textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 5, 11 7:00 AM
I played the demo in advanced mode and liked it very much. Appreciate the acchievements and the objects to find. (a little Dire Grove deja vu). Big kudos for the three modes of play, however, I wish there were less text hints to match the modes of play. The four puzzles encountered during the demo weren't difficult (sigh).

However, it does seem like there will be at least six hours of game play in this for me, so that, along with the achievements and items to find makes it worth the purchase and gives it replay value.

The only bad news is I won't be able to play it until tomorrow.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 5, 11 7:04 AM
This game is awesome. Have been playing for 45 minutes and absolutely love this game. Good graphics, good sound effects, lots of spookiness. love it, love it, love it. Kudos to the developers. Other developers take heed (won't mention names). Wish we had more games such as this one. ( of course I would probably be broke).

Happy Cinco de mayo to all

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 7:09:37 AM PST

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on May 5, 11 7:20 AM
I am totally enjoying this game. I have already sent this rolling chair flying a couple times when certain scenes scared me spitless! I absolutely LOVE a game that scares me or startles me like this one is doing. LOVE IT! I was going to wait a couple days to buy this CE while I finished the new PuppetShow....but I really don't think I can wait! Just knowing it is downloaded and waiting for me is a comfort....hahahahahaha Very big hugs and a thank you to the developers!

Deb

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on May 5, 11 7:36 AM
Loved 'The Void' so I can't wait to give this game a workout ! Also just wanted to Thank Sinshack and Goofyduck for the wonderfully thorough and thoughtful reviews..I always come to forum to look especially for those reviews as they are complete and unbiased - which is what a good reviewer does...'just the facts maam
Off to play...glad your back Goofyduck...you were truly missed!!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 5, 11 7:39 AM
I liked the first Mystery Trackers game, but I think this game (part 2) is even better. I like the graphic, gameplay, everything is great about. Its A BUY for me

arfur99
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by arfur99 on May 5, 11 7:58 AM
WOW. This seems to be a brill game. Took me ages to get started and only got as far as opening the gate and the trial finished. This is going to take an age for me to get to the end. Mini games seem pretty clear and only skipped one due to time running out! Big advantage being a new OAP as takes ages to find items due to diminishing sight!! Objects, to me, aren't easy to find which I like as I want to get my monies worth and don't like using hints. First HOG scene took about 20 mins!! All in all a great addition to the list. Thanks BFG.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 5, 11 8:05 AM
Crystalscove22 wrote:...'just the facts maam

OH!!! Thanks a LOT Crystalscove... now I will have the Dragnet theme music running through my head all day long... LOL

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 8:06:50 AM PST

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on May 5, 11 8:19 AM
A big step above the rest .... Very good game ,,,love it , I guess my mind is set on buying !!! Enjoy !!!

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on May 5, 11 8:29 AM
I played the beta as well and if i remember correctly it was a great game but with quite
a bit of running back and forward and quite a few inventory items to keep track of and
try to remember where to use.Im away to download the full version now and hope it is
as good as the beta and if they made any changes.

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on May 5, 11 8:30 AM
Oh yeah, this is a classic, fantastic! On a day off work and can see I won't be getting many chores done today! Thanks BF and devs for a real goody!

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on May 5, 11 8:32 AM
I just bought this after the demo. I really wasn't going to buy another CE this month but this one has me hooked. The thing is STILL downloading and I have a fast connection, so this is very promising. So far, I would rate it as the same standard as The MCF Dire Grove although the H.O. scenes are less clear.

One of the best things is there is no voice overs, which I find irritating usually. Also there is a strong story and not endless back to back H.O. scenes.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on May 5, 11 8:51 AM
I also bought this game after the demo.

I really appreciate the different play modes (love advanced with no help, no sparkles..) and I have enjoyed finding the frogs and having achievements as well.

I also really like the fact that there are not hidden object scenes every time you turn around. The puzzles so far have been on the easy side - wish they had been a bit harder - but enjoyable nonetheless.

The game definately wants you to take your time, enjoy the surroundings, use your brain a bit to figure things out, and have fun. A big, big thanks developers and BFG for a good one! Seems like this game addresses a lot of issues many players have with the different games that are offered (in a very good way).

Happy gaming fishies!

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on May 5, 11 8:52 AM
Not really sure where to post this but I would like to take the time to thank all the wonderful considerate fishies out there who share their opinions of the games. Kudos and keep it up. Without you I may never purchase games.
Now for the game. Love it so far. I don't listen to the music but watched the intro and knew this game was for me. The size makes me think being a CE might be worth it. I have never used a strategy guide unless it is the same as a walkthrough (which I do use if I get really stuck). I like the realism (if that's the word) so it is not so cartoonish, not that I don't like those either.
Now that I have shared my thoughts, I gotta go buy it!
Thanks again for all you do.
Bessie Mae

yodelrags
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by yodelrags on May 5, 11 8:55 AM
Thanks for your comments/reviews. I have the Void and it was great, so I bought this one without doing the free trail due to your comments. It is great too!!! thanks

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on May 5, 11 8:58 AM
Gotta buy...

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on May 5, 11 9:11 AM
Oh heck...decisions, decisons...

Loved Void just loved it - but am still stinging from faulty games in Hallowed Legends - another Elephant production. Also just got a new computer and spent a couple weeks (3 maybe??) downloading the 58 games I'd purchased but not yet played (not a typo - that's 58 not yet played...yes I need a 12 step program...and yes I play several a week - I just have that many...) - I live in the middle of nowhere & use an air card to download - so 900 seems like a lifetime commitment I nearly died laughing at an early comment of "It took nearly 10 minutes to download the demo"...oh how lucky you are!!

So - to buy blind or not? IMO size doesn't necessarily matter with these games - MCF DG was 1/3 smaller & still the best of the best ever! Hallowed Legends was nearly as big - and though great - had some uber glitches & was no better overall than much smaller MCF and any number of ERS games.

I'll post back if I do go for it - my bf is supposed to get "super high speed" internet today (that's the backwoods "super high speed" lol) if so that may lessen the pain of downloading by a few HOURS

And PLEASE if anyone hits mini game glitches a la Hallowed Legends - let us know!

[Post New]by baglady159 on May 5, 11 9:57 AM
Played the trial and am sold!!!! Downloading the whole thing now and dang... its a big game...looks like the biggest one I've ever dl'ed. Will be playing for hours cause I got so lost in the trial Only used the hint once to tell me where to go next and I really needed it...loving it..
Absolutely what I've been looking for...haven't bought a game for a while. Was waiting for something really good to come out and this is it!!

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 9:58:46 AM PST

juttertje
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by juttertje on May 5, 11 10:36 AM
this is a great great game. lots of things to do, snowfall in summer (lol), very good puzzles, beautiful graphics. I enjoy it very much.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 5, 11 10:45 AM
Just finished playing the demo, casual, and I'm far from having finished the first chapter, can't even think of what it would be if I had played hard mode.
I enjoyed The Void and was glad to have "my" toad-hint back.
Finding toads/frogs is fun, loved the one adorned with jewellery !
In the first H0 scene (car's boot) I happened to find 7 items straight away and was surprised to receive a reward.
Skipped most of the mini games (not the pinball) in order to go further in the game but they look quite doable.
Didn't turn the sound very loud so I didn't notice it, I guess I was too involved in the game to really listen to it.
Some items can be used straight away but I found myself trotting round and round having found masses of places where I needed an item and hadn't a clue where it was. So I will most probably borrow quite a few pairs of sneakers from Goofy.
I'm a slow player and it will take hours, if not days to finish the game.
Graphics are not up to the standard of theose in Puppet Show but they're quite good, a little blury may be ? continued

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 5, 11 10:52 AM
Checked the SG and was glad to see that the page you left remained when you were back at it. It's such a bore having to go through the whole chapter for one tiny detail.
The game doesn't seem to be easy and sometimes the next move is not obvious, so I will probably refer to the SG, not too often I hope as it does spoil the game if you do so.
Good game and a little bonus, I have already bought 2 SE I wanted and with this one I will deserve June's reward !

Go to: