ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Deadly Secrets

[Post New]by ADTech on Apr 5, 11 7:01 AM
After reading all the negative comments I think I will pass on this one, I did play a little of the game but was not inpressed. I found it boring, simple and it semed to have a cheap look to it. On a diffrent subject I have nothing but respect for women. I have been married for 41 years and I think of my wife as my best friend. I do think that you complain a little too much some times but that is not a serious problem. Most men feel the same way so cheer up and have fun. These comments are in response to an earlier complaint about men.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 5, 11 7:06 AM
I thought the game was fair, but there was no sound, I will pass on this one, I do like games with sound,,I am wondering why the DEV's did not take there time on this game??? The game did looking pretty interesting..

blessed34
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by blessed34 on Apr 5, 11 7:08 AM
My excitement went to disappointment when I saw that this is a HOG!! I loved the original large file adventure games.

allielubaka
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by allielubaka on Apr 5, 11 7:28 AM
Yep - I mean NO BUY for me either. The story screen is shifted to the left so I could not reach an item in the HOG using the Hint button. Items are too hard for me to find. I'm not that old! But, I'm wearing two pair of glasses just to try and see some of the HOGs!
Game does look interesting, at least the story line, but, it seems the characters are 'cold' - no 'animation' or life-likeness happening. The last Art of Murder I ordered was more effective and seem to have some humor in it. I don't know - maybe I'll try it when it's up for $2.99!

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Apr 5, 11 7:36 AM

I saw Art of Murder and thought, yes, yes, I have credits........then I saw the reviews, sigh........

Thanks Fishies for the reviews! Love adventure, don't like straight HOG, and hate timed.

[Post New]by bettyboopy1 on Apr 5, 11 7:57 AM
are you kidding me?? this is actually a game??? i can barely read anything the print is so tiny , the movie is too long and boring , then you get stuck about 5 minutes into it with those darn bullet things whats up with that , there are no clues or skips to skip the dumb thing if you are stuck , is this what you people pay people to come up with ?? i want to come and work for you, i hate to tell you that they are stealing money from you
another game i wont buy for sure
tired of these stupid games , im paying you each month to not like these games???

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 5, 11 8:16 AM
Well, I don't know what to think.

I can understand City-Interactive doing the iHOG thing. LFA's cost lots of money to produce and with the Art of Murder being an older series, they probably felt the pressure to freshen it up.

Art of Murder: Secret Files, which was the first AOM in the iHOG genre, wasn't received well. I didn't play that one and to tell you the truth, I was hoping the reviews would convince them to revert back to the full adventure format for the next. But alas, that wasn't the case.

So, we have Art of Murder: Deadly Secrets. I think the game has some good things - the cutscenes, the graphics, the plot, the background music. I like that the puzzles can't be skipped. I don't mind not having the voiceovers because after awhile, the voices get on my nerves anyway.

However, in the Hidden Object scenes, some of the items are very, very small, some are disproportionate to the scene, some are inappropriate to the scene/surrounding/story, and the overall hidden object scenes are less sharp and/or crisp.

The puzzles aren't very clever or original and they are not difficult. There is at least one Find the Difference scene. It is timed and it is a difficult variation in as much as one side is in color and the other side is rather granular and sepia toned.

All iin all, not a bad game, although I know a disappointment to many of us who are AOM lovers; however, it does look like it will come in on the short side because in the hour trial I made it through Chapter 2.

eta corrected chapter number - typed chapter for different game.

Edited on 05/18/2011 at 7:09:17 PM PST

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Apr 5, 11 9:39 AM
I have tried the demo just to get the feel of the game. I found it a bit boring for the most parts.Did anyone notice how slow the cursor was moving or is it just me? I think the previous games of Art of Murder were pretty good but this one didn't quite match up with the others.

I will be passing this one.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Apr 5, 11 9:48 AM
I think my problem was the lag in the game play...also conversations were too long...

No buy for me

[Post New]by cushtigger on Apr 5, 11 9:48 AM
This is so boring compared to other Art of Murder games it is really only HOG with few other mini games thrown in. Loved the other large file games as were really interesting and often required lots of lateral thinking to progress in the game, this is just tiresome and after looking at the provided walkthrough it would be incredibly short to play, something which seems to be sneaking in to many big fish games at the moment. I have quite often felt cheated at just how short some of the recent games have been almost like they were unfinished. I often spend quite a bit on games from big fish but now check carefully how much value I am getting.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Apr 5, 11 10:45 AM
I never played an Art of Murder game until this one (unless I forgot I tried one). Well, I didnt like this one. It was just boring. The hidden object scenes weren't too hard. That's a plus, but that was the only plus. No buy for me.

bwillia
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by bwillia on Apr 5, 11 12:26 PM
This game is a no go for me 2, nice graphics but the ****'s are just so small in some cases that you cannot see them properly. Also, no ability to scip dialog and 2 much of it. Should go on to the daily special list.

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Apr 5, 11 12:51 PM
What a shame and shame on you City Interactive. I have played the other "Art of Murder" games and they were pure adventure games. This series was one of the best I have played at Big Fish. This was a cheap rip off of the title and a no buy (didn't even finish the demo) for me. And the real shame is it was not even a good hidden object game.

paribanou
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by paribanou on Apr 5, 11 1:09 PM
Not my cup of tea. Maybe if I had a wide screen like 24 inch it would be fun. Slow response to cursor, and delays in moving the screen around annoyed me a lot. Quit when the "find the diff" came and had a problem scrolling back and forth ,up and down, If game developers want to write a book, go for it, but don't spend half the game making us read a lot of baloney. Blah on this one

Edited on 04/05/2011 at 1:11:36 PM PST

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Apr 5, 11 1:13 PM
I own and played the other Art Of Murder games and really liked them This is new and very different from the others. I do like ****'s but there are a lot of things that could be fixed. No timer, the hint doesn't work and no skips. I might buy this to fill a punch card but not at this time. The people that made this in my opinion tried to make it too challenging. Not at all like Nancy Drew Dossiers. Those were fun to play.

Sorry but not my game.

bbelle

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 5, 11 3:36 PM
I'm not a LFA game player, so that didn't enter into it for me.
But, come on, a TIMED Find the Difference? Then one side
in color(not that it's good color) and one in sepia? That was
the final straw. Quit, uninstall.

Up until then, found the graphics to be very poor, all brownish
looking. Dialogue was flat, not interesting; asking a lot
of questions and having character respond with "I don't know".
Maybe story could have been good, but click, click, click, click
click thru nothing much said. NO.

I've demoed games much worse than this one, but this had
such potential. Sad.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Apr 5, 11 4:21 PM
Well, as usual, I'm in the minority.

Even tho it is not like previous Art of Murder games, decided to try it.
And I like it.
Like the challenges of timers, and don't mind to much that it's
a HOG.
I do not agree that it looks cheaply made.
So, I will buy, probably will be the only one.

HOaddict
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by HOaddict on Apr 5, 11 4:52 PM
Played for about 15 minutes and this is definitely a no buy for me. Story line appeared, initially, to be interesting but dialogue with different characters was boring, tedious and endless. The motionless characters during active dialogue was the last "turn off" for me. Graphics were indistinct in the hidden object scenes. The timed "find the difference" was ineptly overshadowed and served no purpose other than to confuse the gameplayer. I would rate this game as 2/5.

[Post New]by chomoc on Apr 5, 11 5:30 PM
Talk about cranking you up and letting you down! Here I was all set for another ART OF MURDER ADVENTURE and what do I find - yet ANOTHER HOG!!!???!!!
If you liked the first 3 Art of Murder games, don't waste your money on this one - don't even waste your time playing the demo. What were really good adventure games have been re-formatted to a HOG, and not even a good one.

Oh, how I long for the days of Sierra adventures, Grim Fandango, Gabriel Knight, and the like. Where has adventure gone??? Is there nothing in our future but bleary eyes trying to find hidden objects that half the time don't even resemble what they are named on the list?? (In what developers world does a squiggle on a clock equate to a pair of scissors?? Please!!)

Why am I spending my money? Why not dig out the box in the closet that has all those great adventures from years ago and play them again. I'll even dig out the old computer if I have to in order to play them, because lately I'm just not finding enough of the games (or game genres) that I want to play at BFG.

[Post New]by lindaqqq on Apr 5, 11 5:42 PM
after my 4th time trying to solve the spot the differences that I couldnt see I gave up.
they need to remember their clients are 50 somethings with bad eyesight!

Go to: