Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hobby Farm

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 21, 11 11:46 PM
This is by the same makers of My Farm Life. An enjoyable romp with an eldery couple that decide to take on farming in paradise. There is a crazy guy on the next island and he wants the couple gone. Great game.

This game is an A+.

[Post New]by jellybiscuit on May 24, 11 11:17 PM
Remake of My Farm Life.

It's more complicated in that there are more machines and animal options, but it's easier overall. My only complaint is that I felt like there wasn't enough room for everything, oh and choosing ice cream ingredients was harder than it needed to be. Everything fits, but just barely. I was left with a lot less dogs than the other game. Not really a problem since the thieves are less effective in this one.

Maybe it was because I'd played the previous game, but I went straight through this one with stars on all levels the first time.

[Post New]by crissimorris on May 31, 11 9:44 PM
Cute! Not sure if I'll buy or not - too many farm games lately . . . but there haven't been many choices lately Have 3 game credits burning in my pocket

rheadamom
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by rheadamom on Jun 9, 11 12:28 PM
I am trying to win all the trophies, I loaded two stoves at the same time, and I didn't get the trophy. Then it says in order to get another trophy, you have to load 4 stoves at the same time, there are only three that require wood, unless I am missing something. There is the orange, the cocoanut,and the coffee beans. I loaded the three then loaded one of the other ones again to see if that's what they meant.

gtitus09
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by gtitus09 on Jun 12, 11 6:37 AM
I played this for quite awhile on one of the game systems. I thought the graphics were really clear and attractive, and since I never played "My Farm Life" I didn't have a problem with comparing the two. What I didn't like about this, they just keep adding new machines, or increasing the amounts of crops, and the worst thing is the lack of space. I don't like when you have to work in the night with the dim light and watch for the thieves, but I hated the lack of space. I kept having to move things to try and make room. Ranch Rush, Farm Mania, and other Farm TM games, I didn't have this problem. You only get a small island, and their graphics are just a bit oversized I thought. When you look at the screen it looks more like an HOG game and one of the rooms you must find the object in, lol! Yeah it's all cluttered and hard to see your chickens, or find your goats or lambs. If they make a sequel I hope they will improve it, regarding this.

Qumquat
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Qumquat on Jul 12, 11 2:15 AM
I won't bother describing the story line since other people have already done that. I thought it was cute and disagree with the critics that said it was a little too unbelievable - since when are video games supposed to be believable. I just didn't realize that was a criteria. Learn something new everyday I guess.

There was a glitch in that the (typical) lazy hubby (sorry, been divorced 2x) gets started on a job you've already started and runs madly around the farm with his piece of wool, or bucket, or whatever he has that he now doesn't know what to do with. There are various "fixes" for this glitch recommended in another thread. It's a little annoying, but not annoying enough to gripe about.

Other than that I love the game better than most 'time management' games because you don't START OVER FROM SCRATCH every single level - I HATE THAT. And --- you have a relaxed mode after level five. I don't like TM games where it is just seeing how fast you can move your mouse and click - like the Dash games - there is no 'management' skill to it at all, it is just how fast you can move and click - not fun. I can't stand HOG games (poor eyesight), but the Dash type TM games make my hands and arms get sore and cramped. So this game was AWESOME. With the exception of the Robbers, it had all the elements I like in a TM game, plus some almost no other games have. Except forcing you to buy the stupid dog I didn't want.

I like having the ability to arrange things my way like choosing where I get to plant things and stuff like that. It's almost like a hidden pictures games sometimes trying to find those goats and sheep, peacocks and chickens. I think they do that on purpose as part of the challenge.

"My Farm Life" (I think that's the name) is very similar but I've only played the trial - very different backstory, but same type of game play. Seems like another fun game if you like this one. I don't know if it goes into a clicking frenzy in later levels.

I've already played it through once, but I'll prob mess around and try different layouts and stuff and just play with it. Many times I wish games had modes like that if you just enjoy fine-tuning processes. You know, TIME MANAGEMENT.

Like other ppl have mentioned, it would've been nice to have just a bit more room and I was just a tad disappointed with the end of the story - I had expected a different ending, although it WAS a nice ending, redeemed the original premise w/t prisoners.

[Post New]by wiltrk96 on Jul 13, 11 4:33 PM
I love this game its alot of fun! I am playing it for about the 5 time.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Aug 11, 11 9:14 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by XandraSkye on Aug 13, 11 11:57 AM
I got this on sale a couple of days ago and I really like it but it is very similiar to "Ranch Rush" but with just a few changes... and some for the better.

If you like the farming games and nothing too stressful, this is a very fun game that I would recommend.

Hispagirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Hispagirl on Aug 26, 11 6:20 AM
rheadamom wrote:I am trying to win all the trophies, I loaded two stoves at the same time, and I didn't get the trophy. Then it says in order to get another trophy, you have to load 4 stoves at the same time, there are only three that require wood, unless I am missing something. There is the orange, the cocoanut,and the coffee beans. I loaded the three then loaded one of the other ones again to see if that's what they meant.

I am having problems with this as well. It doesn't make sense. What exactly are we supposed to do?

[Post New]by jeffreyn on Sep 4, 11 12:48 PM
Nice presentation, but I can't harvest on Day 2.

I click, double-click, and even right click on the tangerine or java plant & nothing happens.

There is no Help either.

How do you harvest?

[Post New]by mschuerer on Sep 16, 11 8:38 AM
I really like this game - no brainer.
It is not currently working. It turns itself off midway through the game. 9/16/2011

[Post New]by nancyyh on Sep 25, 11 7:38 AM
I like the game. It passes time . However, Dislikes are: 1. the large area of each item you place on the island. 2. unable to expand in any way, 3. no help file to figure out how to make things such as shredded coconut. ( I don't have time to go online and check the forums all the time while playing. ) 4. the other islands gave the impression there was expansion possibilities.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 25, 11 10:44 AM
Hi nancyyh,

Just in case you haven't seen it yet, I responded to your other post with some tips for the shredded coconut.

Click HERE

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

MYsQisHy
Clownfish
Clownfish
935 Posts

[Post New]by MYsQisHy on Sep 27, 11 8:17 PM
I enjoyes this game, like others have been saying its similar to "ranch rush" and "my farm life" Think i perferm ranch rush, but like this one better than my farm life

moonflower994
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by moonflower994 on Jan 4, 12 6:22 AM
I loved this game (as well as My farm Life 1 and 2) and have played it over twice now.
I loved the fact that its an older couple doing the farming as it shows the reality that older people can work and are still needed in our society. Another unique feature about this game is that Jill puts some of the animals to work for her , making products. SHe has a hamster who spins wool, a donkey who makes juice, and a couple of parrots making fans out of peacock feathers and shells. Too cute! I like that fact that the storehouse is an old boat as well. This game has a timed as well as a relaxed mode , which gives the player more choice. I wish all TM games had this as I believe this would increase sales and popularity.

pamhamlet
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by pamhamlet on Mar 5, 12 6:19 AM
jeffreyn wrote:...I click, double-click, and even right click on the tangerine or java plant & nothing happens.
There is no Help either.

How do you harvest?

If you ran through the tutorial at the beginning of the game, it shows you that you need to first pick up a harvesting basket before you click on the fruits/vegetables. You can only carry 4 produce at a time into the storehouse using the basket.

I am liking this farming game very much. I got to level 25 in timed mode, but now I'm playing in relaxed mode, which is more my style. The only farming game I played aside from Hobby Farm, was Farm Frenzy, which I wasn't too crazy about with all the frantic clicking. My hand was getting sore and it was not enjoyable to me. I am now up to level 40 in Hobby Farm and it is very fun. How you organize the layout of your farm helps a lot.

For example, I place all machines together that use goat's milk, then I place the bell to call the goats and buckets to collect their milk right near the machines. I plant the crops near the machines for which they are needed. I placed the storage houses in the center of the property with everything laid out in a circle around them. I place bags of seeds at the ends of rows containing that plant. Just using common sense in your planning makes the gameplay more efficient and less frustrating when trying to beat the timer.

It's been a blast---hard to tear myself away!

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Mar 6, 12 10:35 PM
I liked it - especially the ability to rearrange everything in more efficient order and decide on some of the optional upgrades and, of course, casual mode.

I liked Wandering Willows, too, and I mention that because the one complaint I have about both these games is the trophies. I see here and in other forums that people are complaining about the trophies not working right, and I add my voice once more to that chorus. In particular with this game, I wonder about the "complete all days without fail" award - I assume that means meeting all orders exactly...no hamster (that is not a gopher) to eat the mistakes, but that isn't it because I did that. So maybe with no thief success? I did that, too. The only thing left is to be in timed mode and make gold medals every day and I confess I haven't yet succeeded at that although I have only Day 50 to go. Maybe it won't award you if you restart? I have to do that, too, when John gets messed up and starts running around aimlessly with ice cubes...

Anyway, sorry to be so wordy but if you are like me and like the low-pressure games like this one, Willows, Castaways, then you probably like the awards as well and it's a shame when they don't work right.

Edited on 03/06/2012 at 10:36:18 PM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Gets a C- from me

[Post New]by Yaelle on Apr 9, 12 12:36 AM
I have played just about every major TM game out there, especially the ones that are just like this - the ranches, farms & whatnot. I actually spent my credits on this one and I'm REALLY regretting having done so.
Kicking myself for buying this.
Its just not as fun as the Ranch Rushes, the hmmm....having trouble remembering all the other names of similar games but this was the first one that I played that has felt very frustrating.
Like other reviewers said, the lack of space & the screen size - how much you can see on the screen at once - are really frustrating.

So normally when I'm playing a farming game, I'll enjoy the challenges, the rewards, the upgrades & the storyline but not so with Hobby Farm.
Have I mentioned I am kicking myself?

[Post New]by Arike2 on May 26, 13 6:08 PM
I love this game!! It is much longer than the Youda games, 50 levels! And it gets increasingly hard but is still doable. My biggest complaint is that at the later levels (40 and up) it keeps crashing!! It just freezes up and I can't do anything but leave the game and start over. After trying the last level 10 times I am ready to give up!! I am playing on the iPad mini and still have half the memory available. I think it may be a working memory problem or something, because it only happened at the bigger/later levels so far. Really annoying when you are almost there and the game freezes. Hope you can fix this!!

Go to: