joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 28, 11 9:31 AM
HdO must be selling their games somewhere to someone as they
keep churning them out, but for the life of me I can't see it.

H0s far too easy to find unless they are mislabled or white stars
on a white sky. Might be good for very new players or young children
but then, the children couldn't read the clues.

To quote the King of Siam: Is a puzzlement!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 28, 11 9:32 AM
This is a very bad hog! I don`t recommend it and definete won`t buying it.

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Mar 28, 11 9:42 AM
What's with the start? I cannot read the first part-it looks like a lot of gibberish.

[Post New]by justtjoan on Mar 28, 11 9:42 AM
I think this game was a test to see if you had an IQ higher then ten.

patkerash
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by patkerash on Mar 28, 11 9:50 AM
Lame....played 11 minutes and deleted the game.

Stariannah
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Stariannah on Mar 28, 11 10:43 AM
bro4u_55 wrote:well some of us out here like the hidden object games and i am sure there are a lot of us out here glad the way big fish tries to keep us all happy

Hey, that's great bro!! But I didn't say a single word about hidden object games, despite that being the genre of this piece of trash. I was talking about the DEVELOPER of the game. I'm not the only one who can't stand games by HdO as evidenced by the near universal given on every one of their games. The fact is, I LOVE hidden object games. I grew up on the Highlights Magazine for kids, and my absolute FAVORITE activity in that mag was the hidden object picture where you had to find the 10 or so hidden objects. That said, I STILL don't understand how HdO manages to make any money nor how BF can make any money off their games. They're absolutely horrid!

S.

cookme
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by cookme on Mar 28, 11 11:04 AM
I liked the game but it was too short. Not worth the money.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Mar 28, 11 11:49 AM
I'm beginning to think they should have called this thread C&R for HdO!
I have played 3 of their games to date and finished them all within or just after the hour. 2 were played using an all-access pass on another site and 1 I bought on disc

Stariannah
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Stariannah on Mar 28, 11 11:51 AM
Found out why we're stuck with so many of these stinkers. BF is indeed in a partnership with Anuman, the ... er ... "creators" (I wanted to call them something else, but I don't think the filter would allow it) of this HdO Adventure garbage. And yes, these horrible games we're being fed were released ages ago...this "current" one was originally released in November. Of 2009. You can find out all kinds of nauseating information by simply doing a Google of "anuman interactive" or even "hdo adventure." I'm actually APPALLED that Anuman dares to call themselves a "leading" developer. Maybe in France, but certainly not here. Maybe 10 years ago, but CERTAINLY not now. *sigh* Hold on to your horses ladies and gents, 'cause unfortunately, there's plenty more where this came from. BF has about 10 more, at least, that they've got to dump on us.

S.

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Mar 28, 11 12:03 PM
swimming against the tide.....
There was somthing quite enjoyable about this game. I only played the demo, and got most of the way through.
I would say this was worth a DD to have in the game cupboard. I think it will have replay value, as there are LOTS of games/ mini-games/ target shooting.
You can click through the dialogue by clicking the 'play' button, there is no need to read as is only storyline - no hints given etc
Graphics clear; in some scenes you can scroll an extra 1cm left and right, this sometimes reveals the objects
I felt this was better and more challenging than Aladin/ Alladdin/ Aladdin - the guy in the girls clothing.
All in all - not the worst game I've played

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 28, 11 12:33 PM
I tried this game a year ago, and I didn't like it then, am certainly not going to like it now. I do recall there were two games with the same subject that came out about the same time, similar titles, bought one, deleted this one. Since it was on my old computer that was stolen, I can't go back and check. I will take a book over an HdO game any day. And I have recently been informed that we in the forum are really not listened to, as we are a very minor part of the BF group, 5% per Paul. What speaks to BF is our money, so if a game is not bought by many, then, supposedly, they won't offer similar ones. Must be a lot of silent HdO purchasers out there as we in the forum speak loudly and clearly about our dislike of them. And this isn't a new subject. Over the past few years, some of us have spoken of our dislike of these games on BF, as well as other forums, so it is quite clear they really are not listening. But then again, who really knows, and does it really matter anyway. Well, yeah, kinda. I like playing hogs, and am hungry for a new one...this 'restaurant' isn't serving anything I want today, so off to search elsewhere, once again.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Mar 28, 11 12:43 PM
This is not the kind of game I enjoy; straight HOG without interaction with the enviornment and the objects you collect. Story advances with a somewhat wordy back & forth between characters.
That being said, I would recommend this game to a younger HOG gamer just starting out or to parents of gamers who are concerned about some of the dark and ominous storylines and graphics of many HOG games.
We all had to start somewhere!

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 12:44:38 PM PST

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Mar 28, 11 1:37 PM
Hey folks!

Thanks for all your comments and reviews so far on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo.

Please make sure to keep our #1 Forum Rule in mind when posting:
Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish Games employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.
While we encourage users to post their thoughts and opinions about the game, developer, publisher, etc., please do keep posts respectful and avoid name-calling.

Please PM a moderator if you have any questions.

-bfgOkeechobee

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 1:37:33 PM PST

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on Mar 28, 11 1:43 PM
It's never a good sign when I click on one of the images of the game and think, "I've played this before." Especially when I haven't played it before.

From the looks of it, the company that is making these games is reusing the same mini-games over and over and over again. Perhaps randomized slightly - but they're not new games, just the same old recycled crap.

Won't be buying this one. I did buy yesterdays, which was easy and mindless, but sort of entertaining.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 28, 11 2:05 PM
I thought the graphics were good, and you got to find lots of different things in different type of H0 scenes. I did get tired of clicking the arrows to advance and I thought it was too easy, nothing was really hidden. People who like straight H0's might like this game, what passed for mini-games were all pretty easy, and people with bad eyes should be able to find the objects without much squinting, they are appropriate items in appropriate places for the most part. If you have less than 6 hints you can get another by finding a star, but I never had to use a hint. If you want an easy game where you don't want to think hard, you will probably like this one.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 28, 11 2:14 PM
Appalling - lasted 5 minutes

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Mar 28, 11 2:31 PM
thistle809 wrote: Well, we can certainly say that HdO is consistent: they always produce the most primitive, ridiculous excuses for games that anyone could possibly imagine. My question is, 'Why does BFG distribute these pieces of junk?' In addition very weak storylines, extremely awkward game play, and some of the worst English language translations, their games show no imagination, creativity or innovation. A great example of the poor English language translation is in this game: try searching for "Rope Instruments", and find that they are a mandoline and a bass fiddle; or how about "Plate" for a painting hanging on a wall?. The mini-games are tedious and repetitive. Perhaps other sites might get away with foisting these duds on their members, but BFG has a more sophisticated, cerebral following, for the most part. Felix, you need to take a look at your Quality Control department. (Is there a way to give negative stars?)

I completely agree with this. I saw a bunch of HdO games on another site last year and I tried some of them but ALL of them have the same awful graphics, not enough hints but too hard to see most items. I use up the 9 hints n thats just in the demo & can't seem to find the others even when my face is in the screen. I never thought they'd actually wind up on BFG because BFG is a quality game site. The other site I saw actually charges $19.95 for these games. Who in their right mind would pay that? it makes me sad that BFG actually has these games now booo. Its actually Coladia who produces them & they should be ASHAMED of themselves. However, everyone has different tastes so I am sure some people are pleased but I personally can't go from playing MCF to these. Its like a slap in my face. I wouldn't even play this game if it was given to me FREE!!!

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 2:33:33 PM PST

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Mar 28, 11 2:35 PM
Stariannah wrote:HdO? Again? Come ON BigFish!! Do y'all have some sort of contract with these cretins? A contract that y'all for some bizarre reason you're unable to get out of? Did Picman sign something in blood? Is THAT why y'all keep foisting this garbage upon us? You CAN'T be making a profit on these games. So what is it? Why do y'all keep torturing us this way? WHY BigFish, WHY????

S.

lol. There's probably a subclause that says HdO gets his first-born if BFG doesn't offer their games.

[Post New]by Lee101089 on Mar 28, 11 2:51 PM
Very poor game. Graphics, story, and yes the translation is horrible.

It's a definite pass for me.

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Mar 28, 11 2:57 PM
12 minutes I lasted thought I was going to be seasick or maybe just sick,glad to know other people thought it was awful not just me being picky.

Go to: