jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 1, 11 5:17 AM
This is driving me crazy! I swear I've played this game before. Perhaps I did a beta test and have forgotten? Anyway, I rather like the graphics, although I have had to use the hint several times already. I seem to remember it gets better farther into the game, but I definitely remember that maze and moving furniture around. At any rate, it will be my first purchase for the month. The music is nice background stuff, and although voice acting might be nice, I'll go with the text. Nothing new or out of the ordinary, but an interesting IHOG.

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on May 1, 11 5:40 AM
WELCOME BACK GOOFYDUCK. I DON'T POST MUCH BUT READ MANY REVIEWS. YOURS HAVE BEEN MISSED.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 6:03 AM
sassylassie wrote:
shadowfax44 wrote:I played this beta a while back and it looked really good! Great graphics and very good HOG scenes with many active areas to search and wander amongst. I can't wait to finish playing this one...

Well if my friend says it's good it's definitely worth the download. And I downloaded it and the graphics rock! Definitely a purchase here. Doh! Just read this is the next one in the series Murder Amongst Friends, definite purchase. I can see the hidden objects no problem on my laptop that has a 16.9 inch screen or my 22 inch desktop screen.

Thank you Sassylassie! I think it is a very fun game and a big step up by the Devs from the first game which was good but also was mostly a straight HOG. This is much more interactive and entertaining IMHO.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on May 1, 11 6:12 AM
<:0 ) YAY goofyduck is back!!!!!!! You were sorely missed. So glad to see you!!!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on May 1, 11 6:29 AM
Good reviews, all! Especially our esteemed goofyduck--glad to see your post!

I played just about 30 minutes of the demo, and it's got a from me so far. The storyline--a Countess has been found murdered, and the gendarmerie has requested our help in the investigation--a start to a good "Whodunit"! The options menu has the goodies that we usually like, including cursor choice (custom one worked fine on my "mature" machine). What really caught my eye, though, was the crisp, clear, colorful watercolor-type artistry--I think that's gonna be the forte of this game. Sound FX and musical background were a good fit; the sub-titled dialogue (no voice acting) made perfect sense with the plotline.

Ok--to some of the details--the hidden-object scenes are challenging, with a capital "C"! I've never seen so many briar-and-bramble-and tree root-patches in my life that can hide so much stuff! The quickly-re-upping hint system will get a workout! Two mini-games so far--a progressive maze, and moving furniture around--both pretty easy. This is an IHOG, so there are inventory items to be collected--they seemed to be used soon after finding them--no big footlocker to lug around, I guess! Obviously, I can't comment on length--the W/T isn't up, but as an astute earlier reviewer noted, the file size is much larger than the previous game--who knows?

I've got a couple of Punchcard coupons coming soon--think I'll use one on this game.

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 6:37:59 AM PST

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on May 1, 11 6:41 AM
peglegann wrote:Nice to see you Goofyduck, I was not in the forums much yesterday, so I do not know if you posted. Welcome back and I hope that you enjoy the game.

Hi all you fishes, AND a special 'Welcome back' and so glad to see you are reviewing again Goofyduck. I, for one, have really missed you!!!! (I'm not alone there I'm sure).
Haven't downloaded yet and was just reading the reviews when I came across Goofy's review and had to say Hi again.
Back to the pond and to try Betrayals of Love.
Lots of love to all, Pat_ric_ia x

[Post New]by satexasgirl on May 1, 11 7:11 AM
First, and totally off topic-Welcome Back, Goofyduck-we have missed you!

Second, and again, totally off topic-Happy Mother's Day to those who celebrate today. I was a bit stressed thinking I had the dates wrong as here in the US it's not until next week. So have a happy day.

Okay, now a lot of others have already said it so well including Goofy, Cherb, & Kel so I don't really have much to add other than I remember playing the first and this is a definite improvement ( not that the first was all that bad) over the first. There was one mini game that I played that I really had no idea how to do it, and I found the "help" not so helpful. But maybe that was due to lack of sleep and caffeine and a stupid woodpecker trying to shatter one of my windows and driving my dogs nuts at the same time. Oh well, Have fun, y'all.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 1, 11 7:26 AM
dootney wrote:I liked the music, the drawings were nothing spectacular. To be honest i found it kind of dull, same ole, same ole. The find items were poorly defined altho i guess they are supposed to be. Mystery Chronicles in general, has taken quite a tumble from Large File Adventure to Mediocre, small games. So far the minigames are stretchers and time fillers. Find x amount of something, Give me a break. For those of you who like the game. Enjoy and have a Happy May Day.

Yup, my thoughts exactly. I'm not sure about some of the mini games and how they were explained.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on May 1, 11 7:29 AM
Kelvarda , (page 2)
Best review format I've ever seen! So easy to follow and pick out just what you want to find out with the bold print headers. Thanks so much.

jakesplc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by jakesplc on May 1, 11 7:33 AM
As you can see, I don't usually post but I use the comments forum to help me decide about downloading. If all the comments are negative, I don't download. I am commenting today to welcome back Goofyduck! Missed your reviews tremendously! I almost always agree with your take on a game

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on May 1, 11 7:45 AM
peglegann wrote: Happy May Day to all!

Basic Options on the game. Sound, Music, Fullscreen, Widescreen and Custom Cursor. And a help button to describe the actions.
There is a diary to read when you get into the game. The hint does not take long to re-charge and there is a swirling cursor to penalise you for over clicking! The usual items to find in the H0 scenes, feathers, grasshoppers etc., unlike Voodoo which had some unusual items The graphis were not crisp and some of the items are hard to find as they are almost greyed out into the blurry background. (No, I do not need specs! As others seem to think that the graphics are clear, I even checked with my 23 year old DS!) I have come across 3 mini games so far, a maze, a moving furniture one and getting 2 arcs into each other, all reasonably easy to do and I think that there was a skip button.
There is not a choice of modes, which some fishies may find difficult but there are sparkles all over the place . So, it is not hard to know what to do. I am not convinced that this is a good follow up to the last Mystery Chronicles but will try it for a little longer. Have fun all

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on May 1, 11 7:46 AM
I'm sorry everyone - I had the Mom's Day dates wrong! Forgive me and please accept my early greetings!

satexasgirl wrote:First, and totally off topic-Welcome Back, Goofyduck-we have missed you!

Second, and again, totally off topic-Happy Mother's Day to those who celebrate today. I was a bit stressed thinking I had the dates wrong as here in the US it's not until next week. So have a happy day.

Okay, now a lot of others have already said it so well including Goofy, Cherb, & Kel so I don't really have much to add other than I remember playing the first and this is a definite improvement ( not that the first was all that bad) over the first. There was one mini game that I played that I really had no idea how to do it, and I found the "help" not so helpful. But maybe that was due to lack of sleep and caffeine and a stupid woodpecker trying to shatter one of my windows and driving my dogs nuts at the same time. Oh well, Have fun, y'all.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on May 1, 11 7:55 AM
Personally - this game only made it on my "desperate-for-a-game-list".

The graphics in the game were clear until I came to a HOG scene. Over sudden they were hazy and washed out. So between that and all the branches and roots and the junk piles I used up tons of hints. It's fine and dandy to hide stuff but not to the point that I need a hint for every other one and I"m still not sure what exactly I clicked on.

The music sounded somehow familiar to me.

I found the instructions for the mini games sometimes rather confusing and half my minigames didn't work that well either. So lots of skipping there......

One thing I did like was that I was able to fast forward the dialog in the cut scenes. I'm normally not that interested in all the yapping to start with.

Oh and how many keys does one need????

So I guess instead of playing today I'll get the house cleaned.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 1, 11 8:08 AM
I love this game so far, great graphics, good sound. A pleasant surprise. A definite buy for me. And now we can all breathe a sigh of relief because Goofy is back. Hurray.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on May 1, 11 8:23 AM
Hi Fishies!

Thanks for getting this thread started and for taking the time to post reviews for Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love! I'm going to go ahead and sticky this thread so that it'll stay at the top of the Forum.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you're encountering any technical issues with the game, please be sure to post them in the Post any Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love technical issues here only thread and to also get in touch with Customer Support. This way we can keep this thread reserved just for reviews.

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on May 1, 11 8:27 AM
TY to all who made Happy Mother's Day wishes to us American moms. I certainly appreciate it - but it's a week early. Mother's Day is next Sunday, May 8. Hey, we can celebrate 2 weeks! Happy gaming everyone. Can't wait to play this one.

Nissiah
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Nissiah on May 1, 11 8:31 AM
The Challenge:

Assist Police Commissioner

Paul McCartney (!!!???!!)

solve a murder!

(did anyone else notice the resembalence?)

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on May 1, 11 8:42 AM
Don't flog me as I haven't got a review. Just wanted to say welcome back Goofy and say thanks to Kelvarda I also love your bolding so I can skim areas I'm not as concerned about and hone in on the ones I am.

Will take my question to the "other" thread.

Jadee41
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Jadee41 on May 1, 11 8:48 AM
Welcome Back Goofyduck !!! You have been missed very much

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on May 1, 11 8:56 AM
Looks like a good game, but is there any way to get rid of the sparkles? If not, I don't think it will be a buy, to much hand holding

Go to: