sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Curse of the Thirty Denarii

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 29, 11 7:03 AM
Boomer47 wrote:..............By my count, since 3/22 there have been 5, yes 5 Hdo games released here. That is a total of 5 dismal games in 7 days...............!

I missed one when I counted - I only found 4, but those were the ones I downloaded and I recognized the names.

We'll I certainly didn't have to purchase this one - I completed the whole thing with 7 minutes to spare in the demo!! And I'm not a very fast fishie (got a few fin problems...) so the speedy ones will probably get done in half the demo time.

Like I said in my earlier post, it's Ok, but just Ok. And since I could play it completely for free, it was obviously far to short. Quantity rather than quality, and a game that a slow player will probably finish 5 minutes after they purchase it? Sorry. It just doesn't swim in THIS pond.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 29, 11 7:16 AM
I know that I will be corrected if I am wrong I counted 3 HDO games since 22/3, 2 adventure games, 4 other H0 games, 1 H0 CE, and only 1 M3.
I am an out and out H0 fan, what have we got to complain about? does not advertise as being a H0G only site, does it? LOL! Come on smile everyone

Peg067
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Peg067 on Mar 29, 11 7:27 AM
"Tomorrow's Game Today"? Incredibly low tech! How old is this game? I found the actual game play very dull. It was like reading a cheesy old comic book. The game tells you exactly what to do and when to do it, leaving nothing to figure out on your own. Clicking on items was sluggish and sometimes took 2-3 clicks for a response. In one scene, no matter where I clicked, I nailed something on the list. The 2 mini games I played were just plain silly. Skip this one and save yourself the 10 minutes.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 29, 11 7:27 AM
Hi everyone,

Just a quick reminder that this thread is for the comments and reviews of the game The Curse of the Thirty Denarii.

If you would like to start a discussion about the game genre or any other topic, please do so in Chit-Chat Corner.

You can also participate in the already existing thread General Games Discussion.

Participation in this thread should include only thoughts and feedback on this game title.

Thank you and happy gaming.

bfgImbrium

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Mar 29, 11 7:36 AM
Yeah, not a buy for me either! Nothing much has been lately!

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 7:38:05 AM PST

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 29, 11 7:44 AM
Thank you Imbrium for clarifying that to ALL of us! Much appreciated!
Abs

ETA...I downloaded this game and after playing awhile, I found it enjoyable. It's a pleasant time passer, especially for the price! I'm pretty sure I'll buy it.

ETA THE SEQUEL..It was fun enough, but I guess I won't buy it cause I finished it in the demo! It was quite a short game.

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 3:24:30 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 29, 11 7:46 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hi everyone,

Just a quick reminder that this thread is for the comments and reviews of the game The Curse of the Thirty Denarii.

If you would like to start a discussion about the game genre or any other topic, please do so in Chit-Chat Corner.

You can also participate in the already existing thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/83627.page>General Games Discussion</a>.

Participation in this thread should include only thoughts and feedback on this game title.

Thank you and happy gaming.

bfgImbrium

It seems like someone from BF is reading the forums! Well, my thoughts about this game title are that I won't trial anything from this developer as their games are not worthy of my time or money. I have been disappointed with the lack of a good game (not including SE's of previous CE's) lately. However, I was lucky enough to find Time Dreamer; where was I when that was originally released!!

I will continue to be a member of BFG but not for long if the games continue to be the poor quality of this one.

[Post New]by justtjoan on Mar 29, 11 7:53 AM
Well, this company [HdO Adventures] must have had a clearance sales. I hope that BIG FISH GAMES did not purchase a boat load of them. Every game looks and plays like the previous ones: find the cars, find the goats, find the fruit, find the sticks and the list goes on. I think they all stink...

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 9:04:52 AM PST

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Mar 29, 11 7:54 AM
Cherb, it seems to me BFG is not only trying to forcefeed us bad games, but they are trying to forcefeed us the Collectors Editions because those are the only games I can see that are worth buying. The Standard Editions are what most would pay $2.99 for. I am getting disgusted with their continual offerings of bad games. Are they under new management or something? Used to, I couldn't keep up with buying all the good games and now, I tend to settle for games I wouldn't ordinarily purchase.

Hope they care what their fishies think!

mcscooby
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by mcscooby on Mar 29, 11 8:03 AM
I actually took the time to download this game and as soon as I saw HdO promptly removed! These are horrible games, wish I read the forum first so as to not waste my time!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 29, 11 8:29 AM
Hey bfgImbrium--Very good of you to join in the fray! It's nice to know that SOMEBODY'S listening to gamers' posts. That said, I suppose that you do need to remind folks to stay on topic--seems to me that just about everyone has fallen in line, though. The comments I've seen are mainly about the game, with some words about 's marketing philosophy--hope that's not what you're chiding us about!

A basketful of these sub-par games in a week is disappointing, that's all. For ALL subscribers (to paraphrase CasualGran), a decent TM, M-3, or Card game may even be welcome.

(I know this post is off-topic, against Mod's advice, but I feel it needs to be said).

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 29, 11 8:39 AM
girlwonder wrote:Cherb, it seems to me BFG is not only trying to forcefeed us bad games, but they are trying to forcefeed us the Collectors Editions because those are the only games I can see that are worth buying. The Standard Editions are what most would pay $2.99 for. I am getting disgusted with their continual offerings of bad games. Are they under new management or something? Used to, I couldn't keep up with buying all the good games and now, I tend to settle for games I wouldn't ordinarily purchase.

Hope they care what their fishies think!

I hear you girlwonder but don't agree. Our membership deal is for 1 game a month at $6.99. Any other purchases are purely a matter of personal choice not force feeding, to buy or not to buy.

I defy ANYONE on here to find 1 game a month they do not willingly purchase.

However, my stock of games I must try is being seriously depleted this week LOL.

[Post New]by EccentricFlower on Mar 29, 11 8:40 AM
I don't have any innate bias against HdO, and I really like the "comic book" format - in fact I wish the game had been entirely comic-book-panel style. It was like playing an interactive Tintin comic. However:

- This is possibly the slowest-loading game I've ever played from Big Fish. Press the Play icon at the end of each scene and prepare for a long wait.

- The puzzles are extremely easy. Even some "for kids" games on this site are more challenging.

- The translation is not very good. I don't know what language HdO works in natively but it isn't English. I normally don't complain about that, but in this case I encountered at least two translation issues that made a hidden object harder to find - "blades" for "tears" and "bar" for a ship's steering wheel.

Frankly, the only reason I played as much of the demo as I did is that the story was compelling (about Judas and the thirty pieces of silver) and I liked the Tintin-style art. But I gather the game is short and I'm so impatient with its poky loading that I won't be paying for it.

[Post New]by angeleyesofhope1 on Mar 29, 11 9:02 AM
This is a no buy from me as well. If I want to read a lot, I will pick up a book, not buy a game.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 29, 11 9:11 AM
Interesting reading the Forum today. Lots of unhappy gamers and I am one of them. I won't bother downloading this, won't waste my time.

[Post New]by iampeacewalker on Mar 29, 11 9:16 AM
Arrghhhh...not another one of these, sure glad I read that the last few games to come our way are oldies...load conversation...then wait to load next phase of game wait and wait...these are terrible...really poor...not for me

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Mar 29, 11 9:21 AM
greyratt wrote:I'm not a negative person generally, however...is it just me or does it seem like BF is REALLY slipping this last month or so? Seems like we got a run of a bunch of great games for a good period of time and now it's rare that a decent one pops up. I used to buy A LOT of games, but here lately I'm lucky if I can find two a month that I get excited about. A sad, sorry state of affairs...
Bring back the old (and reliable) BFG!

I completely agree!

midori2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by midori2 on Mar 29, 11 9:23 AM
Nearing my one year anniversary with BFG. At this rate, I don't know if I'll get my stuffed fish! On a positive note, these horrible games have pushed me back into reading again...instead of wasting my money on these sub-par games, I bought myself a Kindle.

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Mar 29, 11 9:31 AM
O M G BF why are you doing this to us????????????? have we not sacrificed enough for you recently???? Here take my first born but give me a DECENT GAME please

[Post New]by bettyboopy1 on Mar 29, 11 9:37 AM
it was going along pretty good i was almost going to buy it , but then all the teeny tiny almost in the dark hidden objects are just tooo annoying to try to find , and the hint button takes too long to refill. another loser

Go to: