PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Apr 25, 11 12:25 PM
peglegann wrote:
PowderMonkey wrote:
peglegann wrote:By the way PowderMonkey, I am DL now, I will try this game soon! LOL!

Hey PowderMonkey! Who said you could be absent without leave?? LOL!
See what you have done! ROFL! Hope you are having a good day!

Sorry, the sun is shining plus I have exams to read up to - I will never be absent without asking first ever again!

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Apr 25, 11 12:28 PM
well Easter almost over here in the u.k 20:27 but due to a wedding!! and free bank holiday coming up plus SUN makes for most, a looong holiday Shame there really hasn't been a decent game to buy, I'm still waiting on a few CEs to go SE. not sure about this one its differant, but I get fed up with what I can't pick up, other then that.. might have been okay. What do I watch on Friday.. Wedding or the space Shuttle? okay Shuttle comp.... wedding TV why not both. Enjoy the rest of the day

beejay71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by beejay71 on Apr 25, 11 12:58 PM
Don't think I'll buy this one. Couldn't pick up the hypodremic needle in one of the hidden object puzzles. Took forever to be able to pick up some of the cockroaches. Had to use the hint on several even though I knew where they were and then could pick them up after several tries.

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Apr 25, 11 1:03 PM
Bidme wrote:well Easter almost over here in the u.k 20:27 but due to a wedding!! and free bank holiday coming up plus SUN makes for most, a looong holiday Shame there really hasn't been a decent game to buy, I'm still waiting on a few CEs to go SE. not sure about this one its differant, but I get fed up with what I can't pick up, other then that.. might have been okay. What do I watch on Friday.. Wedding or the space Shuttle? okay Shuttle comp.... wedding TV why not both. Enjoy the rest of the day

Bidme, do you have the day off at the Royal Wedding?

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 25, 11 1:54 PM
Silent Scream... it's not PuppetShow. All 3 of the PuppetShows are fabulous. I guess I'm spoiled from playing them, along with the Mystery Case Files.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Apr 25, 11 1:56 PM
Im on disability so every days a holiday lol plus plenty of time to play games and even more time to be a grumpy old man[i have the t-shirt to prove it lol] Every so often i cant use me right hand for me mouse so use me left one lol
I have NO interest in the royal wedding whatsoever

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Apr 25, 11 2:01 PM
PowderMonkey wrote:
Bidme wrote:well Easter almost over here in the u.k 20:27 but due to a wedding!! and free bank holiday coming up plus SUN makes for most, a looong holiday Shame there really hasn't been a decent game to buy, I'm still waiting on a few CEs to go SE. not sure about this one its differant, but I get fed up with what I can't pick up, other then that.. might have been okay. What do I watch on Friday.. Wedding or the space Shuttle? okay Shuttle comp.... wedding TV why not both. Enjoy the rest of the day

Bidme, do you have the day off at the Royal Wedding?
OOOHH Yes I took an early retirement, Got fed up teaching people to drive.. Much rather pull my hair out most days with these games instead LOL

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Apr 25, 11 4:49 PM
I understand
Well, have a nice Royal Wedding, then!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 25, 11 5:00 PM
mcurty wrote: Thanks Shadow for this thread -- really like the idea!!!

Downloaded and played 30 min of trial. And it downloaded rather quickly for me seeing as how it is a 200+Mb file. No technical problems.

I'm impressed with improvements made since I played the Beta. The graphics are a little quirky, but I love them.

Stevie -- like the Stevie Says idea also. I'm always interested in your comments.

Thank you Mcurty!! but just to clarify, this idea should be credited to PowderMonkey! PMonkey posted a desire to see a thread like this in a CCC thread and I agreed, so I took the idea and ran with it!!

Thank you PowderMonkey!!! It will be nice to go to see all about a game in the C&R thread and then come here to have FUN!!!

ETA: Hey stevieferr!! It is nice to see you in this thread... thanks for popping in. LOL About that royal wedding: over here in the States they are advertising that you can buy a GENUINE REPLICA of the royal engagement ring!! ROFLOL I am not kidding!!

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 5:04:02 PM PST

jonrob
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jonrob on Apr 25, 11 6:27 PM
What is up with this game????? Sewing thread that looks like doggie doo doo, and looking for a hypodermical (that's not even a word) needle??? and forty-eleven cockroaches???? Am I being too critical or can I just blame it on old age?

We have been given a rash of trash lately. CE's that don't work properly, objects that are stuck in never never land (you know, that VERY DARK area up there somewhere) and now, instead of hiding objects in dark areas where you can't possibly find them without using the infamous hint button, the whole screen is dark and murky and everything is merged together in a junk pile.

Oh my, bless the ones that find this game worth playing. It's just not for me.

Sorry for the rant, and then again, maybe not

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 25, 11 8:22 PM
This is one of those games where I am thankful for the trial version because it saved me from wasting my money on this game.

The woman gets hit over her head with a crowbar by an unknown assailant, wakes up in a strange room, takes an aspirin for her headache, jumps out of a window to escape whoever hit her in the first place. No apparent injuries from that fall. First thought is to pick up her daughter from daycare, even though she doesn't know how long she's been unconscious. Goes to the daycare center, doesn't see her daughter, DOESN'T TRY TO WAKE UP THE DAYCARE OWNER WHO IS ASLEEP IN FRONT OF THE TV AND DOESN'T CALL THE POLICE TO REPORT HER DAUGHTER MISSING!!! AAARRRRGHH!

I have no idea how this turns out, whether the daughter is dead or the woman herself is dead, but because of the way the game has been structured, I don't care.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 27, 11 7:12 PM
Bpup wrote: DOESN'T TRY TO WAKE UP THE DAYCARE OWNER WHO IS ASLEEP IN FRONT OF THE TV AND DOESN'T CALL THE POLICE TO REPORT HER DAUGHTER MISSING!!! AAARRRRGHH!

seriously... my first thought was wake the b*tch up and get her to tell me what's happened to my kid... then make sure i get her busted for negligence! seriously! and at the phone on the second landing she actually says she doesn't need to call anyone right now - what!?!? hey, lady, your kid is missing and some pretty tough thugs are after you... what? you think she went for a play date? yeah! to the dead girl's house... and what do you care if she gets her doll back? she obviously is no substitute for someone who really knows something about finding this kid... screw her!

and the cockroaches!!!! okay, for all you folks out there who are afraid of snakes and scorpions and spiders and whatnot... this is my thing... growing up in the swamp will do that to a person - at least that's my belief... so DON'T make me go hunt down a bunch of them! i don't know whether to be or or just plain !!

okay, that's my rant... thanks for listening!

[Post New]by chris122049 on Apr 28, 11 3:44 PM
Do you have to hunt snakes and spiders and scorpions and cockroaches? I didn't know cockroaches were abundant in swamp areas. I grew up in a swamp area and it was mostly snakes and spiders.........?

[Post New]by baboabo on Apr 30, 11 4:10 PM
I am sooo glad I did not have to buy this game, it was free and good it should be free....awful....how many times we had to go to the childcare house right out of the blue from the scene we were at ... to me that was dumb, and it also took a long time to download....I also did not like the way we had to merge things to get them to work...sometimes it took a long time to figure things out. The story line was - pardon me....Stupid, untrue like, or whatever, Boy, I sure wasted my free points on this one...next time I will be more selective... By the way, the Royal Wedding was awesome !!!!! She was gorgeous, and he so handsome!!!!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 30, 11 9:23 PM
chris122049 wrote:Do you have to hunt snakes and spiders and scorpions and cockroaches? I didn't know cockroaches were abundant in swamp areas. I grew up in a swamp area and it was mostly snakes and spiders.........?

guess it depends on where the swamp is... down in beaufort, our home was always abuzz with some kind of critter... yes, we had snakes and mosquitoes as big as your fist... but there were also gigantic bugs commonly referred to as 'palmetto bugs' which are pretty much just huge *flying* cockroaches! ick!

so anything that even remotely resembles one... it makes my skin crawl! talk about a case of the heebie-jeebies.... ooohhh... get 'em away from me!!!

Jennypenny
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Jennypenny on Jul 7, 14 10:42 PM
I have five game credits but don't have a clue which one to buy? I like hidden object (Dire Grove, MKF Ravenhurst, 13 Skulls). Anything up to that level lately?
Thanks for all of your help.

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Nov 1, 14 7:08 PM
Why are all the discussion streams locked?
What's up with this?
Is anyone else having HUGE technical issues?
SFR8RFAN

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Nov 1, 14 7:10 PM
Jenny Penny: Have you played Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When you Can?
I think it's exceptional!

Go to: