Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Avalon Legends Solitaire

[Post New]by Harriju on May 6, 11 7:08 AM
I love this game. So much like Fairway Solitaire. I have already played it over several times. Thank you Big Fish and especially thank you dev's!!!

xarah78
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by xarah78 on May 7, 11 2:39 PM
This is my first Big Fish Solitaire game purchase and I'm super happy I bought it! The demo lasted me up to almost level 3 so this seems like it will be a very long game. The colors are bright and beautiful.

from me!

[Post New]by were_witch on May 21, 11 9:37 AM
I like this solitaire game. It's relaxing but there are still goals in each level. I play it often.

[Post New]by were_witch on May 21, 11 9:37 AM
I like this solitaire game. It's relaxing but there are still goals in each level. I play it often.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 25, 11 3:23 PM
I'm a huge fan of Fairway Solitaire and recall the day's of its release here and the fun some of us had in its game forum. "It's Lewbabes fault." Been replaying it for quite awhile now. And I was fortunate to be involved with Faerie Solitaire early on and have replayed the original and second release. *waves to Brian* Both games were a solitaire I found relaxing and yet challenging with nice graphics and maybe a decent storyline. Avalon Legends Solitaire is similar in design and the reason why I purchased it. I've not been disappointed.

While I'm enjoying this game quite a lot, and finding myself playing a bit each day, the one negative I have is a major one for me. It's the blinding flash of white light between levels. I do close my eye's but it seems ridiculous to even have to do so. Is there no way to disable this blinding annoyance?

Beyond that... I'd give the game out of five 's.

Though after playing with the flash of white light it's more...

out of five 's.

One I hold back as a negative due to the blinding flash of light...

The other I drank as medication due to the flash of light.

Edited on 05/25/2011 at 3:27:24 PM PST

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jun 19, 11 5:09 AM
I LOVED Faerie Solitaire and played it to death. There was no second one released but Brian kept promising for years. They had a lot of issues between them all there with development.

Avalon Legends might even be a product of Brian or his team under another company name. It has all the "feel" and look of Faerie Solitaire but without the higher details, eggs and pets hatching and goals such as FS had.

It's an OK game but once you've played FS, this one is just OK.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 7, 11 9:11 AM
An old time classic addicting solitaire card game with a twist to it: an added storyline to make the game play a bit more engrossing. The game’s graphics are crisp and clear, but one thing that I found annoying is the fireworks at the end each of the winning rounds. Points earned from playing each round can be used to purchase items from the shop; it also can be sold as well. These items can be used to enhance the game play experience. The hint option, cards lighting to show which cards can be play, can be left on (available for first three levels only) or turned off (by unchecking the box at the beginning of game play.) Creating combos with the cards nets you more points towards the end of the level. I didn’t find the game’s music/sounds intrusive at all. I found this game enjoyable, but I won’t be purchasing the game. For those who had purchased this game – Happy Gaming.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jul 17, 11 11:00 AM
I bought the game and enjoy the gameplay very much. However when I first demoed it, I heard the soft music on the menu page and expected to have another game similar to Waterscape Solitaire that I could relax while playing. Instead I got no pretty music, but those awful blaring horns, over and over.

Needless to say, I play the game with no sound and decidedly less enjoyment than if I was able to listen to nice soothing music. IMO, bad decision on the Devs part.

[Post New]by jeremy_dron on Jul 28, 11 4:25 AM
I like this game, a good navigation, good relaxi.

[Post New]by linny44 on Sep 11, 11 2:33 PM
I have played this game for over 2 months and am still stuck on number 18!!!! I can get 3 or 4 perfect games but not 12000 points. Anybody out there have ideas to help me? I would appreciate it...

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Sep 16, 11 2:14 PM
Hi linny

What I did was I saved up enough to buy the amulet that gives you some power in your necklace, then I played until I could afford to have every wild card I could.

Then I kept making combinations that would give me the max multiplier, and I would replenish my supply of wild cards after every round as best I could.

That max multiplier really ups your points a lot!

Good luck!

~Shasta~

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 21, 11 7:27 AM
This is my favourite solitaire game from all those you can get here. I tried them all, but this one is just perfect for me.

I don`t like timers, even if they go up, rather than down, so you see at the end of a game how long it took you to do it. I am not interested in speed. And this game doesn`t have a timer, neither forward nor backward timing.

I also like the fact that this is a straight forward solitaire game - nothing else to do - but you get the different challenges for each level. And I love the fact that you can buy things in the shop.

First class game.

MYsQisHy
Clownfish
Clownfish
935 Posts

[Post New]by MYsQisHy on Sep 24, 11 6:13 PM
usally like theses types of card games but this one wasnt for me

[Post New]by baywolf1972 on Oct 4, 11 5:08 AM
I play mostly hidden object games. I saw this and played the demo, and liked it. I bought it and now want my money back! I can understand 2,3,or even 4 no match cards but when it does 15 16 no match when you have 1 or 2 left to match and it refuses to give the matches this game is not worth keeping I took it off my computer after trying 6x bigfish this game sucks

dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dancebear on Nov 17, 11 1:16 PM
This game is OK not at all as good as fairway solitaire. There you could go back to previous levels to accumulate points and cards but can't do that here without starting game over. Makes it much harder. I probably won't play this any after I final win because it just takes too long and is too tedious to get through the game.

BoiseDon
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BoiseDon on Feb 2, 12 1:49 PM
I have only one complaint so far that is when you repeat a level if you have to repeat your run of perfect ( Say 8 perfect rounds and you made the eight in the previous round) you should get back the **** cards used in previous round. If you have to redo the perfect games

BoiseDon
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BoiseDon on Feb 7, 12 1:54 PM
I did it! I completed the game. This was a challenging game . It makes you think and plan strategies. A person is tempted to give up but you can succeed. Just have some perseverance and patients

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Jun 26, 12 4:07 PM
......................I needed a break from my normal hidden object games and bought this because I love cards. It is great and very challenging at times. Just when I thought I was done...........a last game popped up....... , ha! For the last 5 games you need to plan extra strategies to win. I had to buy like the maximum multiplier, extra force at the beginning of each hand, but mostly you need to be able to buy tons and tons of wild cards. Through trial and error, over many days, I finally finished it!! Never got all the mystery cards [couldn't figure out what they were for anyway].......maybe the next time through I'll get on to it. Hours of puzzling fun!!!

jackidance
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Avalon Legends Solitaire

[Post New]by jackidance on Jul 6, 12 7:10 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Avalon Legends Solitaire? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/155442.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

jackidance
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jackidance on Jul 6, 12 7:12 PM
rockey69 wrote:I have been wanting to play a fun solitaire game, so I tried this one and really like it. It helps to pass the time when our weather has not been nice, which is most of the time here in Mich. I even got my husband to play this game and he likes it too. I am on my last magic card so I am at the end of the game. I am having a hard time getting through the last level, but that is ok, I will get there and probably play the game again

I really dislike games that have "suggested plays" highlighted and/or blinking. I can't seem to turn it off so will probably not play this game again.
Anyone knows how to turn it off, PLEASE post it.
Thanks,

Go to: