do not work ...
please fix it.....

Nijimasu
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Post any Alpha Kimori technical issues here only

[Post New]by Nijimasu on Apr 3, 11 5:06 PM
The new build still gives me the "RGSS player has stopped working" error. I have tried BFG's recommended solutions, to no avail.

Kimbe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Kimbe on Apr 3, 11 10:21 PM
tried the fixes, tried tech support, no help there, uninstalled and installed re-build, still no go.

So glad i didn't spend money for this piece of junk.

AlphaKimori
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by AlphaKimori on Apr 4, 11 10:41 AM
Unfortunately, developers are not allowed to discuss technical issues according to Big Fish's policy but all I can say is that we are aware of the issue and we are working with Big Fish to isolate it. Problem is that the game seems to be working fine after just being tested by Big Fish Games on 12 systems in its compatibility lab last week. As developers, we have tried Alpha Kimori on a few machines with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 and we have actually developed the game on all of them (because we all run on different operating systems). However, we do not have that many machines to test on. Big Fish Games has the resources to test and they have reported only minor issues that shouldn't prevent the game from running so we are all baffled. Please do let Big Fish Games technical support ( http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask ) know about your system's specifications so that they can test further. Please do not just post here because I don't think it is getting to the right department in Big Fish Games. Thank you very much for your support and sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited on 04/04/2011 at 10:48:52 AM PST

Gillian8512
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Gillian8512 on Apr 5, 11 10:55 AM
Zazee wrote:The game won't launch. Only got "play again" option, even with the update version.

[Post New]by reebeerocks on Apr 5, 11 6:12 PM
Be aware that running some of the 'fixes' recommended here will screw up your future computer actions. I just downloaded and tried out another game from this site and am unable to delete it because of trying the "fixes" of the Alpha Kimori people. Now I have to go back through said 'fixes' and undo them.

A game isn't supposed to be work, especially when you can't even get it to play.

The fixes are b.s.

AND THEY LINGER!

AlphaKimori
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by AlphaKimori on Apr 6, 11 1:26 AM
Please do not attempt fixes here unless you know what you are doing. Please contact Big Fish Games technical support ( http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask ) directly and let them know of your issue and provide them with your computer specifications. Unfortunately, we, developers, can't do anything much unless Big Fish Games help us gather enough information about the systems on which Alpha Kimori is not working. Unfortunately, we don't seem to be getting much information and all we know is that some people are having problems starting the game. We do not even know if it is a Big Fish Games launcher compatibility issue or an issue with our game engine itself. So, please contact Big Fish Games and please do not just post here because despite all the posts here, we haven't gotten any major bugs reported to us from Big Fish Games. Sorry, it's really frustrating on our part too. Thank you again for your understanding.

torns
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by torns on Apr 7, 11 1:57 AM
AlphaKimori wrote:Please do not attempt fixes here unless you know what you are doing. Please contact Big Fish Games technical support ( http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask ) directly and let them know of your issue and provide them with your computer specifications. Unfortunately, we, developers, can't do anything much unless Big Fish Games help us gather enough information about the systems on which Alpha Kimori is not working. Unfortunately, we don't seem to be getting much information and all we know is that some people are having problems starting the game. We do not even know if it is a Big Fish Games launcher compatibility issue or an issue with our game engine itself. So, please contact Big Fish Games and please do not just post here because despite all the posts here, we haven't gotten any major bugs reported to us from Big Fish Games. Sorry, it's really frustrating on our part too. Thank you again for your understanding.

Are you fo real. Get the game right before you launch it then we wouldn't have to attempt to fix our systems. I have contacted tech support twice with the same response "we are working on it please be patient" Ihave been patient for almost 3 weeks now the game is flawed and doesn't work if so many are having the same problem then it isn't our computers it is your game. Don't go placing the blame with us take responsibility

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 1:57:40 AM PST

AlphaKimori
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by AlphaKimori on Apr 7, 11 10:12 AM
I apologize if my previous post sounded like I am trying to place blame on anyone. It is definitely not my intention. We are very grateful that we have people who want to play Alpha Kimori so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you! The fact is that I just checked with Big Fish Games today and no major abnormalities with Alpha Kimori was reported.This suggests that not everyone with technical issues wrote in ( http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask ) and that it could just be happening to a limited number of people. As developers, our hands are tied until we can get more information on specific systems affected by this issue and figure out what’s going on. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

torns
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by torns on Apr 7, 11 5:54 PM
All the fixes that tech support have offered are BS as well i have run every fix the y suggest ed and to no avail WILL NOT BE RECOMMENDING THIS GAME TO ANYONE UNTIL WE get an answer not just someone passing the buck. Our hands are tied as developers is a bs excuse that is used because you are clueless as to what is happening i have sent thru all relevent info to BFG with them to say its my mcafee if that were the case then no games would work on my system. I can play other games similar to alpha kimori like the aveyond series so it has to be the game NOT MY SYSTEM

webgrunt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by webgrunt on Apr 8, 11 5:34 AM
torns wrote:All the fixes that tech support have offered are BS as well i have run every fix the y suggest ed and to no avail WILL NOT BE RECOMMENDING THIS GAME TO ANYONE UNTIL WE get an answer not just someone passing the buck. Our hands are tied as developers is a bs excuse that is used because you are clueless as to what is happening i have sent thru all relevent info to BFG with them to say its my mcafee if that were the case then no games would work on my system. I can play other games similar to alpha kimori like the aveyond series so it has to be the game NOT MY SYSTEM

You are WAY out of line. You have to drop this idea you've developed that the buck is being passed. You're not paying any attention to what's being said here. I can understand your frustration, but please stop your mindless ranting, it's pointless and rude.

Alpha Kimori and BFG are trying to fix the problem with the game. In order for software developers to fix a problem, they first have to know what's causing the problem. In order to do that, they need to re-create the problem in the lab.

They have not been able to re-create the problem on any of their test systems, which they need to do in order to fix it. They are asking for our help in fixing the problem. If we experience the problem and send them the report on our system that they're asking for, they can try to build a similar system in the lab and see if they can re-create the problem so that they can figure out what's causing it and fix the game.

If you don't feel like helping them, that's fine, but stop whimpering about the game not working then. You're spending a lot of time and effort just whining and complaining in posts here. If you spent one-tenth the time and effort helping them fix this by providing what they asked for, then possibly they would have already fixed the game.

Software problems can be extremely tricky to fix. Software developers do not have a magic wand they can wave to make a program perfect and bug-free. A program (in this case, a game) might work fine on every system they have in the lab but fail on a lot of other systems after it's released. Why? Because there are literally billions upon billions of possible hardware, OS and software configurations out there. To test them all would take so much time and effort, they'd have to charge millions of dollars per game just to cover their testing costs.

Help them or go play some other game. Please.

torns
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by torns on Apr 8, 11 6:31 PM
Webgrunt I have given them all relevent information and they have come back and said they have no idea what is causing the game not to run. I have been emailing them since the game came out all they can say is it HAS to be my system which is BS i have followed everything they have asked me to do and nothing has worked so you tell me is it my system or the game. PPL are losing patience and mine is running thin when they keep saying its my system I have every right to be pissed off

[Post New]by reebeerocks on Apr 9, 11 12:32 AM
AlphaKimori wrote:Please do not attempt fixes here unless you know what you are doing. Please contact Big Fish Games technical support ( http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask ) directly and let them know of your issue and provide them with your computer specifications. Unfortunately, we, developers, can't do anything much unless Big Fish Games help us gather enough information about the systems on which Alpha Kimori is not working. Unfortunately, we don't seem to be getting much information and all we know is that some people are having problems starting the game. We do not even know if it is a Big Fish Games launcher compatibility issue or an issue with our game engine itself. So, please contact Big Fish Games and please do not just post here because despite all the posts here, we haven't gotten any major bugs reported to us from Big Fish Games. Sorry, it's really frustrating on our part too. Thank you again for your understanding.

I call baloney! They were the things you said to do on your website! Backpeddling doesn't cut it.

AlphaKimori
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by AlphaKimori on Apr 9, 11 11:30 AM
Thank you very much for the support, webgrunt! reebeerocks, since you have been to our website, all I can say without violating Big Fish Games' policy is that the version on our website is not the same one as on Big Fish Games and might not have the issues you are facing here. Please do not attempt the same solutions. Big Fish Games will handle the technical issues here so I will refrain from posting any further. If you require help with a version of Alpha Kimori that is not on Big Fish Games, please do not post here. Developers have to adhere to Big Fish Games' policy when answering questions here. Thank you very much again for your patience and understanding.

Nijimasu
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Nijimasu on Apr 19, 11 5:38 PM
To Sherman3D, if you are still reading here:

I have contacted Customer Support and have tried several suggestions, on two different computers, and still have not been able to get this game to start.

It may be in your interest to supply updated versions to Big Fish Games, even if you are not entirely happy with the terms. BFG has a lot of customers and I know that many will eagerly buy a new, original RPG such as yours.

AlphaKimori
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by AlphaKimori on Apr 21, 11 7:34 AM
Nijimasu, we'll check again with Big Fish Games as we did not get any major technical problem reported by Big Fish Games with this version, suggesting only very few of Big Games customers are facing technical issues despite what is being posted here. Once again, going to link them to this thread. Thanks for the support and understanding! ^_^

Nijimasu
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Nijimasu on Apr 24, 11 5:39 PM
I finally got this game to load on my main PC, after reinstalling it following a system restore! I have no idea what was causing the "RGSS player has stopped working" error; it's gone now.

However, Alpha Kimori still won't run on my netbook (which has adequate specs) - too bad since these kinds of games look better on a smaller screen.

At least the game runs well so far on my main PC and is a definite buy for me. I'll post my opinions in the relevant thread once I get further along.

AlphaKimori
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by AlphaKimori on Apr 25, 11 12:26 PM
Thanks, Nijimasu!!! ^_^ We have also checked with Big Fish Games and you guys will be getting an Alpha Kimori Episode One update soon so keep your fingers crossed! ^_^ Sorry, developers are not allowed to say when or discuss further but rest assured that action is being taken. ^_^

Nijimasu
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Nijimasu on Apr 30, 11 9:06 AM
The new build released on Apr. 28 works on my netbook. However, the game's motion/animations are a bit laggy, more so than with other RPGMaker-type games. The game looks and sounds great, though. And it is running well so far on my main PC.

Thanks

SMITTY1
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Credits not adding up

[Post New]by SMITTY1 on Aug 9, 11 8:22 AM
I am at the point in Sunny Meadow to rescue/follow Fukari and I have 20 credits..
Every time I slay a monster it shows like 300 or so credits but my total never changes from 20. I need credits as supplies and upgrades are very expensive.

I have uninstalled and re-installed with no change.

What is going on? Has this happened to anyone else?
HELP

Edited on 08/09/2011 at 8:47:15 AM PST

Go to: