gtodd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by gtodd on May 24, 11 11:46 PM
froggyma wrote:
emee wrote:Like Talkhost, I have found only 4 gems. I've gone page by page through the strategy guide and I seem to have completed all of the activities for all 5 of the gems, but I have only 4 gems. I have obviously missed one somewhere but I can't find any scene that will allow me to recover whichever gem I missed. Help!!! Please, someone who has completed the game, take pity on this less-talented player. I can't go any further without the items that 5th gem allows you to collect.

Talkhost wrote:Like the game so far, but I can't find all the gems. I feel like a dope with the integrated strategy guide right there. I've been through the guide several times and can't find where I missed one. LOL!! Can't wait to get deeper into the game.

gtodd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by gtodd on May 24, 11 11:49 PM
First scene. Find a gem on right wall. It took me a long time to find it. Now, how do I skip tile puzzle? I'm not alone on this one.

7SlotFever
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by 7SlotFever on May 25, 11 5:57 AM
emee wrote:Like Talkhost, I have found only 4 gems. I've gone page by page through the strategy guide and I seem to have completed all of the activities for all 5 of the gems, but I have only 4 gems. I have obviously missed one somewhere but I can't find any scene that will allow me to recover whichever gem I missed. Help!!! Please, someone who has completed the game, take pity on this less-talented player. I can't go any further without the items that 5th gem allows you to collect.

Talkhost wrote:Like the game so far, but I can't find all the gems. I feel like a dope with the integrated strategy guide right there. I've been through the guide several times and can't find where I missed one. LOL!! Can't wait to get deeper into the game.

Same here, have searched and searched through the scenes and guide and cannot find the 5th. I've not found reference to the FIRST GEM in the guide either so I'm stuck right now.

I JUST saw Froggyma's post, will look there for the GEM. and post back

7SlotFever
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by 7SlotFever on May 25, 11 5:58 AM
YES! In front of the car, on the right there is a headstone. That's where it's hidden.

Thank you!!!

[Post New]by tattie38 on May 25, 11 4:41 PM
johnmac55 wrote:i can not get the weight on the rope to access the treeehouse, any ideas

Having exactly the same problem! Can anyone help? PLEASE!!

[Post New]by s_oliver on May 26, 11 5:05 PM
is ti possible to buy the non collectors edition version? i dont want to spend the $14.

[Post New]by ronwade5 on May 26, 11 6:43 PM
Where in the hell is the fix for the "no skip" problem at the tile door puzzle? Someone had better get off their lazy bottoms and take care of this problem or I will find another site to purchase games.

[Post New]by nanner915 on May 27, 11 6:56 PM
autunmbabe wrote:The coloured tiles game the skip button does not load. I reinstalled the game and still same problem. What to do?

[Post New]by nanner915 on May 27, 11 7:01 PM
I am having the same problem. I tried reloading the game, and nothing happened. I cant figure that stupid puzzle out with the tiles on the door either! Anyone have a solution????

[Post New]by glamourize on May 29, 11 1:27 PM
I can not get past the nutcracker. I put the arm on and it keeps saying I still need a tool. The arm is supposed to be a lever for getting a nut but it's not working. I've tried twice now and nothing happens. Anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by nusnoom on May 30, 11 11:11 AM
TattyJane wrote:Can anyone help, please? Where is the walkthrough promised as part of the Collector's Edition? Alternatively, how do I find something to cut the vines obscuring a window near the station? And where do I find the pieces to enable me to access the bar at the hotel? The hints are useless: they just keep telling me I need to
cut the vines and to get into the bar! Many thanks!

[Post New]by nusnoom on May 30, 11 11:15 AM
yes, where is that guide. i'm stuck

lola2212
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lola2212 on May 30, 11 4:55 PM
457 diary i am really stuck can anyone give me a step by step...thanks

[Post New]by teholman on May 30, 11 7:40 PM
Well, we got thru this one. Very good, and with wife helping, only had to skip couple of puzzles. No problems with this game for us, running VISTA. Highly recommended! Thanks!

lola2212
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lola2212 on May 31, 11 2:40 PM
help with 457 dr diary..i keep trying but cant seem to get it...anyone like to let me know how!!!! thankyou

[Post New]by rikili on May 31, 11 8:57 PM
johnmac55 wrote:i can not get the weight on the rope to access the treeehouse, any ideas

i have tha same problem .

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by krinneyd on Jun 1, 11 4:05 PM

I'm having the same problem....help? :s

alaskan22
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by alaskan22 on Jun 2, 11 6:58 PM
nanner915 wrote:I am having the same problem. I tried reloading the game, and nothing happened. I cant figure that stupid puzzle out with the tiles on the door either! Anyone have a solution????

I'm another one having problems with the colored tiles. Why no skip on this very difficult puzzle? Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 7:00:23 PM PST

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Jun 5, 11 3:41 PM
Willita wrote:In the game Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector\'s Edition, the puzzle no active the opcion skip.- This in the pagina 33 of the Guia of Strategy.- That I can do?

I seat the errors, am Spanish and my english is not too good.-

Thanks

Hi Willita, your English is pretty good, and if I understand you correctly, this is your question:

"In the game Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition, a puzzle (shown on page 33 of the Strategy Guide), the option to skip that puzzle is not active (it does not work). What can I do? "

I have only played the demo, and so I can not give good advice to you about that, but maybe other people who are playing this game can help you figure it out.

I thought if I re-posted your question with the sentences a little more organized, that someone else can read it more clearly and help you. It seems that many people have the same problem. Good Luck!

( I haven't decided to buy it yet, and will wait to see if Big Fish developers fix this problem, and other problems.)

Edited on 06/05/2011 at 3:41:48 PM PST

pbrant
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by pbrant on Jun 5, 11 3:55 PM
I'm in the tunnel beneath the park, need kerosene, got it from treehouse, didn't put it in the lantern so don't know where it went. am stuck there since I can't get the lantern back. All of the games have worked ok and allowed me to skip the ones where I couldn't figure out what was going on. You are all right the guide is pretty awful. $13.99 and I can't finish the game. Boo hoo

Go to: