robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Re:Post any Silent Scream: The Dancer technical issues here only

[Post New]by robinbucy on Apr 26, 11 4:36 PM
I'm also stuck at the doll. Uninstalled and reinstalled, but same thing. I have most up-to-date drivers.
Bummer

bjwhitt
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by bjwhitt on Apr 27, 11 7:46 AM
juliesden wrote:
Sante001 wrote:I get nothing but a black screen after the BF announcement. I will wait (hopefully) for an undate of this game before I delete. It looks like a good game.

OH! each time I ctrl-alt-del I loose minutes with the game and yet, I have not gotten any play time.

Please fix this game as I would love to give it a try.

I get the same, a black screen and control/alt/delete will only closed it and i lose play time!

Same thing here!

ee_99
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by ee_99 on Apr 27, 11 2:16 PM
bjwhitt wrote:
juliesden wrote:
Sante001 wrote:I get nothing but a black screen after the BF announcement. I will wait (hopefully) for an undate of this game before I delete. It looks like a good game.

OH! each time I ctrl-alt-del I loose minutes with the game and yet, I have not gotten any play time.

Please fix this game as I would love to give it a try.

I get the same, a black screen and control/alt/delete will only closed it and i lose play time!

Same thing here!

just the same thing here -
checked help ideas
updated video driver
no effect
third game in a row that does not work - very annoying

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 2:17:51 PM PST

[Post New]by tomwilcha on Apr 27, 11 3:37 PM
I lost the cursor at one point and game froze when i tried to sew on the button so had to control alt delete to get out. you would think that games would be checked before release but obviously not.

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Apr 28, 11 10:27 AM
Game froze and crashed for me too when I tried to saw the button on the doll. I was on the fence with this game anyway. Too much hand holding and not being able to pick up items you need until the moment you need them. The freeze and crash pretty much settled the issue for me. I uninstalled the game immediately. I rarely give a defective game another chance. If it won't work with my system as is, it's outta there.

[Post New]by BarbaraInWA on Apr 28, 11 4:20 PM
RinneAlex wrote:I am also having trouble with this game. Slow starting, get BF splash screen, then black with a cursor and nothing else. Have to quit through task manager. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but it didn't help. I have an ATI graphics card and am running XP. All other system requirements are met. Too bad, since this seems like a game I would really enjoy.

You basically reported my problem for me Same exact issue, same exact card and OS. Too bad...here's another game in the past week that I won't be buying : (

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 28, 11 5:23 PM
Hi everyone!

If you're encountering issues with Silent Scream: The Dancer crashing or freezing and you've already checked out the steps in our Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen help article, then please be sure to contact our Customer Support team.

They'll be able to help troubleshoot and can also gather information on the types of systems that are being affected by these errors, which they can then share with the game's developers. If you send in a Dr. Felix Report when you contact Customer Support, this will really help.

Customer Support can be reached anytime via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 30, 11 8:14 AM
sara56 wrote:Cannot finish the hospital. By mistake I went to Addams Street to early it seems. I do not think it should be a mistake, when the pointer to Addams Street is available?

Anyway, the minute I chose the pointer to Addams Street the screen said Chapter 6 (I think it was 6) - and then the morque key disappeared and now I cannot finish the hospital or get into the morque.

This must be a bug - please advise if I really have to start all over again to finish?

I hope we dont have to restart the game! Same thing happened but in the hospital lounge now I cannot access it grrrr.

Really dont want to replay from beginning.

xdolphine
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by xdolphine on Apr 30, 11 8:44 AM
sara56 wrote:Cannot finish the hospital. By mistake I went to Addams Street to early it seems. I do not think it should be a mistake, when the pointer to Addams Street is available?

Anyway, the minute I chose the pointer to Addams Street the screen said Chapter 6 (I think it was 6) - and then the morque key disappeared and now I cannot finish the hospital or get into the morque.

This must be a bug - please advise if I really have to start all over again to finish?

you can go back to hospital.. just get out from detective house, then click on the left screen to go to hospital.

[Post New]by sara56 on May 1, 11 8:07 AM
xdolphine wrote:

you can go back to hospital.. just get out from detective house, then click on the left screen to go to hospital.

Yes I know - but I cannot do anything there as the items in my inventory disappeared the minute I clicked on Addams Street.

[Post New]by pcartermundi on May 13, 11 2:41 AM
esmeqt wrote:My tech issue is a little different, though I did have to ctrl+alt+delete at one point and restart the game.

POSSIBLE SPOILER

I got all the way through and to the bonus section. I was able to access the stage panel with just the knife. Now I'm stuck with the rock and can't get the key to open the hidden door.

Any suggestions?

[Post New]by pcartermundi on May 13, 11 2:43 AM
I'm also having the same problem with the bonus chapter - I have the rock & know I need to use it on the 2nd floor, but the area is not active now that I left & came back. Any suggestions welcome.

[Post New]by forensicnut on May 15, 11 8:16 AM
Hi everyone
has anyone got any idea why everytime I click on the flower pot I'm back on the landing looking at the sparkly safe scene......it's driving me bonkers. I have clicked at least a hundred times to no avail. Can't finish game now. Sulk sulk!

[Post New]by SeasideSher on May 15, 11 7:35 PM
I almost finished Chapter VII and it started over at the beginning of VII. Anybody else have that problem? I hate starting over.

gale129
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by gale129 on May 20, 11 10:10 PM
When I combine the dull scissors and the stone/wheel/sharpner, nothing happens. In order to go on, I need sharp scissors to cut the rubber hose for the kitchen sink. Any ideas?

eienmomo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by eienmomo on Jun 27, 11 10:07 AM
i get the black screen, bfg logo then black screen again. takes about 5 mins off my total demo time each time i try it (i tried it twice). hate it when this happens cuz i don't know if it's a good game or not since i can't even play it. better luck next time...

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 4, 12 4:41 PM
this is a very fun game, i had NO problems with the game

sunloving
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sunloving on Jun 24, 12 11:30 AM
Game downloading and opened just fine until I reached the point where I needed to combine the hook and twig to open the attic door. I put both items in the lower box where they appeared to join (I couldn't move them to reposition), but when I clicked out of the box, they appeared separately in my inventory. I had no problems in the earlier scene where I had to get the lightbulb. I wanted to buy this as a DD today, but am skeptical of further problems. It would be too late to use the BFG help as I won't get a response until after the DD is over. Advice please?

quynne77
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by quynne77 on Jun 24, 12 4:11 PM
Hi Sunloving - I sent you a PM - you need three items not two!

[Post New]by smilingsun72 on Mar 2, 14 12:45 PM
Downloaded after purchasing. First time froze when I put the eye on the doll in chapter two. I had to ctrol-alt-del to get out of game. An error box came up and said game quit working. I removed the game thinking something didn't go in correctly while downloading and installing. I re-installed game, The same thing happened again in exactly the same place in game. I have pc with windows 7 and everything is up to date. Apparently this is an ongoing issue because the other comments I read the game kept freezing up at various points. I really wanted play this one ere played the next one but I guess not. Hope this issue gets resolved soon

Go to: