hibtug
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Post any Fallen Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by hibtug on Apr 23, 11 12:41 PM
There must be something really wrong with this game: the cursor lags over the screen, then the screen goes dark when moving from one scene to the other, then there are no hints about what has to be done etc. At first I thought the game had frozen with the ice water in the foutain, until I discover that you have to place one of the buttons on the statue, then go find the other button and voila ! It works ! but I spen the whole time on the trial version trying to push the cursor around. .. Since there is no strategy or walkthrough, it´s one hour lost battling the sloooow motion...

[Post New]by auncaj on Apr 23, 11 1:02 PM
i am stuck in the room with a piano in grandfathers house? Any ideas? or has my game frozen? Then what?

mimskers
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mimskers on Apr 23, 11 1:15 PM
I'm stuck with the grandfather also. Showed him and then tried to check out pic on floor and nothing. can't get out of scene at all.

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Apr 23, 11 1:23 PM
LaDeeDah wrote:Just played about 20 mins. of demo. Gameplay lags. Not just between scenes, but randomly. Also, odd that when I exit the game I'm returned to the BFG site page for the game. This doesn't cause any real problems. Just sort of odd that this happens.

I have the same problem. Randomly it slows way down.. I'm still in the trial game and have 20 mins. to go but am wondering if I should purchase. I like the game and graphics etc. but this random lagging concerns me.. glad to know it's not just me. It downloaded fine, no problems except this random lagging.. what do I do... buy or not buy. . I like the game. need one more game to fill punch card... then get 2 free games... hmmmmmmm... !
Oh yeah! when I exit the game it goes to the web page... what's up with that? Twice now. I always play a trial for awhile, close it out and restart just to see what happens... curious...

Edited on 04/23/2011 at 1:25:53 PM PST

[Post New]by Roseyjane on Apr 23, 11 1:24 PM
After trying twice, I am not able to get past the screen following the first introduction screen. My computer froze up. I had to hit my power button and turn the entire computer off to get out of the game. After reading the messages under technical issues, I found that others are having the same problem.
Big Fish: Is there a "fix" to this problem?
Obviously, I won't be buying or even trying this game until someone comes up with a solution.
Someone posted to change the pixels to 1600 and 900. My pixels only go to 1440 so I can't use that solution.

Tenmousers
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Tenmousers on Apr 23, 11 1:50 PM
I get audio but nothing but a blank screen. GRRRRR

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Apr 23, 11 2:01 PM
How come when you do the trail you only 43 minutes instead of 60 and this has happen more than once with the demo. I have no problem dowloading this game but the instruction for the mini games aren't well done.

imaoldlayde
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by imaoldlayde on Apr 23, 11 3:04 PM
Can't explain problems clearly felt like I was walking in ankle deep mud uphill to get the game to change scenes, allow me to back out of a scene, seemed like hard work to do anything. Played most of the demo anyway. Like the game and would buy , but don"t want to work that hard to have fun.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 23, 11 3:57 PM
Hi there,
I had no problems with the trial version of this game, but after purchasing and reinstalling it, my original profile takes me to the " ending scenes" from the trial version and when I went to check it, I seem to have played for over 9 hours!!!
After creating a new profile, I too am stuck in the grandfather's house just after the ghost appears. Can't pick up the photo, can't climb the stairs.
Bummer!!

johnandi5
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnandi5 on Apr 23, 11 4:16 PM
Managed to download....the opening video sequence stalled and jerked but it finally got through it and I started to play the game which went OK although slow to change scenes....finished out trial but when I had to hit escape to get me back to main menu and I clicked on Exit and it just froze and I had to end task to get out of the game which took forever....grrrrrrrrrr.....was enjoying this game too....

Another game where it's jerky and slow....

Game froze at father's tomb. Can't progress past that stage. Only showing inventory.

[Post New]by wiglet1 on Apr 23, 11 4:31 PM
belamba wrote:I can't get the game to start. Keep getting message can't create share file data......
Anyone else getting this? Or any ideas on how to get the trial to start please?
Thanks,
Belamba

Edited to include message I'm getting which is; Cannot create shared data folder..........(then my personal computer file locations) followed by......application data/happy muffin top/fallen shadows.

What is Happy Muffin Top??

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 23, 11 4:48 PM
Hi there,
I think I have found the solution to those of us who have had trouble getting past the scene with the grandfather's ghost.
Delete your profile/s.
I have done that, and yes I did have to start again, but I was able to move on when I reached the French Quarter (which is the end of the Sample version).
I am also happy to report that you get different items to search for in the H0 scenes except for the "necessary" ones that is.
Hope this helps others of you.
Cheers.

[Post New]by albertabef on Apr 23, 11 5:46 PM
This game just froze at the beginning and I had to use the task manager to get it to shut down....

It needs to be fixed. Wonder how come it got through the Big Fish Screening.....

Do not need this kind of aggravation when supposively it is a clean site for viruses...

[Post New]by doglekim on Apr 23, 11 5:57 PM
Purchased and it will not start...

seems like it's going to and bam, right back to my desktop...this is awful, been trying to play for hours...reinstalling...troubleshooting...omg...i hate this

Edited on 04/23/2011 at 5:59:26 PM PST

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Apr 23, 11 6:08 PM
It won't start for me either---same thing. It doesn't even say in game manager that I have played. Of course, I haven't, since it won't load at all.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Apr 23, 11 6:33 PM
I cant even get past the first scene before it freezes. SUCK

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Apr 23, 11 7:00 PM
I had no technical issues at all, even with the Grandfather's house or climbing the stairs. Amazing graphics with lots of special effects. No lag of any sort. Loading screens were fast and no cursor or scene change lag at all. Cut scenes are exceptional and play like a movie trailer. Music is actually pleasing and fits the game well.

I believe this game is VERY graphic heavy. I am playing on a computer built specifically to game; a high-end very fast quad core processor, upgraded video card with 1GB on-board graphics memory, and plenty of high-end RAM. I think because of my system, I had none of the loading/lag issues with this game. As for technical issues or bugs, I had no problems at all.

The newer games are getting much more graphic intensive than ever before. I believe many people running off-the-shelf computers purchased for normal home use may not have the graphic capabilities for some of the newer games, causing some of the issues seen on this thread. BFG tech people can sort this out for you and tell you exactly why the game won't play on your system.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 23, 11 7:11 PM
graytori wrote:I played and got to the point where you go to Bourbon Street I got key from bird and read newspaper and then game went back to beginning where you click on play. I clicked on play and it took me to Bourbon St again (mind you I have an urn and key I got from bird, in my inventory) and I had to get key from bird again and read paper again. I un-installed and re-installed game and it went to Bourbon St (same items in inventory) and had to pick up key and read paper for the third time and then game went back to beginning again. I am deleting this game. Not sure what is happening.

That's the end of the trial version. There an additional brief bit where it shows upcoming scenes as a teaser, but there's no more game play available for the trial.

I liked the concept, location, and graphics of the game, but I did not like the way the scenes lagged. You complete a hidden object screen and instead of the scene pulling back into the main room scene, you have to click out of the h-0 scene. I was playing in Expert/Advanced mode (whatever they called it) and I would mouse over a scene and it would say "Grandpa's writing desk" then I'd move away, return to the same scene and this time a H0 scene would open up in the same place. The all-black scenes where one word would pop up on it and then slowly fade out were time-wasters, I thought.

I just thought the scene changes were way too slow and the scene openings weren't intuitive. As the game stands right now, it's just too laggy to be fun to play.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Apr 23, 11 7:40 PM
No sale on this one. Game speed is unpredictable at best; the scene at the frozen fountain slowed down so badly that I thought the game was stuck. Also the game will not shut down without pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and then removing the .exe file from the Task Manager.

jaybird3939
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by jaybird3939 on Apr 23, 11 8:54 PM
After 2 tries, I got stuck at the opening screen. Had to use Task Manager to finally shut it down. I usually have internet radio playing while I'm on the computer, and the game did NOT like that. Radio kept cutting in & out & finally just stopped. Never had this happen with any of the other (many) BF games I have installed. Sounds like Happy Muffin Top has some more tweaking to do before many of us will be able to play their game. I'll wait to hear for any fixes going on before I try again. Darn, it looked like a good way to spend an evening too!

Go to: