mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Aspectus: Rinascimento Chronicles

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 27, 11 6:51 AM
yourshannygirl wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
CasualGran wrote: But... I have been waiting this week for F.A.C.E.S. as announced by Mudrock and it didn't show! And now we have this, in my eyes anyway, really worthless TGT...

I tought too that it was today for F.A.C.E.S.

Yup we were told by Mudrock that "F.A.C.E.S" would be out this week and of course being Sunday, the last day of the buying week I thought it would be out too! Another disapppointment! I also think it has to do with the (removed by moderator) sale as well!I feel like waiting to buy "F.A.C.E.S" until the next sale just to prove a point if they are going to do this to me! ...I mean, they are making ME wait to make more money it would appear!
Thank you everyone for your reviews on today's TGT. Sometimes I like to try a straight adventure game, but I think I'll pass on this one and save some and get caught up on my IHOGs that I haven't even started on yet!

This is not the first time that Big Fish has done this. Certainly Mudrock knows that a sale is coming and should not announce a game if they are not going to put it out in order to make more money. I would respect them more if they did put it out so we could get it at the sale price.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 10:40:48 AM PST

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 27, 11 7:09 AM
They put out Maestro and Dark Prince SE's which a lot of people have been waiting for so I think you're a little off accusing them of not putting good games out til after the sale to make more money, otherwise they would have waited to release those two.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Mar 27, 11 7:12 AM
don't like at all!no skip button,and the same boring puzzle to unlock chest,barrel,gates and even the well!.....and the same puzzles to have some bottle of ....is it paint?an inventory that is not helpfull and is too much overabondant, too soon for using what you find;i think it is an easy solution to use always the same kind of puzzle for the same kind of actions!when i find the fifth one to open the gate,i ended the demo!yes,give us F.A.C.E.S,i made the beta ,and that is a great game(as far a beta shaws ....)

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Mar 27, 11 7:12 AM
I didn't particularly like this game. Thought the play was very slow and hard to follow. No buy for me.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 27, 11 7:13 AM
A lot of times a game is scheduled to be released, but the last-minute testing reveals bugs that can't be fixed in time, and they need to release something else instead. Sometimes it could be a business problem - somebody didn't get the contract signed in time, etc.

I would assume that something like that happened with F.A.C.E.S. because if they didn't release it just because they didn't want the lower price for the sale, they could have simply released it earlier in the week. I'm sure Medrock will give us an explanation next week if he knows what happened - he usually does.

Getting the thread back on track, the walkthrough is posted, and I think I'm going probably going to go against the trend and like this game. It's not a heavy-duty Adventure game, which is probably why the fishies that really like AGs don't like it. I'm just not smart enough to figure out everything on my own, so now that there is a WT I can take my time and enjoy it.

I'm not very thrilled with not having a skip button for the puzzles, but the story itself is interesting enough - to me at least - for me to give it a try at the sale price.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 27, 11 7:17 AM
shagwendy wrote:They put out Maestro and Dark Prince SE's which a lot of people have been waiting for so I think you're a little off accusing them of not putting good games out til after the sale to make more money, otherwise they would have waited to release those two.

Good point, you're right.

Juicey08
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Juicey08 on Mar 27, 11 7:30 AM
I was really disappointed with this one. The ad looked enticing. Story line was boring, mini games were frustrating. Not a buy for me. I think I will stay with my beloved HOGS.

[Post New]by beadaddict on Mar 27, 11 7:47 AM
I just wanted to thank you all for your reviews. As a relative newbie, your knowledge has helped me learn what to look for in a game. I am still learning all the acronyms you use. Your reviews have helped me be more selective in what games I buy. Thanks again to all.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Mar 27, 11 7:51 AM
I SO wanted to like the game, I really did but seriously, are there only THREE puzzles in it -- mix paint, fix gears, and open locks? And all the exact same type of puzzle? Seriously? Has anybody found anything else?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 27, 11 8:08 AM
cottoncandy2 wrote:I SO wanted to like the game, I really did but seriously, are there only THREE puzzles in it -- mix paint, fix gears, and open locks? And all the exact same type of puzzle? Seriously? Has anybody found anything else?

There are no other types of puzzles, the main fun, is in combining and using the inventory items.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 27, 11 8:22 AM
I am usually a real adventure game "nut". : This game looks rather amateurish IMO. The first "mixing colors" puzzle stopped me dead in my tracks. YIKES. (it ended up not being so bad) Someone who is far wiser than I got past the mixing colors puzzle and the second puzzle but when he could not do the 3rd one that was it for me. If he could not do, it I knew I couldn't. No buy here. Not an exciting game at all.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 10:12:52 AM PST

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Mar 27, 11 8:58 AM
I quit shortly into the demo out of frustration with the lock on the chest. The game interface was fine, graphics fine, loaded without a glitch, but not interested in being taxed.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Mar 27, 11 9:16 AM
I thought I'd love this game but you can't skip the mini games and by looks of it, this game is chalked full of them. No buy for me.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 27, 11 10:24 AM
I, too, was excited that we had an adventure game instead of a hog and really wanted to like it, but I hate the 3 mini-games. I did the paint thing, but I think it only made me fill 1 vial, it wasn't tooo bad, I got the lock picked but didn't enjoy it at all and if a person has a hard time moving their mouse fast it would be very hard, and then I got to the gears and hated that one also. If I have to keep doing 3 things I dislike over and over again...well, that's it for me.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 27, 11 10:40 AM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:I saw the title and thought, "LATIN/ITALIAN! YAY!"
I saw the subject and thought, "ART! YAY!"
I played the demo and thought, "REPETITION! GRRR!"
I imagine this game is probably rather long, which is why there were so many reruns of puzzle types in the first hour, but still: it's like taking a driving test nine times, passing them all, only to be told you have to take the test again before you can drive your brand new Porsche. One tends to takes bites out of the steering wheel when that happens.

If somebody actually gets through the entire game, maybe they can tell the rest of us whether things improve. If not...hey, I've always got Bioshock 2 to fall back on.

The puzzles do not change and are a little pointless but once you get into the swing of them, they are reasonably easy. I have finished the game and had great fun with the inventory items, especially discovering how to combine them. I like these types of games but obviously not for everyone! LOL!

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Mar 27, 11 10:42 AM
Hi fishies,

This thread has now been stickied for your convenience!

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the tech issues thread here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

-bfgOkeechobee

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Aspectus: Rinascimento Chronicles

[Post New]by divaprods on Mar 27, 11 11:32 AM
sinshack wrote:
rhorho wrote:LOL
I wish I liked adventure games. Then again, kind of glad I dont. Saves money.

If you are new to Adventure games, you might want to wait until the Walkthrough posts, look it over, then dowload the demo if it seems interesting. Since there is a $4.99 sale this weekend for members, it's the perfect time to try a new genre.

i didn't get my game splash email, does anyone know the code?

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Mar 27, 11 11:37 AM
I played the demo and kept thinking to myself, " What is the point?" or "When does it get interesting?"
For me there was no point to this game and it was absolutely boring.

I just look for random objects and play the same boring puzzles repeatedly.

I have no reason to push play or buy this game. Honestly, even if this game were $2.99 or .99 cents, I still would not find it a good value.

duke216
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by duke216 on Mar 27, 11 11:38 AM
One word: YUCK!

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Mar 27, 11 12:13 PM
I concur, with most of the previous assessments, not a game for me either.

Go to: