jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jkuci on May 12, 11 7:27 AM
sinshack wrote: I'm just happy that my brother, husband, boyfriend, son, professor, or grandfather didn't stumble on this town before I did, because now I only need to solve the secret of the town, not rescue another male member of the species that should have been GPS chipped at birth.

sinshack, I have had those same feelings but never knew how to express them as well as you have!

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by pvsquare on May 12, 11 7:54 AM
I played just a few minutes of this game and have decided this one is for me too. The graphics are good and the game challenges are very interesting. This one will be a buy for me. Thank you BFG. The most of the other fishes seem to like this one too.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on May 12, 11 8:13 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:Okay, another acronym lol - what's a HOPA?

It's at the end of the first paragraph on the download page:
Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 8:14:51 AM PST

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on May 12, 11 9:00 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:
I did think the jute box was out place, era wise.

The first recorded public demonstration of a coin-operated phonograph took place in San Francisco on the 23rd November 1889. (developed and filed for patent in 1891) You had to use listening tubes because it didn't have any amplification. The “Automatic Entertainer” with 24 selections was constructed late in 1905. The era of the modern electrically amplified phonographs began in 1926/27, with the “Electramuse” based on a patent of 1921/23.

So, could be "close" to 100 years, give or take a few

Love the game!

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on May 12, 11 9:45 AM
Boy oh Boy, you'd think I could show some restraint and wait to buy this later.....I have three CE's that I haven't played yet!....but no. I bought it Couldn't help myself...this is a great game for all the reasons others have already stated.

Graphics wonderful, music very apropriate, hidden object scenes are excellent....and different. Love that you have to use things, to get things. Makes them so much more interesting. Works with my 22" monitor like a charm.

This one will keep me occupied for ages. I'm one happy fishie today...although I really should be doing other things, boooooring things, like cleaning the house........I'm a bad fishie, I'm a bad fishie, I'm a bad fishie! OK I'm over the guilt now

Happy playing fellow fishies

juttertje
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by juttertje on May 12, 11 9:57 AM
bought the game this morning. excellent gameplay, beautiful graphics. a lot to do. interactive hiddenobject search. great. extras as always good but bonus gameplay too short.

Stariannah
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Stariannah on May 12, 11 10:09 AM
sinshack wrote:I'm just happy that my brother, husband, boyfriend, son, professor, or grandfather didn't stumble on this town before I did, because now I only need to solve the secret of the town, not rescue another male member of the species that should have been GPS chipped at birth.

LOL!! I actually briefly considered this when my son was very little. He had this annoying habit of hiding in stores...scared me to death more times than I can count. As revenge, when he got older and asked for a cell phone...I got him one with a minimum of fussing...but I made sure the darned thing had a GPS locator on it!

S.

jsfurman
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jsfurman on May 12, 11 10:41 AM
I really like this so far but probably won't buy. Not because it isn't good. Because I get angry when I cannot even find out how many chapters there are to determine if it is worth it. Once I see a walk-through or overview that lists the chapters, I may reconsider it. Anyone has a right to know what they are getting before they buy something. This may seem like a good marketing tactic but it only serves to lower my belief in BFG. Sorry...

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 12, 11 11:25 AM
Stariannah wrote:
sinshack wrote:I'm just happy that my brother, husband, boyfriend, son, professor, or grandfather didn't stumble on this town before I did, because now I only need to solve the secret of the town, not rescue another male member of the species that should have been GPS chipped at birth.

LOL!! I actually briefly considered this when my son was very little. He had this annoying habit of hiding in stores...scared me to death more times than I can count. As revenge, when he got older and asked for a cell phone...I got him one with a minimum of fussing...but I made sure the darned thing had a GPS locator on it!

S.

That would sure limit the lost relative themes - let's petition the devs for a GPS chip in all HOG characters so we can get some new story lines.

How about more murder mysteries, some hard core science fiction, some heart warming medical cure tales or maybe a story about a telepathic cat.....

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 11:26:06 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 12, 11 11:29 AM
jsfurman wrote:I really like this so far but probably won't buy. Not because it isn't good. Because I get angry when I cannot even find out how many chapters there are to determine if it is worth it. Once I see a walk-through or overview that lists the chapters, I may reconsider it. Anyone has a right to know what they are getting before they buy something. This may seem like a good marketing tactic but it only serves to lower my belief in BFG. Sorry...

They had me in the first 20 minutes...I knew that however long it is, I was going to enjoy the heck out of it and I wanted to start NOW!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 12, 11 12:18 PM
jsfurman wrote:I really like this so far but probably won't buy. Not because it isn't good. Because I get angry when I cannot even find out how many chapters there are to determine if it is worth it. Once I see a walk-through or overview that lists the chapters, I may reconsider it. Anyone has a right to know what they are getting before they buy something. This may seem like a good marketing tactic but it only serves to lower my belief in BFG. Sorry...

If you look at the SG, top left while playing, it tells you there are 6 Chapters and the bonus game. I missed it in the demo as well. LOL!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 12, 11 12:23 PM
Very nice game. The reviews are great, but don't do it justice. Awesome graphics, music is tolerable, game play is very nice. Don't much care for the "turn the dial" games, but not really difficult, just time consuming when you want to get back to the game. Skip takes forever to load. Anyway, a definite buy for me.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on May 12, 11 1:03 PM
Same old technical issues that have occurred too often of late. Cursor is sluggish and won't stay put. Hint action in slow motion. Also, don't care for the slowness of the skip mode. Otherwise, the game looks like it might have been interesting.

lovintnt
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by lovintnt on May 12, 11 1:17 PM
Is this a sequel? Funny thing, when I search "Dark Dimensions" I get NO results. Not even this game. So, I'm wondering about SE too. Looking for a little insight.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on May 12, 11 1:35 PM
Well, it grabbed me...

I was kicked out of the demo, I would have bought sooner but I was hooked into the game, and bought!

Very nice graphics.
Full screen on 17.5" Toshiba Satellite P500 ST68X2 Lap-Top.
Unconventional interactions in scenes, not all but some, very refreshing and amusing.
Good music, appropriate for the genera.
Sparkles? Not the bad sparkles that shine up every object but just show where the interactive areas are. Tolerable but not ideal.
Length. Can't tell yet.
Running flawlessly on Win-7 64

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 1:38:50 PM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on May 12, 11 2:15 PM
After i played the Demo and got kicked out, I bought the game, I love everythng about this game..Thx DEV's and BF you made my weekend..I might have to get a part time job lol to keep playing CE's..Well that is what the hubby thinks...lol

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on May 12, 11 2:40 PM
Tried the demo & was hooked after 12 min - will wait a couple days to buy as I see pages are appearing in the tech issues thread - generally they are system based - but as I'm one patiently waiting for a Raincliff patch - I'm feeling cautious.

I love all the "extra" thinking in **** scenes - seems this one will keep you on your toes (while wearing out your sneakers...) and also like all the extra clickables. This certainly seems like a game to take your time with and enjoy every detail!

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on May 12, 11 2:44 PM
Well shoot-darn-rats -shucks!! I played the trial hopping to not like it! But the game is downloading as we speak. I really enjoy HOG's that have inter active parts. And I do like voice over games, and CE's, so here I go again! I give it a . Well time to get back to that foggy city! Bye ya'll

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on May 12, 11 3:18 PM
Okay, I'm a sucker for these CE games. I am getting slowly addicted to them. They are pricier but the games are so much superior to those we get during the week. The graphics are magnificent, the story line is good, the HOG scenes are interesting and I found the items easy to find; however, I have a large screen monitor. This is a great game. I guess I am going to purchase only one game per week and take my time and work them in the most difficult mode. This should take me about a week until the next CE game appears. BF is going above and beyond to provide us superior games, which I might add, their competition DOES NOT do!!!! I am so glad I have a membership. They seem to have everything for everyone. Grade: A+

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on May 12, 11 3:28 PM
Really enjoyed this game liked the story had no problems with the cursor and the graphics were great. Now hopfully my son is feeling that mother could do with a little present and he will buy for me.

Go to: