Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dragon Keeper

[Post New]by randmsmile on May 7, 11 9:42 AM
The game keeps on freezing up my computer every few levels. It is very frustrating.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on May 7, 11 11:31 AM
Hey randmsmile,

Welcome to the pond! We try to reserve the Comments and Reviews thread for thoughts about the game, but it's important that we get your game running properly! You might want to try checking out this help article for troubleshooting steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to assist you.

Lastly, there's usually a tech issues thread at the top of our Game Forums, so if you have any further technical issues, feel free to post there. You can get to this game's tech issues thread by clicking here.

-bfgArnoStyx

vahlcanna1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by vahlcanna1 on May 7, 11 6:57 PM
dragons... all i needed to see to try it but had to read. looks like a game ill enjoy i hope so. ususally my biggest worry is that ill be done right after i buy it which has happened twice which is why i always readforums first now before even trying. hope i love it as much as think i will. im a tm addict so this should go well thanks for the heads up

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 9, 11 5:56 AM
To anyone worried about the game length:

I have been playing this game ever since the day it came out.

First of all I was replaying caves to get expert, then I was trying to get the 20 population and the 500 gold in 1 night in cave 4 and still finish that cave in expert time. (Not done yet but could maybe have done yday except that I mistakenly clicked at end day 19 to complete a quest forgetting that it was the last one, and ended the cave! I should have tried to make jewelry first to see if I had saved up enough gems to reach that last trophy).

Some trophies that I got on the first play without even noticing how (such as zap 8 robbers in a row), eluded me on my subsequent more efficient plays through.

The other thing is that getting all caves expert by replaying them in the same game must be easier than getting all caves expert first time through because, when you replay them in the same game, you get to take advantage of the shop upgrades from all the playing you have already done.

I have now managed a game in a new profile getting expert in all caves on first try but didn't get all the trophies. I am sure it would be easier to get all the trophies if not also trying to stay within expert times but I have just started another new profile to try to do both in the same game.

A tip on how to avoid ruining the gameplay time for yourself: There is one item in each cave (more detail in the hints and tips thread) which, when you click on it, will give you 100 gold as a pile of treasure to be collected. I believe this was probably meant to be issued just once per cave because that is what happens if you play a cave from start to finish without exiting to the main menu. But I found out yesterday that every time you go out to main menu and come back into the cave, this resets itself and gives you the gold again. I find it hard to believe that this was intended to work that way because you could go in and out before every day and it would make the game a doddle.

So if anyone used that more than once per cave and found the game too easy I'd say to try playing again only accepting that money once per cave and see if it takes you longer or takes more effort to reach expert.

Just for fun, after I have completed what I am trying to achieve now, I may play a game going in and out each day to see just how quickly I can complete it all with a daily added cash boost of $100. .....contd

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 6:26:08 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 9, 11 6:02 AM
.... contd.
Something else that adds replay value is that the location and amounts of gold found by SPOILER imps clearing debris END SPOILER varies with each play through. Sometimes I get just 70 gold in a cave, sometimes 200 or 300 instead.

Also, the jewelry making daily deals seem to be random like community chest cards in monopoly. There is a great one where you get an extra 200 (or was it 250?) bonus for forging 6 items in one night. Sometimes I get that when I have enough jewels to do it, but mostly I don't.

I plan on writing a full review when I have finally reached all the goals which I have set myself, but for now I agree with Ember about how appealing the sounds are - I love the noise the dragons make when they level-up and the gentle tinkling noises when you collect several gems in a row.

ETA To SnowNSew on the leaving gems lying at end of day thing, I think in all of the games like this it is normal to not be able to collect every item in time. It's part of the strategy to make you choose how to prioritise your time and effort, but I do kick myself when I spend too long dealing with something else and the day ends with the floor covered in them .

The good news is that you do get something later in this game to help you with that. Then you get to decide whether to spend money and take up cave space with that thing or something else .

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 7:19:35 AM PST

vahlcanna1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by vahlcanna1 on May 10, 11 11:33 PM
ok finished my trial lloved the dragon theme reminds me of another game but i cant rember he name where u only had like 30 days to buy a castle. this is defintely a buy. just need to unlock something to collect all the jewels. nice to know picking up the leave behinds of the beate soldiers tosses u a couple bucks

mjdixon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mjdixon on May 11, 11 3:36 PM
I really enjoyed the game but was dissapointed in how short it was. I will admit I did not get expert on the whole thing yet, but I did play the entire game in an evening.

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Good Game But

[Post New]by Peace1369 on May 13, 11 10:45 AM
Game was okay but was over all to soon. Wish they would have actually let you fill up on things before they ran you out of days on expert. I see that quite a few of the trophies in order to get that you could definitely not go for the expert or you will run out of time to get the trophy. Game definitely is like Magic Farm and 5th Gate but no where near as hard and less stressful. Only thing to the downside for me was that all four levels were basically identicl not much changes between them so I am already bored with the game. Guess I will go for trophies at a later date. Think I'll go play the second Magic Farm over instead LOL.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 13, 11 10:56 AM
Hi Peace

For when you try again: It is possible to get most (and probably all?) trophies in one pass through, stopping at expert time on all caves.

I have done it and the only one I am missing is the zap 8 robbers one. I got that one on my very first game somewhere in cave 1 or 2, and had expert on both of those caves at the time, so I think it ought to be possible to get all trophies while playing through just once and stopping in expert time everywhere, but I'm still trying LOL.

At least it gives me a reason to keep playing .

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 13, 11 12:18 PM
vahlcanna1 wrote:ok finished my trial lloved the dragon theme reminds me of another game but i cant rember he name where u only had like 30 days to buy a castle. this is defintely a buy. just need to unlock something to collect all the jewels. nice to know picking up the leave behinds of the beate soldiers tosses u a couple bucks

That sounds like a fun game too. It'd be great if you could PM me the name please, if you ever remember what it is . Thanks in hope .

stardust2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by stardust2 on May 15, 11 1:49 PM
I like this game. So far, I'm about 3/4 of the way through it. It's a lot of fun. For Time Management games, its relatively easy, in my opinion. (Although if you have a lot of dragons, it can be hard to pick up all the gems in time.) It's really fun and addicting. The graphics are pretty good, and the music track is fine although the same thing is played a lot. Even though I haven't yet finished it, I'm so close to the end that I have to say this game is far too short. I think the levels should be harder with more puzzle pieces before you get through them. Overall, I really liked this game, though.

[Post New]by ItsJust4Fun on May 22, 11 7:53 PM
This game is cute.. sure... but WOW... shortest game and really now point... its VERY easy and i kept waiting for something .... Waste of my money.... VERY disappointed... I don't post much but had to because this game is not worth it....

[Post New]by gamma23430 on May 23, 11 1:52 PM
ItsJust4Fun wrote:This game is cute.. sure... but WOW... shortest game and really now point... its VERY easy and i kept waiting for something .... Waste of my money.... VERY disappointed... I don't post much but had to because this game is not worth it....

I'm almost in the same boat. I wish I'd gone with the free trial first, because then I'd only have wasted 10 minutes rather than 10 dollars. I don't like it at ALL, especially after playing Royal Envoy and My Kingdom for the Princess.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 23, 11 8:36 PM
Played the demo and used a game coupon to buy it. The rounds are shorter and easier than Magic Farm or The Fifth Gate and the robbers haven't managed to steal or damage anything yet (-I'm up to the 4th area now). The game coupon I used was one from when Faunasphere closed, so seems appropriate to buy cute dragons with it .

Update: Played thru to the end. Although it's short, I do think it's a fun environment to play in. I like the music still, too. I've started going back to try for expert, but that seems elusive for now - but enjoying it anyway.

Update 2: I've played all areas to get Expert and succeeded in that after several tries. And have played more since, as well. My recommendation would be to buy Magic Farm, then The Fifth Gate, and then this game - just to have more of this game type to play. I'm ready to go back and play Magic Farm now. Or else buy this one first because it's easier - just to get familiar with this game type before jumping into the other 2. You get more game for your buck with the other 2 though.

Edited on 05/31/2011 at 4:29:13 AM PST

[Post New]by Trendy_Searcher on Jul 3, 11 9:06 AM
Got the demo, played for a while and thought it was pretty awesome. So I used a punch card code to buy the full version. Um...

Too short of a game.

Way too easy.

Too bad I wasted my free game on this. Was done in about 3 hours, expert on all "5" levels and every award.

Good points were the graphics were nice, concept was solid and game play was well thought out. But it does not really make up for the fact of how SHORT! this game is. It needs more.

[Post New]by MamaBahama on Jan 28, 12 10:45 PM
I hated it!!! The main problem I have with Big Fish games is they do not tell you how to play them and you're supposed to be some sort of mind reader and just "know" how to play. I could not figure this game out to save my life. I ended up having no chest to place jewels in because after it repeatedly kept telling me my chest was full I figured I must have to sell it in order to get it emptied. As for making jewelry, whenever I went in there I wasn't able to do anything so that was pointless. It kept saying "level up" and if I could have figured out how to do that I would have done so. So all I could do was continue to feed dragons but not collect the gems. Oh yeah, I could also kill the heroes but for what purpose? Like I stated earlier, Big Fish needs to have a tutorial at the beginning of each game for those of us that are not game wizards, so we can actually figure out how to play. I have tried (and not purchased) many, many games on here due to the fact I can NEVER figure out how to play. They would have made tons of money off of me if only they would realize not everyone is a computer wiz.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Feb 16, 13 11:13 AM
I think the dragons are adorable. Finished the game but saving as its fun to play.

Go to: