Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Ashton7 on Apr 24, 11 2:56 PM
I'm having the same problems as so many others. Luckily, I only downloaded the demo and did not purchase. Sadly, I did like the game. I got to the part thru the portal and everything just slowed down to an incredible crawl. I have Windows XP and I had already turned off the custom cursor (learned that trick awhile back for dealing with "sticky" games). I shut the game down. I tried playing again the next day (today) and it just suddenly sped up again after being slow at first. Then the cursor went completely wonky. Then it slowed down again to the point that I just shut it down. I guess I'll just delete it although I didn't finish the demo.

jkjmd03
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by jkjmd03 on Apr 24, 11 10:39 PM
It kinda stinks that on weekends it seems that BFG is unattended...

This is not the first or third or tenth time that everyone is having a problem with a game and all we get as a response is to "contact us" which then leads to "dr whatever his name is" which leads to nothing...

If anyone from BFG is looking, please consider how frustrated I (and others) am and also give a close look to who buys most of your games...

no help?

many other game sites to explore....and you will feel it when we give up on you

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Apr 25, 11 4:09 PM
I had no problems with the demo but when I purchased the game I dont get a full centred screen. So to play i have to go into the options and take off full screen and play that way so the screen is centred. Its all ok I just restarted my pc and away we went. My only regret is the game seemed to finish too quickly because I loved it

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 7:22:37 PM PST

[Post New]by NancySusan on Apr 25, 11 6:44 PM
Same problems with the slowness -- a bit creaky when entering my name, then it seemed o.k., then at some point in the house, and even worse outside, it got quite slow. I didn't think to change the cursor -- just gave up and uninstalled it. I also have Windows XP, and while I know I need to get more memory, I've downloaded everything I need to keep the games up to speed, and most games are o.k., but not this one or the latest Puppetshow, for instance. Too bad.

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Apr 25, 11 6:58 PM
Too slow and jerky between scenes and when collecting some hidden objects. The weird thing is that from time to time the game speeds up and plays fine. I had the same problem with Puppetshow Lost Town until they did an update and I wasn't going to buy until it was fixed - now it plays fine. Guess I am gonna have to wait until the "bug" is fixed otherwise it would be an instant buy for me - shame !!

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 6:59:41 PM PST

[Post New]by nancr5260 on Apr 27, 11 5:55 PM
love the game but it won't let me play . started out real good,then stoped at the 3 doors and i cannot get it to work again. so sad as i paid for it. nancy

[Post New]by wmoogle on Apr 29, 11 5:21 PM
mouseclick2 wrote:Is anyone else experiencing slowness in the game when changing scenes or selecting hidden object or items in "hot spots"? The game started out very responsive at first and then seemed to slow right down as described above. It seems you wait 90 seconds at least after selecting a hidden object that would normally be acknowledged in less than 5 seconds. I even went back for a second attempt to play the game with no improvement. I'm surprised others haven't had similar issues.

myrnastout
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,427 Posts

[Post New]by myrnastout on May 4, 11 8:31 PM
I am really getting tired of the ce games running slow I have bought most of them and I still buy them. I have tried everything even talked to dr. Felix and nothing helps. What to do now. I don't know

[Post New]by wilpennings on May 5, 11 5:24 AM
joyzebra wrote:
ginny46 wrote:Slooooooooooooooow! Game freezes, and there are too any slow hot spots. I thought I would never get out of the scene where the girl gives you a recipe, and a chalice. What a disapointment.
Was waiting for this game. Can't play, means no buy.

I was glad to know I am not the only one with this exact problem! I was beginning to think something was wrong with my computer (Puppetshow crashed my puter this week). I had to end game using ctr alt del. I am using XP. I wish those who played successfully tell us what system they are using.

I'm using Windows 7. No problems, no lagging. Fast switching of scenes. It must be the Operating System you need for it.

[Post New]by Astra001 on May 7, 11 1:29 PM
I couldn't get to find out what was behind the bush at the begining. and have had to give up as I couldn't follow the owl

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on May 10, 11 11:52 AM
I am having the same issues with the SLOW moving game I got to the recipe and trying to give the elixer to the woman at the cliffs no buy here-frustrating as it seemed like a good game!!!

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on May 12, 11 7:55 PM
I'm running Vista and also having the same problem....changing scenes is so slooowwwww! I also froze at the first cliff scene and had to reboot.

[Post New]by ZIPPURR on May 17, 11 3:42 AM
I am having problems as well. The **** part in the boat was my first issue
could not draw aside the sail - the curser floated all over when I did select an object is slowed right down. Mind you I had already removed the custom curser, I have found that this is usually the first thing that has to be changed. Too bad I did enjoy the start of the game.

[Post New]by kittymandoo on May 17, 11 9:03 AM
My game played all the way thru, altho I did experience some of the slow and/or choppy cursor issues. As the game progressed, that issue seemed to right itself. In the Extras portion, I was able to get to the part where the 3 orbs are placed in the hands of the statues, and, as the center orb descended, something spewed from it on to the left wall. The magnifying glass indicated that something needed to be done there, and that's when the problem started. Each time I would click the magnifier on the wall, the game shut down to the Game Manager.

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on May 23, 11 5:52 PM
Both my wife and I have had broblems with ERS games. Updating video drivers seems to have solved most problems. Strange, because we are both running older XP systems, and the only drivers out there are legacy drivers that rarely get updated. That said, we both have LOTS of memory. 4G on my system, 3G on hers. I did not have a problem finishing the demo. Whether skill. (blush), or computer capacity, I finished in about 40 minutes with no technical glitches. There have been some ERS games, e.g., Joyville, where you just know something is about to go wrong. Not that this is the correct "technical" solution, but when things get dicey, I exit the game and reboot. I also never keep more than one profile active. I do plan to buy the SE version.

[Post New]by ldyhawke222 on Jun 25, 11 10:39 PM
Just bought a new computer and am downloading all of my games, so far I only have one that will not play at all, Spirits of Mystery-Amber Maiden CE.
According to everything the installation was good but I can't open the game.
Anyone have any ideas?

cav1976es
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by cav1976es on Oct 10, 12 10:53 AM
I down loaded game twice but still can't get to start play at all,,,

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 10, 12 11:26 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you're experiencing problems with the game not opening, you can first ensure that all programs and drivers are updated. You can find more information about doing that here on our help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those recommendations aren't helping, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to look into why that's occurring. Hopefully they can find a solution for you quickly!

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Joli123 on Feb 16, 14 12:28 PM
The game keeps quitting even before i start playing the game and this is really frustrating

macophile
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by macophile on Aug 17, 14 8:11 PM
Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden CE crashes on start-up, bringing up the report dialog. Same thing with Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix ...

The problem is on a 2010 MacBook Air using Mavericks. I noted other, NEWER MacBook Air users running the same OS are having the same trouble.

I'm planning to update to a new MacBook Air in the next week or so, and would like to know if others have found that an upgraded system made the game playable?

I'm also planning to get an iPad Air or Mini when the next gen is released, and will then move all my gaming to that long-desired device.

Please: NO Mac bashing or encouraging me to dump Apple. I know Apple, have totally financially invested myself in Apple and will NOT change, no matter how marvelously you may extol your preferred device: Firstly because I'm physically disabled, my condition wreaks havoc on my memory & concentration skills -- thus making learning a whole new OS too daunting a task for me to pursue -- I know my limitations. Secondly it would be tremendously cost-prohibitive on my income to replace all my software for Mac & iOS with comparable software -- getting all the same programs & Apps for Mac & iOS I guesstimate spending several thousand dollars, and that is way beyond my financial resources as a disabled person!

Thanks for any helpful input!

Go to: