bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews on Silent Scream: The Dancer

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 25, 11 6:18 AM
I am tempted to buy it for the graphics alone. I love the art. It is different from any I have seen so far, very creative. These graphics that I love so much might also be why I don't buy. For one thing, the odd angles make me a little dizzy. Also, as Cherb noted, some things just don't look quite like what I am seeking and I needed to use more Hints than usual. The scene where you had to match several pairs of like items was mostly impossible for me. The art is so strnge that i just could not get what items matched. I had to use several Hints to get through that and was too tired to go on. After a while I will try to finish the Demo. Now that I have got through that match game maybe I will have less trouble. I also love string games and this includes them. The whispering also bothered me. I wish I could turn the whispers off without turning the sound off.

Those of you looking for unique and different will find it here if only in the art.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 25, 11 6:28 AM
peglegann wrote: Apparently it is quite long and I for one want to see the ending.

I am not so sure about the length peglegann. I saw somebody post in this game forum that they finished half of the game in the demo period!! Does anyone else have an idea of how long this game is - or how far you got during the demo?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 25, 11 6:31 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:
peglegann wrote: Apparently it is quite long and I for one want to see the ending.

I am not so sure about the length peglegann. I saw somebody post in this game forum that they finished half of the game in the demo period!! Does anyone else have an idea of how long this game is - or how far you got during the demo?

Someone posted in a couple of threads that it took them 4 hours. That could be 6 the way that I play, as you know! LOL!

[Post New]by Coronagold on Apr 25, 11 6:40 AM
Not enough pole dancing references.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 25, 11 6:41 AM
peglegann wrote:

Someone posted in a couple of threads that it took them 4 hours. That could be 6 the way that I play, as you know! LOL!

That sounds a lot more like how long it would take me! I cannot imagine playing ANY of these games in only 2 hours - not me anyway!! It takes me 10 minutes to set up my options just right...

ETA: SAY WHAT Coronagold?? ROFL

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 6:42:08 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 25, 11 6:49 AM
Coronagold wrote:Not enough pole dancing references.

? ? ? ? What does this mean? LOL!

mimiismags
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mimiismags on Apr 25, 11 6:52 AM
Like so many here, while downloading the demo, I come to the forum. Seems to be mixed on the reviews. I usually give the game the entire demo time but this one I deleted after 9 minutes. When I demo I don't waste my hour with the dialogue etc. but when I skipped all that I was through the first chapter in 5 minutes. Way too much hand holding and toooo much dialogue and scene set ups. I also did not like the graphics.
On another note I agree with many that all these dark morose games with kidnappings and vampires and creepy people is getting a bit too much. I myself like games like the Dream Chronicles series or the awakenings series or even the Magic Encyclopedia games. I find them light and fun but that is my opinion. I still wish anothe Azada would come out!! Love good puzzle games.

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Apr 25, 11 6:53 AM
Well I've played the demo in the harder mode....and I sort of like it but NOT like it if you know what I mean. The graphics are cartoon like, and some objects are hard to see or decipher. Even in this mode there is a moderate amount of hand holding and sparkles, but the puzzles are good. One thing that is totally beyond me is that her voice is so matter of fact, even on discovering that a man has taken her daughter away!! For goodness sake you would be out of your mind worrying and panicking, and thinking all sorts!!! . It certainly wouldn't be..."oh I must go and look for her"!!

There is a text error in the screen outside the police station. When you click on the fountain it says "It's a bit quiet in here", and when you click on the police station it says "this fountain is not working". Wrong way round!!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Apr 25, 11 6:54 AM
flowerchild44 wrote:mmmm, i think i understand the title now, i wanted to scream after only 15 minutes of it.not for me, oh well always tommorow.
I gave it 29 minutes before I dumped it! What a clumsy, boring game. The H0 scenes are huge junkpiles, and things are so jumbled together you can't decipher them from each other. I tried the pliers on the wire 8 times before it worked. I guess there was only one tiny spot that you had to click on! Maybe if it is a DD but only maybe. I don't like frustration.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Apr 25, 11 6:59 AM
I would never buy this game because for one it's too cartoonish and two, it's not the most interesting HOG I've played. I was one chapter 5 when my demo ended so I deleted it and posted this post.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 25, 11 7:25 AM
i was on the closed beta of this,,, sad to see they didnt change not being allowed to pick up a item till you need it,, it was 1 of my major complaints i had with the game,

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Apr 25, 11 7:40 AM
I always get a kick out of reading the comments that aren't always related to the game. Thanks, y'all. I don't know if I'm in one of those moods today or not, but I was bored and quit after 20 minutes. The graphics are stylistically different & I don't dislike them, but that's about it. I doubt I'll finish the game. There's nothing really wrong with the game, but it just doesn't grab me the way some other games have. Have fun and have a happy Monday.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Silent Scream: The Dancer

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 25, 11 7:45 AM
Hi Fishies!

Thanks for getting this thread started! I'm going to go ahead and sticky it at the top of the Forum.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you're encountering any technical issues with the game, please be sure to post them in the Post any Silent Scream: The Dancer technical issues here only thread and to also get in touch with Customer Support. This way we can keep this thread reserved just for reviews.

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 25, 11 7:57 AM
peglegann wrote:
shadowfax44 wrote:

Well, I played now for 4,5 hours and still not finished. I love the game and the puzzles are very good.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 25, 11 8:14 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
peglegann wrote:
shadowfax44 wrote:

Well, I played now for 4,5 hours and still not finished. I love the game and the puzzles are very good.

Thanks for that. From watching your reviews, I think you and I play at the same speed. This game is one of those that you need to demo to appreciate all of it, especially the clock in the bedroom, where the second hand is going around, literally second by second! LOL!

qwerty4
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by qwerty4 on Apr 25, 11 8:28 AM
Talk about linear! It is too frustrating not to pick up items as you see them. Also I used my system cursor and found it difficult to click on items. It was necessary to click below the item, not on it. Cartoon graphics are not my fav but angled screens are definitely not for me. The one thing I truly liked, though, was the way the hints highlighted the items. The hints filled quickly too. All in all it is not a buy for me.

swissraven
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by swissraven on Apr 25, 11 8:48 AM
I love this game, it's very original and the odd cartoonish graphics are fun. I agree that not being able to pick up an item when you think you can is annoying, but on the whole I like the game.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Apr 25, 11 8:52 AM
For those of us that are STILL patiently awaiting F.A.C.E.S and Dark Ritual, this may have been a bit of a Monday letdown. It's a "different" sort of HOG/IHOG, that's for sure, but I mean that in complimentary way. While it's definitely moody and broody, the comic-book style, watercolor artwork takes some of the darkness away. The storyline--Mom's a nightclub dancer who gets mugged after work--she comes to (in her place--how'd she get there?) and realizes that her daughter is still at a day-care place--off to get her! Oh, oh--where is she? Panic!

Loading seemed to take extraordinarily long, finally to an "OK" main menu; Options are "OK" too--cursor choice included. I liked the soundtrack, and there is some voice acting, but Mom's dialogue isn't spiced with much emotion--I'd be going crazy! Clicking on some objects in scenes gets an iota of useless info; in Casual mode, there are sparklies for "action" places and for hidden-object scenes (which are pretty sharp, colorful, and fair). The hint system re-ups fairly quickly (1 min?).

Drawbacks? Yep. The game will let you walk right by an item that's just begging to go into your inventory--can't use it yet?--come back later when you CAN use it! In other words, sneakers on! And what's with the crazy, Alfred Hitchcock-style angles in some scenes? I think we could have done without those!

Like I said, not weak, just different--I'm not sure about buying yet--try it out.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 25, 11 9:26 AM
This game is surely different, but I like it and will buy it later this week. Give it a try

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Apr 25, 11 9:34 AM
Doesn't seem as if a whole lot of people like this game. That being said, I'm going to give it a shot. I like dark. I like dreary. I like scary. I like stars and hand holding. I like to play slowly. I like most types of graphics. I don't mind short games, I don't mind long games. I even like STDs, puzzles and connect the wires/pipes. I'm fairly easy to please when it comes to games since that's what they are.......games. I will generally buy DDs or G of the W or Sale ones since I'm retired, getting poorer by the day, getting older, it's getting harder to see and definitely getting harder to figure out puzzles, although I do pretty well on those most of the time. Guess when you get older, you either get pickier or laid-back in your likes and dislikes. Me, I'm the latter. Hope all of you find games you like soon so we can all be pleased.

Go to: