lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Fool

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 1, 11 4:45 AM
I loved the game graphics are great! music is nice, the game is awesome thx DEV's..

patjoy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,880 Posts

[Post New]by patjoy on Apr 1, 11 4:48 AM
Yea! I've been waiting for this game because I loved Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates by the same devs. It's 4:45. here and I'm wide awake (another gramma who can't sleep). This April Fool's gift is going to be fantastic! Thanks BF and devs!

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by tredzwater on Apr 1, 11 4:48 AM
girouard347 wrote:Thanks, Tredzwater! Excellent review! Sounds like my kind of game and I'm downloading now. I had some reservations because I thought it was geared toward kids, but you convinced me!

Thank you for the very kind words, girouard, I really appreciate them! I seldom write a "real" review because usually, by the time I DL a game, there are already 3 pages of reviews on the forum. Maybe insomnia had a good use, for once.

I was delighted to see the "MagicIndie" brand screen show up when I opened the game. I fell madly in love with their "Robinson Crusoe 2" and have played it several times, already. It's one of those games that delight, amuse and challenge, all at the same time, and it has some unique puzzles that still keep me working.

I wonder if it would be difficult for BFG to add the name of a developer to a game description? We all recognize our favorite series games but I, myself, have no way of knowing if the developers of a game I loved also developed a new game, not in a series, unless I DL the demo.

Which, of course, won't kill me. :-D

Tredz

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 1, 11 4:52 AM
This is a very good ihog - beautiful graphic, great gameplay - even the hogscenes are interactive. Of course a buy for me

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Apr 1, 11 5:10 AM
there were some items that you had to do something to an item to get it example baked bread (you had to put the bread in the oven to bake) then after it baked you could get the bread.

Yes - i enjoyed these interactive bits ALOT too!!!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 1, 11 5:14 AM
Happy April Fools and Poisson d'Avril to our French friends and all

When I saw this title and the character before I even realised what day it is, I assumed the Fool to be the first card in Tarot, surprised nobody mentioned the "coincidence" or is it intentional. Fits the character, as the Fool isn't as one thinks stupid, just personifies one who hasn't yet learned the meaning of danger or what to fear yet. KInda like a toddler taking off exploring his/her "world", curious, naive, often encountering serendipity of hero along a fresh new journey. New beginnings. Don't want to turn off those who don't understand the stories in Tarot, so find your own meaning of fool.

That said, then seeing it is from the wonderful studio that gave us Crusoes I am in glee! It's been too long waiting for any game as fun, light hearted, funny and wish it were the next trend. Great quality and HUMOR. Only Mishaps 1,2, Vampireville and Reincarnation Awakening come to mind as just pure fun games.

It will be long enough for me as was RC Cursed Pirates as I tend to get off track and wander around a lot but don't mind in a game like this with the color and little interactions and good reading (click many times to get more lines said). 40 min into it I was stuck, to and froing hoping to find more HOG scenes but more and more puzzles. Skipped a few for time sake but will start over after full game d/l. They didn't seem to be too difficult for me anyway and shouldn't be stumpers.

I left to see the WT and like most adventures my tour is all mixed up from where the WT leads you, already done most of what I read going in different doors, but somehow missed what I could do with a ladder, so went back to finish the hour. Seems to be a lot more mini puzzles than HOGs but that's ok if not hair pullers that hold me up too long I forget where I was going or been.

Nocturnal here too, not just age, always was, my "day" starts at midnight PST to see what new games and quiet enough to play a demo or resume a game sans interruptions. Muted TV to hear sounds, but heard the surf pound and roar a block away and seals barking like crazy. Can't hear ocean days with traffic or low tides, no storms tonight so just nice natural sounds to relax and enjoy this long awaited game. Happy fishie here

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 1, 11 5:26 AM
I had one credit saved for this game, because I hoped it would be coming out today, and it's too early to get my March credits yet.

There have been several reviews so far that gave details on options and gameplay, so I'll skip that part. I do have a question, though. I turned down my music volume as usual, but the voice volume also got very low even though the other sounds sliders were near max. Did anyone else encounter this? Or is the voice volume naturaly low?

Anyway, it's certainly not enough to stop me from purchasing this interesting game. And an SE, too!!!

Of course, what I really want to purchase is one of those Midieval Microwaves! I can see the infomercials now!

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Apr 1, 11 5:26 AM
Hi, Cynnana,

Did you try the easy mode which is untimed. It is a fun game. Hope you can try it.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 1, 11 5:29 AM
For anyone's information (I think the question was how to do spoilers in same post?) just type your post, then highlight the part that may be giving away something more than a tip by swiping the line with left button down. Then pull down menu for Text color above the compose box, select white, then release. The white on white is invisible unless someone wants to highlight it to read in black.

Easy enough?

Otherwise, start a new thread marking it a spoiler in topic, or the item you are giving a solution for. I read them all because by the time I get to the game I've forgotten what is said anyway, but some of us aren't so memory impaired as I

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 1, 11 5:34 AM
digger226 wrote:help....... i have started to cut off the dragons tooth but it just cuts and the tooth wont come off. anyone else had this problem. please help its frustrating

Digger, welcome to the pond! When you ask a question on gameplay, it's best to start a separate thread by clicking on "Create Discussion" (after you have checked the other threads to see if it's already been posted.)

I can't help with the answer because I'm just starting myself, but there is now a walkthrough posted. Click the NEWS tab at the top of the page.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 1, 11 6:05 AM
digger226 wrote:help....... i have started to cut off the dragons tooth but it just cuts and the tooth wont come off. anyone else had this problem. please help its frustrating

Highlight below

You need to hold down the left mouse button while pushing your mouse back and forth.

Sorry for the delay, hope this helps

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 1, 11 6:09 AM
Cynnana wrote:Didn't care for the timed game. Would have liked to play for the full 60 min. as is with most of your games. Because of that I have deleted the game and will not purchase it. I've done the same thing with other games that cut into the full 60 min. trial. Would really like to see that process stopped. Was enjoying the game. Graphics were great. It was a little too easy though, so I probably wouldn't purchase it anyway.

Where is the timer? I am playing on hard mode, is it on the easy mode?

tabsy
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by tabsy on Apr 1, 11 6:17 AM
I also beta tested this and really enjoyed it. I'm reasonably experienced at HOGS/IHOGS but still found the game a challenge. Looking forward to playing the full version.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Apr 1, 11 6:26 AM
this game

you have eyes of my beloved hamster..i love hamster eyes ..LOL

i'm stuck at the checkers mini game...but i only tried twice so far
thought i'd read some commments before buying
ty

off to buy and play.... happy fool's day fishies

[Post New]by baglady159 on Apr 1, 11 6:58 AM
Despite all the wonderful reviews for yesterday's game, I really couldn't get into it. With only one thing to do in most of the beautiful scenes then the scene closed, I found myself actually getting bored. Today's game seems much more up my alley and looking forward to trying it out. Oh, goodie it just finished dl'ing so off to try it out. I have 2 credits to use and this may be a good place to spend one of them.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Apr 1, 11 7:07 AM
This is a lovely game and it has the options for help in the form of sparkles which I like or you have the option of turning them off to make the game harder for those of you who prefer it that way. The graphics are very sharp and well drawn. The mini games made me think and the story is cute. This is a definite buy for me. It reminds me of the SE's that Big Fish used to provide pretty regularly. Thanks BF for offering us this very nice and fun game.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Apr 1, 11 7:08 AM
saphhire wrote:HORRIBLE HORRIBLE GAME BOO FISH april fools GREAT GAME for a SE game I'ts a buy for me....................................keep up the good work.............I have 4 credits coming now I'll have 3 now thats an april fools joke on me. I also beta tested this game and love it now I can play play play brings out the kid in me happy playing little fishies

You had me going there for a few seconds. I thought Huh? Horrible?? NOT LMAO Thanks for the chuckle.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 1, 11 7:12 AM
peglegann wrote:
Cynnana wrote:Didn't care for the timed game. Would have liked to play for the full 60 min. as is with most of your games. Because of that I have deleted the game and will not purchase it. I've done the same thing with other games that cut into the full 60 min. trial. Would really like to see that process stopped. Was enjoying the game. Graphics were great. It was a little too easy though, so I probably wouldn't purchase it anyway.

Hi Ann

I think the poster's quote was aimed more at the 'Sample' rather than a timed option in the game. You know, instead of the 1 hour demo.

Kel

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 1, 11 7:28 AM
Kelvarda wrote:
peglegann wrote:

Hi Ann
I think the poster's quote was aimed more at the 'Sample' rather than a timed option in the game. You know, instead of the 1 hour demo.
Kel

DUH! Looks like I April fooled myself there Thank you Kelv

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Apr 1, 11 7:32 AM
puzzledone wrote:For anyone's information (I think the question was how to do spoilers in same post?) just type your post, then highlight the part that may be giving away something more than a tip by swiping the line with left button down. Then pull down menu for Text color above the compose box, select white, then release. The white on white is invisible unless someone wants to highlight it to read in black.

I also thank you for this info! I usually don't give spoilers away in my posts, but I'm afraid I have a couple times while ranting about games.

Go to: