jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 1, 11 3:58 AM
peglegann wrote: Happy May Day to everyone!
What a beautiful sunny day, here in the UK again! That was the chit-chat.
LOL!

Hmmmmmm

Morning all

I'm on the east coast of Devon & we have just had a shower & THUNDER

Well it is a bank holiday weekend LOL

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 1, 11 4:00 AM
You are right Kelvarda - when I entered to see the TGT, I saw an anouncement - "get a free game". I closed the window without reading, but after that it disappeared from the home page (I enter the home page from outside (keep the link saved) so may be if it will appear if you enter from outside?)

Edit: No, it's not there anymore.

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 4:03:36 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 1, 11 4:03 AM
Kelvarda wrote:As this pop-up seems to have disappeared rather quickly, I'm wondering if it was released 'in error' (too early!) and has been withdrawn for a while. It's very strange that some have seen it (apparently the very early birds) and some of us haven't.

I wish a Mod would come into one of the threads and clear this up. There are some other's in the thread in CCC - GENEROUS BIG FISH - that haven't seen this 'apparition' either. I did wonder (and still am) whether this is another OS foul-up?

Kel

At @ 8:10 this morning, 10 mins after the release, I clicked the game to try it & was taken straight to the free game screen, I had to click out, re click the game to try & never saw the pop up again.

May be they are trying to corner certain devs into exclusives with the promise of ectra sales. Just an idea.

I am loving this game. If I could, I'd down load it again, just to whooppee post about it

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 4:06 AM
puzzledone wrote:Peglegann, sorry about the "mush". This search for truth on sale followed my leading some fishies astray earlier mentioning the lottery. I said buy as many as you can before end of week Sat for more chances in the drawing. 2 asked what lottery, ummm sweepstakes, told them where to get info. Well, I looked myself for how long only to find that ended in Month of March. Madness?? No wonder I didn't win anything this month.

May Day!! May Day!!!! old lady down.

ROFL! Thank you so much for the laugh today!!
Does anyone else think that the policeman looks like an English "Bobby" by his badge, as others have pointed out to me that it is set in France. (Another old lady down! )
Also, have you noticed that there are more posts in this thread than the C & R? This thread needs to be stickied, thank you to PowderMonkey, wherever you are lately, for the idea and to shadowfax for starting it up.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 4:09 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:
peglegann wrote: Happy May Day to everyone!
What a beautiful sunny day, here in the UK again! That was the chit-chat.
LOL!

Hmmmmmm

Morning all

I'm on the east coast of Devon & we have just had a shower & THUNDER

Well it is a bank holiday weekend LOL

Pop up to Derbyshire anytime, the weather here is so hot! We have had no rain for about 3 weeks. (Hope I am not tempting fate)
PS. Almost too nice to be indoors playing computer games

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on May 1, 11 4:50 AM
This could have been a good game but it's so annoying to have everything handed to you (sparkles). What's the point of searching places when you're told where everything is? They should have had an advanced option. I got frustrated with all the help after 10 minutes.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 4:52 AM
Yosemite1956c wrote:This could have been a good game but it's so annoying to have everything handed to you (sparkles). What's the point of searching places when you're told where everything is? They should have had an advanced option. I got frustrated with all the help after 10 minutes.

The sparkles do lessen as time goes on. I did not like this either.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 1, 11 4:54 AM
Sorry it so wet in Devon for your bank hols! I'm in Dorset which has a boundary with Devon, and it's a sunny day with chilly wind!
Loved this game, the graphics were phenominal! Not sure what a kangeroo and a stingray were doing in the bushes of a French castle though??
Or why a French policeman had an English copper's hat on??
Belamba

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 1, 11 4:56 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I have been saying all along that we hoggers will buy if they give us good games. Since they have finally appeared to be listening, and I know many of us have been buying, it is nice to get a little something back. I wound up with four punch cards filled, and four left over yesterday. Just couldn't find two more I wanted to buy. I am off to play this one now. I expect to enjoy this one

I don't feel so bad now, I just finished filling a fourth card by the end of the month. So many good games, so little time! I've got a backlog of games I've started and not finished and it's making me feel a little guilty. I think I'll hold off on even trying the demo on this one until I play some of the rest of my stash. I'm like a little kid stocking up on candy or something.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 4:58 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:I just now checked and the banner is there on the home page - just saying

Thank you for that goofy, I have just checked again and it is not on the UK site as yet. H0 hum.......................................

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 1, 11 5:03 AM
Not on my UK website either.............:-((

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 5:05 AM
belamba wrote:Not on my UK website either.............:-((

The gremlins are about. I did see the original banner, when I signed in this morning.............................

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 1, 11 5:08 AM
peglegann wrote:
belamba wrote:Not on my UK website either.............:-((

The gremlins are about. I did see the original banner, when I signed in this morning.............................
Spooky!!!???

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 1, 11 5:14 AM
I started my XP PC (haven't been on it for a week), googled Big Fish, entered via that link, and still no banner (OR POP-UP) regarding a free game coupon. Pop up for NEW50 as usual, the banner I see is for Allora and the Broken Portal!!

Kel

eta: Bold writing

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 5:22:40 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 5:16 AM
Kelvarda wrote:I started my XP PC (haven't been on it for a week), googled Big Fish, entered via that link, and still no banner regarding a free game coupon. Pop up for NEW50 as usual, the banner I see is for Allora and the Broken Portal!!

Kel

Apologies, brain moved to another country. I meant to say a POP up appeared not a banner. My mistake.

mspaws
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mspaws on May 1, 11 5:43 AM
looks like we can only get 1 game free on the May special...fine print at the bottom of the screeOffer Details:
Buy any 1 Collector's Edition or 2 standard version games by 11:59pm PST on May 31st and receive a coupon code good for 1 free standard version game from Big Fish Games. Free game coupons will be delivered by email during the first week in June. Limit 1 free game per customer. More information
n says..."

notice limit1 free game per customer

Paws
"

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 5:44 AM
@Belamba (good morning Belamba!!)

Also to anyone else who can't get that offer, try this link. This is the web page that I get and you should be able to read up about the May coupon give-away...

http://promotions.bigfishgames.com/may2for1/index.html

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 1, 11 5:55 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:@Belamba (good morning Belamba!!)

Also to anyone else who can't get that offer, try this link. This is the web page that I get and you should be able to read up about the May coupon give-away...

I don't understand this: Offer Details:
Buy any 1 Collector's Edition or 2 standard version games by 11:59pm PST on May 31st and receive a coupon code good for 1 free standard version game from Big Fish Games. Free game coupons will be delivered by email during the first week in June. Limit 1 free game per customer. More information

Must you buy a game on 31st of may???

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 5:59 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:

I don't understand this: Offer Details:

Must you buy a game on 31st of may???

No, any date up to 11:59 pm PST31st. May. Hope this helps.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 6:01 AM

Thank you, that linked worked for me

Go to: