THE END????

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

Re:THE END????

[Post New]by angelfishsb on May 11, 11 12:59 PM
If they think I am just going to jump and buy the second part of this game, they may have made a mistake. My memory is such that I am going to forget all about that this game had a part two and not jump right in. You shouldn't play this kind of game with us boomers, we forget too easily.

[Post New]by Jeffsma on May 11, 11 5:29 PM
ok, this sucked. I thought the game was ok but that the graphics were too washed out. Personally I have no intentions of buying the next version. I learn slowly but I do learn. I don't know if I'll buy another CE either. Dirty pool guys.

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on May 12, 11 10:21 AM
Very Very short for a CE game.

[Post New]by Stormswindnrain on May 12, 11 3:34 PM
I too was disappointed in the ending. Was not worth the extra money for the CE.

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on May 12, 11 3:38 PM
Not wishing to hijack this thread but I am still waiting for Bitten Love & Death part 2 to be released (if ever??!!) and that was months back when I played part 1 ....

No not a good way to end a CE thanks for posting this by the way I like to know what I'm buying and if it's got a sequel then i'll wait for the SE or maybe not bother at all

thanks people

wrennie
Minnow
Minnow
276 Posts

[Post New]by wrennie on May 13, 11 5:49 AM
I don't normally buy collector's editions ( money is tight ) but I bought this one. I was not disappointed in the game and I wasn't disappointed at the ending. I was happy to know that there is going to be a part 2 so the game will go on. I was, however, upset that to be able to know the ending I have to spend more money. There have been other games ( PuppetShow Joyville) had an ending that was unfinished and they made a sequel but it wasn't a CE. This game did not warrant a CE status since there was no bonus play or anything further than a standard game.

[Post New]by LexiconDST on May 15, 11 1:02 AM
Ugh, this was NOT worth the extra money!! As everyone else said the game was TOO short for a CE.

Visually pretty, liked the antique items, not too much new lore about NOLA, but at least there were a couple of characters of color. As a woman of color, I'd like more of that.

We all knew she was going to be pushed in. I never trusted the mayor nor his mom, especially since the tower was never really a cleared area.

I've been with BFG a long time, and even stayed after BSG didn't last and those games didn't get integrated into BFG, but I'm questioning my monthly expenditure on this site.

[Post New]by LexiconDST on May 15, 11 1:04 AM
maddee51 wrote:Not wishing to hijack this thread but I am still waiting for Bitten Love & Death part 2 to be released (if ever??!!) and that was months back when I played part 1 ....

No not a good way to end a CE thanks for posting this by the way I like to know what I'm buying and if it's got a sequel then i'll wait for the SE or maybe not bother at all

thanks people
Agreed, and I understand why you brought it up, it was similar, except a longer game than this one. I hope these companies don't take as long as the Mystery Case Files folks do! I love their games, but they take a while to create. I don't begrudge that, since, or the most part, the quality is pretty high.

[Post New]by Barbara445 on May 15, 11 10:41 PM
i agree~ This game was not worth the money. I hated the ending! i like everyone else. I will have forgotten the game if the second part even comes out. I will have to see it to believe it. I like the game ok. but it wasnt worth 13.99.

[Post New]by STEPPINHIGH on May 18, 11 1:36 AM
BIG DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by critrcrazy on May 18, 11 3:17 PM
Ok, that does it. Not going to buy another CE...ever again. I'll just wait for the 'regular' edition. This game was a HUGE disappointment. It sure wasn't worth the extra $$$, so that will be the last CE I ever buy.

gparadox
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by gparadox on May 28, 11 12:55 PM
This is crazy. You spend the extra money expecting more game play at the end, but it says it was included in the game itself.
What ould the game had played like with those removed. I'd would probably not have spent anything on it.
Now I guess i will have to wait, how long for the next series to come out.
Guess what will hapen when it comes out as a CE?
,,, see ya

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 3, 11 5:23 PM
Big Ditto on what every one said. Real disappointment this game is. Too short for a CE. Shame on the Devs., Big Fish or whomever is responsible for charging a CE price for this game. Was not worth it.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 4, 11 8:14 AM
gparadox wrote:This is crazy. You spend the extra money expecting more game play at the end, but it says it was included in the game itself.
What ould the game had played like with those removed. I'd would probably not have spent anything on it.
Now I guess i will have to wait, how long for the next series to come out.
Guess what will hapen when it comes out as a CE?
,,, see ya

Hi there gparadox

Re The BONUS chapter 'The Hotel': This integrates nicely with the story in the CE, and will not affect the outcome or the story in the SE. The BONUS play was there, you just played it in the 'middle' instead of at the end. I don't see the difference. And I for one, will be looking forward to the next installment.

Kel

Dan2678
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Dan2678 on Jun 5, 11 11:36 AM
I really wish I had read all these posts before I bought this game,the game play was great,the storyline was great and I was enjoying it immensely right up until the so-called end.It left so many questions unanswered at the moment and really felt like only half a game!.I dont mind it in games when the bad guys escape and come back to menace you in the sequel but to end it like that really made me feel cheated.

wcxpyi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by wcxpyi on Jun 12, 11 1:18 AM
Are you kidding? To be continued--give me a break.

DaniForbes
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by DaniForbes on Jun 17, 11 7:35 PM
Susanlb10 Sorry folks, I'm not buying any of it: your lame excuses about game club credits and recycled games. I'm a really long-time member, so it's kind of sad.[/quote wrote:

I'm kinda right there with you. I know I'm not very far up the food chain but I still have been around here quite some time and am becoming exasperated at the different gimmicks to get a buck that are FAR too prevalent these days. Oh, well. Looks like I'll be shopping for a new game gig soon. Dammit! LOL

sissymaria
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sissymaria on Jun 18, 11 3:09 PM
I think the way it ended was lousy!!!! And talk about intergrating the bonus chapter into the game. SNEAKY........

[Post New]by krzykathy on Jun 18, 11 3:21 PM
Really?

nightmusk
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by nightmusk on Jun 19, 11 1:33 AM
i agree with the majority of posters here
i too felt dissapointed with the ending
i buy CE games for the extra bonus content