seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Apr 2, 11 5:59 AM
Just downloading now,think this will be my game credit this month.Loved the other 2 and FROGS are my favourite HOGS(you know what I mean lol)This is more like it BF,I for one was starting to lose faith, all those CE's,think this will redeem you a bit in my eyes.Know you can't please all of us all of the time but I'm not the only one who can't afford loads of games a month or the price of a CE.Happy today !! Even happier tomorrow(game credit day !!)

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 2, 11 6:02 AM
Beside the fact that some of the fragments are hard to find, is anyone having moments like me?
Oh, that is what you do! There you are you tiny little object. Duh, Ann, of course that makes sense!. LOL!
I you find a maid baglady159, see if the lender has some butlers handy for the rest of us!
This is exceptional some really great games this last week for us H0G lovers.
Again, have fun all and I hope your Saturday goes/has gone well.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Apr 2, 11 6:02 AM
After your comments on other games about Treasures of Mystery Island, discovered I had "Gates of Fate" which I never finish due to getting a black screen. Forgot all about that. Will scream for help at green enveloppe...
Didn't quite fancy the one I've mentionned but today's game is a buy.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 2, 11 6:07 AM
Poutoule wrote:"finished" !!!!!!!

Have you finished the game? Wow! If you have well done, if not elaborate please.
Thank you

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Apr 2, 11 6:10 AM
It's a definite buy for me. I have the first 2 games in the series and have played 30 minutes of the demo on this one. I love the clear colorful graphics. I also love looking for fractional objects. The items are very small but not as hard to find as I expected after reading the previous reviews. The map shows where something needs to be done which is helpful to me. All in all, three days in a row with good games. Thanks Big Fish.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Apr 2, 11 6:11 AM
When my time ran out I only had one suitcase left to move to be able to get to the oar. Ran out and bought it with a credit that was burning a hole in my pocket but when I went back in all the boxes were back at the beginning... Oh well, won't give up on it. I was able to use 2 credits in the last 2 days. Thanks BF for giving us some good SE's to be able to do this. Thought I would get to the end of the month lose them.

sandy01
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sandy01 on Apr 2, 11 6:12 AM
I don't know if this is a technical issue, but I found the seahorse on the roof of the hut and when I went to put it in with the fish, it wasn't in my inventory? Did anybody else have this problem?

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Apr 2, 11 6:19 AM
Totally awsome game. Woo-hoo 3 days in a row. Don't know how to act, all good games. Thanks BF.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 2, 11 6:42 AM
i bought from the devs so am finished allready just wanted to let you all now....its also pretty long, a bit over 5 hours,,,,,,,

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Apr 2, 11 6:54 AM
This is the best game we have had for ages yipeeee. Definite buy for me.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Apr 2, 11 7:02 AM
I have to agree that the objects are a bit tiny and I have to use the hint button quite a few times. But I will probably use one of my game credits. The game story is interesting..

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 2, 11 7:03 AM
peglegann wrote:Beside the fact that some of the fragments are hard to find, is anyone having moments like me?
Oh, that is what you do! There you are you tiny little object. Duh, Ann, of course that makes sense!. LOL!
I you find a maid baglady159, see if the lender has some butlers handy for the rest of us!
This is exceptional some really great games this last week for us H0G lovers.
Again, have fun all and I hope your Saturday goes/has gone well.

I thought I was the only one have "Duh" moments. It must be contagious.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 2, 11 7:11 AM
I loved yesterdays game and when I saw this one I thought Oh no can't be two good games in a row, but alas, to my surprise this is an excellent game. Am loving it. Good clear graphics. Yes, some of the objects are small, but at least they aren't blurry and in dark corners. I am not having to use the hint button much. Thanks . You have made my Saturday.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Apr 2, 11 7:21 AM
cherbtoo wrote:As you may have guessed by the above posts this game is a FROG Ghost Story and it comes with the following options:

Music/Sound/Ambient/Screen Resolution/Fullscreen/Widescreen and Windows Cursor.

There are two modes of play Casual (where the hints take 1 minute) or Expert (where the hints take 2 minutes).

The first thing that struck me was when the plane lands and her friend is not there to meet her she sets off with just a torch in her hand to find her own way ...
yes no luggage whatsoever and no bulging pockets ...
wonder where her clean knickers are .

The graphics are excellent but the pieces of objects are very tiny indeed although I haven't had to use a hint to find any ... so far. It should also be noted that the last piece of your object might not be found in the location you are in so I think you will need several pairs of sneakers for this game as the map, while being very helpful, is not interactive.

Sorry I was too busy looking for the "Beyond" (morphing) objects to take notice of the music and sound effects but they must have been acceptable because my speakers are still on .

Anyway this is a definite buy for me .

Cherb

Thanks Cherb, always look forward to your reviews. You seem to like and dislike a lot of the same things I do. I didn't buy the first Treasures of Mystery Island and wonder why... but I'll try the demo on your recommendation.

Edited on 04/02/2011 at 7:25:57 AM PST

nascatpat
Clownfish
Clownfish
749 Posts

[Post New]by nascatpat on Apr 2, 11 7:49 AM
For me, this is the type of game that just won't let go! I was captivated from the start. If it were a book, I'd call it a real page turner! Lots of those "aha, so THAT'S why I need the rake" moments. @cherb, lol, when we were heading to the hotel, I also thought...just a flashlight? No luggage?

I join in the chorus of thanks to BFG for some great games!! Good start to a new punch card!

(Sure could use an extra day this weekend! )

[Post New]by carolisgwtw on Apr 2, 11 8:00 AM
Awesome game!!!! Have only played the demo but am buying the game and can not wait to play it all the way through. Great Job!!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 2, 11 8:31 AM
Hi folks,

Just jumping in to sticky this thread! Thanks for starting it up.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Apr 2, 11 8:31 AM
It is a good game but most of the fragment piece a hard to find due they are being small and/or blended with the scene. One puzzle (luggage) the animation was kind of slow.

I'll be passing this one.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Apr 2, 11 8:33 AM
Just finished the demo. I don't tend to like fragmented object games and I'd like this better if it weren't, but it is doable. The graphics are very nice. The objects to find are very small but I've found most of them, and use a hint if I have to. Somewhat tiring on the eyes but I found making sure the room is a little darker helps a lot (so the screen isn't as washed out).

What I like the most about this is it's challenging. You don't find something and use it right away,you have to snoop around, find new areas, etc before you can use things. I enjoy having to think when I play (sometimes, lol).

I liked that oar puzzle, a nice twist on the slider idea.

Might have to get this one.

Oh and you realize of course why BF is offering good games right now...it's the beginning of the month. They snag people in with buys at the start of the month so people will have punch card(s) to fill up. Watch...pretty soon we'll have a few weeks of duds..and CEs. BF is getting predictable, ha.

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Apr 2, 11 8:53 AM
Treasures of Mystery Island Yay!!!! I am a huge FROG fan--one of the few that prefers them to HOGS!

FROGS are, sadly, few and far between, and I, for one, am thrilled there is a third in this series.

Thanks to BFG and the developers. I promise always to buy these games!!

Go to: