chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Post any Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by chickenjools on Apr 14, 11 7:39 AM
The game reboots my computer when I go from the piano room into the hallway. It's done it 3 times in the last 15 minutes. Sometimes I can get through but its becoming more frequent that the computer reboots at the same point in the game.

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 7:41:00 AM PST

Re:Post any Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by christine55121 on Apr 16, 11 8:30 AM
I need help! So i am on the island where you blow open the mine area where all the rocks are. I did that and I grabbed a few things by the cart and then moved forward and fell into a well...It looks like I am missing the hook to get out of the well. I did not grab it before I fell down...is there a way to get out of the well so that I dont have to start the game all over? Just curious...let me know! Thanks!

HolyCowBoy
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by HolyCowBoy on Apr 19, 11 1:27 AM
christine55121 wrote:I need help! So i am on the island where you blow open the mine area where all the rocks are. I did that and I grabbed a few things by the cart and then moved forward and fell into a well...It looks like I am missing the hook to get out of the well. I did not grab it before I fell down...is there a way to get out of the well so that I dont have to start the game all over? Just curious...let me know! Thanks!

Hi, christine55121!

You didn't fell into the well, this is like a hole in a well's wall from which you peeps.
Dont forget to check up\down directions of possible moves! You can return back and get hook to climb up.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 7, 11 1:41 AM
KDinMD43 wrote:On my trip back from island the game stopped and I got an error message. then it went back to my desktop.

What the heck!

Help!

This is interesting - same thing happened to me - game crashed on the way back from the island, I could see the dock, I was so close, then BAM! Game gone. The interesting part is that I'm playing on a Mac. Good news is, I hit "Relaunch" and game started right back up with my having safely arrived after my boat trip. No more problems after that!

[Post New]by catfish645 on Jun 4, 11 11:08 AM
having problem with hidden object in the Patient's Room, Short Cabinet..The paintbrush disappeared before I could paint the last "green boy" and the match wouldn't let me light the last candle. The heart disappeared. No way to proceed. Please help!!!

[Post New]by keelyhurst on Jun 12, 11 7:29 PM
I am trying the game and 14 minutes into it, I am already having problems. I dont want to buy the game if this is going to be a problem through out the entire game. I am searching the dresser for photos, and the very last photo will not allow me to "take" it. It is the torn photo. I get a "gear icon" over it with my pointer, but it will not allow me to click it. What should I do? (I tried reloading the game.. I tried the casual mode and that did not help)

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jun 12, 11 8:31 PM
keelyhurst wrote:I am trying the game and 14 minutes into it, I am already having problems. I dont want to buy the game if this is going to be a problem through out the entire game. I am searching the dresser for photos, and the very last photo will not allow me to "take" it. It is the torn photo. I get a "gear icon" over it with my pointer, but it will not allow me to click it. What should I do? (I tried reloading the game.. I tried the casual mode and that did not help)
The gear icon means you need to use something with it before you can pick it up. Click on the other part of the torn photo to pick it up and then click it onto the part with the gear icon. Once it's together you can pick it up.

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Unable to save progress in Bonus game part way through

[Post New]by maxbridge on Jun 24, 11 11:08 PM
Hi - does anyone know if you have to finish the bonus game in one go? I love the game and it has all run very smoothly, but I don't have time to finish the extra bonus chapter in one sitting.

I've got half way through twice (through several areas and hogs etc.) - it is quite lengthy which is GREAT, but each time I have exited out to the main menu because(sadly) I have to be somewhere else or go and do some work, when I come back I am back at the beginning, back in the coffin. Has anyone else struck this?

Does anyone know if there is any way to save the bonus game part way through? If not I guess I will just have to wait until I have enough free time to finish it all at once!

Great game and this is the only issue I have had. Any suggestions?? Thanks

Unable to get items to connect in HOS

[Post New]by angela_ballard75 on Aug 28, 12 10:05 PM
I have the CE version for iPod touch and I am having trouble in the house in the town square. I'm only about 15-20 minutes into the game. Once I unlock the upstairs bedroom and the HOS appears I can find everything in the scene, except the drum sticks will not connect to the drum. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but it hasn't helped. Has anyone else had a similar problem? And if so, could you please help me?!? I can't move forward because of this. Thanks!

MORGUE GLITCH

[Post New]by csue72 on Oct 29, 12 1:50 PM
I am in the hospital, in the morgue. I have two problems.

>One is that I plugged in the cord to the xray screen and compiled the xray, but the screen won't light up. I click on it, and the commentary says that I need to plug in the cord!
>The other problem is the fuses. I try to grab them with the rubber glove, but the commentary says that I will get shocked.

I assume both of these are glitches, because I haven't seen any further instructions on walkthroughs (ie plug the cord into the wall as well, do something else with the glove...). Can I get through without having been upstairs before going downstairs?

Edited on 10/29/2012 at 2:20:10 PM PST

[Post New]by scooter1974 on Dec 11, 12 7:29 PM
Csue72, I had the same problem with the gloves. I kept clicking and clicking on those stupid fuses and nothing happened. I just figured it out. Go back to the door and click on the bell (I think that's it) to the right of the door. It turns on the power to the x-ray machine so you CAN touch the fuses! Hope that helps.

[Post New]by Tweezes on Apr 20, 13 2:08 PM
I missed the hidden object scene of the desk in the study after opening the safe. Now I can't get the glue. Is there any way to trigger the HOS now? I need that glue!

Go to: