Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Secret of Hildegards

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on May 2, 11 7:13 AM
farfromthefar wrote:. Just before my trial was up the heroine spoke and said the keys must be in the cache. It reassured me that she hadn't slipped into a coma and left me to wander mindlessly forever.

Giggle, love this comment.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on May 2, 11 8:08 AM
First, & totally off topic-Hooray for the US Navy Seals!

As others have said, this is a HOG with iHog features. For those that like them there are a lot of mini games with absolutely no instruction what so ever. That's not exactly an issue for those who have a lot of experience, but might or might not be an issue for those brand new to the genre. I took issue with the fact a clock was a watch and a watch was a clock. I also took issue with the fact that I got click penalties for clicking on an object I needed, but apparently was not clicking in the "perfect" spot. I enjoy the occasional straight HOG, but it needs to be a much better game than this one. For those that enjoy it, though, have .
ETA: Oh, and in almost every scene you have to find multiple of one item and almost always 6. Why?

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 10:36:29 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 2, 11 8:30 AM
okay... so i knew what to expect going in, but... really?

so i skipped the story at the beginning, which i'm starting to think might have been the only clue to what was going on, but my mom called on the phone and i thought she was more important than whatever that girl and the little fat man had to say... so...

standing in front of a house you can't access... not even a 'look-see' to say, oh, there's a puzzle here and i have to go find pieces... can you say 'dark ages' boys and girls?? i wander the gardens picking up trash and completing so has-been puzzles so i can collect stones with rune-like symbols on them... turns out one is the deathly hallows! so i wade through the gardens and whatnot of this house... finding a million and one birds, feathers, springs, and miscellaneous cr@p... and then i get to the door...

turns out these stones i was so busy collecting were to go in this puzzle on the door so i could get in... so i play nice, put my stones in, move 'em around and get 'em in the right spots... and then i get in the house...

which is more of mess than half the cr@p i sifted through outside! ugh!

anyway... that was it for me so i have come to tell you all of my disappointment...

there was no saving grace in this one... the music was so low as to be nearly undetectable, and i'm guessing that's a good thing, because if it was anything like the graphics... woo hoo! the graphics in this one were just horrible, don't know how else to say it... never had a problem with the penalty screen so i don't know how utterly painful that must have been for some players, but i will say that the game as a whole was rather painful in itself

i say the uncle can stay with the dark side, because it's got to be better over there, right??? that or he can get tapped like bin laden

even mr boo this one

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 2, 11 8:32 AM
Sablesshadow wrote:
farfromthefar wrote:. Just before my trial was up the heroine spoke and said the keys must be in the cache. It reassured me that she hadn't slipped into a coma and left me to wander mindlessly forever.

Giggle, love this comment.

DITTO!

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on May 2, 11 8:42 AM
I really like it when games leave the names of the items on the list of items to find on the hidden object lists. I found this game to be dark (like trying to see a raven on a close to black background) and a couple times I clicked on something I thought I'd found and it turned out to be a good click for something else on this list. Having the list most often lets me figure out what I found.

The music is very nice and relaxing but not what I'd choose when playing a game. We have a sick 2 year old here and I think she heard it as I put her down for an early nap and she's gone right to sleep.

I love games with lots of HOGs. Right now I'm working on Hidden Expedition: Amazon and it's wonderful! But the Hildegards Secret is safe from me. This isn't a buy for me.

Theresa who signed in as 'There' on the game because that's all the room they allowed. It is surprising to me because you type where they had 'Player' which has 6 spaces. lol

Edited for spealing

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 8:45:25 AM PST

[Post New]by satexasgirl on May 2, 11 8:55 AM
ember89 wrote:okay... so i knew what to expect going in, but... really?

so i skipped the story at the beginning, which i'm starting to think might have been the only clue to what was going on, but my mom called on the phone and i thought she was more important than whatever that girl and the little fat man had to say... so...

standing in front of a house you can't access... not even a 'look-see' to say, oh, there's a puzzle here and i have to go find pieces... can you say 'dark ages' boys and girls?? i wander the gardens picking up trash and completing so has-been puzzles so i can collect stones with rune-like symbols on them... turns out one is the deathly hallows! so i wade through the gardens and whatnot of this house... finding a million and one birds, feathers, springs, and miscellaneous cr@p... and then i get to the door...

turns out these stones i was so busy collecting were to go in this puzzle on the door so i could get in... so i play nice, put my stones in, move 'em around and get 'em in the right spots... and then i get in the house...

which is more of mess than half the cr@p i sifted through outside! ugh!

anyway... that was it for me so i have come to tell you all of my disappointment...

there was no saving grace in this one... the music was so low as to be nearly undetectable, and i'm guessing that's a good thing, because if it was anything like the graphics... woo hoo! the graphics in this one were just horrible, don't know how else to say it... never had a problem with the penalty screen so i don't know how utterly painful that must have been for some players, but i will say that the game as a whole was rather painful in itself

i say the uncle can stay with the dark side, because it's got to be better over there, right??? that or he can get tapped like bin laden

even mr boo this one

You didn't miss anything. I did go through the whole dialogue between the two-and then you ended up in front of the house with no directions, just arrows pointing to the left or right.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 2, 11 8:56 AM
Getting ready to play the demo, but just had to say...thank God for Pres Bush who had the guts to stand up for America and give everything he had to find Bin Laden, rather than sit back and do nothing. It's finally over. Praying the surviving families can now find some peace at last.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on May 2, 11 9:07 AM
Another daughter dealing with a missing father, an evil uncle, blah, blah, blah. Is there a reason female protagonists need a "daddy" figure in all these games?

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on May 2, 11 9:09 AM
And thank you President Obama and our armed forces.

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on May 2, 11 9:17 AM
I just HAD to respond, Cherb.

"I always like to try and find something good to say about a game and in this instance I can report that the hint recharges and the puzzles have a skip button .

Cherb"

Your "positive" comment had me laughing out loud......so loud that "lol" isn't even emphatic enough. You are a true diplomat.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on May 2, 11 10:04 AM
Hi Fishies!

Thanks for getting this thread started and for sharing your reviews for The Secret of Hildegards! I'm going to go ahead and sticky the thread at the top of the Forum.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you're encountering any technical issues with the game, please be sure to post them in the Post any The Secret of Hildegards technical issues here only thread and to also get in touch with Customer Support. This way we can keep this thread reserved just for reviews.

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 2, 11 10:11 AM
I don`t like the fuzzy graphic and the gameplay. No buy for me

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on May 2, 11 10:23 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:Oh, just one more thing. It didn't stress me out. It was rather relaxing in some respects because the puzzles weren't THAT hard, and the H0 items weren't THAT hard to find, and the interactive aspect wasn't the kind that makes you pull your hair out. Overall, a "hmmm, I don't want to really get into Dire's Grove or Phantom, just something a little more easy and more relaxing tonight" kind of game.

WELCOME HOME GOOFY ....I missed you GLAD that ur DD is better...{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}

PEN

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on May 2, 11 10:29 AM
Just how old IS this game? It looks and plays like it is easily more than 5 years old. The graphics are blurry and dated and the music is more than annoying. I played the demo for awhile just to see if it would get any better. Trust me, it didn't.

auggie1224
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by auggie1224 on May 2, 11 10:41 AM
Have played it for about 10 min. collected all of the buttons, and went to the front door . No clues as to how you are to place the buttons to make the door open. None of the puzzles give you a clue as to what they want. On the puzzle with the dark and light woood, are we to try to make the pieces just all one color or all light or all dark wood? Wasting too much time trying to figure out the puzzles that are not obvious. Will not buy

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 2, 11 10:43 AM
Well, I'm afraid I don't have much good to say about this one. For starters, it wouldn't let me enter my name anywhere that I could see so I just clicked on the enter sign and started playing. From the very start there were no instructions for anything and from my experience it didn't get any better. Games where you just poke around and try to figure out what you're supposed to and that flickering cursor drove me nuts. I kept thinking I had found something to click on but it was just the cursor and since there aren't any options to change it, you're stuck with it. When you do finally click on something it just kind of fades out and because the graphics are fuzzy anyway a lot of times it's hard to tell if the item is gone or not.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 2, 11 10:57 AM
So not a fan of this game.

Supposedly there's a story in there...I'm still waiting to see much of it and I was at the end of the demo.

I like HOG's but one right after another; one leading right into another? No plot in between and half the time wondering exactly why it is you're having to search the area to begin with? C'mon! That's wearying.

And the attempts at the other puzzles? Not amused...particularly the find the differences puzzle between two scenes. Every time I hit skip, it started me back at the beginning of the puzzle.

Sorry...no buy for me. I'd like some real plot and some purpose to the HOGs and just a bit more challenge than HOG after HOG imbedded in HOG.

marsute
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Maybe I'm stuck in the past!

[Post New]by marsute on May 2, 11 10:59 AM
I actually like this game a lot. It is a definite buy for me. It's relaxing...easy to pick up where you left off and I don't have to rely on my memory to figure out where I have or have not been.

I still love straight HOGs

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 2, 11 11:09 AM
cottoncandy2 wrote:Well, I'm afraid I don't have much good to say about this one. For starters, it wouldn't let me enter my name anywhere that I could see so I just clicked on the enter sign and started playing. From the very start there were no instructions for anything and from my experience it didn't get any better.

@ cottoncandy (and for anyone else wondering)

You click on Change at the bottom of the screen, it will then let you enter 5 characters for your name (you would be cotto) and then you hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 2, 11 11:36 AM
I must agree with the people who said it better. Straight HOG, mediocre graphics and music. mis named objects, and boring. Some may like it and I would recommend downloading it and trying yourself. Not my cup of hot beverage

Go to: