prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dracula Origin forum

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 30, 08 6:59 AM
babyowl wrote:Hi All....I keep seeing all these problems with downloading and am wondering if the game is worth all the problems? Could someone let me know what they think?

Thanks

Awesome game- and many had no DL problems- I'm on vista and had zero issues

[Post New]by shirleym2 on Dec 30, 08 4:14 PM
I am having trouble saving this game. I have tried now three times to save and cannot load so have had to start the game from the beginning each time. Has anyone else had this problem, or has any idea what I am doing wrong?

Can't open safe in Dracula Origin

[Post New]by andnowwithfeelin on Dec 31, 08 8:15 AM
Sorceress77 wrote:Hey all,

I know this is going to be a probably stupid questions but for the life of me i have not been able to open the safe in the lounge. I have the correct "codes" to turn the dials to (SE, E, N, SE, N SE, N, E, N, S, SE, E) but after i turn the dials to their correct positions it doesnt do anything. Do i have to click anything on the picture or something? I have tried rearranging the order of the codes etc but nothing seems to work. Is it a glitch or something?
I have been stuck on this for a while now and i cant seem to progress without doing this first so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks and a wonderful merry xmas to you all!!!

Was stuck in same place went to website found info.... you have to add the clues to your report by left click the papers when they are over the letters . If the game does not have the clues recorded the answers will not be accepted. go back to both rooms with the paper and click so they go into report. Picky game.

Stuck! Entering Manor through tunnel

[Post New]by dcbuddy20009 on Dec 31, 08 8:34 AM
I'm trying to be cryptic so won't spoil for others who haven't gotten to this point. How do I proceed when it's "Best to avoid making noise" after passing through the tunnel? I can only find one object and two options in this room (the door and the man on the floor), and I get that response on both. I've retraced my steps several times and can't find anything i might have missed.

BTW, I had a few frustrations dowloading and installing, it stalled once or twice and needed to stand by at end of download and during installation for the dll files to install (Vista), but the game has worked fine once I got started and figured out how to access all the menus.

Thanx to all the Big Fish who help out us little fish when we get tangled in the weeds.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 31, 08 1:38 PM
dcbuddy20009 wrote:I'm trying to be cryptic so won't spoil for others who haven't gotten to this point. How do I proceed when it's "Best to avoid making noise" after passing through the tunnel? I can only find one object and two options in this room (the door and the man on the floor), and I get that response on both. I've retraced my steps several times and can't find anything i might have missed.

BTW, I had a few frustrations dowloading and installing, it stalled once or twice and needed to stand by at end of download and during installation for the dll files to install (Vista), but the game has worked fine once I got started and figured out how to access all the menus.

Thanx to all the Big Fish who help out us little fish when we get tangled in the weeds.

Hi Dcbuddy- welcome to the forums!

You will need to capture flies with the veil and put them in a jar to give to the butler.

Shauntie1
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by Shauntie1 on Dec 31, 08 2:08 PM
Hi,
I also had a hard time downloading Dracula Origin. I am running Shield Deluxe 08 but I added Bigfish to the exclusion list. I also added it to my windows firewall which I got to by going into my control panel labelled security. Had to exclude:
bfgclient.exe
bfgprocess.exe
bfggamesservices.exe

The download worked for a while but then I just had to shut off my anti-virus while it was downloading. The download got to a certain point say, 6Kb or 6000kb and then it started all over again.

Glad to say the download was finally successful and I am now playing.

[Post New]by dotcommom on Dec 31, 08 2:52 PM
At first I didn't think I had any download problems. Then as I started to fumble through the 1st room, I don't know what any of the symbols stand for, what I'm supposed to click, not click, get out, get in, etc. Did I miss some instructions somewhere? This has me too frustrated already. I don't know about this.......can anybody clue me in?

Edited on 12/31/2008 at 2:53:42 PM PST

[Post New]by dcbuddy20009 on Dec 31, 08 6:42 PM
prpldva wrote:
dcbuddy20009 wrote:I'm trying to be cryptic so won't spoil for others who haven't gotten to this point. How do I proceed when it's "Best to avoid making noise" after passing through the tunnel? I can only find one object and two options in this room (the door and the man on the floor), and I get that response on both. I've retraced my steps several times and can't find anything i might have missed.

You will need to capture flies with the veil and put them in a jar to give to the butler.
Thank you! I saw the connection, but didn't know how to use the items I had to collect them. (trying the jar without the veil hadn't worked)

I'm a major fan of these adventure games, the Nancy Drew games in particular. I try to get through them without help, but sometimes I have to check the forums when I hit a wall. Usually someone else has already asked the same question I'm trying to answer. Big Thanx!!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 31, 08 7:01 PM
dcbuddy20009 wrote:
prpldva wrote:

Thank you! I saw the connection, but didn't know how to use the items I had to collect them. (trying the jar without the veil hadn't worked)

I'm a major fan of these adventure games, the Nancy Drew games in particular. I try to get through them without help, but sometimes I have to check the forums when I hit a wall. Usually someone else has already asked the same question I'm trying to answer. Big Thanx!!

You're very welcome! Enjoy the game, it's a good one!

gil3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Cemetry

[Post New]by gil3 on Jan 1, 09 2:17 PM
Can anyone pls tell me what the answer is to the puzzle with the righteous people do the heads have to be dark and which people do you click on Tks I would appreciate any help.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 1, 09 2:22 PM
HI Gil3- welcome to the forums!

You need to click on the evil people- the glutton, the harlot, the lazy woman on the litter, the woman beating the child and the miser..I think that's all of them.

[Post New]by Laurelpaige on Jan 1, 09 2:33 PM
I downloaded this game last night and I'm not sure if it's playing correctly or not, since I haven't been able to get off the screen with the documents/inventory, etc.. It begins with what appears to be a film strip running and then the castle comes clear. The same thing happens when I get to the inventory screen. I can click my silly fingers off and can't get out of that screen.
I'm running WinXP but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm having some memory issues (my computer is too ).
Can anyone tell me if this is normal behavior and how to get started on the game?

Edited to add: It just seems to stop responding. I think I'm going to ask for my credit back or try it on my laptop and see if it's more successfull.

Edited on 01/01/2009 at 2:40:18 PM PST

[Post New]by Comfy_Cozy on Jan 1, 09 3:13 PM
I am totally stuck on the angels! I found the first puzzle after the monks. I cant figure out which ones to click on in the circle around the angel. Help please! and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

[Post New]by peacheskatkat on Jan 1, 09 4:31 PM
I am stuck in the Great room. I cannot find the white floor painting that has something to do with Gensis and Fiat lux. I am assuming this is the information I need to open the gate with the combination. Thanks

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 1, 09 10:44 PM
Comfy_Cozy wrote:I am totally stuck on the angels! I found the first puzzle after the monks. I cant figure out which ones to click on in the circle around the angel. Help please! and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Starting at the lower left, number them 1-12 clockwise. Make these drink blood- 1,3,5,7,9,11,12

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 1, 09 10:45 PM
peacheskatkat wrote:I am stuck in the Great room. I cannot find the white floor painting that has something to do with Gensis and Fiat lux. I am assuming this is the information I need to open the gate with the combination. Thanks

The fiat lux is just in front of the painting depicting Dracula and several other warriors.

[Post New]by peacheskatkat on Jan 2, 09 1:05 AM
Thanks but apparently I must have that already and still need more info when trying to put in the combination - any ideas?

[Post New]by oneofmine on Jan 2, 09 3:45 AM
Hi-new to the forum. I just started this game and I am in the cemetary. I see several small, somewhat hidden angels. I tried clicking on them. What do I do with these? Thanks.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 2, 09 6:22 AM
peacheskatkat wrote:Thanks but apparently I must have that already and still need more info when trying to put in the combination - any ideas?

Make sure you have clicked on the following:

Both the name and number on each coffin lid
The name plates under each woman's portrait.

Make sure the information is in your notebook, or you cannot progress.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 2, 09 6:24 AM
oneofmine wrote:Hi-new to the forum. I just started this game and I am in the cemetary. I see several small, somewhat hidden angels. I tried clicking on them. What do I do with these? Thanks.

The only angels you deal with in the cemetary are the "fallen angel" statues. You will be able to access the puzzles there after you read the inscription in the caretakers tomb

Go to: