Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Amanda Rose: The Game of Time

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Apr 27, 11 10:48 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I thought the game is okay. I don`t like it enough for wanting to buy it now, but maybe later (for example if I need another punchcode on my card) or if its a daily deal someday).

Agree.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Apr 27, 11 11:17 AM
I played 15 minutes and definitely a "buy" for me. So nice (so far) not to have a depressing, dark, horror-type game for a change. I will wait until the first of the month to use one of my punch card credits.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Apr 27, 11 11:27 AM
The game was nice enough as far as graphics, music and stuff but way too easy. I mean here we go again -- oooh, the door is locked, guess I need a key. Duh, do you think?

And I don't like not being able to pick up something that I know I'm going to need later anyway. I'd rather be able to pick it up when I see it and then try and figure out where to use it. I found the mini games extremely easy. Sorry, but I prefer something more challenging, but it was nicely done.

Kris_Cross, you'll enjoy the Snark II. I couldn't wait and bought it already. It's great.

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 11:31:09 AM PST

carkopp
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by carkopp on Apr 27, 11 11:53 AM
Barbee? I really didn't care for this game so I'm not going to spend my money on it. I didn't much care for yesterday's game, either, which you just made me realize I have enough money now to buy a CE! Thanks!

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 11:54:07 AM PST

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Apr 27, 11 12:57 PM
I think this is a great game. Some of the objects are small, but they are the size they would be if looking for them in reality. For example, a pipe is not 3 inches of the screen, but the size it should be for the scene. As noted before, the chapters are very short, but, with 15 chapters, it will take me at least 2 hours, maybe longer, which is fine for a 'regular' game. The graphics are crisp and clear and you have the option of custom or system cursor, which is great, because the custom cursors usually irritate the heck out of me. The cut scenes are comics, which I don't care for personally, but it doesn't take away from the interest of the game enough to make a difference. I like the originality of the mini games I've played so far and finding objects that aren't visible to the naked eye so to speak isn't difficult either. You just have to take time to find out where they are, which is hard to do, I suppose, if you want to click through the game and be done with it in an hour. I, however, enjoy playing the games I purchase and don't get in a hurry or try to finish in a certain amount of time so I have 'bragging rights' as to being the person who finished the most quickly. THUMBS UP FOR THIS ONE!

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Apr 27, 11 1:13 PM
I really wanted to like this game as it seemed interesting,at first, but I found it to be repetitive and dull.There was too much picture dialogue, and the chapters were too short,which to me,made them boring.Oh well....

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 27, 11 1:42 PM
Didn't much care for the cartoon-like dialogue, but at least you could skip through it. Graphics were okay, items not difficult to find, games very easy. Not a bad game. Has 15 chapters, but they are very short. Got to Chapter 7 before my hour ran out. This is one I have to think about. If I just "have" to buy a game, this will be it. Otherwise, I will wait to see what comes tomorrow.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 27, 11 2:58 PM
I bought this one when it first came out, and played it on March 4th. I had some fun with it. I also had fun with the soft release of Diamon Jones...I played that one earlier too. How strange it is to me, that both games released today, I had already bought elsewhere. Good thing I have been busy and so I still have a couple I haven't finished...Silent Scream and Dark Ritual. Oops, guess I shouldn't post this in the C&R, but who really cares, lol.

KATE60
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by KATE60 on Apr 27, 11 3:30 PM
too much faffing about for me in this game. dialog and captions boring pretty tedious game maybe ok for some but not me .

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Apr 27, 11 4:21 PM
No game bugs or technical issues. Screen loads were fast. Game mechanics are a bit different than the "norm" but once you get used to it, it's not too bad or cumbersome. Music was ok, story was ok, graphics were ok. I guess that's the gist of this game - it's "ok".

There are a few things I didn't like. First off, the game is very easy. Mini-games are nice and fairly original but not very difficult. Second, there are some VERY small items to find. It's not too bad since the graphics are ok, but some were small enough I really couldn't even tell what they were. Third, there is a LOT of dialogue that has to be clicked through (or skipped). Last, but not least, the game is VERY short. There are a lot of chapters (15) but they are easy and moderately short. I got through chapter 5 in 23 minutes. I would estimate that the entire game can be played in about an hour; definitely less than 1.5 hours. I didn't hurry through and read the cut scenes but since the game is so easy, it just doesn't take long to complete a chapter. Since the file was so large, I guess I was expecting more.

It's a nice, easy game that's pleasant to play with above average graphics so I give this 3 and 1

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 4:25:18 PM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 27, 11 4:39 PM
carkopp wrote:Barbee? I really didn't care for this game so I'm not going to spend my money on it. I didn't much care for yesterday's game, either, which you just made me realize I have enough money now to buy a CE! Thanks!

LOL - I mentioned a few months ago, when the pickin's were slim on good $6.99 games, that maybe BFG was intentionally giving us bad SE games so that we would be able to save up and afford the great CE games being offered!

Unfortunately, my game funds went toward new tires for the kids' car this month, so unless I do some creative bookkeeping I'll be just doing the demos for the next few days and purchasing them all next week.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 27, 11 4:44 PM
I have played about 40 minutes of the demo -at this point I am really enjoying the game -graphics are good, bright and clear -puzzles are not too complicated - the hidden objects are just challenging enough to not make you crazy. I actually haven't even paid attention to the music -may have it turned down a bit. The only thing that I can see that may not be a buy for me, is that the chapters (15 total I believe) go pretty fast. Of course, I am just playing the demo but at the rate that I am going, within the demo, seems like a short game.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Apr 27, 11 7:12 PM
Not bad but not great--just an average HOG. The hint button is helpful and VERY useful; I wouldn't have been able to find half of the objects without it, as most of them were quite tiny and were often the same color as their backgrounds. The only glitch I found was that clicking the dialogue boxes didn't always work; the words didn't always appear as the box did. I found that irritating and just sped through them as quickly as possible.

The premise of the game--that you have to find your lost father who is okay but in some unknown location--isn't bad. I was glad that for a change, ghosts, demons and curses weren't involved; this made the game a bit different.

I think that, if not for the size and coloration issue, I'd have rated the game B+. As it is, the virtual invisibility of small objects and the resultant painful eyestrain force me to mark it down to a C.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Apr 27, 11 7:18 PM
I'm with Angelfish 106 - what a s-l-o-w-w-w- game. The music (for want of a better description) is sleep inducing at the least. I don't want this "game" as a gift even. I usually praise when it is due but this merits nothing. (like King John, it has no redeeming features!!!) I wanted to like it because it's not as creepy as some of the recent offerings but it's not for me at all.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 27, 11 7:34 PM
Thanks for all the reviews here, especially the ones that mentioned the length of the game. I reached the train track puzzle just as my demo hour was up, so I was nearly halfway through, and I've decided that I don't have the money to purchase a game that would only last about another hour.

Like others, I found the game a little frustrating because some of the objects were small, but I appreciated the developers' creativity in combining item search, locked items, and interactive use of items. I did think that the game had too much blah-blah, which also was quite slow to scroll through. I did, however, enjoy the demo hour!

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Apr 27, 11 8:29 PM
I enjoyed the game demo. Not sure I agree with many of the complaints I am reading, and I'm not going to delve into a discourse here since thee seems to be so many fin ripping going on in the C&R threads when so & so doesn't agree with so & so it's just ridiculous.
Just suffice it to say I thought the game was fine, but I'll be waiting until I get my punchcard codes next months to get this one...since there will be plenty of them!

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Apr 27, 11 10:38 PM
Nope...not a buy for me at all! I found the objects way too small. I also found that I was clicking all over the place hoping to land on the right object. And keys! I don't think I have ever had to locate so many keys! I still have no idea what the object of the game is. The demo ended with Amanda in the sheriffs office...and he's distracted by a broken clock when there are robbers to be caught?? Ooooh kay...I guess that's realistic and makes a whole lot of sense.

Then there was the dialogue cut scenes...click click click...okay okay...get on with it already!

The graphics were nice, nothing special though.

I MAY consider this one if it goes DD...but not at full price. I just can't deal with all the small teeny tiny objects.

Oh well......so much for this one.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Apr 27, 11 10:42 PM
yourshannygirl wrote:I enjoyed the game demo. Not sure I agree with many of the complaints I am reading, and I'm not going to delve into a discourse here since thee seems to be so many fin ripping going on in the C&R threads when so & so doesn't agree with so & so it's just ridiculous.
Just suffice it to say I thought the game was fine, but I'll be waiting until I get my punchcard codes next months to get this one...since there will be plenty of them!

Ya know, I understand your concern...but you are just as entitled to make negative comments as those who have positive ones are entitled to theirs. I wasn't impressed with the game at all and felt no qualms at all to speak up about it. If someone doesn't like that fact...SE LA VIE.

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 10:44:25 PM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Apr 27, 11 11:21 PM
I'm on the fence with this one... I played for 15 minutes and it all just seemed like WORK. I wasn't entertained just frustrated with the tedium of find this... oh wait now find this... then find this... then this... oh the room is locked find a key... oh wait you can't find the key until you find the code... and on and on... it seemed like I spent a ton of time looking at one single scene just with one thing after another to do. I guess they are trying to make it not a straight hog but... I dunno... it just wasn't fun. And the one puzzle I did get to in that time was mind numbingly simple. Maybe on DD some day when there's nothing else better to play.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 27, 11 11:52 PM
gamergirl675 wrote:I'm on the fence with this one... I played for 15 minutes and it all just seemed like WORK. I wasn't entertained just frustrated with the tedium of find this... oh wait now find this... then find this... then this... oh the room is locked find a key... oh wait you can't find the key until you find the code... and on and on... it seemed like I spent a ton of time looking at one single scene just with one thing after another to do. I guess they are trying to make it not a straight hog but... I dunno... it just wasn't fun. And the one puzzle I did get to in that time was mind numbingly simple. Maybe on DD some day when there's nothing else better to play.

From my point of view, you hit the nail on the head. This game just wasn't all that fun because it was too linear. You just couldn't explore at all!

Go to: