angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 26, 11 12:12 PM
pkpurs wrote:Hasn't this been up before? Why is BF rerunning this game?

The first release was the Collectors Edition. This is the Standard Edition. Or perhaps you're thinking of the first Dark Parables game, Curse of Briar Rose?

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Mar 26, 11 12:31 PM
The story interests me. The graphics are absolutely beautiful and very clear. So I'm going to go against my fear of FROGs (meaning fragmented objects , not the little critters) and buy this one. The SE is just too enticing to pass up, especially for the sale $4.99!

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Mar 26, 11 2:40 PM
Absolutely excellent game, well worth twice the price. Every object you find is beautiful, every scene enchanting, every puzzle just difficult enough to challenge without becoming too frustrating (I only skipped the very last one because I was anxious to see the final chapter).

Wonderful ending, with a hint of the next installment to come!

Love the morphing objects (didn't find them all), love all the little interactive extras, love the hints for solving each objective (though I didn't notice those existed until I only had a few left).

SUPER long game; took me many hours, though I admit I went slowly in order to take in all the beautiful scenery and "play" with the interactive elements. The only way this game could be better is if the next installment were already done and ready to play!

Five out of five stars. Thank you, BF, for a pleasant and satisfying journey! Now that I have the SUPER SECRET object that was awarded me for finishing the game, I can't wait to get started again on the "hard" version!

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 2:41:41 PM PST

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Mar 26, 11 3:21 PM
Wow! Just downloaded this game and it is awesome! Don't think I've ever tackled playing a FROG before, but I am really enjoying it. Graphics are beautiful... so far puzzles are great..... thanks for all the positive comments... I'm trying to slow down and savor the game.. but it's hard to stop playing!!

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Mar 26, 11 4:50 PM
I finally had time to sit and play this game bought it a few days ago
WOW
excellent game, well done, good graphics

The map feature could have been enhanced such as click and go but overall a great game of high quality

The one thing I have to add to the mix here is that this is a LOOOONNNGGG game
My goodness

Great play for the money but I do not remember the first Darmk Parables being this long. Not complaining, just saying.

This is a 5 out of 5 game

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 26, 11 7:23 PM
I was wondering why this came up as a Collectors Edition but found out it was the SE I have been waiting for. It's a great game and I just love it.. Love the graphics and it's nice to have a IHOG for a change..

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Mar 26, 11 10:37 PM
This the ideal for a perfect FROG. The story is fun and interesting. The graphics are really lovely. The HOGs are just hard enough to be a challenge and clear enough so as not to be frustrating. The game offers enough of a challenge to keep your interest up. The mini games, not my favorite part usually, are fun and those that I did not care to spend time on could be skipped. The hint button recharges really fast All in all, a really great time. Glad I purchased this one.

[Post New]by FLAMEonfire on Mar 27, 11 2:04 AM
OK I'm back after playing the demo of this game - You'll never get me to like these FROG games better then the List type but this one didn't leave me sitting somewhere with nothing to do. The graphics are beautifully done [as everyone else has said] and the FROGS aren't anywhere near as bad as they could have been. If you look at the scenes you can pretty well guess what parts don't belong there and the hint button helps you take care of the rest. I was surprised I didn't need the hint button all that much either, and the button regenerates really fast!
Don't skip the "in story" scenes - they're worth the time it takes to watch them even though you want to move past them because of the time factor. They just make the game and the story line so much more interesting.

The map could have been more helpful. It shows you where you have to go but you have to foot it there you can't "jump" to other places with a click.
All in all a real nice game. If you want to try your luck on a hidden object game without the lists in the "find it scenes", and pieces instead of full objects; this is a good one to try.

Go ahead - Don't be scared if I can do it - You can too - I usually stink at these kind of games!

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Mar 27, 11 8:09 AM
When the CE came out, I said that I wouldn't buy it even if it was for free..but I must say that I, yes, love the graphics, love the music, love the puzzles...The only thing I still don't love, and don't know why it was made like that, is the endless clicking you have to make to get the objects you need...the "hidden objects - parts" scenes... I click here and there, have a lot of parts and then I just use the hint button...Happily this one reloads very quickly...If we had to find those hidden parts all by ourselves we would play for three years...!!!
Ok...A buy for me...but, next time...maybe another way to find the objects we need ?
Raska Raska

[Post New]by sandyfan on Mar 27, 11 9:36 AM
I completely agree with everyone about the great graphics and the general goodness of the game but a couple of kvetches:

The object searches get a little tedious as some of the parts are nearly invisible. Hints will get you through quickly enough, but still...

My main complaint is the map and the inability to "jump" locations. Finding your way through the sections is just plain annoying. I'm on the last chapter right now, but I had to take a break to cool down.

Still a good game, but the map is lame.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 9:37:17 AM PST

fauxgina
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by fauxgina on Mar 27, 11 9:37 AM
This game is awesome, awesome, awesome! Graphics are excellent, story is compelling, music is enjoyable -- really, really enjoyed it!!

True, I used lots of hints to find items that were well-hidden, and I have to admit I skipped a lot of the puzzles. There are an inordinately high number of puzzles with four panels that you have to rearrange to meet some specific criteria, and I didn't care for them. But the overall experience of playing the game more than compensates for the parts of it that aren't ideal.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 9:39:59 AM PST

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Mar 27, 11 9:42 AM
I this game!!!! I try most of the demos on BF but I've never liked a FROG before. This one the items aren't hacked by a three year old. A definite buy for me. I also love the background music and the story line. It's 10 chapters long so that's quite a good length for a game like this.

In fact when I get my credit tomorrow I'm going to also buy the Briar Rose one.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 6:40:01 PM PST

b2u4
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince - not

[Post New]by b2u4 on Mar 27, 11 12:02 PM
For those of you who like to roam around to find out what to do & where, then this game is for you. I really got tired of this.
But it does have good graphics and hidden objects were fun + the mini-games but it would have gone much, much better without all the roaming around. Just not my cup-of-tea.

But I guess I shouldn't complain for just $4.99 but I would rather have spent this on another game that I might want to play again later!

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 12:10:36 PM PST

[Post New]by neonurse on Mar 27, 11 11:41 PM
Absolutely loved this game. Excellent graphics, music, and story line. Can't wait for the next one. Bravo Blue Tea Games.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Mar 28, 11 1:37 AM

Downloaded and brought on sat, finished yesterday afternoon, about 6 hrs game play thats with doing the puzzles which I enjoyed and I like the toing and froing, I didnt just play for all 6 hours but loved every minute of the play.

Im a big fan of FROGS and think you get more out of them rather than just the HOGs.

Tried the CE a couple of weeks ago, and really cant think why I didnt buy it, but glad I brought this one.

Im presuming that the extra game play was going through the locked gate in the cave where you have to put a crown on the frog to open it, as I never found a crown so never could open the gate.

All in all a very delightful 5 5 from me, and looking forward to the next one in the series.

ms_mamiller
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by ms_mamiller on Mar 28, 11 5:50 AM
I just got the standard edition today and I am about an hour into the game.

I have to say I am really enjoying this game! The story is excellent, the music, the graphics, and I love IHOG!

I am a huge fan of frogs (laugh), so the overall theme is perfect for me.

I am just wondering how long the game is?

The IHOG scenes and difficulty are perfect for me, they are so beautiful!

I recommend this game... it is so much better than Shadow Wolf Mysteries, which was a huge disappointment to me.

Is the extra game play worth getting the CE version, please let me know.

BARGAIN 4.99 (with coupon)

CREDIT WORTHY

FISHY FAVORITE

Graphics
Sound
Story
Difficulty IHOG
Length? Unknown

5 out of 5

(SPOILER ALERT)

I love when the little frogs eyes glow (laugh).

(SPOILER END)

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 28, 11 7:43 AM
This game really surprised me. I demoed the CE and just decided against it because I do NOT like FROGs. However, when the SE came out at the same time as a sale, I decided to try again because I was so intrigued by the story line. I'm happy I did. I'm just starting Chapter 7 and am really enjoying the game. I like the graphics, I love the frogs (the croaking kind, I mean), the background sounds are nice and the storyline has kept my interest. I'm so glad I decided to give it another chance. I don't think I will ever like FROGs, but this one...has my vote as a great game!

bobbyjus2
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by bobbyjus2 on Mar 28, 11 3:35 PM
Love the game, but having a problem with the hard mode. In the wall is a puzzle and can't get the dragon and prince thing to work. You have to get four numbers and i can't get the nine.

ms_mamiller
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by ms_mamiller on Mar 28, 11 4:35 PM
Well I finished the regular mode of this game and here is my final review.

the Graphics + 1
the Sound + 1
the Story + 1
the Difficulty (Medium) + 1
the Length, more than 5 hours (without hints or skips) + 1

All the 5 essential elements, earning it...

Total = 5 out of 5 stars!

BARGAIN 4.99 with coupon
CREDIT WORTHY
FISHY FAVORITE

Unknown: Is it collectors edition worthy? Message me concerning additional content and aprox length. How long it is, does it add more than 2 hours to the game? Is it at all related to the original storyline?

Next game? Stray Souls, Dollhouse Story!

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 4:41:41 PM PST

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Mar 29, 11 12:40 PM
Stunningly beautiful game ...but...I don't know. It's like the developers got so caught up in the beauty of the graphics they neglected other aspects. It's not really creative. It seems cold, to lack heart.

I played "Dying for Darkness" last week, and it caught my interest. You got caught up in the story. This one just isn't interesting. It's beautiful though. Maybe the most beautiful out there.

Go to: