cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Maestro: Music of Death

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Apr 1, 11 5:14 PM
found the game very enjoyable and thought the story line was great. glad i bought it

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Apr 1, 11 10:25 PM
Possible Spoiler

Did I do something wrong, leave out a step? I enjoyed this game, but after I broke the mirror, I threw the violin in the fire. The violin burned for about 5-10 seconds, then my screen went black. After another few seconds, the credits started. Did I goof up the ending, the denouement, by throwing the violin in the fire too soon?

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 10:25:55 PM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Apr 2, 11 4:51 AM
I truly loved this game. The graphics were gorgeous, had a good story and I enjoyed the music. I started the game yesterday morning, played all day and finished this morning. I'm a very early riser, so it took me some hours. Most of the puzzles were solvable as there were clues, but I did have to skip a couple which I don't like to do. I wore out a couple pair of sneakers and had to make notes as to where to go when I found an item. I'll play the game again and this time try to solve the other two puzzles. And guess what Fishies.......sounds like there'll be a sequel!! Yaaah!!

Ritzschke
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Ritzschke on Apr 2, 11 12:51 PM
megwoman25 wrote:I love this game as I love all ERS games but Im starting to see that they are all the alike with the darkness and creepy factor. I don't mind games like that but even the music is the same throughout each of them. I just bought Haunted Legends queen of spades n I feel like this one is nearly the same but just has to do with music. I am not trying to always complain about the games I buy but Im starting to get bored with the same concept over n over n over. I want a game that just WOWS me n it seems like its harder than ever to do that now. I want something new and exciting and it seems like I might need to take a break on the ERS games for awhile.

Did you play Dire Grove? That is the most elaborate one I've even purchased. Although Return to Ravenhearst was almost as good. They have extensive plot lines and great scenes. The I think the both have the most WOW factor.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Apr 2, 11 12:55 PM
Loved this! I'm glad I waited too (I actually only have 2 CEs - have waited for the rest). Did not need a walkthrough, but a couple of puzzles stumped me too - that 3 circle thingie drove me nuts before I finally skipped it - which I HATE doing. But the rest was good fun. My only gripe was one others had - a bit dark for older eyes. But I thoroughly enjoyed playing.

Edited on 04/02/2011 at 12:59:21 PM PST

RinnaRose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by RinnaRose on Apr 4, 11 10:46 PM
Really enjoyed the game. Graphics are splendid. Storyline was unique and interesting I thought but I'm a musical kind of person. During hidden object scenes I loved the sound it made when I clicked too many times, it was creepy. The puzzles got my brain going and the story kept me wanting more. How it is that I don't age during the game (unless that is in the other mode, I only played the relaxed mode) is a mystery seeing that all those around me have either died or aged quickly. I'll have to ponder that.

ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on Apr 5, 11 1:50 AM
I am in the middle of this game...AND ILOVE IT...

I think it beats a lot of the collector's games, which are (sometimes) a waste of money...

Just a reason to up the money....

magi

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Apr 5, 11 8:36 AM
This was an enjoyable game, with many areas to unlock and explore, with a good level of interactive object manipulation. I found the graphics lovely, with sharp, clear images, the puzzles were enjoyable and varied enough to interest me, the soundtrack was engaging, the story line was creepy and enjoyable, the hidden object scenes (which I find tedious in any game) were few enough and easy enough to not be too boring or frustrating and did not require undue squinting and going blind to find something.

[Post New]by kathym8987 on Apr 6, 11 9:08 AM
spoiler comment

This was a great game.I wish it wouldv'e been longer.I enjoyed it a lot..I highly recommend it to anyone ages 10 and up.EVEN THOUGH THIS WAS CHALLAGING I'D LIKE A GAME A BIT HARDER.,ANY RECOMMENDATIONS.

Edited on 04/06/2011 at 9:17:05 AM PST

[Post New]by Eppitiffany2121 on Apr 6, 11 3:18 PM
Return to Ravenhurst

I enjoyed Music of death, the puzzles were easy, I thought some of the hidden object scenes were too dark, and if you play the game right you don't have to run around too much.
I will give you a few more game ideas in a minute.

other games:
Ravenhurst
MCF-Dire Grove
Curse of the Opera
Mystery Trackers-The Void
Flux Family Secrets-The Ripple Effect
Curse of the Raven
Enlightenus
Salem witch trials

Edited on 04/06/2011 at 3:32:40 PM PST

izzy75
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by izzy75 on Apr 7, 11 10:17 AM
soo boring

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Apr 7, 11 4:31 PM
I liked this game but just a "B" for me. But it's not with the 'greats' of games.

- no morphing/beyond objects

- it was OK length a bit short of 4hrs, but needed to be about an hour longer as in dire grove, return to ravenhearst.

- junk pile objects, washed out graphics so everything seems to be the same hue

- I have to disagree with fishies that love the graphics. they were 'washed out' to me. I find this a lot with hand drawn backgrounds games and don't understand why they do it? The title main menu is SO crystal clear - so why can't they do that with the rest of the game?
(and yes my laptop is screen is clean!)

- no widescreen (there are black bars down sides)

- no trophies or crowns for accomplishments ie for not skipping any puzzles.

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 4:35:22 PM PST

skeetrq
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by skeetrq on Apr 10, 11 10:27 AM
Okay, just finished trial version. It was an okay game. Interesting story line, but not challenging enough. Will wait on DD, just to see how story ends. Had all sounds muted as they are usually annoying to me. Clear graphics, items easy to find. A plus there as I hate dark scenes and where the items blend into the scenery. Annoying!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Apr 11, 11 7:00 AM
it wasnt the most difficult game i have played but was thoroughly enjoyable

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Apr 13, 11 11:20 AM
Just finishing the game- have to say after feeling "burned " by the Harris vampire game and the latest treasure seekers, It was a positive relief to play this game. I would have like a tad more- morphs or achievements, but the contrast tothe other 2 games made this a winner for me at- least a B+.

the graphics are a bit dull at times ( esp after the incred opening sequence)
but that is not enuf to put me of the game.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Apr 13, 11 6:36 PM
[b]really good game

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Apr 14, 11 9:24 AM
I really liked this game. Some of the puzzles where hard but still fun. It ends in a way that tells me there will be another game.

[Post New]by nowyouvedoneit on Apr 14, 11 7:39 PM
Loved it. Just when you thought there weren't more places to go...another one came along.

marachat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by marachat on Apr 15, 11 12:55 PM
I liked this game, but I have to agree with some other fishies, the games from this developer are starting to be too similar. The music is just one factor, and it kinda annoys me.

Another thing that really bugs me with a bunch of other games too are the lack of authenthicity. They are in frickin' France, yet the telescope or whatever view-thingie requires dollars, and that's not all! The characters could at least have a french accent! I dislike these little kinks!
If you are in France, you'd think that the newspapers are in french and the people talk french. This bugs me every time the character is in a foreign country where the majority of people doesn't speak english. ARGH!

Speaking of newspapers and papers/notes overall, it bugs me if the text doesn't fit the page(the page ripples and the text is straight) or if the paper has a rip, yet the text is written on the rip. This game has that too.

Otherwise, great atmosphere and the puzzles were mediocre, not too easy and not too hard.
I give it 3/5 stars.

[Post New]by ClydiaKoch on Apr 16, 11 3:04 PM
Really liked it. It was just my pace (for whatever that says) ~ not too hard, not too easy. Would love to see a sequel! Thank you for a great game.

Go to: