lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Ritual

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 26, 11 2:50 AM
I played the demo and really like the game Congrats DEV's and thx BF.I am going to buy this one..The game has a interestting story line..

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 26, 11 2:53 AM
Happygrams

Thank you so much, I appreciate that...I truly do

I've been seriously considering coming back...posting my reivews and all, I sure do miss you all very much

Maybe one day....

Happy Gaming

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 26, 11 2:55 AM
I was really cross when the hour ended, which is always a good sign! Great graphics as usual from Vogat, yes the hidden object scenes were on the 'junkpile' side but what do you expect? Not every item is going to be useful, otherwise you'd have a warehouse rather than an inventory to keep it all in. Objects weren't too hard to find anyway and fairly quick to get through. I loved the puzzles; the one with the skulls and dots was a real challenge and I was pleased with myself when I solved it!! Hopefully there are more like that.

As for the storyline, perhaps some may not like the theme but it's a game, not real life so not an issue for me. A definite buy and thanks to Vogat for another excellent game.

swissraven
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by swissraven on Apr 26, 11 3:04 AM
This is a must have for me , played 10 minutes of the demo and bought it.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 26, 11 3:05 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
orijojo wrote:
Down loading now.
Jo

(Removed by moderator)

wow great way to treat a newbie..... and she actually made a comment about beta testing the game...downloading now was not her whole post...

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 6:16:33 AM PST

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Apr 26, 11 3:33 AM
Have any of you finished the game or have figured out how long it is? I realize playing time varies from person to person, but I'd sure appreciate someone chiming in as to the length. Thanks in advance.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Apr 26, 11 3:37 AM
sassylassie wrote:It's Vogat. Which to me means good game! Enuff said

I agree 100%. Game seems excellent to me. Clear HOGS and good puzzles. Once again Kudos to Vogat.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 26, 11 3:55 AM
Yay! A really great standard priced HOG! Nice graphics, suspenseful story, not too easy at least for me.

Will definitely pick up next month

Yay!

[Post New]by lefteyeshut on Apr 26, 11 3:56 AM
I thought the point of a HOG was to find the object hidden in a pile of junk lol anyway good game. The grapics are good story line doesn't jump all over and not so dark you can't see where your going. It's a buy for me.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 26, 11 3:59 AM
paradoxno1 wrote:Downloading now at 78 percent

Did you hear about the new movie "Constipation?"...
It hasn't come out yet.

Hahahaha!

Sorry for being off topic but that was too funny not to acknowledge.

Edited to add a worthwhile comment about the game now that I've played it...

It took me a moment to realize that the inside of the cursor changed to show what action you could take versus the usual hand/arrow morph, if that made sense. Just that little change was enough to add a spark of interest that I've been losing in HOGs lately. That lighting at the door puzzle was different and I was very proud of myself for completing it without any help. I'm a genius!

I like the story, I like the well written dialog, I like the graphics and so far I really like the game. I had a credit hanging around and I felt getting this was a good way to spend it.

Vogat's usually a safe bet anyway, they produce quality games.

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 5:35:02 PM PST

[Post New]by heatherington on Apr 26, 11 4:10 AM
Humm, I was kind of hoping for a "Fine Swine" from Miss Lisa, but I guess I can settle for a "piglet". Screen shots look great! but we know they can be deceiving. I don't mind the hog pile because that is really what hidden object games are all about and I would rather find my object in a pile then have the whole scene be where you are suppose to look for your object. When the whole scene is used it is harder to find because you have such a spread out area, but that is just my personal opinion, so don't jump down my throat. I'm downloading now.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 26, 11 4:14 AM
Developer: VOGAT. Story: you’re a detective, helping FBI agent Johnson ‘get’ crazy Doc Brown! Side story: Your looking for your missing Sister. Action takes place in a spooky mansion belonging to aforesaid Crazy Scientist! OK! Ok. Dr Brown does something nasty to FBI agent, and he changes into a ‘zombie’ type thing! Glowing eyes, drool etc. It’s up to you to save the day, the agent and your sister!

Options:Sliders for Music/Sound. Also Custom Cursor (I know a lot of you like to switch to system one if game seems ‘slow‘ or ‘laggy‘!) Full Screen and Widescreen Options. On Full screen I still have the black bars, but I’m ok with that (as I don’t like to mess with my screen resolution). You can also choose Casual or Advanced Option at the beginning when you enter your name. I chose Advanced and there are still sparkles but not as many as some games lately.

The artwork is clear and crisp, and the H0G scenes are what I call ‘cluttered’ but clear enough if you just take a while to ‘scan the scene‘.

Overclick penalty in H0 scenes - About 10 cursors appear and swirl all over the screen. Bit of a ‘Did I have too much too drink last night’ moment here, but lasts about 10 seconds. Game cursor has usual modes: --- Speak to, Magnifying Glass, Gears, Hand (or pick up). Hint recharge: about 2 mins in Advanced Mode.

You have a Diary to consult (it also records anything of significance) and In the puzzles ‘Game Info’ pops up, click on this to learn how to play the puzzle. The Hint button at this point changes to ‘Skip’ (if required). The puzzles I encountered during the demo were ‘do this to get through the door’ type ones, a ‘switch the discs’ following set paths, a ‘move the lamps up and down’ (thought this one would take forever, as you have to find other things before you can complete this one!) and I was just in the garden, trying to open another door, with another good puzzle (one I didn’t want to skip!) so left the demo in order to write this. I will buy this one using a punch card credit, As the walkthrough isn't up yet, I don't know how far I was through the game, but I like to take my time and 'poke' into everything, so I'm pretty slow.

ETA: WARNING: Definite 'heart in mouth' jump HIGH moment after you solve one of the puzzles in the crypt!

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 7:31:09 AM PST

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 26, 11 4:28 AM
Please Orijojo, Kimvv, Rebecca Lily and Dead River
This part of the forum is for reviews and comments about the game. If you have a need to chat with one another, go to the chat section of the forum. This particular section is for reviews which we all depend on beofre purchasing and hoping to communicate once in a while with developers and BFG ( thought I doubt the latter happens much). We all try to keep with section focused and on point. Please assist us with this.
kris
(review to follow onceI've played ...hope it is not a H2O game.
kris

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 26, 11 4:53 AM
I did a Beta test on this game recently, and have been waiting for it to come out. The graphics are cartoon-y, but interesting and no bizarre angles. The story line is old, but so what? It's like meeting an old friend with a new hair style and clothing -- it's a comforting familiarity. The graphics are clear, the background sounds not annoying and it's a definite purchase for me. I'm happy.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Apr 26, 11 5:08 AM
Great reviews Cherb, Kelvarda, Ember! And Hooray for TerryMann!

Now, if we could just somehow avoid stepping in the smelly stuff that some wannabe (but failing miserably) comedians plop down on the sidewalk, we could have a fun dialogue about the GAME!

Vogat? Did somebody say Vogat? Almost gave up a credit without even trying the demo--that only lasted about 20 minutes though, b4 I hit the 'Purchase Now" button! I'm near the end of one of their CEs ("Gravely Silent") and I almost can't wait for that to end so I can start this one!

Good opening menu, good intro, good options (I especially liked the game cursor). The soundtrack and music sliders are really accurate, and for those folks who need it, Widescreen. Storyline--come to the rescue of a family member who's threatened by some psychopath--familiar? The dialogue fits that plot well--no FBI "over-the-top" jargon or acronyms, just the facts, Ma'am! Graphics are WAY artistic, and the hidden-object scenes are crisp and just challenging enough. Good hint system. Apparently, has deemed this game "worthy" of a W/T, but it's from December of 1969--hopefully they'll give us a newer version soon!

Hope Vogat keeps putting out these gems!

(And to the bathroom humor)

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 9:05:53 AM PST

ImLeza
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by ImLeza on Apr 26, 11 5:09 AM
I finished this game and feel like I've survived a bad date. Glad it's over. It looked like it had some potential aside from the junk piles, but the eventually I found myself rooting for the villain.( I wanted him to do something..anything ..to make the characters more interesting or at least send them out to play in traffic.) The puzzles were far too easy and the objects you need to further the game were either right under your nose or in such obscure places that logic would never have found them. However, the hint system is all too happy to tell you exactly where they are and hold your hand to get there whether you want it to or not. The developer could have taken a little more time and turned this idea into something stellar, but the whole premise of the story took a back seat to pushing it out and selling it to the masses. Maybe the developers should have a few of us hard core HOgamers to set them straight before they decide it's finished. Has anyone started a thread about what we think would make a perfect game? They should start with MCF Dire Grove and work their way from there.

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Apr 26, 11 5:10 AM
DeadRiver wrote:(removed by moderator)

LOL

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 10:06:11 AM PST

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Apr 26, 11 5:12 AM
Downloading now.

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Apr 26, 11 5:14 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
orijojo wrote:
Down loading now.
Jo

(Removed by moderator)

Download is done. It is installing now.

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 6:18:16 AM PST

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Apr 26, 11 5:16 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
DeadRiver wrote:(removed by moderator)

LOL!!! I do, but these "I am downloading" cause me constipation again...

Please be considerate and go far away before you explode.

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 10:07:23 AM PST

Go to: