rescuefire
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by rescuefire on May 14, 11 7:34 AM
I have this game on my Mac and had zero problems...maybe cuz it's a Mac version? Anyway, I love these games. I'd love for them to be longer but for the price it's good enough. I am kinda stuck on the bonus game though. I have only found 75% of the paint and can't continue. I know that's a hard thing to help with since every location would have to be listed but I'm just not finding the last one or two paints. Dag nabbit!

[Post New]by SilverHawkwoman on May 16, 11 2:38 PM
I LOVE the Dream Chronicles series...I'm in the Book of Water Collector's Edition and seem to be stuck at Barge Town. My weld dream jewel won't weld the hammer and the suggestion blurb keeps telling me to go to the airship and travel to Barge Town (where I already am)...Any help here? The game won't allow me to go to any other locations on the map...

Xen33
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Xen33 on May 18, 11 8:31 PM
Hi I also have crashed in the toyshop can't get anything to happen. Had enough not reinstalling, what a huge disappointment I wanted to finish the game...and yes should be way better to be classified CE, which are almost always great.

[Post New]by kitty30ribbons on May 23, 11 11:37 PM
cathy_johnston1 wrote:can't get past the bonus in the barge city can't find last paint so I can't go on and also had a freeze in same place in game and had to start over

[Post New]by Perfumella on May 26, 11 7:57 AM
I absolutely agree about the last two Dream Chronicles being unworthy - this last one, Book of Water in particular. I finished it under 2 hours, and I don't even play that many games, so there's an indication of how easy it is to complete.

The first ones in the series had great storylines and beautiful graphics - this last one is doing fair bit a scenery recycling and that isn't fair to all of us who are paying for the privilege of playing. It's lazy and dishonest. The storylines of the last two DC's (ha! - what storylines???) seemingly have almost no connection to the first installments.

I can't imagine that The Book Of Fire will improve the series....

Not happy, Jan (Australian in-joke).

[Post New]by debwilson on May 29, 11 12:33 AM
My third and final key won't open the locked box to the left of the gramophone to get the final discs. The other two keys worked fine on Merrow's front door and on the locked box on the steps inside Merrow's house. Any suggestions? Running on a Mac.

[Post New]by tazlee24 on May 30, 11 3:29 PM
Help, I cant find the fishing store and I agree that this is way below the quality of the other three. The guide has been no help.

fla_girl
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by fla_girl on Jun 3, 11 10:15 AM
I like Book of Water but I agree with every thing else it was wayyyyyyyyyyy to short. Glad I didn't buy the SE. Why can't all the good games last longer and all the stupid ones be shorter. It just isn't fair.

I call "Refurb" Re:Welcome to Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water

[Post New]by bectoria on Jun 4, 11 7:46 AM
This game is so similar to the previous Dream Chronicles game that I checked my records (twice) to make sure I hadn't already purchased it. So much of the (BEAUTIFUL) art & scenery are re-treads from the last game. Ok, so I play a lot of games and occasionally recognize refurbished scenery & art in other games, too. But to market this as a new game is misleading and calling it a Collector's Edition to make it more expensive is just plain wrong!

[Post New]by FurBearer on Jun 13, 11 7:29 PM
Greetings All! I'm stuck at the Fishing Rod. I have the paint, I have an assembled Fishing Rod but the bait is still unpainted. I have the "Hook" but I cannot work out how to get this piece together. Any Clues?

jobi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by jobi on Jun 14, 11 6:20 AM
When the game ended, I thought it was a mistake, so I re-played. I cant believe this was so short for a C.E. Truly a rip off.

navum
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by navum on Jun 15, 11 2:02 PM
Hi there,

This CE is a disappointment. No real challenge and so short. The only reason I do not ask for a refund is because the previous dream chronicles were so great. No need to waste money on the CE, nothing that extra.

[Post New]by IMkatonline on Jun 24, 11 7:12 PM
Question: I bought the regular version of The Book of Water game yesterday. I've played it, was kind of disappointed with it, but want to update to the Collector's Edition. Can I update my game to the CE version, and not have to pay the full amount? Is there a link I can go to to get this done? Thx!

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jun 25, 11 2:35 AM
I'm also disapointed... the game is freezing at many points and the skip button is not working... I paid more for the CE, now I can't even play it!!!! Arrrgh....

[Post New]by GinaBThinagain on Feb 16, 12 8:28 PM
I, too am stuck at the last piece of the game. I have the 7 symbols, but cannont place them on the statue. I am short 2 dream pieces, but cannot leave wish to go find them.

What do I do now?

Go to: