Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Mar 31, 11 7:14 AM
Alas.... I just filled my fourth punch card this month, so will buy tomorrow. I really can't wait!! I enjoyed the first one so much that I can't wait to dive into this one!!!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editio

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 31, 11 7:17 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:I found myself with a puzzled forehead through most of the game. The hint system sure does help on what to do next. The voice sure sounds like the old guy in Drawn.

Graphics are nice. But I sure got lost a lot on what to do next.

Maybe someday I'll get it, for now I have to unwrinkle my puzzled brow.

The Strategy Guide is built in to this game (at least in the CE release today) so if you get lost, you can page through that. THe button for the SG is not in the usual places along the left edge or the bottom of the screen, it's in the upper right side of the top of the screen.

If it weren't for Strategy Guides and walkthroughs, I'd get so confused I wouldn't be able to play most of these games!

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Coronagold on Mar 31, 11 7:22 AM
Wow, Atrus looks really different today.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Mar 31, 11 7:30 AM
I just tried the demo and will absolutely buy this game tomorrow. I've already filled 3 punch cards this month. The first episode of this was my favorite game of all time. It took many hours to finish. For those who are concerned with the size of the file on this game, it certainly doesn't mean the game is short. It's actually a larger file than the first game and it took me several days to finish that one. I replayed it about a month ago and it still took me many hours to finish and I enjoyed it as much as the first time. One nice addition to this one is the area clear sign. I find that very helpful. Give this a try. Most of you will love it.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Mar 31, 11 7:33 AM
I've tried the demo out, it's a lovely game to play. But I'm going to pass this one due to flashy retro lights, they're kind of blinding to ones' eyes.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Mar 31, 11 7:50 AM
Great game. I remember playing the the first. It seems like it was ages ago, but maybe that's just me. Sinshack said it all for me, so thanks for that. The only reason I wouldn't buy right now is budget. If I don't buy the CE I will the SE when that comes out. Have fun y'all.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 31, 11 7:52 AM
This is a very good game, same quality and standard as part 1. A buy for me, but I will wait till next month

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editio

[Post New]by bball111 on Mar 31, 11 7:53 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:I found myself with a puzzled forehead through most of the game. The hint system sure does help on what to do next. The voice sure sounds like the old guy in Drawn.

Graphics are nice. But I sure got lost a lot on what to do next.

Maybe someday I'll get it, for now I have to unwrinkle my puzzled brow.

I had a terrible time figuring out what to do next in the first game. Map did not help because even then I had trouble getting to the place I needed to be. Had hoped this game #2 would make getting around easier.

[Post New]by tarnjah on Mar 31, 11 7:57 AM
Hey Fishies

I am an Aussie virgin forum poster, but otherwsie a long term fishie and BFG addict!!

I always read all your reviews before buying a game, so thanks for all your comments.

My 2 cents is that I am with the previous comment that this game is inane and boring. I think it holds absolutely no challenge. It is incredibly linear. I hate games that handhold and tell you exactly what to do next and where the hidden object scenes have you collect something for immediate use, and where and how to use it is so obvious. Plus the mini game puzzles are too easy.

I also agree with others re the retro looking graphics, I don't really like them..

I want a game to be challenging so this is a no for me, especially the CE, I may not even buy the SE.

Happy gaming fellow fishies xxx

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Mar 31, 11 8:12 AM
Love it! It's a nice change from all the games with vampires and ghosts and stuff that I'm totally addicted to. Something bright and airy for a change. I agree it's a bit on the easy side, but I'm loving it anyway. Great graphics. Cute minigames. Cool story.

roxas87
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editi

[Post New]by roxas87 on Mar 31, 11 8:15 AM
OMG!!! I need to buy this game as a CE tomorrow!! i already finished my 1 hour trial and can't wait to go further into the game!! here's my reviews of the game,for $13.99!!

1. when you first dive in into this game,you should notice that this game have amazingly,super-special graphics on anywhere you go!. furthermore,the CE size is only almost 200 MB for such an excellent graphics!. in addition,the journal book and strategy guide book are very well illustrated!. the font of the journal book is a little bit small to read though. plus,this game doesn't have a custom cursor but, in replacement for all that lacking,you got voice-over all over the scene! it keeps you for not feeling lonely,although the voice-over is not so well,errrr...voiced-over (the dolphin in the prologue scene has a voice of a man that sounded like he talked from a radio communication)..

2. gameplay and effects..one word,very interesting and unique! the gameplay is mixed with several mini-games (puzzle), HOG and magic power! the game progress in relatively well-balance between these 3 gameplays. not so frequent of puzzle and HOG,nicely done! furthermore,this game has a little bit of adventure part in it,where you need to collect flying dolphin (i think) for your magic power, and (in this trial) collecting crystal shard to assemble it and restore the temple. in addition,everytime you entered a HOG, some scene on the background is not static,and it is animated instead! and everytime you click an object,there is a somewhat like confirmation sound to keep you from boredom. and after finishing it,you get like somekind of overview screen of important items for your quest. the same goes for puzzle games, where everytime you finished the puzzle,it have a cool special effects,and THAT'S are enjoyable to watch!

3. for innate features..the hint and skip button are recharging quite reasonably.and the objects in HOG are surprisingly much easier to find. the strategy book is somewhat not in 'remember' mood,means,let's say if you stop at page 9/18,close the book,and you open it again,it didn't come straight from where you left off,which is page 9.. in addition,if you zoom in the image,you just need to click the image again to zoom out.no need for clicking an 'X' on the image ('cause it didn't have one). for storyline length,it have 9 different chapters/places.

overall,i'm gonna buy this baby tomorrow and this game is very well developed with fantasy fiction theme. HOT,worth $13.99 and A rating.

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 8:25:15 AM PST

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Mar 31, 11 8:41 AM
Not for me. Too many sparkles, too much handholding. I deleted before finishing the demo.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Mar 31, 11 8:44 AM
I own the first even though I think it's just ok. Pretty but way too dark, and I have never replayed it.

So is this one as dark as the first Empress Of The Deep?

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 31, 11 8:59 AM
tarnjah wrote:Hey Fishies

I am an Aussie virgin forum poster, but otherwsie a long term fishie and BFG addict!!

I always read all your reviews before buying a game, so thanks for all your comments.

My 2 cents is that I am with the previous comment that this game is inane and boring. I think it holds absolutely no challenge. It is incredibly linear. I hate games that handhold and tell you exactly what to do next and where the hidden object scenes have you collect something for immediate use, and where and how to use it is so obvious. Plus the mini game puzzles are too easy.

I also agree with others re the retro looking graphics, I don't really like them..

I want a game to be challenging so this is a no for me, especially the CE, I may not even buy the SE.

Happy gaming fellow fishies xxx

Welcome to the pond, tarnjah! Not every game is for every fishy, so just because I love it doesn't mean you have to. I hope we see a lot more of you in the future, especially since you took the time to explain why you don't like the game. Negative reviews matter just as much as positive ones.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 31, 11 9:03 AM
soblessed57 wrote: I own the first even though I think it's just ok. Pretty but way too dark, and I have never replayed it.

So is this one as dark as the first Empress Of The Deep?

I don't think this one is as dark as the first. If you mean graphics, you aren't underwater this time, so the scenes are well-lit. If you mean atmosphere, I guess the best way to explain it is in the first game, you were in a more defensive mode, trying to protect yourself from your evil sister. In this game, the aim is more offensive - you are making positve progress by freeing the children and the guardians.

Give the demo a try - I'm about halfway through the game at this point (I think) and the "feel" of the demo portion continues in the rest of the game up to area I am in (starting to free the 3rd child.)

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 31, 11 9:41 AM
peglegann wrote:Thank you, amj0963, kdub, Kelvarda and sinshack for your reviews. Sounds like an interesting game but as I said in the Devs thread, I am going to wait on buying this. Strange that the last was an SE and this is a CE. I am sure that someone who finishes it in 2 hours 2 mins and 40 seconds, (LOL!) will tell me if the extras are worth double the previous price. I am not complaining, honestly, just commenting.
Have fun all

Extras are not worth double the previous price, oh NO. If you want to play a decent M3, buy one. I'm not even sure I understood this one. So disappointed, the first game was far more difficult and longer..........

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 31, 11 9:51 AM
Forgot to say that you end this game absolutely blind, sparkling jewels all over the place and you have to find tiny ones amongst them.

WARNING :

The extra bit of this game is dangerous if you care for your eyes !!!!!!!!!!!

I know some of you hate sparkles and lightenings, there's an H0 where a flash of lightening keeps going while you're painfully looking for H0.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editi

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Mar 31, 11 9:54 AM
sinshack wrote:
soblessed57 wrote: I own the first even though I think it's just ok. Pretty but way too dark, and I have never replayed it.

So is this one as dark as the firs t Empress Of The Deep?

I don't think this one is as dark as the first. If you mean graphics, you aren't underwater this time, so the scenes are well-lit. If you mean atmosphere, I guess the best way to explain it is in the first game, you were in a more defensive mode, trying to protect yourself from your evil sister. In this game, the aim is more offensive - you are making positve progress by freeing the children and the guardians.

Give the demo a try - I'm about halfway through the game at this point (I think) and the "feel" of the demo portion continues in the rest of the game up to area I am in (starting to free the 3rd child.)

Yes, I did mean the graphics,sorry I should have clarified that.

Thank you for letting me know that since it isn't underwater it is not so dark.Now I am interested.

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Mar 31, 11 10:01 AM
OH OH OH OHOHOHOH no I'm not santa I'm just SOOOOOO excited loved the first Empress of the Deep but now I've got 4 CE's to buy decisions decisions.... well I think I'll wait until tomorrow and buy at least one of them if not two

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 10:02:01 AM PST

[Post New]by Pinkfloydrules on Mar 31, 11 10:10 AM
Empress II was my first collectors purchase as I did play the original game. Extremely pleased (and relieved as the price for collectors is double). Although I have only played for an hour I can honestly say that the graphics are stunning and the voice talent is very nice. Puzzles were very fun and the user guides very helpful. As a parent whose 2 year old loves dolphins, I expect to be playing this game over and over and over again just for him. Well done Silverback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look forward to Empress III-Dolphins vs Predators.

Go to: