mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Rescue Team

[Post New]by mom68 on May 11, 11 5:14 PM
Meh. I've played my favorite TM games for some time now, and have to agree with one reviewer who stated they liked The Timebuilders and Royal Envoy far better. This one really didn't allow you to interact with the workers or the people being rescued, and the graphics regarding the introduction to the story really didn't appeal. If you like clearing roads like in MKFTP, then you'll love this game. I loved MKFTP 1 and disliked greatly #2. This feels far too much of a repeat. Timebuilders really nailed it with the time period, as did Royal Envoy. I'd give this a 1 out of 5 thumbs up.

In other words, this is a repeat of several other games, but with far less streamlined graphics.

I have two game tokens burning in my "online pocket" and cannot even bring myself to buy this game. Pass.

Edited on 05/11/2011 at 5:15:41 PM PST

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on May 12, 11 3:12 PM
For me, it's VERY hard to get gold on the upper levels but basically, this is a fun game! I like the little guys cheering. it's alot like Roads to Rome.

loriaudio
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

timer? what timer?

[Post New]by loriaudio on May 13, 11 12:27 PM
i played the game to the end 60 levels i took my time because there is no time limit( the main reason i bought it)

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on May 13, 11 2:54 PM
pixie30 wrote:Nice game but the fast clock spoils it, I cant complete it in time to get gold even on the second level onwards. This means you dont get as much money to rebuild your house.

I hope they can fix the clock speed as this is the only thing that is stopping me from buying it as I hate it when you cant complete the game fully.

Is anyone else finding the clock too fast?

Yep. I've played plenty of Time Management games and thought I would like this one.
Wow....there is no way you can get the gold achievement for many of these levels. I think I got three total.

Very disappointing game. It looks like fun, and it is, but you can't beat it which makes it seem down-right silly.

khendrick1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by khendrick1 on May 14, 11 7:48 AM
This one is definitely harder than MKFTP, Roads of Rome or Timebuilders but I have been wanting another game like this for AGES so I bought it after just a few levels. Hope I am not too disappointed but I love these types of games.

Clairebs
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Clairebs on May 14, 11 10:55 AM
As I love Royal Envoy, ROR and MKFP thought I would feel the same about this. However, gameplay feels kind of slow -maybe just my PC but seemed a bit draggy in comparison. Hardly any interaction with the player, the instructions aren't very elaborate, consisting mainly of arrows pointing in the right direction. There's no interaction with characters either, they just produce silly sounds when you free them. I know voice overs can be annoying and i have a love/hate relationship with the MKFP bloke, but he does add to the game and i missed that with this one. The music was quite simple and repetetive, adding nothing to the overall enjoyment of this game.
A good idea, I wanted to like it and buy it because I really enjoy this genre of TM, but won't be buying.

Kaerie
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Kaerie on May 17, 11 8:00 PM
I'm really surprised that so many don't like this one. I'm having a great time with it!

I was really concerned, based on everyone else saying how difficult it is, but I'm now about 2/3 through, and gold on every level so far. I've had to replay some levels once or twice to get it, but it really hasn't been that difficult.

Very happy with it!

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on May 18, 11 6:15 AM
Pretty good game but I am a bit disappointed, I was expecting a challenge but finished in less that an afternoon.
In this day and age I find it hard to believe they did not use spell check lol "The rescuers are being reworded today" lol

[Post New]by SusanEWillison on May 22, 11 12:22 AM
I've played loads of these sort of games, with varying degrees of success, but this one completely beats me! I just can't complete a level in less than 10 minutes! How on earth do you manage to get gold?? Someone please help!!

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on May 22, 11 5:56 AM
SusanEWillison wrote:I've played loads of these sort of games, with varying degrees of success, but this one completely beats me! I just can't complete a level in less than 10 minutes! How on earth do you manage to get gold?? Someone please help!!

I'm happy just to be able to complete these types of games. So many have stoppers in them if you don't get a medals, in essence you're paying for fewer than 10 levels in most of these games. This one has a timer that will never stop you, as you replay levels you see how to get gold. I only had 4 gold the 1st time through and now I have over 30.

Another enormous plus is that this game can be played for hours on end and it does not overheat your computer. Royal Envoy, which I absolutely love, really overheats my computers and has sent 2 to the shop - re CPU fried. They are dead. ROR2 doesn't overheat either. Royal Envoy is a far better, but it's not worth anymore of my computers, I can only 1 level at a time on my new gaming computer.

I think that in Rescue Team, I get gold purely by accident, but who cares.

[Post New]by sburt9 on May 22, 11 2:21 PM
Is there no time limit on this game? It seems to give you all the time you need to complete each level. What is the challenge if this is the case.

Marcie28018
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Marcie28018 on May 24, 11 10:42 PM
Hi fishes,
I love this game it is fun and challenging. I have gold on all levels so far, as I am only on level 39 and still going. This is a terrific game and I give it a tumbs up . Oh getting the gold depends on the path you take and how you go about it. I have beat the clock with time to spare. I do wish there was more than fixing my house. It has been finished and there is nothing to do now but complete the game.

Kool2Kiss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Kool2Kiss on May 26, 11 8:25 PM
Love it...love it...love it!

pooch7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pooch7 on May 31, 11 4:37 AM
Like it!!!!

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Jun 1, 11 3:59 AM
Enjoyable game, but very much like MKFTP and Roads of Roam. Nevertheless, I bought it and liked playing it.
The timer does run out very quickly, and it seems most levels I am literally a second or two off getting gold every time!! (ie the rescued people are running back to my house as the buzzer goes off). I haven't completed my house yet, so am currently re-playing some levels to get more money, yet still literally 1/2 a second off getting gold a lot of the time.
Despite the frustration, I have enjoyed playing.

[Post New]by oxford_tigger on Jun 2, 11 5:08 PM
Liked it, thought level about right, only comment would be I'd have liked more of the group tasks and maybe some hidden gems like in RTR. Still, I'd buy a sequel if you released one :-)

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Jul 2, 11 3:49 AM
Fun game although some levels were very difficult. Still I am glad I purchased it.

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on Jul 20, 11 8:23 PM
I think it is a really fun. You can replay the levels without mistakes.It is a good challenge to get all as many rocks and debre out of the way.

Agenduh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Agenduh on Jul 27, 11 3:43 PM
Actually a prety fun game. I did like My Kingdom for the Princess better, but this was good and challenging...especially at the end. I love these kind of time management games and appreciate everyone posting what they liked or not (other games)

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Sep 2, 11 3:57 PM
mom68 wrote:Meh. I've played my favorite TM games for some time now, and have to agree with one reviewer who stated they liked The Timebuilders and Royal Envoy far better. This one really didn't allow you to interact with the workers or the people being rescued, and the graphics regarding the introduction to the story really didn't appeal. If you like clearing roads like in MKFTP, then you'll love this game. I loved MKFTP 1 and disliked greatly #2. This feels far too much of a repeat. Timebuilders really nailed it with the time period, as did Royal Envoy. I'd give this a 1 out of 5 thumbs up.

In other words, this is a repeat of several other games, but with far less streamlined graphics.

I have two game tokens burning in my "online pocket" and cannot even bring myself to buy this game. Pass.

Just to update, I did purchase this game eventually, mostly because I was dying for another TM game to dig my teeth into. I've finished all the levels, and it was still just an "okay" game for me.

Thanks go out to BFG for keeping the games coming! Happy Gaming, Fishes!

Go to: