Re:Welcome to Jewel Quest II forum

[Post New]by unclescary on Jul 8, 12 8:26 AM
Thought i had completed the game when a page came up game complete, then new levels appear called super hard level 1-1,you play the game as normal but none of the tile change colour can anyone help ?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 9, 12 2:36 AM
Welcome to the pond, unclescary

I didn't have that issue on the super hard bonus boards, but the specials will not carry over from the regular game and the way the tiles are placed it's just crazy hard to get all the spaces done. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

[Post New]by glomck on Nov 3, 12 11:46 AM
Has anyone ever got past super hard level 3-6. Got here after playing several levels lower for months on end and then one day I won! Got through a couple more levels now stuck again. Guess you just have to keep at it. Has anyone gone further? Any tips?

Welcome to Jewel Quest II forum

[Post New]by connieshammer on Dec 11, 12 6:47 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Jewel Quest II forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Jewel Quest II players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Why does this game shut down 4-5 times every time I try to start playing? VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desert007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Computers and Jewel Quest II -- don't give up!

[Post New]by Desert007 on Mar 16, 13 10:31 AM
I am a Jewel Quest II "addict" who recently purchased a new computer complete with Windows 8, and here's what I have noticed: It takes two things to get better performance out of your computer -- the computer itself, its programming, etc. but also broadband. I'm way out here at the end of the Universe near the Mexican border and I have high-speed satellite. Better than dial-up and great for most uses, but may be lacking for games.

My Bejeweled II game now does things it never has done before, but on Jewel QII I still notice a bit of hang-time.

Secondly, when playing the upper levels of Jewel QII, you need to balance your number of lives vs. your number of special moves. I absolutely lost 99 special moves when I failed at completing one level and had 0 lives left. (Just wasn't thinking...) Also, when you have -0- special moves in these upper levels, but you have several more lives left (one time I had 9 lives and -0- special moves...) rather than trying to complete the board, spend a life or two adding to your special moves. Some of these more difficult levels can only be completed by using special moves near the end.

If you think you have completed all the spaces and the game does not end, you haven't completed all the spaces. Some of them sort of "hide out" and don't appear to be spaces but a part of the background.

Above all, don't let your frustration level get too high before taking a break. Take a break and try again tomorrow!

Much love to fellow questers!

[Post New]by Iatanlady on May 17, 13 12:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I am stuck on the super hard level 1-5 any suggestions for that level appreciated.
Thanks

fifi949
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by fifi949 on Jan 7, 14 3:24 AM
To Desert007

thanks for the tip I have plenty of lives left and will now try it you way to get more spezials

Bea!

[Post New]by grannygear on Sep 1, 14 12:18 PM
I am stuck on level 26. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the coins over from the left side to the main board.

[Post New]by Dan300 on Feb 12, 15 2:50 PM
Unable to add new player name to Jewel Quest II in normal operating mode in Windows 7.

The game works fine in the Safe Mode. I've tried removing JQII completely, including **** games, but when the new JQ install is opened, it reverts back to the final game that was completed.

Where is that data stored - shouldn't it have be deleted when JQ and **** were uninstalled?

[Post New]by christinemck3 on Apr 15, 15 4:01 AM
I bought Jewel Quest 2 about 4 or 5 years ago. I just bought a new laptop (I HATE windows 8!) I installed the game, played three times in tournament mode, just FINE, and now it won't load at ALL! Keeps saying "Cannot connect to Server". Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I love playing tournament mode, but never had THIS problem. I don't like spending money on something that doesn't work! Thanks.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 15, 15 1:57 PM
christinemck3 wrote:I bought Jewel Quest 2 about 4 or 5 years ago. I just bought a new laptop (I HATE windows 8!) I installed the game, played three times in tournament mode, just FINE, and now it won't load at ALL! Keeps saying "Cannot connect to Server". Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I love playing tournament mode, but never had THIS problem. I don't like spending money on something that doesn't work! Thanks.

Welcome to the pond!

If you can even get the game to run, you're doing better than I was when I last had this game a few years ago. As far as I can tell, the developer took down the server that was running the tournament mode for both JQII and JQIII about five years back and there are no plans to restore it. Unfortunately the game appears to want to try to connect to the server regardless of whether you're in tourney mode or not, as the game began crashing repeatedly whenever I tried to play it after they took the tourney server down, so I eventually uninstalled. This was on my old computer running Vista, so it's not a Win 8 problem.

Go to: