snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker

[Post New]by snoopy13 on May 1, 11 9:18 PM
I read that the bonus content in the CE wasn't long enough to justify the price so I'm excited to see the SE out already. Downloading now!

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on May 1, 11 11:07 PM
What a remarkable game, the C/E must have been wonderful.

Jo

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 11:09:13 PM PST

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on May 2, 11 10:25 AM
A very good game. One of the best I have had the opportunity to play recently. Best of all, absolutely no tech problems.

catfishsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by catfishsue on May 2, 11 12:36 PM
Just finished this game and am really blown away. It took me 2 days (cleaning house, cooking, etc.) and I just loved it. Just enough difficulty in the quest that I did not have to go to the S. Guide. I loved the creepy music, and graphics were great, hidden objects easy to locate. The one hour trial of this game does not do it justice. I did not get hook on the trial, but bought the SE for lack of any other game I liked. I can't recall playing a game from these creators. But will look for them.

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on May 2, 11 1:35 PM
Played the Demo of the CE and loved it, but rarely spend extra on Bonus content, and missed the Easter special. Boo hoo, Treating myself to the SE with my punchcard reward. I've got 6 this month, Fabulous! But as I can't wait for the Fishie email, I've downloaded the SE demo anyway, just to remind me why I liked this game so much. Yep, still great!

[Post New]by Tiffanip1202 on May 2, 11 9:47 PM
tehi wrote:DANG!!!! Big Huge Senior Moment.......I bought this game weeks ago and to anybody that cares loved it Thanks to Poutoule (LoL) and shadowfax for pointing this out.

PS... Does anyone really care about wallpapers??? Just curious and suspicious

lol! I have wondered this myself, the LAST thing I care about are the wallpapers! Having the SG included is the ONLY reason, well that and extra play, that I will spend $13.99 pn a game. Being broke as heck for so many months now has limited my CE purchases, but I do like my SG's!

I have played the demo, liked it, but was half asleep, waiting for school clothes for my kids to finish in the wash/dryer, so I am keeping my options open and playing 1 more game before making a choice on which one to "spend" my free game on. This in the top running, I liked it quite a bit, I actually got a little spooked, sitting outside (smoking) and playing in the dark at 2am, lol! ~Tif

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on May 3, 11 2:11 AM
This is one of the best games I have played in ages. Sure, I could do without yet another ghost story - but it had a romantic edge to it, as well as a scary one. I love those fast screen shifts - very spooky! The graphics were A1, the music, thoroughly enjoyable - and really added atmosphere to the game. I really enjoyed it - great length, new scenes opening up all the time - great atmos and unpredictable. Excellent. I can't wait for the next one - though maybe we can have some evil characters that aren't always ghosts? Just for something different?

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

great game

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on May 3, 11 11:43 AM
this game is a really good game and challenging for me I really enjoyed playing it and will be playing it again right away

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on May 3, 11 3:59 PM
Poutoule wrote:
tehi wrote:
Poutoule wrote:When it was issued as a CE, I posted that it was THE CE to have, I still think it, so SE must be really good.
Lovely graphics, good story, good music, creepy.
A grand game.
Was this game a CE? and now an SE? I'm confused...

Some games are first issued as CEs (extra bit to play, wallpapers, etc) and a few weeks later a new, less long, version is issued that's how a CE morphes into a SE.
Almost ALL games these days seem to be released as a CE first, and then, four-to-six weeks later, the SE arrives. I never buy the CE version, but I usually play the demo version of it. If I like it, and later buy the SE version, I get to start the game from scratch.

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on May 3, 11 5:29 PM
I see the game getting good reviews. I played the demo in CE and again in SE, and I truly don't see how this game gets rated so highly. Graphics, granted, in my opinion, are not superior, but borderline average. There is nothing, other than the title, that tells you the object of the game. And that doesn't tell you much. Find/Kill?

Compared with other games recently purchased, I'll wait for something better. After two trys at the demo, a definite no-buy.

Wildfire54
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Wildfire54 on May 3, 11 7:40 PM
One of the BEST games I have played in ages!! I LOVED it. Graphics were good, story line was awesome, I loved the challenge with no hand holding. This I didn't want to end.. can't say enough good about it

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on May 4, 11 7:22 AM
What a cracking game! Unlike other fishes the graphics put me off a bit at the start because they seemed so dour but they fitted the game superbly. I actually jumped at the jack-in-the box and the drawing at the end was pure Hitchcock!

Many thanks.

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on May 4, 11 10:53 AM
I downloaded this a few minutes of demo and am really enjoying it. Playing in harder mode and I find that it helps to have a few more minutes to work things out for myself
Rea.lly enjoyable

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 4, 11 2:45 PM
Great Game!
The Graphics were beautiful with a style very fitting to the story of this game. Some of the special effects used were fantastic and set the mood perfectly.

Music added to the atmosphere of the game and kept me immersed in the environment.

Game play had a lot more adventure than many iHOG games. Wandering around trying to figure out where to go and what to do was an integral part of the game and made it much more enjoyable to me than games that "lead" me around.

The H0 scenes were well done with appropriate items in the scenes. Graphics made them enjoyable to play. Some of the interactive items within the H0 scenes were very funny and/or fun to do.
Examples:
SPOILER!!!***putting goggles on the skull to make four-eyes; shooting darts to make a bulls eye
I loved the HINT button. It not only gave hints in the H0 scenes, but also gave hints on where to go and what to do throughout the game. There was no need for a walk through or strategy guide because the HINT button gave you plenty of help.

Sparklies were visible in the game, but were unobtrusive. They didn't appear immediately and "smack" you in the eyes. Usually I was allowed to wander a bit before small sparklies began to show up. They were more like Hints.

One of the creepiest, scary games that I have played. I actually jumped a time or two because of unexpected happenings. The video/graphic effects were exceptionally well done.

Storyline was not unique or unusual, but was presented very mysteriously. I liked the introduction of the Native American culture into the game. Whether realistic or not, it added to the mystery.

Ending- SPOILER!!!
The story ended completely -- there was closure and it was not a surprising end. Then there was an add-on that left room for a continuation to the series. This left me wondering why? It almost spoiled the game for me because I did not feel it was necessary at all.
Enjoyed playing this game a lot. It met all the criteria that I consider in a great casual game.!!

[Post New]by LadyXXXHolic on May 4, 11 3:44 PM
I have a question. My BFF and I have played several CE games where the bonus chapter was either pointless and added nothing to the story, or glitched so we didn't get to see the end. Is the bonus in this game worth it? Does it even tell us anything?

As for the game, I liked it but it would be better if there were more story and character development. Most of the plot is guess work and you don't get to know enough about any of the characters to care about them. (Even the girl we followed here!) A few more scares wouldn't hurt either. I am curious to see if there's a sequel and if there is I'll take a look.

Standard Edition = B- Good but needs a few tweeks.

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on May 5, 11 4:10 AM
I loved the game and thought it was the best SE I've played in a long time. I esp. liked that the ending was a real ending, it suggested that there would be another game but really finished the game instead of leaving a cliffhanger ending that just dropped the ball.

Great game and I can't wait to buy the next one. I agree, the hint button saved me a lot of headaches and worked great in every scene I needed to use it. Didn't give away the answer but pointed the way toward it. I think the developers really put a lot of thought into it.

I also liked the Native American ritual at the end. It just made the story more believable like it could have really happened. The ending was just right. Left enough of a "hook" for the next game but really finished the story.

Thanks BF and developers! Really made a rainy week go by fast. Great job!

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on May 5, 11 11:50 AM
Totally excellent game, loved every bit of it. Even had the music on which is rare for me. Like a lot of folk I don't buy CE's, don't really think they're worth the bit extra, but do help with a punch card - strategy you see. Played demo of CE and knew that I would buy SE as soon as it appeared. Love, Love, Love.

Miridau
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Miridau on May 5, 11 12:13 PM
Absolutely fantastic game. One of the best I have played in a while. Will definitely play it again in a few weeks. That's two good ones this week. ( I bought Spirits of Mystery, Amber Maiden, CE.) Probably get withdrawal symptons waiting for the next brilliant one!!

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on May 5, 11 5:53 PM
Just finished it and can't wait for the next one. This was a really good story line...I even listened until the very end. The hint button is very helpful and even directs you to the next location. All in all, a two thumbs up.

pkrh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by pkrh on May 5, 11 6:03 PM
Groan - this is a really LONG game for me - what do I know about machinery and other rusty stuff? LOL! I really like this game - not as easy as some I have played.

Go to: