Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jet Set Go

[Post New]by steph55 on Apr 24, 11 2:24 AM
I absolutely love this game. I can see me playing this game over and over.
I wish more TM games were this much fun.

[Post New]by Zelle303 on Apr 24, 11 3:22 AM
this is bascially a mix between a dash game and sally's salon. unfortunately, it was too boring for me, not nearly challenging or fast paced enough. will not be a buy for me.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Apr 24, 11 4:51 AM
The game is nicely put together and runs smoothly with no glitches for me. Even during the demo hour I thought there was some originality to the design of the mini games in the holiday locations.

I am a TM fanatic and I can do speed very well, but this is a no buy for me because I prefer to need to apply a little strategy as well as speed. Even something like more variation in the types of upgrades available for the travel agency, so that how the money was spent made a bigger difference to outcome, would have helped.

I thought of something only after my demo ran out that I would tried for the fun of it, so maybe someone who owns it could tell me..... If you prefer a particular mini game, can you choose to take an income hit in the agency by sending customers there even when they wanted to go somewhere else, to fill that plane quicker? Or do they just storm off if you get it wrong?

By the time the demo ran out I had reached a mini game where I had to click the correct button to match dance steps which was a fun idea and I have read that the mini games continue to vary with every destination. For that reason, and out of curiosity, I'd maybe consider it when it gets old enough to be a DD, except for a couple of features that put me off a bit.

I don't want to post those things here, and maybe put off others who hadn't noticed for themselves, because these aren't bugs I'm talking about, just features that I personally wasn't keen on, but I see the developers were around here recently and if either of you is still here and wants to accept that (constructive) feedback by PM I'd be happy to do that.

LOL on the brochure turning thing, I hadn't noticed, but I still had 15 mins or so demo left when I read the reviews yesterday so (of course!) I went back to look. From what I'd read, I was expecting her hips to wiggle or something . I wouldn't worry MissBrigga , I don't think anyone will seriously find it inappropriate or anything because she stands a little off centre to the customers. If she was directly in front of them it could be more of an issue .

[Post New]by StealthBunny on Apr 24, 11 7:27 AM
I'm noticing that the game isn't registering mouse clicks on several occasions. Someone else posted that they noticed that they had to be exactly centered on the "button" for the click to go through... yet the buttons are very large, so that is misleading and easy to forget when you are concentrating on everything else. The game is noticing the "click" as the "button" lights up and depresses, but the action doesn't occur. Sometimes I have to click three or four times for the action to happen. I would suggest either making the button smaller or the "registering area" larger.

Otherwise, the game does have good pacing so there is always something different to do just as the current portion is getting tedious. I would have loved to see the mini-games change for agency locations rather than be the same throughout, but otherwise it's a solid game.

tm501
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by tm501 on Apr 24, 11 1:29 PM
I do have to say playing the mini games while at the actual locations has go to be the dumbest things! My 7 y/o nephews were over today and they got so bored playing them because they are mindless and dumb. They asked if there was a way to skip over them. Playing at the agencies is okay but in no way is this better than My Farm Life. This was not worth the $6.99. I figured it had to get better after 1 hour but I was wrong. This game seems like its for a 4 year old. BORING!

[Post New]by SmokeyMtnLinda on Apr 24, 11 4:29 PM
What a FUN GAME!!! My only disappointment is that it is way TOO SHORT. A nice variety in game play, graphics and I love playing ... stayed up way too late the first night, but it is sooo much fun! Please follow with another one soon, just longer. With this one and Bistro Boulevard I'm one pleased fishy!!!

Kala1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Kala1 on Apr 24, 11 9:29 PM
YES!!!! i love it

sea_maid
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by sea_maid on Apr 24, 11 10:02 PM
Definitely a fun game...

I usually don't play TM games, and from some of the members here that play them often, it seems that it's a bit too easy. However, I did like that it had different options in terms of difficulty, and that you could set it to very easy if you want to (don't play TM games, but from playing at that level, I know I wouldn't pass the grade). Liked the theme and locations, but I agree that a little more variation on the mini-games would have been better ( ex. the Mayan Riviera and the Hawaii games are practically the same). That said, it was a fun, lighthearted game, but yes, I think five agencies would have been better.

Perhaps if the developers plan to make a series out of this, they will include more next time.

[Post New]by wildhartz on Apr 24, 11 11:18 PM
Hello,
This message is for Daniel_Krattis. First off I love the game and can tell there was a lot of work put into this. I was a tester on this and loved it then. This said I did finish the game in expert mode with all medals won under 4 hours. I been playing computer games since the first one came out. ( Hopefully this doesnt tell you my real age My point is I guess Im a fast player and its very hard to get a game that lasts myself 8 hours. Please keep on making these great games and maybe someday I'll get one that lasts 8 hours or longer.

[Post New]by Daniel_Kratt on Apr 25, 11 8:01 AM
wildhartz wrote:Great Game, I played it all the why though under 4 hours and there are just a few things I would have liked to see.
1: I would of like to have more options in upgrades then just chairs.
2; I think there should of been more books then 3
3" I also thought the mini games should been different each book.
These are just my thoughts and I would rate it a 4 star. Worth buying if your TM fan,

Hi Wildhartz.

Thanks for your feedback. These are all really great suggestions.
We'll definitely consider your ideas moving forward with Jet Set Go.

Dan.

[Post New]by Daniel_Kratt on Apr 25, 11 8:12 AM
ember89 wrote:at first i thought "oh i'm planning vacations" and that was it... then i played the game and found out there was a lot more to it than that!

i, too, am a sally veteran and found the agency scenes to be a lot like the spas... but i like sally, so... it was nice also to be in an environment that felt familiar as i was learning to play - took some of the edge off so i could just get into it and go... totally cool!

i like how each level introduces a new vacation destination and the activities in each of them are different, catered to the spot even... and the different characters that are introduced as clients are funny, too... again, something mindful of the sally games - different folks having different needs, quirks, and above all, levels of patience!

so far i have only played the first location, montreal, and played it on the super easy level where no one would get mad and walk out on me... again, i was a little worried about the play of the game so... i wanted everything to work just right as i was learning the ropes.. and i have to say: it's absolutely wonderful to have a level of difficulty like this!! it's easy modes like this that let my niece try her hand at these games and she's pretty good!

well, i'm off to purchase [even though i said i wouldn't be buying anything] because i just love the way this game puts so many things together - and for me that's not something that happens everyday!

Hi ember89.

I'm so happy you found value in the Beginner difficulty setting.
After our beta test, we decided in the 11th hour to add difficulty settings. I really wanted to put the beginner difficulty setting in not only for people who are new to the genre but also for younger folks. My two year old son now enjoys playing the game with me. When a customer enters, we practice our color recognition by putting the customer in the right chair. Then, when it's time to choose a vacation destination, he takes great pride in making the customers happy. He calls the game “Make Happy” LOL.

Thanks so much!

Dan.

[Post New]by Daniel_Kratt on Apr 25, 11 8:17 AM
ClassyDash wrote:This game is just so beautiful.

Wow

I play in casual mode and just enjoy it.

It takes my mind off all the troubles in the world.

Nice music and pretty locations.

Just so nice.

Great day to all

Hi ClassyDash.
As a game designer, there is no greater compliment than having helped to take your mind off all the troubles in the world. You've truly made my day. Thank you!

Dan.

[Post New]by Daniel_Kratt on Apr 25, 11 8:28 AM
sea_maid wrote:Definitely a fun game...

I usually don't play TM games, and from some of the members here that play them often, it seems that it's a bit too easy. However, I did like that it had different options in terms of difficulty, and that you could set it to very easy if you want to (don't play TM games, but from playing at that level, I know I wouldn't pass the grade). Liked the theme and locations, but I agree that a little more variation on the mini-games would have been better ( ex. the Mayan Riviera and the Hawaii games are practically the same). That said, it was a fun, lighthearted game, but yes, I think five agencies would have been better.

Perhaps if the developers plan to make a series out of this, they will include more next time.

Hi sea_maid.

We would love to make a series out of Jet Set Go and would also really appreciate your feedback with regards to new agency and vacation locations!

Thanks!

Dan.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Apr 25, 11 8:41 AM
I've really been enjoyin this game. I'm on the last agency since I've worked at getting all medals at the previous ones before moving on. I do like that some different things are added to the vacation spots, but would like to see more variety if possible too. I don't have any ideas as to what though, lol. I, too, am a Sally fan and noticed the similar art/game style in this one. A solid game all around.

[Post New]by BlueGlow on Apr 25, 11 8:53 AM
I really enjoyed the demo but I am tentative about buying it because so many people say it's too short. I noticed a lot of people said they loved Sally games and Spa games. Rachel's Retreat is a fantastic game with wonderful graphics and 50 levels!

I definitely recommend it to the people in this forum. I just finished it and am sad.

So, looking for something similar, I'll see if I have any luck.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Apr 25, 11 9:18 AM
Blueglow,

I've not found Jet Set a short game at all. I've probably played for at least 4 hours so far and and at 2 star in the last agency.

I'll have to look into Rachel's Retreat though.

sea_maid
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by sea_maid on Apr 25, 11 9:31 AM
Daniel_Kratt wrote:

Hi sea_maid.

We would love to make a series out of Jet Set Go and would also really appreciate your feedback with regards to new agency and vacation locations!

Thanks!

Dan.

Well, this is just of the top of my head, but some suggestions for agencies would be : Berlin, Moscow, Madrid, and India.

For destinations, although you had two destinations in the current game for Italy (Italy and Venice) perhaps you could have Florence or Milan in the next one, since they are a bit more cultural. Other destinations would be Ireland, Cairo, Vienna and Buenos Aires in Argentina.

Anyway, those are just some suggestions. Let me know what you think.

[Post New]by Daniel_Kratt on Apr 25, 11 9:54 AM
sea_maid wrote:
Daniel_Kratt wrote:

Hi sea_maid.

Thanks!

Dan.

Well, this is just of the top of my head, but some suggestions for agencies would be : Berlin, Moscow, Madrid, and India.

For destinations, although you had two destinations in the current game for Italy (Italy and Venice) perhaps you could have Florence or Milan in the next one, since they are a bit more cultural. Other destinations would be Ireland, Cairo, Vienna and Buenos Aires in Argentina.

Anyway, those are just some suggestions. Let me know what you think.

Those are really fantastic suggestions sea_maid! Moscow would make a very pretty location as would India. I can imagine them now! Funny that you noticed the two locations for Italy... What can I say, I'd really like to go there some day. Ireland would also be really cool! I personally want to see some Australia action! I'm going to start a new spread sheet right now...

Thanks!

Dan.

kassy481
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by kassy481 on Apr 25, 11 11:43 PM
Hi all,
I really like this game but I also have a few things I really dislike.
Pros: #1 has to be the choice of difficulty! I would really like to applaud the developers for adding this option!

I also love the art work and the different tasks.
The music is also nice.

What I really dislike is the "clunky" nature of some of the areas in this game. The biggest one being that you can't Que tasks if she has food in her hands. It just really throws the entire flow of the game off for me. ( I mean the drink machines. Seems you can't refill them if she's carrying something.)
I would also like to see more upgrades, with the most important one being the ability to make her move faster. I think the "clicks not taking" needs to be addressed also.
Overall though I give this game 4 stars. I will buy any TM game that has the "relaxed " option. I really wouldn't have minded a few more locations also

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Apr 26, 11 10:40 AM
My review is based purely on the demo. This is a very nicely crafted game & a nice game to try for those who generally don't like TM games as being too frantic. There are beginner, casual, & expert levels. For me playing on casual level was a little boring--I am one who likes it the more frantic the better so would try expert next time. Cute settings & I thought some of the mini-games were cute-especially the dance floor on the cruise ship. Kudos to the developers for interacting with us game players. Would love to beta the next one

Go to: