caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Found this a nicely relaxing game

[Post New]by caput on Apr 29, 11 9:30 AM
after battling through Fallen Shadows. Well done graphics, cute characters and much easier on the eye finding things. Found I could ignore flashing arrows after a bit and really enjoyed the trial. Sadly I will be purchasing this game also even though I swore there would be no more this month. Oh well....

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Allora and The Broken Portal

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Apr 29, 11 10:10 AM
It didn't do much for me either ..... Kinda glad .....bought 2 games that I already regret ... Don't need another .... Too much Fairy in that tale ....

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Apr 29, 11 10:39 AM
Love the mouse.. the graphics are great and enjoyed the storyline. Trying to deceide it I want to buy it or not. The puzzles seem quite easy and the HOG's are not hard to find. Don't like the flashing arrow but guess I will have to put up with it. A nice change and have a cute game.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Apr 29, 11 10:44 AM
Only just d/l and played the demo for 20 mins and its a buy for me .I like that you dont have to run around too much and the arrows dont bother me .Nice clear graphics , never bother too much with the story so flick through usually just need a good game tomorrow and another p/card filled . Hope you all enjoyed THE WEDDING I loved it enjoy the rest of your day .

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Apr 29, 11 11:55 AM
I hate any sort of cartoon-like graphics so wasn't impressed with this game on that aspect. It also went from one **** scene to the next with hardly a shread of storyline.

I got very bored after ten minutes and exited the game. No buy for me.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 29, 11 12:52 PM
I really enjoyed this game, its a good break in between my fav's (the dark-spooky games).

Thanks for the great reviews which helps my decision making. Graphics and colors are a nice break. I am on the fence with this game, one person mentioned FRAGS in this game. So far I have not seen any. If this game has frags I will not purchase.

The blinking direction arrows are a little irritating in the beginning and I thought several of the screens didnt stay up long enough, I had to make a decision to enjoy and appreciate the scenes or read the subtitles and miss some of the artwork.

Happy game day to all fishies

boo hoo.. I need one more game this month lol for punchcard.

Edited on 04/29/2011 at 1:39:11 PM PST

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 29, 11 1:09 PM
I must be in the minority about this game. Yes, it was cute and cheerful. I don't think the gra[hics were all that, they reminded me of Brunhilda and that game I never did finish..which is shameless. It just sits on my desktop calling weakly to me. This game has the same feel. It's cute, is too HOG focused. YOu open into the first scene and what do you see...and huge list of stuff to find. Sugh, okok, I'll look for them and then you get the extra goodie of jewls and such. The first mini game was much too easy.
I don't know who they are writing this game for..certainly not children, they'd lose patience immediatly when they see that list of stuff. Adults? SPose so, but this adult really doesn't enjoy cartoon graphics. It's somewhat annoying artwise.
As far as the comment about Voodoo..I too hate shleping all over the place but it's is wicked clever. I loved going outside and truely finding a junk pile...drawn as a junk pile. I think the dev. had fun with that game.
kris

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Apr 29, 11 1:11 PM
I find this game just okay. Scenes are light and charming, but there just isn't much to do. Way too many HOG scenes, games are extremely easy, as are interactive activities. Those who are looking for a game to play with children or grandchildren might enjoy this.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 29, 11 1:15 PM
I was really disappointed when my hour demo ran out. It seemed like I had just started the game. The hidden object scenes were pretty easy and the hint button refreshes very quickly, but it never got boring to me. There is a slight penalty for too many wrong clicks, but it is very generous. The graphics are perfect for the theme of fairies, etc. The storyline was interesting as well. The most wonderful thing, I thought, was the music which lulled me into a peacefulness that made the game that much more enjoyable. I didn't even keep track of where I got to in my hour since I was enjoying it so much. The minigames were also pleasant. A definite purchase for me. Thanks BF!

Edited on 04/29/2011 at 1:17:38 PM PST

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Apr 29, 11 2:06 PM
pvsquare wrote:I notice that most fishes do not like this game but I do. I like HOG games and will be buying this one. It is not too sugary and you do not have to play a female character.

Hi there, pvsquare......I agree with you....I don't find the game too sugary at all as well and you are right, not playing a female character is great for a change ....also, you said that you noticed that most fishes don not like the game but keep in mind that there is only a very small percentage of fishes that even post...like in response to Comments and Reviews, there is only 51 (now 52 counting me out of 3674 that have commented. I am sure there are alot more fishes that also love the game, so we are definitely not alone ....Happy Gaming!

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Apr 29, 11 2:14 PM
I really like this game, but I WILL wait until Sunday, May 1 so I can start a new card! This is a beautiful, fun and interesting game, which I guess I didn't expect. I just hated when the demo ran out!

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Apr 29, 11 2:45 PM
poppy85 wrote:I've just finished the hour's trial. It's pretty, but not enough for me to buy. Just H.O. scenes and a couple of fairly standard puzzles.

Back to the Royal Wedding now..... so that'll be me stuck in front of the telly all day.

Enjoy your day fishies.

Poppy

Me, too. It would be great for kids though -- really makes you think and the graphics were really beautiful I thought but not challenging enough for me.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 29, 11 2:48 PM
Nice game, graphics good considering they are cartoon-like, not much into the story line, just playing the game. Fairly easy ****'s and games. Games nice and some different than the usual. Got to chapter 6 before my hour ran out. Will think on this one. More for the "new to the pond fishies." I prefer something more challenging. Spent too much money this month already.

[Post New]by fay_druid on Apr 29, 11 4:11 PM
Other than being called "human" as if I was a lower species, I love this game. It's buy for me.

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on Apr 29, 11 4:17 PM
I don't mind an easy, light-hearted HOG, but this one is too repetitive and doesn't have much of a story line to redeem it. It's just find the objects with some very, very simple puzzles. After 25 minutes, I deleted it.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Apr 29, 11 4:28 PM
Cute, and delightful in many ways, although I'm really getting tired of
Hidden Object games. I might have overlooked this, but the combination
of those %$&^# arrows and the extremely annoying mis-click penalty
make this a no-buy for me. They must have gone to some trouble to add
these irritations, and why? Anyone who invented that adorable mouse
couldn't be sadistic, right?

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 29, 11 4:43 PM
I have read the reviews and just finished the demo. I agree the game is cute, the story is very pleasant and graphics are nice. It's also very repetitive and simple. This is a great game for a twelve year old. I played the whole hour demo to see if anything changed is you progressed. It didn't. It's straight hidden object with a easy mini game on each level. If my grand daughter were old enough to read a bit better (kindergarten) I think I would purchase it for her but it's just not for me.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Apr 29, 11 6:34 PM
As countless others have said this is a lovely little game. Pretty subdued graphics and no dark scenes or teeny tiny items. It is a nice, sweet game but a little too simple for me and the puzzles are very easy.

Have to agree that the arrows flashing in all the HOG scenes is very, very annoying. I really wanted to like it enough to buy it but it is just one HOG scene after another and the story was just too simple for my likes. To those who enjoy - have fun. I might consider this as a DD but not full price. Happy gaming...

[Post New]by 1corvette on Apr 29, 11 7:12 PM
can anyone please tell me when we are to expect our game credits? last two months ive had to remind bf two wks into the new month.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 29, 11 7:33 PM
Bear with me, as I have since just started reviewing games. I find this game very light and intriguing - graphics are large and clear -appealing to the eye. The music has a Celtic tone, which to me is soothing. Something different from the dark and eerie games as of late. I don't mind those at all, but this is a nice change -something fun and pleasant to play. I too could do without the pulsing arrows, but that is just a minor hinderance in comparison to the rest of the game.

I have been playing Totem Tribe Gold and have been testing some games out to play in between - This one looks good to me

Edited on 04/29/2011 at 7:36:05 PM PST

Go to: