lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 21, 11 3:47 AM
Wow what a beautiful game graphics are so beautiful, sounds are excellent, I got so involved in the deno that i got booted out, lol so my thought is this game is a keeper, ERS out did thereselves, Kuddo's to BF and ERS..
Happy Easter Fishes

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by molla311 on Apr 21, 11 3:47 AM
My eyes big get wet as I read your reviews and I feel greed growing... I want- I want, my fingers is itching. I have... do I dare to tell...5 Ce's and 3games from the sale + one punch buy and two left to use.
Sigh.....
I really must try to wait a bit, I dont dare to demo it yet

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 21, 11 4:13 AM
well looks like the length is going to be another dissappointment, i am going into the finale chapter, started at 4 20 my time, and it 7 10, taking a little break, but man i am getting tired of short ce,s, i will post back when finished with finale, and bonus, but i dont see it lasting much longer

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Apr 21, 11 4:18 AM
It's a nice enough game, but as previous reviewers have mentioned, it is not challenging and very similar to previous games. Having said that, if you are new to HOG/adventure games, this is a nice one. Otherwise, it's nothing special.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 21, 11 4:34 AM
maricika wrote:Has to be Princess Isabella: A witch's curse or Briar Rose for sure.

Fishies, I am surprised - you didn't read enough tales, especially these of the Grimm brothers. As I was born in a period without computers - only books - the only childhood fun for me was to read, or hear from granny, all the "fairy tales" available... That's why I am so happy when I play my childhood favorites...

The theme of "sleeping beauty" runs in Awakening and Princess Isabella.

The present theme is different - "the saved baby princess" runs in many tales: a witch comes to ruin a kingdom, but the baby heir is saved; usually she is raised by the maid or another good witch, until she is ready to claim his/her kingdom, or meet a prince, and reveals her royal roots. The saved baby is alive all the time, but has to hide from the wicked witch.

Happy gaming - it's a stunning game!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 21, 11 4:51 AM
Downloading my purchase as I type. I have been waiting for this game since I first read about it on another game site. I used up all my demo time just to make sure everything was going to work -- unlike the last PuppetShow game which I downloaded three times and still had trouble with. This has lovely graphics and a nice fairy tale story line. I'm enjoying finding things. The H/O scenes are not overly easy, but I don't have to keep my magnifying glass in my hand the whole time either. I haven't even noticed the background music, so I guess it's OK and not annoying. Hope it's long enough to justify the CE price, but unlike Agency of Anomalies, I can't wait for the SE! Love this game!

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Apr 21, 11 5:00 AM
Just downloading the full version. I only hope I don't get stuck in the shack with the coat of arms again . Got there after 52 minutes of the demo, but no further at all!
I like this fairy tale and fell in love with the animals such as parrot, squirrel, owl....
Nice, colorful graphics, hidden objects well visible. The hint and skip buttons take quite a lot of time to charge.
I think it is a good buy for fishies, who like such games.
Happy Easter to all of you

Edited on 04/21/2011 at 5:14:30 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 21, 11 5:01 AM
This is a really great ihog with beautiful graphic and gameplay. But I will wait for the standard version of the game, because I can`t afford another CE this month. Happy gaming everyone

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 21, 11 5:34 AM
guys i gotta say my love affair with ce,s is over, i am not a fast player, the only minis i skip are simon says, and rarely use hints, the main game took me about 3 1/2 and the bonus less then a hour, and those times are getiing up to go potty or smoke, if a ce is not at least 6 hours, i just dont feel that its worth it, and especially give us a longer bonus game, dont get me wrong, its a great game, just way to short for the $$,, i really dont think i will be buying ces anymore,

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Apr 21, 11 5:49 AM
well, i guess i not as smart as some of you players, but i am stuck. i am up to the dock and can't get past the boulder as i have not found anything to break the rock. every scene all the way back to theh nanny says "nothing to do here", i have nothing to get into the barrel with either. help.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 21, 11 5:54 AM
sixmilecoss wrote:well, i guess i not as smart as some of you players, but i am stuck. i am up to the dock and can't get past the boulder as i have not found anything to break the rock. every scene all the way back to theh nanny says "nothing to do here", i have nothing to get into the barrel with either. help.

highlight between for spoiler

to the right on the beach tis a area where your cursor will change to a magnifying glass, in the close up, move your cursor around till it turns into a hand,, you will find a wedge , to use on the rock, along with the hammer

staciepie27
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by staciepie27 on Apr 21, 11 6:13 AM
Hi Everyone,

I bought the game after reading some of the reviews on here and I must say the game is excellent. The graphics are gorgeous, the sound and music is lovely and I like the voice over work that I have heard so far.

I think that the HOG scenes are on the easy to medium side and the puzzles so far are nice, but not really that challenging in my opinion. I am playing on expert mose and have had no problem trying to figure out what to do or where to go so far. I like it when games are designed with both hard and regular mode-I have tried to replay others that ado not have both types and I ahve been turned off by the sparkles. I like knowing what to do by myself now and any game that is like this one is a great one.

I guess I am with other players who say that they would like to see something more original from thsi genre. Another princess story..really, but I still like it because the quality of the game is so high compared to others that we have seen here lately. I would really like to see a designer push the envelope to its limits and bring us a game that totally redefies the HOG games as we know them, but I am not holdong my breath on that one. Designers will continue to push out games that will sell well and appeal to a wide variety of players, not just those who wish for a different kind of game but may be in the minority.

Any way, it's a great game and worth the price of a CE. A+

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Apr 21, 11 6:32 AM
bella, that's not working for me. the only thing the glass is going to is the barrel and even as i move around all i am getting is "the barrel must have been washed upon shore". there is nothing in there to pick up. and i have nothing to open the barrel with.

patjoy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,880 Posts

[Post New]by patjoy on Apr 21, 11 6:43 AM
This is a great way to start the morning. Beautiful graphics, tried and true plot (yeah, it's been done before but I'm ok with that), good music. Love it enough to buy it long before my hour is up.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Apr 21, 11 6:49 AM
arthurC wrote:the music is exactly the same as another game. I just can't remember which one, and it's bugging me. Does anyone else remember which one it was?

Try any ERS game, and you're bound to hear the same music. They recycle the same music in all of their games. Since ERS starting cranking out a new title each month their quality has really gone down IMO. Though it's nice to see them trying the medieval setting for a change.

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Apr 21, 11 6:51 AM
Here's me being grumpy this morning:

I am glad that many of you get excited to download a new game, but tbh, I wish the comments here would be limited to reviewing the games. I have to slog through the "Yay! I'm DLing now!" comments before I hit on one that actually gives me some info on whether I should consider trying the game.

Maybe someone should start a "Yay! I'm DLing Now" forum??

Sorry for being grumpy!!! Thanks to all who give great reviews!!

Maybe it's because I haven't had my coffee yet . . .

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 21, 11 6:53 AM
sixmilecoss wrote:bella, that's not working for me. the only thing the glass is going to is the barrel and even as i move around all i am getting is "the barrel must have been washed upon shore". there is nothing in there to pick up. and i have nothing to open the barrel with.

Hi. highlight to read

pick up the hammer from the pedestal where the castle doors are, then use this to break the barrel to get the wedge. These 2 items will break the boulder.

Hope this helps.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 21, 11 6:55 AM
Waazzaa wrote:Here's me being grumpy this morning:

I am glad that many of you get excited to download a new game, but tbh, I wish the comments here would be limited to reviewing the games. I have to slog through the "Yay! I'm DLing now!" comments before I hit on one that actually gives me some info on whether I should consider trying the game.

Here is another for you, hope your day gets better.
This game is very good but apparently very short for a CE.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 21, 11 7:06 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
maricika wrote:Has to be Princess Isabella: A witch's curse or Briar Rose for sure.

Fishies, I am surprised - you didn't read enough tales, especially these of the Grimm brothers. As I was born in a period without computers - only books - the only childhood fun for me was to read, or hear from granny, all the "fairy tales" available... That's why I am so happy when I play my childhood favorites...

The theme of "sleeping beauty" runs in Awakening and Princess Isabella.

The present theme is different - "the saved baby princess" runs in many tales: a witch comes to ruin a kingdom, but the baby heir is saved; usually she is raised by the maid or another good witch, until she is ready to claim his/her kingdom, or meet a prince, and reveals her royal roots. The saved baby is alive all the time, but has to hide from the wicked witch.

Happy gaming - it's a stunning game!

That made me think of all the childhood books I read back in the neolithic... and I realized that Dr Seuss would be a BLAST as a casual game. Horton Hears A Who, Bartholomew and the Oobleck... LOL

I haven't even finished the last two CEs I bought, and here I am, downloading this one after purchase. I'm hopeless. I really enjoyed the demo though, so I don't feel like I'm wasting my money. I've always had a soft spot for fairy tales.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 21, 11 7:08 AM
Waazzaa wrote:Here's me being grumpy this morning:

That made me laugh! That used to drive me crazy as well but I guess I've gotten used to it. At least it's game related.

Go to: