Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fruits Inc.

[Post New]by Sante001 on May 11, 11 4:47 PM
I usually love TM games. However, this one could have stood a little more development. Why you might ask . . .

* The game is very slow. In other words, you spend a lot of time waiting for something to happen. I found myself just staring at the screen waiting for things to grow.

* Tutitoral was not very good. If you are a TM gamer, you could figure it out.

* The quality of the graphics was just so-so.

* Music, I usually turn off, however, the sound was a little too much.

* I didn't get past the first 16 minutes, stopped and deleted so I can't offer much more.

No buy for me.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 11, 11 5:17 PM

Sante001 wrote:
I didn't get past the first 16 minutes, stopped and deleted so I can't offer much more.

No buy for me.

And this is exactly why there are so few TM games being released these days. Soon they'll be gone altogether and I'll have to go back to playing mainstream games (Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, Brothers In Arms, Bioshock, Civilization, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six Vegas, Command & Conquer, Company of Heroes, Borderlands, Ghost Recon, Hitman, Tomb Raider, etc.). Hmm, now that sounds good. I'll be back later...

Edited on 05/17/2011 at 12:21:01 PM PST

Zolea
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Zolea on May 11, 11 5:33 PM
SnowNSew wrote:I almost didn't even attempt this trial due to the reviews this game received. I did, however, and I am glad I did.

I totally agree with SnowNSew! I am glad I went ahead and tried it and gave it a decent chance. It is more strategy and less clicking then most TM. I liked it enough to buy because I can see major challenges in it!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 11, 11 6:17 PM
Anytime I can't get gold on the opening level first time I play, I know there is something going on. The game just doesn't hit my "gotta have it" button. It lacks that something. While I love TM farm games, this one just misses the mark.

This game is a B.

hb98rml
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by hb98rml on May 11, 11 6:19 PM
TuffTadpoles wrote:
Nice game. I love it! It's different. Once you figure things out, this game is a lot of fun. I wasn't concerned with earning gold during the demo, which allowed me to relax, tinker with things and learn how to play it correctly. I'll go back and try to earn the gold trophies later on.

Your fruit is sold automatically after a period of time. Watch the colored timer bar under each fruit move to the left as time passes. When the bar disappears the quantity of fruit shown is sold directly to market.

You can also sell your fruit manually by clicking on the chalkboard sign in the lower right corner of the screen when a dollar sign appears (you have to wait for it). This allows you to sell the fruit before it's sold automatically if you're in a hurry.

If you want to make juice at one of your factories, make sure there's some fruit in inventory and then drag one of the fruit icons over to the factory before the timer bar disappears, otherwise the fruit will be shipped directly to market (i.e. the fruit does not automatically go to a factory. You have to move it manually by either dragging the fruit icon from the lower right corner of the screen, or by clicking on the factory and then clicking the appropriate button to load the fruit into the factory).

Don't send a technician to spray for bugs until the bugs are swarming, otherwise you'll be wasting time and materials. Spray the bugs when they increase in number, become noticibly larger in size and begin flying around in frenzied circles.

Be patient with this game and don't worry about the trophies during the demo. You'll enjoy the game much more once you figure out how things work.

I harvested my apples in the first level. But it still said I had no apples in my inventory, no coins, the bar didn't move and the dollar sign wasn't available!

[Post New]by bbabyblueeyes on May 11, 11 8:20 PM
I had the same problem as the person who posted just before me, i was expecting to come here and find there is a fault with the game?? But it seems others are playing it so what am i missing??

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 11, 11 10:47 PM
bella81762 wrote:
eidica2 wrote:OMG! I am a time management/strategy game junkie ( not so much on the HOG's as they have no replay value)........this one is really dumb a**! Rescue Team was the last decent game to be put out since Royal Envoy.

hi, and welcome to the pond, did you try "time builders pyramid rising" it is very simular to royal envoy, but with a egyptian theme.......very fun

I am so glad to see a plug for Rescue Team! I played it after Hobby Farm and found it fun. I didn't purchase it, I have to admit, because I'm in "no purchase" mode at the moment, so I downloaded My Kingdom for a Princess again since I purchased it and it's, well, free.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 11, 11 10:49 PM
eidica2 wrote:hi! and thankyou. Yes I've played that one. I've played mostly them all! I hear there is a Royal Envoy 2 coming out soon. I'd also like to see a Wandering Willows 2 as well.

I agree. I never managed to get the ChaCha and one other animal (just too much trouble to win that last trophy), but I like Wandering Willows. I love Royal Envoy!

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 11, 11 11:06 PM
Zemane wrote:seven tips from our team that might help:

1. Fruits can be sold quickly by clicking on the Sell Sign button, just above the storage. Try it!

2. You don’t need to complete the level’s objectives following the order presented. You can complete the level’s objectives in the order you want.

3. From time to time the farms can be attacked by bugs. Combat them is a timing task, as soons as possible might not be the best way!

4. Fruit’s derivatives can be produced by dragging the fruits from the storage to the desired factory.

5. Every time you use one of the factories you have the chance to get a experience token. Experience tokens can be further used for factory upgrades. You can upgrade factories to produce more, or require fewer workers to produce. You get a token every time you produce 200 units of products from a factory. You can see how many tokens you have at the top of the screen. Use them to unlock new brands and colors and customize your products.

6. To upgrade a building just click on it to open its window. Click on one of the upgrade tabs and click on the icon of the upgrade.

7. You can change the product that a factory produce by clicking on it and selecting the edit option. Now you can create a new product or select a previous created one.

Dear Zemane,

I'm really sorry that I didn't like the game, but I simply couldn't figure it out. The fact that you have to make a post explaining the game to us should alert you to the fact that the tutorial isn't adequate.

Many of us are experienced TM players, but it was unclear how to sell products, why you needed technicians, etc. And please get grandma's body off the #&%$ screen as the seconds tick away!

I don't mind replaying levels on a TM game--part of the fun of TM games is figuring out the right order for tasks--but this game was just frustrating because I couldn't even perform the basic tasks in time at the beginning levels without replaying.

The result is that I deleted the game last night and have no interest in reinstalling it to play the rest of the demo.

I'm not trying to be mean here: maybe your game is the next Royal Envoy, but not without better instructions.

Edited on 05/11/2011 at 11:18:27 PM PST

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on May 12, 11 12:03 AM
Zemane wrote:...
sorry, the $ button i am talking about is the clicking button (the black board one) not the $ key on the keyboard

about the grandma the intent is that she tells you exactly what to do in the first group of levels. we followed a more strict tutorial approach, like a step-by-step. unfortunately seems like she is annoying more then helping. the good news is that she is only present in a few levels, about 4 or 5 (the game has 45 levels).

about level 1.3 it is suposed to teach about the best strategy to combat the insects. combating them takes time and after you do it the farm restart to grow. So, you need to figure out the best time to call the technicians because you can do it in a way you loose only one cycle or if you do it poorly you can loose 2 or 3.
Thank-you for your reply Zemane.

I did like quite a lot about the game, even though I am a confirmed adventurer and rarely play TM/Strategy.

I have also read your hints and the other posts from those who got more quickly to grips with the game. Will also have a closer look at that HELP button another poster mentioned - shoulda thought of that LOL .

Will have another think about this towards the end of the month when I have to decide what to do with my expiring coupons/see how many points I need to finish my card.

Thank-you for being so helpful in this forum

edit - spelling LOL

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 12:04:34 AM PST

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on May 12, 11 2:05 AM
I was very surprised that this game got so many bad reviews as I think it's fabulous. Still, I understand the points mentioned and agree with some of them.

In general, this is one of the games that needs some time to grow on me. The tutorial is a bit annoying, with giant Grandma staying on the screen so long. At one point I thought the game had crashed because nothing happened and Grandma didn't go away, but it was just a slight delay and everything worked fine again.
I didn't find the tutorial confusing, though. Granted, it would have been nice to know what the technicians were for, but that was explained/found out in the level following that tutorial, so it was fine for me. Apart from that, I think the tutorial explains everything very well.

The first levels are slow and I was close to stop playing, but decided to give it some time. And it was worth it. Levels became more busy quickly and the hour of the trial went by far too soon.

There are some neat ideas, such as having different brands of juice, needing to plan materials and workers as well as deciding on what to plant. It's like a well-done mixture of a building and a farm game. I liked this combination, it brought a new twist to two genres which are otherwise a bit overused (there was another farm game on BFG just the day before this one. I opened it, got the impression that it was a clone of another farm game I played and deleted it).

I also liked that one didn't just breeze through the levels and got gold right away. This game requires some planning ahead, some strategy. I restarted some levels when noticing that my current strategy didn't work. For me, that's a positive aspect of the game. I don't mind if I don't get gold away, in the first run I just see that I get the levels done at all. One can't actually fail a level here (at least I didn't notice so during the first hour, even I took quite some time on several levels), so one has time to find out and try strategies. In my opinion that increases the fun.

There are several products to discover and every few levels, a new aspect is brought into game play so that it doesn't get boring. One starts with just apples, but other fruit are added and then there are different products for each fruit and different brands for each product. I'm looking forward to the next levels and to see how it all develops. Definite buy for me.

Katybug273
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Katybug273 on May 12, 11 2:37 AM
LIFEISBLESSED wrote:Hi You All,

I very seldom post anything on this forums, unless I have something very important to say. But lately, I am very furious with BF because all I see is these kinds of games, which I don't care to play, and I have been searching for older games since newer games are these types, which I could care less. Maybe other fishes like them, and I am sorry, but I can do without them.

WHERE ARE IHOGs, I want to get lost, find things, put them together, go to the next adventure or place, or scene, whatever place it is. I find adventures interactive hidden objcts more interesting, and have been missing them.

It is either, CE games, or TM games, I don't know what else to do. I want to be able to play games.

I apologize for posting here on the: "Your Comments & Reviews but, I couldn't help it, because of the way I feel about these kinds of games. By the way BF, bring us the games we are waiting for!!
Thank you for your time reading.
Marty & Family

I sincerely mean this when I say - I hope you are joking. Importantly joking. Given how few, very few TM's are released here and how very many, many HOG's are. We go days, weeks before we see something different and I have NEVER, EVER gone to any game I wasn't interested in to complain, whine, and moan about how many they have had. We had TWO, count them TWO TM releases back to back....say How nice instead of being angry & frustrated because you can bet not everyone like's HOGs or IHOGs but we are much more POLITE and don't go posting it all over. There is on occassion a thread in the Chit Chat about it and perhaps a little shared wine & cheese takes place but it is not on a game's review.

Sorry, I said something. I'm normally quiet as well. But this...frustrated me.

For Fruits Inc - I was okay with not getting gold easily as I'm not hardcore about gold every level unless I really love the game. I have found on some games it just causes too much frustration rather than enjoyment for what it is.
The tutorial was okay as well. I just didn't care for the actual game play a lot. I realize it might just be me as I didn't care for the farming game before this one eitheir. I always think it's cool when a game developer takes the time to interact with their customers though so huge kudo's for that!

trifle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by trifle on May 12, 11 5:46 AM
Most game tutorials are pretty clear on what you have to do. They make it nice and simple pointing out what each icon does and what you have to do. This was a nightmare. Grandma takes up a huge amount of screen room and the clock keeps ticking while she is "instructing" you. It took me 4 retries to even figure out how to play the very first level.

The unrealistic times for gold, the amount of time it takes for the workers to come out and actually do anything, the lack of instruction, the inability to upgrade your factories to proiduce faster, having to hire a technician to spray for bugs, the amount of money required to spray for bugs, the overall monotonousness of the game, and the frustration level did not inspire me at all.

I love farming games and was really hoping that something soley fruit based would be a nice change from the veg and animals in most farming games. What a disappointment.

While I was sorely tempted to uninstall within the first 5 minutes I decided to just play out the hour and see if it got better in any way.

No it did not.

I had decided within 5 minutes of play that I would not be spending any money on this game and the additional 55 minutes spent playing did not change my mind.

Somebody use a technician to spray and kill this game....

mdmartin25
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by mdmartin25 on May 12, 11 7:20 AM

I very seldom post anything on this forums, unless I have something very important to say. But lately, I am very furious with BF because all I see is these kinds of games, which I don't care to play, and I have been searching for older games since newer games are these types, which I could care less. Maybe other fishes like them, and I am sorry, but I can do without them.

WHERE ARE IHOGs, I want to get lost, find things, put them together, go to the next adventure or place, or scene, whatever place it is. I find adventures interactive hidden objcts more interesting, and have been missing them.

It is either, CE games, or TM games, I don't know what else to do. I want to be able to play games.

I apologize for posting here on the: "Your Comments & Reviews but, I couldn't help it, because of the way I feel about these kinds of games. By the way BF, bring us the games we are waiting for!!
Marty & Family

You are joking right? My goodness, every single day all I see are Hidden Object, Hidden Object, Hidden Object. I almost went back to the new releases for the month to COUNT how many dang HOGs there were...we've had what 2 TM???? I'm sorry, but your comment just really hit a nerve with me. Good grief!

ScoutsMom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ScoutsMom on May 12, 11 9:17 AM
I love TM games and TM games that are farm based are my favorite. But this is BAD. I very rarely delete a game with out trying the full hour because you never know it might get better - but this one had no fighting chance of getting better. I played for about 45 min or so and deleted it. Outside of not getting much instruction to start, I think my biggest issue was Grandma not going away. Once you get done reading what she has to say or do what she wanted it still took her an additional 20 seconds to go away which was an additional 20 seconds coming off the clock but yet you cant click on anything. Gold is hard to get with this game and when you have to just sit there and do nothing because the game wont let you is very frustrating.

Zemane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Zemane on May 12, 11 9:17 AM
ojennifer wrote:I don't mind a game where I have to work to get gold on the levels. However, this game seems like an annoying cross between build-a-lot and farming.

I disliked the build-a-lot series, and this reminded me of that. I also think that if a developer has to get on here and explain how the game works, then there is something wrong with the game in the first place.

Hello Jennifer, you are 100% right in both of your arguments. The game is similar to build-a-lot and some other building games and is intended to the public that like this game. Sorry that it wasn't good enough to make you like the genre. I am here to help anyone that needs and the game has some serious issues we are now aware of.

Thanks for your comments it's valuable to us so we can improve things in the future.

Zemane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Zemane on May 12, 11 9:34 AM
mdmartin25 wrote:

Marty & Family

You are joking right? My goodness, every single day all I see are Hidden Object, Hidden Object, Hidden Object. I almost went back to the new releases for the month to COUNT how many dang HOGs there were...we've had what 2 TM???? I'm sorry, but your comment just really hit a nerve with me. Good grief!

We at the studio feel a little that way. And we did some bad decisions along the way, like the grandma tutorial. However, we read carefully all the reviews here and they will be helpful for a next game that might improve the TM genre like others did.

We will continue to monitor this thread and try to help as much as we can.

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 9:37:34 AM PST

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on May 12, 11 9:42 AM
I played this for quite awhile yesterday and really enjoyed it.

I'd like to pipe up about the clock running while Grandma is still on the screen. Another gripe I have is when you do the mini game the clock keeps running. If the water flowed faster that wouldn't be a problem, but when it takes about 1 minute to get through the pipes, that's a bit much. I love those types of mini games, but can't afford the minute off the clock to get it done, plus the fruit harvest either slowed way down during that time or didn't move at all.

Zemane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Zemane on May 12, 11 9:49 AM
bbabyblueeyes wrote:I had the same problem as the person who posted just before me, i was expecting to come here and find there is a fault with the game?? But it seems others are playing it so what am i missing??

I am not really sure what is going on but I can say this farms take sometime to grow and the harvest occurs only when the timer at the top of the screen is full AND your farm has grown. When a harvest occur, the fruits goes to your bar at the bottom right and the $ sign at the black board becomes available.

hope it helps.

[Post New]by heathcom40 on May 12, 11 12:22 PM
Thank you Zemane, for your posts. I also played for about 5 min, was frustrated with the tutorial, then came to the forum to see if there were any tips. Thanks to the advice I was able to complete the levels in Expert modes. I like the strategy element, am a huge TM game fan, and don't mind working for Expert score if it means figuring out the strategy involved. So I enjoyed playing the demo.

I am not sure yet whether this one will be a purchase for me. I'll probably wait until it shows up as a DD. But I am grateful to see more TM games like this, especially for the Mac. I have been considering suspending my BFG membership because of the lack of new, interesting, quality, non-HOGs. Good strategy games like this make me hopeful.

I also agree that there needs to be a "Skip Tutorial" button in order to get Grandma off the screen. I was at the 5th level when my demo ended, and Grandma was on there for an exorbitant amount of time.

Thanks again for developing these types of games!

Go to: