burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Secret Files

[Post New]by burningswan on Apr 13, 11 9:15 AM
Review of complete demo:

I would really like to know if the game gets better. I was a fan of this series and also love HOGS and thought this would be a gamers dream for me. However, teeny tiny objects (and those of you who may have read my reviews before know this is never an issue for me) and a timer on some puzzles dragged me into frustration. The test tube scene was very trying for me. Finding a bullet and cigarette **** was a joke.

On the other hand, the graphics are crisp and clear and some minis are fun..

Wish I had more play to judge the game. It would be a shame to miss a good game that had a bad start.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Apr 13, 11 10:14 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I have played the first Art of Murder games - very well done Largefile games. But the developers have changed this into an only bad hog. No buy for me

Same here. . .
Quite disappointed that City Interactive went this route when instead they could have put the resources toward developing a 4th game for the (real) Art of Murder adventure (not H-O) series.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Apr 13, 11 11:05 AM
I have bought this game. Why is it telling me to purchase it again? And I detest wide screen.

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 11:07:35 AM PST

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Apr 13, 11 11:47 AM
I love the Art of Murder LFG games and would probably have liked this one. BUT they had to put timed thingies in and ruined them. The last two are HOGS
which I usually like but most do not have timed or give you a choice. Come on City, take out the timed parts or go back to the large file games. I have all three of the first games but won't buy either of these.

bbelle

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 11:49:14 AM PST

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Apr 13, 11 11:47 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:Well, I played for 5 minutes and delete the game. A lot of blablabla. Not for me, no buy.

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

dobbiemijnboekje wrote:Well, I played for 5 minutes and delete the game. A lot of blablabla. Not for me, no buy.

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Apr 13, 11 11:56 AM
I GOT HUNG up on the picture. Had to use esc to exit. A BIG NO BUY FOR ME.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 13, 11 1:05 PM
Boomer47 wrote:Chronicles of Mystery and Art of Murder go HOG. A sad end to two good Adventure series.

what's this about 'chronicles' going HOG?? haven't seen that one... thought there were only the two games out: scorpio ritual and tree of life...

intrigued, but wary... anyone else know about this??

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Apr 13, 11 1:19 PM
ember89 wrote:
Boomer47 wrote:Chronicles of Mystery and Art of Murder go HOG. A sad end to two good Adventure series.

what's this about 'chronicles' going HOG?? haven't seen that one... thought there were only the two games out: scorpio ritual and tree of life...

intrigued, but wary... anyone else know about this??

Nope and I sure am disappointed! Art of Murder FBI Confidential was a GREAT game and more like what I was looking for lately in a game! (ie Nancy Drew, Syberia) I looked after reading these reviews and love love love the game NO HOGs at all in it! I really hope Dev's aren't caving in !to the HOG lovers and are going to be ignoring us LFG-ers! Am downloading will edit later but if it is a HOG and not a LFG Adventure I am going to be sorely disappointed!

EDIT:
OK 37 minutes of play 3 got HOG's I am PIZZED at those Dev's for ruining such a great game! I will say this in their defense though FBI Confidential had ALOT of reading to do also and not much voice over so there really isn't much change in that part of the game but the HOG's YUCK really ruined the game! JMO

Lean

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 2:07:21 PM PST

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Apr 13, 11 1:29 PM
Firstly, I am running on Win7 and an extra large screen...so for me the graphics were clear and frankly amazing...

While do think that there are fishies out there that will enjoy the game, it wasn't my cup of tea The games were hard which was AWESOME...you have to use your noodle! But the slow mouse and heavy dialogue was boring.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Apr 13, 11 1:49 PM
I love and have played all the Art Of Murder games. I bought this was on disc..big expense for such a boring game. I would not play it again nor would I have bought it if BF had it and I played the demo back then. Not For ME

Liantara
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Liantara on Apr 13, 11 1:59 PM
Big thumbs down!! I loved the AOM games and seeing them beeing trashed up as Hidden Object BS is just painful.

No Buy and the end of a great series. Did I say there are enough silly HOGs?

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 13, 11 2:04 PM
Large file or Hog? Make up my mind. I can't access the left side of the screen, so pretty much unplayable anyway.

[Post New]by msmith1225 on Apr 13, 11 2:55 PM
VERY angry that they turned this awesome game into a HOG. Why? Obviously they had a huge following before they changed formats. If it they don't change it back I will never play it again. So bummed!

[Post New]by 1corvette on Apr 13, 11 4:41 PM
IM SO GLAD I TRIED THE DEMO FIRST TO DARK TO MUCH TALKING, ITEMS SO SMALL U CANT FIND THEM. DONT WASTE UR MONEY OR GAME CREDIT

LHollyRock
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by LHollyRock on Apr 13, 11 4:48 PM
I was so excited last night to see a new AOM large file game, downloaded it and went to bed looking forward to playing it today...only to find it's YET ANOTHER HOG!! Disappointed to say the least.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 13, 11 4:56 PM
Awful game. A total waste of time!

lemonhart
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by lemonhart on Apr 13, 11 5:03 PM

I have to completely agree

Brennagrl
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Brennagrl on Apr 13, 11 5:28 PM
I spent all of seven minutes on this one....I was stuck on the picture.....I could not get the beards to appear to make a selection, so I tried the hats, the beards came up.....then the witness said the mustache was wrong. so I tried to get the mustaches to appear, instead I got glasses......This is not my cup of tea.....or my mug of beer......so this one is now being sent to the trash can.......happy gaming my fellow gamers.....Brenna

Go to: