 15 minutes of the demo
and was ready to throw in the towel, but read "sinshack"'s
review along with some others; went to the forums and
got help for the scroll and finished the demo.

I like the game. It is different. It's going to be a really
hard one for me, but it's time for a challenge.

Glad I gave it the extra time to better understand the
gameplay.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Mar 23, 11 10:24 AM
Thank you fishes for telling me to go trying. I got further into the game and I love it. I had to get help from you guys at first but now I'm rolling along. Bought it before my demo ran out.

bbelle

Go to: