floradora
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale

[Post New]by floradora on May 9, 11 12:17 PM
Ok...so this may not be the most difficult game but the pace is good, the story is sweet and the graphics are utterly beautiful. Not sorry I purchased.

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 12:18:13 PM PST

erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

[Post New]by erigby on May 9, 11 1:05 PM

Having played the first one, I had to demo this one which I promptly bought. Both of these games have superb visuals, realistic sound effects, and a kind of underwater non-musical score, which I kept turned up b/c it adds to the gameplay. (You've got to hear it to understand what I mean.)

This time around, Anna, our heroine, is awakened again to do battle against her evil, twisted, narcissistic twin, with some plot line surprises along the way. Dialogue, spoken and written, suits the atmosphere the production team wanted, at least imho. Most of it is important and relevant to what you should do next and where you should do it. In addition to the HOG scenes, you have to pick up orbs, shards, twirling dolphins, and other essential objects along the way to progress in the game.

As I got turned around a few times going to the different worlds away from the Hub, I think they could have improved the map just a little bit. But, with the gorgeous artwork to gaze at while I was completely lost, it wasn't really a hardship.

This isn't a game to rush through; it's a game to savor, spend time with, and most of all to just sit back and enjoy.

Definitely a game.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 9, 11 1:12 PM
I never really cared for the first Empress of the Deep and I like this one even less. I can't seem to get past the extremely weird storyline. I found the voices used for the main character and the dolphin in the beginning to be strange. The graphics weren't bad, but that was about all I cared for. I'm glad others found it enjoyable, but I'll pass.

Mystakill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Mystakill on May 9, 11 1:26 PM
I enjoyed the first one quite a bit, and bought this one without even trialing it first. The widescreen graphics were a nice update, but I was disappointed with this one overall for a number of reasons.

The game itself was a bit short, and ended just as abruptly as the first. I finished it in its entirety in ~3 hours. The gameplay was fairly linear, with some backtracking later on to unlock the seahorse areas. The puzzles weren't too taxing and I didn't need to skip a single one. The voice actress for the Empress sounded like she "phoned it in"; very emotionless and dull. I didn't have any of the pink areas some of the others mentioned though.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on May 9, 11 7:29 PM
I hate this game. I should have listened to some of the reviews.
The graphics are gorgeous. The hint system makes me want to throw the computer out the window. You can run your legs off trying take the next step in the process and all the hint is good for is to run you some more. It's ridiculous.

dogfish73
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish73 on May 10, 11 10:38 AM
BORING!!!

Kathyju77
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Kathyju77 on May 10, 11 6:59 PM
Great game! I'm kind of slow sometimes too but the hints really help when you get stuck Enjoy!!

alice21
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by alice21 on May 11, 11 7:57 AM
I loved this game, it was nice to take time over and savour the beautiful graphics; not a game to be rushed so I found it an enjoyable length, a definite play again. One annoyance was that womans laughing in the background, couldn't help but think it was Cilla Black, ha!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 11, 11 12:05 PM
I loved this game. Took my time savoring the graphics with the hypnotic music quietly playing in my ear. Since I took my time, I think I spent close to four hours playing the game. Well worth the SE price, in my opinion. My only negative is the voice of the Empress was smuggish and didn't seem to fit the graphic of her. But otherwise...

Now to be patient and wait for the next sequel in this series.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on May 11, 11 12:50 PM
Have played 40 mins of the demo with my 7-year old, and so far he LOVES it!!!

Nice graphics, casual gameplay and sweet animals

Not really my usual cup of tea (I like the darker games) but I would say especially great for children - my son has found the puzzles so far simple enough for him to do, and he has been sent to bed now (it's 8.50pm here) with the promise of finishing the demo tomorrow.

I will prob. buy for him tomorrow and we will play together.

A charming game, and we are both enjoying it

[Post New]by smartvalerie on May 11, 11 5:46 PM
Loved the 1st one & also this 2nd one. I enjoy it when you have lots of places to visit & the map showed quite clearly where each place was. .no need for a walkthrough as the hints were excellent. Can't wait for the next one to come out.

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on May 11, 11 6:53 PM
As someone who loved the first one, the second one was a major disappointment. Here are the things I loved about the first one:
- interesting and different puzzles
- non-linear gameplay
- no HOG scenes (or very few, I don't remember any)
- beautiful graphics

The only thing in the second one out of that list are the beautiful graphics. The puzzles are very repetitive (and easy). The gameplay was extremely linear, and to make it worse, the whale and the advisor are constantly telling you exactly what you need to do, even though it's already extremely obvious. You can just breeze through it without any thinking involved at all. Last but not least, a TON of HOG scenes. To me, these are just time-wasters. It feels like the developers just put them in to make the game longer. Since the original didn't have them, and there were only a couple in the (very short) demo, I didn't expect to have to go through like 30 of them to finish the game. I feel like I've been misled. I won't be buying the third one unless they go back to the style of the first one.

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Good game

[Post New]by Jerry99 on May 12, 11 3:59 PM
Very good game with excellent graphics. Good HOG games and not difficult, but enjoyable puzzles. I am glad I bought it and look forward to the next.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on May 13, 11 6:58 AM
good game, excellent graphics but too easy

caseypup
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by caseypup on May 13, 11 10:11 AM
Beautiful graphics, but found the game to be WAY too easy and too short. I expected a lot more from this game, thought the 1st one was much better.

GmaGale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by GmaGale on May 13, 11 6:11 PM
A relaxing game. Not as complicated as the first one, but enjoyable.

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on May 14, 11 4:30 AM
This game was 'ok'. I didn't hate but neither did I get immersed in it. The Empress's voice is highly irritating and I almost didn't buy it on the strength of that. I bought it after reading the reviews on here. We're all different I guess and we don't all enjoy the same thing.

The puzzles were easy, the hidden object scenes were, for the most part, not too bad - the occasional junk pile but also some better designed scenes. I don't like hidden object scenes much but these were just about tolerable. I used the hint on those, just because i find them so boring, but not on the game play itself.

It was quite a short game. I finished it in just over two hours. The graphics were nice, the music was fine and apart from the voices I wasn't irrtiated by the sounds.

Overall, I wish I hadn't bought it but i've definitely spent my money on worse games.

[Post New]by 12MuddyPaws on May 14, 11 7:05 AM
is there a walkthru or SG available? Never mind, I just finished it!

Edited on 05/14/2011 at 5:18:14 PM PST

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on May 15, 11 2:26 PM
Played thru the demo and it's a no-buy for me. Puzzles are too easy, hidden object scenes are too easy, and it kind of seems more like a kid's game.

[Post New]by kimbas on May 17, 11 9:07 PM
Too easy, too repetitive. Very disappointed

Go to: