DIKIDI
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hollywood Files: Deadly Intrigues

[Post New]by DIKIDI on May 9, 11 8:44 AM
I rarely comment on any games from BFG because I rarely have cause for complaint. This game, however, is just SOOO bad I just had to say something! The timer, the poor graphics, the lack of a cohesive storyline, the poor (or non-existant) instructions, having to start over again and again, unrecognisable objects--any of these could be a deal-breaker. Taken in conjunction, I am led to assume that the selection of new games is just so slim that this game must have been chosen to present to us by default. Never, never, never will I waste my hard earned money (or Punch Card Credits) on any such poorly done work!

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on May 9, 11 9:22 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Thank you Thank you Thank you BFG for this game today

I tried it ,hated it & deleted it.

It means I can happily get on with all those games I am also playing , Hidden in Time, Shiver, My Kingdom for a Princess II. At this rate I might even be able to fit in a re run of Dying for daylight LOL.

Please send us a few more games as bad as this one, it helps out financially as we are not spending & value for money as we replay old favourites.

Good Choice !!!!!

This is so perfect.. well said jojo and thanks for the morning laugh

Jolly6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Jolly6 on May 9, 11 9:59 AM
If this isn't the MOST boring game, it's close! I only played for 10 minutes and couldn't stand another second!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 9, 11 10:01 AM
Totally agree with everyone else. Graphics were aweful, very blurry, too cartoon like, boring game play. Always try a game, no matter what anyone said about it, but this was really bad. I only lasted 8 minutes. No buy for me.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on May 9, 11 10:08 AM
I've always wondered when a bad game comes out.......is there a time when the developers say "Alright we have a winner people are going to love this game. Let's put it out there." Or...."We have spent enough money on this game. Let's get some back. Let's put it out there." Or...."We don't want to do beta testing on this game." Or ...."We don't believe the game is as bad as the beta testers say it was."

What do you think? Oh and thanks for writing reviews. I won't even download this game.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 9, 11 10:33 AM
Giggy, I think the folks that run this whole shebang really don't care for the most popular genre, and they probably only run a game long enough to check that it will actually open up and play. It appears that they only really play the really good ones. So we get carp like this passed on to us from time to time...we do speak with out bucks and even our credits, so they know what they are doing. Maybe they get a tax credit for these losers, lol. I usually always try games, even if they are dissed, but I hate timers, so won't even bother with this one.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 9, 11 10:34 AM
You guys know I like to help out the new developers - so I played the full demo and I'm going to purchase the game tomorrow because 1) it is not a bad HOG. Some of the objects are small and some of the language scripting could use work, but I finished all the hidden object scenes without using any hints and with at least 10 minutes left on the clock; and 2) the graphics are actually quite good and so is the story. It's a mystery and I'm a sucker for mysteries. Timers don't bother me because I play lots of timed games. No skip options don't bother me either, but I will mention them in the formal review for consideration for future development because truthfully, they should be options in this day and age.

I didn't experience any problems with clicking. There was one mini-game that I'm not sure worked correctly for me (the "tetris" type one) as I couldn't manipulate the blocks - but maybe I just need to read instructions - LOL.

The puzzles aren't difficult and they are varied. There are "Find The Differences" with fingerprints, but you don't have to find tons of differences - just five and they were fairly easy to spot; Picture sliders and I think Cherb mentioned the rest.

I'll write a complete review after I've completed the game, which by the way looks to be a decent length. But as straight HOGs go, this one isn't bad at all. It's colorful, lots of thought went into the design and story, and the grapics and art are very good. The text was a bit difficult for me to read, but all in all, a great first effort for this team.

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 12:22:23 PM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 9, 11 11:07 AM
A definate no buy for me. Didn't like graphics and all that reading and jumping around. Taking pictures? Where do they come up with games like this?

SSSTANG
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SSSTANG on May 9, 11 11:25 AM
Awful. I LOVE hog's, but this one is a real stink-bomb. (My apologies to the developers for being so blunt).

The picture-taking, in the beginning, was confusing (I was supposed to take 15 pics, but it stopped after 4???)

Then I was transported to a bar scene, but when I clicked on one item, I was magically transported to some little girl's bedroom...

The graphics are poorly defined and fuzzy, the items in the list are poorly illustrated, the mini games have no skip option (which I'd have liked to do, because they're sort of lame), and the comic book dialogues do not float my boat.

I don't think that I even lasted 10 minutes.

Sorry: Fail.

niki93
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by niki93 on May 9, 11 11:28 AM
This is a verison of a DS game that is very popular, I bought this game as well as all HOG & FROG games that come out they are entertaining in there own right if you choose not to play it's your call, but to be so harsh in your comments is uncalled for just don't buy. They is enough negativity in the word without a game site to have it too. We choose to play games, and are not forced to buy it against our will.
Just try to be more polite in your judgement, who knows there next game might be great.

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on May 9, 11 11:36 AM
Uh, ok....so as not to be too negative....the music wasn't too bad. (I mean the 4 mins I heard while playing the game)

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 11:37:22 AM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on May 9, 11 12:21 PM
Thanks for all the reviews-all of which were negative that I read so, I won't even play the trial. I'm wondering, though, because no one seems to like this game, did the developers really think it would sell?

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 9, 11 12:28 PM
Four minutes for me. I played it on my notebook so the scenes were almost impossible to see. I never saw a way of exiting the game either. It wound up locking up my notebook. Defintely deleting. Absolutely horrible game.

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on May 9, 11 12:33 PM
I had to uninstall this game without even playing, it as it completly froze up after I typed in my name.It looks like I didn't miss anything!

sassymom6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sassymom6 on May 9, 11 12:33 PM
This game is awful, only lasted 3 minutes before trashing.

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on May 9, 11 1:01 PM
Oh my days BFG what a load of rubbish, totally agree with all the previous posts about the game, its like reading a comic,

marsute
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

I'm usually a big HOG fan

[Post New]by marsute on May 9, 11 1:09 PM
but this game is just awful.

devolyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by devolyn on May 9, 11 1:18 PM
niki93 wrote:This is a verison of a DS game that is very popular, I bought this game as well as all HOG & FROG games that come out they are entertaining in there own right if you choose not to play it's your call, but to be so harsh in your comments is uncalled for just don't buy. They is enough negativity in the word without a game site to have it too. We choose to play games, and are not forced to buy it against our will.
Just try to be more polite in your judgement, who knows there next game might be great.

I completely agree. While all games will not please everyone, we can definately take the high road and be professional and polite. So, although I did not enjoy it, the next person might. Give it a chance and be objective in your critisisms. You may just help the developers make the next perfect game!

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on May 9, 11 1:23 PM
Based on three pages of good reviews about a crappy game, it goes without saying that I'm definitely passing this BF wannabe.

We are so beyond comic strip graphics and have been spoiled rotten by some really great games recently. I can't for the life of me understand why BF threw this one out there... Maybe they were aiming for the trash, missed and it landed in the pond!! Well, listen up BF...NO ONE'S BITING!!!

.... and a timer??? really???

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 9, 11 1:47 PM
Games like this that implode occasionally seem to inspire the most entertaining and fun to read comments and reviews forums LOL, Reading makes up for the awful demo time we suffered and far less bickering.

I always try to find something in any game that is worthwhile to me, many times go against the tide and find a gem...so I'll say the best thing about this one was the EXIT Option.

How many of us have bought a game that turns into a dud and were sorry just to fill that last punch or because it's a freebie? My guess is that BF does the same thing a couple times a month just to fill that promise of a new game every day. OK, Felix, you got your quota from pickins so what's next? It's got to be better. I'd go for 20 good games a month but can't even afford that many 12? Yeh 2 punchcards max for me I'm OK passing this one up.

Go to: