Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Antique Road Trip 2: Homecoming

[Post New]by Faylyn on Apr 19, 11 6:42 AM
I bought this game yesterday and am enjoying it tremendously. A nice change from my usual buys of H0 games. Graphics are crisp, puzzles are fun, a lot of variety in the game with no tech problems. The dog is an added plus and I chose the Rottie. He seems to enjoy his red bandana

Faylyn

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Apr 19, 11 9:08 AM

puzzledone:

Yes, I agree with you that the story writers seem to have been underpaid/lowest priority concerning this game, since the rest of the gameplay is so enjoyable and cute. I must admit I bought it after the trial period, partly because I love earning money for developing shops/gardens/villages etc. (I absolutely LOOOVE Gardenscapes), and partly because the puppy stuff was so cute.

But for how she can travel all over the country and sell off other people's stuff.... well, it beats me.

Since I assume she isn't meant to be a thief and selling stolen goods, I can only think of two scenarioes to what she's actually doing. In both cases the story tellers must have left out one or two essential explanations to the story.

Theory for scenario A: The places she visits may be flee markets owned by people she knows, and they have asked her to help them out selling things to customers. In this scenario she would then be helping the owner with their sales, and the money she collects is the owner's income (which she later receives a part of, as thanks for her help). If the story tellers had included a few comments from her explaining this, the story would work just fine.

Theory for scenario B: She has collected lists with the requests/orders from all these customers BEFORE she starts., and she THEN hits the road to find flea markets where those items can be found. Then, she BUYS those things from the owners at every place, goes back to town and sells them on (legally) to those who asked her to find such items for them. The money she collects would then be her actual income. If the story tellers had included a scene or two to explain that we here see several operations/actions merged into one - (the customers' wishlist was made BEFORE she went to the flea markets, while the SALES to the customers are done after she returns, so the customers are never actually present in the teepee/kitchen etc. with her.) That way the story could work...although a bit more complex than scenario A.

I think I'd personally prefer scenario A - that she's helping out old friends at these flea markets. It's seems like the simplest and nicest alternative.

....although why her parents immediately sent her out on the road when she came to visit her family, having to leave her baby behind, doesn't sound very nice to me....

marsute
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

A great **** Game

[Post New]by marsute on Apr 19, 11 11:42 AM
I really like this game. No adventures where you have to remember where you were...just fun hidden objects and fun puzzles.

tomysgma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by tomysgma on Apr 19, 11 1:37 PM
Nice to have a bright happy game for a change. Probably will use a credit but does anyone know how long the game is?

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Apr 19, 11 3:15 PM
once i was able to resolve the technical issues i really liked this game

katelynn58
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by katelynn58 on Apr 19, 11 5:35 PM
Long time player, new at reviewing.... but this is a nice relaxing HOG to fill the time between CE's. Has just enough variety to keep it moving without getting bored. Took me awhile to figure out how they wanted me to find the lost puppies...thought they might be hiding one in each scene... but then wham... got that award!!! It's a credit buy for me and I don't regret it. If you have smaller kids, they like this one too!

Edited on 04/19/2011 at 5:59:36 PM PST

[Post New]by bettyboopy1 on Apr 19, 11 7:08 PM
DARTGUN !!!! where is it i clicked on everything on the page still doesnt show up and the puppy is no help at all

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Apr 19, 11 8:18 PM
Hi Betty! I answered your query about the dart gun in the other thread. But in case you don't look there - the dart gun is on the bottom right of the screen, very close to the Hint puppy. It's a bit dark, so it's hard to see (I had difficulty finding it myself too), but it's stuck in a white sack, and near a red fruit label. Hope this helps!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 19, 11 10:53 PM
well, i have to agree with some posters - i do think this game is better than the first... the mini games are more evenly broken up and have been freshened up for this round of antique hunting...

what is it, though, that has this woman traveling everywhere?? sure, she wants to do what she can for her parents, but she has her own family now - a husband, a child, and a puppy... all i can say is that i hope her husband is happy being a stay at home dad!

i'll probably pick this one up because, overall, i'm happy with the series' development and well, i'm kinda a collector too... and this puppy is just too darn cute! i picked the golden retriever this round, but can see going through the game again and picking a different breed - now that's original!

happy antiquing!

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Apr 20, 11 12:18 PM
I enjoyed the first game, but not this one. The objects are to small and to well hidden. I became frustrated with this game after 20 minutes and was still on the first scene.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 20, 11 10:43 PM
I enjoyed this one so much better With the first Road Trip, I was so bored, I couldn't finish the demo. Not so with Road Trip 2. There is a nice mix of minigames, although they do tend to be the same four or five varieties, spread throughout the game to make it interesting. I also found the main characters to be more interesting, too. I didn't care so much about decorating the store, but even that task seemed more interesting this time.

The only problem I had was that some of the objects seemed really tiny and/or difficult to find. This could be because I played the first version on my desktop and this version on my notebook. Still, had to use a few more hints than I like to use. The music also is okay for the first 20 minutes, but it quickly became monotonous after that. Not sure about the length, but I only had two sections in Montana to go (with some breaks) when the demo ran out. Overall, not a bad little game if I need to complete a punch card or it is on sale.

lillijeff
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by lillijeff on Apr 21, 11 3:31 PM
A really nice little game, with plenty (aithough very easy) of mini games! Interesting idea to search in scenes within the scenes -and many of them at that!
But it's a real pitty it doesn't teach us anything on ANTIQUES, as the first one did!!!!!
Also, when I saw the USA map, I thought the game would last for sooooo long!! Well, it didn't. And that's a pitty too!!!

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Apr 22, 11 8:00 AM
lillijeff wrote:A really nice little game, with plenty (aithough very easy) of mini games! Interesting idea to search in scenes within the scenes -and many of them at that!
But it's a real pitty it doesn't teach us anything on ANTIQUES, as the first one did!!!!!
Also, when I saw the USA map, I thought the game would last for sooooo long!! Well, it didn't. And that's a pitty too!!!

totally agree..... i don't consider a "road trip" when you only stop at 3 states.. i was sure it would unlock other levels and was disappointed there. also, had alot of money and nothing to buy at the end. it seemed like the devs just fizzled out.... my first comment i was soooo excited and bought halfway thru demo..then i was fairly disappointed ..it is a pity

Badgerrrt
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Badgerrrt on Apr 22, 11 9:48 PM
A solid game! Well-thought out by the devs at BOOMZAP! I found it to be very charming with a lot of things to do. The puzzles and mini-games very fun, original and not too hard. A very nice contrast to all the games with dark themes: I love some of them, too, but this is a refreshing switch! I think this second game is better than the first. The puppy is adorable! And the soundtrack just goes with the game and adds to the down-home, country-feel of the game. Some may find it a little corny-sounding, but I like it. Another home-run! Definite buy for me and 5 out of five stars! Thanks, Boomzap and BFG!!

(edited for spelling)

Edited on 04/22/2011 at 9:50:28 PM PST

[Post New]by tigiris on Apr 23, 11 12:22 AM
I loved the first one & so I didnt hesitate to use my game credit on this one. I like how draws & cupboards open. Interesting mini-games. The only disappointing thing about this game is that there isnt the same amount of choices in shop upgrades, only the one & if you dont like, too bad you're stuck with it. (i liked the original ceiling better) & to get the award you have to buy everything(i dont want the moose head). Still overall a good game.

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Apr 24, 11 3:26 PM
Don't waste your time.

I loved the first one, but in this one, they have done a horrible job.

The background music is the same song played over and over until I wanted to throw my computer out the window. I ended up turning it off. The music was 70% of the fun of the first one!

There are way too many "hidden" objects. It's just not nearly as fun as the first Antique Roadtrip and I sure won't be buying this one.

Edited on 04/24/2011 at 3:26:49 PM PST

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Apr 26, 11 4:57 PM
I adored the first Antique Road Trip, but I found this one a bit lacking. I loved the crisp, clean graphics, and the bright colors. I loved playing a game without a dark, sinister theme. I like the diversity of searching for items by description, and I like the interactive puzzles and matching. However, if I remember correctly, in the first Antique Road Trip there were many decorative options for the store, and there were many more items to purchase - I enjoyed that added layer, and I was disappointed it was not incorporated into this second game. This one felt shorter than the first one.

[Post New]by Ivie58 on May 1, 11 9:47 AM
Loved this game, but, I was dissappointed how short it was it left me wanting to play more.

margojg
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by margojg on May 10, 11 6:21 AM
I enjoyed the game in that it had different puzzles and the dog was sooooo cute. I did, however, find it a bit abrupt at the end. I was going along having a good time and then --- it was over. I didn't even get to spend all the money I accumulated. I feel like I missed something. Wasn't the purpose of the game to furnish the parents' antique shop -- I only bought a few things and then I was done and the couple were heading home. Oh well, maybe there will be a third in the series. Overall it was a 3 1/2 out of 5 for me.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on May 13, 11 12:12 PM
I enjoyed this fun, relaxing game. Nothing too difficult or challenging. It gave me a nice balance between the more difficult games I also enjoy playing. This was just a good 'ole American story! I liked the interaction between selling, shopping, buying, and decorating!

Go to: