Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 7, 11 7:22 AM
This is a really great, creepy and spooky game. It has the same quality as the previous Vogat games. I buy every CE, because they are my favourite developers (better as Ersg in my opinion), so this is a buy too.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Apr 7, 11 7:30 AM
seahorsequeen wrote: IMHO you are right,I'm also a "waiter" just can't justify the extra and mostly can't afford it.Don't know about you but I'm starting to feel a bit of a second-class gamer though,as though I'm not a serious player because I don't buy the Collector Edition's.

Absolutely not seahorsequeen, honest & do not put your self down.

If I buy a CE it is because I am weak. I try not to demo them. ( I still haven't done Shiver & a few others) I had been waiting so long for the Frog prince I gave in.

Also I add it up. 3 credits for a CE, 2 from my last months punch card, 1 credit for the month & I get a free game out of it. Fools logic but it works for me LOL.

As for the cost, well that is personal & has to be justified. I am lucky as my hubby is in paid employment but it is money I should not be spending, but we don't go out, I have bought my self only 2 pairs of leggings 7 a pack of knickers only in a year & have only been to the cinema once in 2 years. ( Being slightly agrophobic has its advantages LOL ).

TBH, Although I am glad I bought this game today, for the benefits i mentioned, i can not see how the SE will be any less enjoyable unless the bonus chapter absolutely blows us out of the water.

Keep your head held high & NEVER feel second rate because you are not.

Jojo

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 7, 11 8:10 AM
The graphics are good (Vogat always does an exceptionall job). However, as CasualGran said, even in hard mode there are sparkles and way too much handholding. Puzzles are neither original or difficult. I thought the HOG scenes had too much stuff in them.

Taking a pass--maybe as an SE.

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 8:14:08 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 7, 11 8:13 AM
Downloading the demo now and was reading the reviews. Nice to see you back, Casualgran. Thought we had lost you too. Now if Goofyduck would come back.... Off to play the demo. Lots of sunshine today, have a great day!

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Apr 7, 11 8:37 AM
Sotlat wrote:
If you have a problem with creepy crawlies, avoid this game. So far there have been worms, at least one snake & lots of spiders (five in just one scene, including one that would make Aragog proud, and they seem to be a recurring theme).[/quote

Thank you for the warning. I hate that. I couldn't even finish the last Nancy Drew because of the crawlies... I'm deathly afraid of them and actually get anxiety symtoms from them. I'll avoid this game. I dont' know why they can't make good games without flashing lights (don't bother me but they bother many) and crawling bugs!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 7, 11 8:39 AM
Just finished the demo and I really want to buy this game. Excellent graphics as we have come to expect from Vogat, puzzles so far not too hard to fathom out, some hidden objects are small but the hints seem fairly generous in casual mode and plenty of items to find and use in various locations.

But.....whether I can overcome my severe arachnaphobia enough to continue is what has stopped me so far from hitting the 'buy' button. I dealt with the few spiders I encountered reasonably well at first but when faced with something that filled half my screen, I was glad to only have a torch for the search scene! At least I could avoid lighting it up: little did I know that I would have to return to the same scene, this time fully illuminated :-( I managed to get through it only by using my hand to cover the left side of my screen and using hints to finish it quickly.

For those with a severe spider phobia, this might be a game to avoid. Otherwise as usual, Vogat have come up with another winner. Whether I buy it or not depends on how many more giant eight legged creatures I'm likely to encounter!!

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Apr 7, 11 8:49 AM
I liked it and really don't have anything to add to either positive or negative comments regarding the game. The mini games were cool, I skipped a number of them though, so I could get through more of the game. I'll probably wait for the SE simply because I need to keep to a budget. That's the only reason I'm not buying the CE. Have a great day, Y'all!

chessiegirl
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by chessiegirl on Apr 7, 11 9:06 AM
CasualGrann ,happy to see you're back and as always a great review..
Downloading now

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Apr 7, 11 9:22 AM
This was the first IHOG in months what kept me interested up until the end of the demo. It will be a buy when it comes out as SE.

EmmaLynne
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by EmmaLynne on Apr 7, 11 9:37 AM
Looks like I'm in a minority here, I really thought this game would be right up my alley, but sad to say it didn't win me over during the demo hour. I thought the custom cursor was clunky, but I also didn't like using the regular cursor, as it didn't indicate which directions you could move of the screen, or where to interact with certain things. The quality of the graphics seemed to be all over the place.. some places sharp, almost photo quality, other times clearly hand drawn and sort of fuzzy. The story is pretty cliche, but I suppose there could be twists in there eventually, but I kind of doubt it.

On the upside, the length seems decent, I had just been given the task of helping the first wife when my time ran out. I may look into this when it comes out as a Standard Edition, but we'll see. Right now, I'm just not interested.

But to everyone who is, have fun gaming!

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Apr 7, 11 9:40 AM
I skipped a minigame ( i find them tedious) and did not pick up the feather duster. Now I am prevented fromdoing anyhting at all. Feh. all in all, I don't think I'm the audience this game looks for.

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Apr 7, 11 9:50 AM
Hi fishes.I thought it was going to be a great game, I like voice over games better, but that was o,k until i got the first hidden object game and it was like looking at our city dump.That did it for me.no buy.

Happy gaming.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 7, 11 9:52 AM
Gothic Mystery = Spiders and Webs, Bats,Rats, and a double dose of Creepy.
Good Graphics and Sound. It's a buy for me

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Apr 7, 11 9:57 AM
This is an amazing game. The graphics are beautiful and clear. There are so many interactive things to keep track of and yayyyyyy a task list. Thanks again VOGAT!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 7, 11 10:26 AM
Well I made it past the big spider so it looks like my sessions with the psychologist all those years ago were not wasted .

Fins crossed that, after seeing the size of this one, all other spiders in the scenes shouldn't affect you at all.

Tips for those who really want to play the game but are bothered about the size of this one particular spider:

Hold something over it such as a book and, when looking round it for the couple of the objects that are hidden there, just reveal a bit of it at a time as seeing a couple of legs or a leg and a bit of body is nowhere near as traumatic as seeing all of it in one go.

Practice deep breathing while playing ... in through your nose ... hold for a few seconds ... out through your mouth ... and it should help calm you.

I must admit that I found some of the objects rather small and I spent an awful lot of time looking for the rooster ... even DH couldn't find it ...and that meant I had to use a hint which I don't like doing but when it showed me it was the couple of very tiny orangey blobs I couldn't believe they were supposed to be an animal .

Good reviews have already been posted so I will just add that I have purchased it and am hoping that it lives up to its promise of being CE worthy.

Cherb

ETA ... nice to see you posting again CasualGran .

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 10:27:29 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Apr 7, 11 11:05 AM
thank you to all the fishies who mentioned there were snakes in this game I knew about the spiders (they don't bother me).
So I guess this is one game I won't be eagerly waiting for the SE. With snakes and sparkles not even going to try this one.

[Post New]by carolisgwtw on Apr 7, 11 11:13 AM
Love it!!!!!!!!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 7, 11 11:21 AM
I've just finished the demo and I think I will buy. Wish there weren't quite so many insects and vermin, but was impressed with the mini-games (which I could actually figure out - as apposed to The Fool). I too thought at first this whole genre/theme is getting a bit tired for me, but am not so sure now. Thinking on it. Happy gaming!!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 7, 11 11:48 AM
i liked it a lot and it is a decent length, just wanted to say i know there are those who have a problem with natural selection, ie predator and prey, to me its a natural thing, but some might not like some aspects of this game, the minis were varied and a bit different then the norm, some hog items on the small side, but all in all enjoyable

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 7, 11 11:55 AM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:For a collector's edition, this is waaay too easy for me, so I won't be buying it for that reason alone.

Wait, there were spiders, so for that reason, too (*shudder*).

Wait, they reused the "missing relative" plot device yet again, so for that reason, too (*snore*).

Wait, the main character looks like she hasn't eaten for a few decades, so for that reason, too (*hurp*).

Guess I won't be getting this one. The rest of y'all, enjoy!

LOLOLOL! Funny Dark...

You know, I spotted two programmers: the good one, and the menace one. The good one makes nice and aesthetic screens, visible objects, and no spiders or snakes; the menace one does all you didn't like about the game...off with his head!!!

Go to: