kozykat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:The Revenge Fishy-Fed Walkthrough

[Post New]by kozykat on Mar 27, 11 10:19 AM
sinshack wrote:CHAPTER 5 – Part 1, SOUL TREE, first two gates

Highlight text below to read.

Walk forward to the central gate. It's locked and you need 4 men. Back out, go to the first gate on the left. Click on the lock to the left and it will open. Walk forward to enter the cell. Click on stout (pedestal with blue mist) to get task.

Return to the Soul Tree and click on the brick on the lower left. You need arrows. You can’t skip the puzzle until you put the arrows back. Return to first gate and do the H0 scene to obtain arrows. Return to tree and place arrows on the puzzle. I can’t do screen shots so you’re on your own with this one, or you can skip it.

Return to the 1st gate and the vines are removed. Click on stout to get next task. You need to find an owl. Back out to the Soul Tree again, then hover your curser along the wall until you find the area (near the gate) where the owl is located. Click to enter. Click the round disk on the wall and find you need a pick. Do the H0 scene to obtain the pick. Use the pick on the round disk, then use the magic wand on the stone owl. Pick up the owl and return to the Soul Tree.

Put the owl in the top of the Soul Tree and the soul of the first man will float out and stay in the upper right corner of your screen. There is no need to return to the 1st gate until you have all four souls.

Click on the 2nd gate, open the cell by clicking on the lock, enter the cell and click on the stout for your next task. A hidden object list appears. You will obtain chains and a fishing net. After the list is complete, use all of the chains on the eye hooks on the wall and the mine cart. After chains are in place, pick up the four rocks, put them in the cart. The wall will fall away. Click on the stout again. You need to catch the raven.

Go to Soul Tree and click on the right side of base, where it says the wheat is. Find the 10 grains of wheat and a plate. You can’t use the hints here, but the grains are not hidden, just small. Take your time and you will find them. Back out of the scene and place the plate on the foundation where it flashes, and place the grain on the plate. When the raven comes to eat, cover it with the fishing net.

Pick up the raven and put it in the top of the Soul Tree, and the man’s soul will be released and float up to the upper right corner. You don’t need to return to the 2nd gate until you you have all 4 souls.

CONTINUED

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:The Revenge Fishy-Fed WALKTHROUGH

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 27, 11 10:21 AM
kozycat if you had a question it didn't post. Just ask without quoting, since the post will be too long then it won't show whatever you wrote just the quote.

kozykat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kozykat on Mar 27, 11 10:22 AM
how do I get the stone in the cart? I'm having a heck of a time getting them in there. Are they the stones right in front of the cart or are they located somewhere else?

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 27, 11 10:32 AM
the stones are the ones' in the same scene. You might have hit a glitch. This game is full of them. Persevere. Either try by getting out of the scene or out of the game. It's also possible you have to start the game with a new profile. It seems when we don't follow the game play exactly as the devs intended we get stuck a lot of times even though we don't really know the the game play they thought of.

kozykat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kozykat on Mar 27, 11 10:53 AM
Do you mean I would have to start the game all over again using a new name? If so, what if I get stuck at this spot again? Is there any way around it or am I stuck with this?
I started the game over again, and now it woun't let me pick up the star in the area where you have to get feathers for the hen. What do I do now?

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 12:51:36 PM PST

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Mar 27, 11 10:55 AM
Micha1234 wrote:the stones are the ones' in the same scene. You might have hit a glitch. This game is full of them. Persevere. Either try by getting out of the scene or out of the game. It's also possible you have to start the game with a new profile. It seems when we don't follow the game play exactly as the devs intended we get stuck a lot of times even though we don't really know the the game play they thought of.

Boy, isn't that the truth, Micha! The game never should have been released like that----not anywhere. I can't believe you tried to play it so many times!! It was frustrating enough, once! LOL Thank you for helping these fishies out, also! You have a lot of patience!

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 27, 11 11:05 AM
RaceCat - I made it all the way through the very first time...and since then I get toasted any time I try lol.

Sher_lock
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Sher_lock on Mar 27, 11 12:56 PM
gailweis wrote:

I didn't get the hidden object to open the graveyard gate, so I was stuck (thought I would get the cutter, but it didn't appear in my inventory after I finished the hidden object game). I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game to see if it works. I'm just about to try it again.

Just thought you might know what caused that problem. I posted on Technical Issues, but haven't heard.

Thanks!
Gail

Gail, I didn't get the cutter in the **** scene either. I quit and started over and, low and behold, the cutter was in my inventory. Of course, I didn't notice it until I had wandered around for quite awhile.

I did encounter several glitches throughout the game; like not being able to click on an object on the list and have it count, things not appearing in inventory, freezing game and even not being able to use inventory items. Every time I had problems, I quit and started again and things were fixed. An enjoyable game even though it had all the problems.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 12:59:18 PM PST

MEGOD
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by MEGOD on Mar 27, 11 1:02 PM
sinshack wrote:CHAPTER 5 – Part 1, SOUL TREE, first two gates

Highlight text below to read.

Walk forward to the central gate. It's locked and you need 4 men. Back out, go to the first gate on the left. Click on the lock to the left and it will open. Walk forward to enter the cell. Click on stout (pedestal with blue mist) to get task.

Return to the Soul Tree and click on the brick on the lower left. You need arrows. You can’t skip the puzzle until you put the arrows back. Return to first gate and do the H0 scene to obtain arrows. Return to tree and place arrows on the puzzle. I can’t do screen shots so you’re on your own with this one, or you can skip it.

Return to the 1st gate and the vines are removed. Click on stout to get next task. You need to find an owl. Back out to the Soul Tree again, then hover your curser along the wall until you find the area (near the gate) where the owl is located. Click to enter. Click the round disk on the wall and find you need a pick. Do the H0 scene to obtain the pick. Use the pick on the round disk, then use the magic wand on the stone owl. Pick up the owl and return to the Soul Tree.

Put the owl in the top of the Soul Tree and the soul of the first man will float out and stay in the upper right corner of your screen. There is no need to return to the 1st gate until you have all four souls.

Click on the 2nd gate, open the cell by clicking on the lock, enter the cell and click on the stout for your next task. A hidden object list appears. You will obtain chains and a fishing net. After the list is complete, use all of the chains on the eye hooks on the wall and the mine cart. After chains are in place, pick up the four rocks, put them in the cart. The wall will fall away. Click on the stout again. You need to catch the raven.

Go to Soul Tree and click on the right side of base, where it says the wheat is. Find the 10 grains of wheat and a plate. You can’t use the hints here, but the grains are not hidden, just small. Take your time and you will find them. Back out of the scene and place the plate on the foundation where it flashes, and place the grain on the plate. When the raven comes to eat, cover it with the fishing net.

Pick up the raven and put it in the top of the Soul Tree, and the man’s soul will be released and float up to the upper right corner. You don’t need to return to the 2nd gate until you you have all 4 souls.

CONTINUED

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 27, 11 4:37 PM
bump

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 27, 11 5:04 PM
MEGOD, do you have a question or a problem? You don't need to quote the walkthrough post here, just let us know what chapter and we'lll try to help. In fact, it won't do you any good to try to quote the walkthrough - I max-ed out the space in my posts, so there isn't any room to put your reply in.

Let us know if there is anything you need!

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 5:04:29 PM PST

[Post New]by tukapa on Mar 27, 11 5:39 PM
Thanks for going through all this work for us gamers. I got as far as getting into the gates, finding some dwarfs and then the game became stuck in one of the hidden object scenes. I can see the items I need to find: like a snake and a camel, but when I click on them they remain there. Then the game froze.
I hate to say it, but that was money wasted.
Anyhow, thanks again for all your trouble helping us out.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Mar 27, 11 8:46 PM
I thank you so much .I was at the point of asking for my money back. Now Im done and may do this again thank you thank you.

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Mar 27, 11 10:52 PM
just want to say abig thank you sinshack with your w t i just got it done you did a great job on this. now doing the happy dance hope you have a great nite

[Post New]by debutaunt100 on Mar 28, 11 12:24 AM
i'm on the 3rd picture at the end and have the vase thing and necklace i have clicked everywhere and they won't go in and no marks come up to help

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 28, 11 1:12 AM
debutaunt100 wrote:i'm on the 3rd picture at the end and have the vase thing and necklace i have clicked everywhere and they won't go in and no marks come up to help

The necklace in the 3rd painting goes on the priest that you rescued with the potion - he is in the group in the background, I beilieve the 2nd from the left, the one in the brown robes. If it still won't "stick" close the game then open it again - that usually gets it to work.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 28, 11 5:09 AM
back to the top.

[Post New]by debutaunt100 on Mar 28, 11 6:46 AM
ty for the necklace how about the vase thing

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 28, 11 7:42 AM
debutaunt100 wrote:ty for the necklace how about the vase thing

I think that one went on the table in the right side. If not, try the floor just to the left of the table. I know it's somewhere on the right side because of the distortion of the vase - it just looks ike it goes somewhere on the right.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 28, 11 8:54 AM
I found the website for the developers, Hill Stone Animation Studios. I can't put the link here, but you can do a search for it.

Hsastudios has several more games - check out the PC Games tab. Dragon Dance, Relic Hunt, and The Broken Clues are the ones that really interest me - I'm hoping they show up on BFG, and soon.

I also clicked their "contact us" button and wrote an email to them, explaining our problems with the game. Hopefully, they will listen and fix the others before they are released on BFG.

ETA: It turns out we already got Dragon Dance - check your Purchase history, it's listed as "THE Dragon Dance."

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 9:10:09 AM PST

Go to: