AliceFranz
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by AliceFranz on May 23, 11 8:36 AM
it's so interesting to play the CE and then read the comments of people who've purchased the SE and know that lots was changed - that means that devs do listen=)

have no idea whether I'd feel very happy about removing the spiders - it was ok for me before and I believe now it'd be also ok.

people say that the ending of the game was no interesting... did you expect the bad guy to turn into a snake, heh?

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on May 24, 11 8:26 AM

What delightful game thoroughly enjoyable, not to much back tracking, good graphics, and in my case a good length of playability.

Agree silly ending.

Would recomend to buy.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on May 24, 11 11:45 AM
I really enjoyed this game, it kept me interested, and I appreciate that it had distinct chapters. This allowed me to feel like I had "completed" something, after I had finished a chapter and moved on to the next scenario. The use of portals and Netherworlds enhanced the game play, and extended the scene into a different dimension. The graphics were very good, ranging from the usual graveyard scenes to some almost Salvador Dali-type scenery in the Netherworlds. Music is an important game feature for me, and the music and ambient sound effects were excellent. Took me over 5 hours to play, and yes, I had to periodically refer to the WT when I got stuck. The HOG scenes were at first intimidating, but either I got better or they got easier as the game progressed. What I did not like is the abrupt ending, and so I am now contemplating upgrading to the CE so I can see how the bonus chapter ends.

hmay1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by hmay1 on May 24, 11 11:12 PM
Truthfully, I didn't enjoy this game whatsoever. I forced myself to play through the entire demo hoping that maybe there would be something that would change my mind but it never happened. I liked the story for the most part and the graphics were pretty decent. I didn't try out the CE but I almost want to just for the large moving spider just to give myself the creeps. I can't comment on music as I had the volume since my bf is sleeping next to me on couch.

I played the trial on challenge mode and was very disappointed by the sparkles. I guess not having the **** scenes sparkle is the challenge? Aside from that the other thing that made me not like the game at all was the ease of it. You get an item and it was pretty obvious as to where you needed to use it, pretty linear and I don't enjoy that. The puzzles were too easy as well, IMO. I felt more as though I somehow convinced myself that it wasn't a waste of time while I was playing it yet realized how wrong I was once the trial was done.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on May 27, 11 7:52 PM
awesome game...story, ****, puzzle...the works....

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 28, 11 9:53 AM
I didn't think I wanted this game because of all the creepy crawlies....but, then there was a sale...so, here I am and most of the crawlies aren't bothering me....unless it gets worse farther into the game. Hope not!

[Post New]by klam333 on May 28, 11 4:30 PM
Just finished Gravely Silent. It makes up for the few not so good games I bought earlier this month. Think I'm going to play it again, it was so much fun!

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on May 29, 11 10:44 PM
Awesome game! It was a different story for a change I thought. Took a long time through the first time and the second time although alot of the same hidden objects there were a few different ones. Some of them are very small but after using a hint I was knocking myself in the head that I hadn't seen it. I did skip a couple of the games because I just didn't understand what I was suppose to do. Didn't get out to check the SG but will check it out before playing a 3rd time.

[Post New]by tinyseahorse on May 31, 11 5:40 PM
[b]ok-im hard to please- but this time the devs have made a real winner!!! yea-after the disapointment with tiny-bang this was redemption...great graphics,music,story,length,puzzles,hints all of it and a bag-a-chips.,,,and yes ppl-there is a skip option for peeps like me who come home tired from work and just wanna have fun and relax,,,this was my m-a-j-o-r problem with tiny-bang. gravely silent is a winner ,a keeper, and totally worth the money or credit. only wish i could get the soundtrack somewhere ! go ahead and get this one!! great job devs and big fish for catching the big one..

[Post New]by bobbieann31 on Jun 1, 11 10:22 AM
I'm really enjoying this game. Has a nice mix of hidden objects and puzzles that are not too difficult. The graphics are wonderful and I even like the music!

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Jun 1, 11 6:59 PM
Boy, I must be snoozing or something--I missed the CE version and would gladly have bought it. One of the best games I've played in a while. Beautiful graphics and a compelling storyline. The puzzles are just challenging enough for me to not to have to hit the skip button in most cases.

meow70
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by meow70 on Jun 3, 11 1:12 PM
Great game! One of the best played this year. I really like it when the puzzles have what your supposed to do. Can't stand it when a puzzle comes up and you have no idea what the objective is. Also like the "tasks" menu instead of a journal type menu cuz I don't like to read a lot when I'm playing.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Jun 4, 11 3:12 AM
This was a fantastic game. It kept me interested from beginning to end. The mini-games were so different from the usual games. I loved this game. Give us more of these BigFish.

[Post New]by Woodjay on Jun 6, 11 8:20 AM
I really liked this game (the standard game not the CE). It has a good story line and the progression from one part to the other worked well. Also, I loved the way that the **** scenes really reflected what was in that particular place -- sometimes you look back at where a **** scene has been and it's nothing like what you were looking at. And I liked the fact that you had to do something different things to find objects like opening things or putting something together. The graphics were really good and it was challenging but not too challenging.

What let it down for me was the ending. Did I click too soon and miss something? All I got (after my 'sister' had woken up) was her husband, the baddie of the story being sucked into some purple swirling hole and 'at last the curse is broken'. The curse on my 'sister' I suppose but I would have liked a bit more to make it clear! I was waiting for a final scene where the sisters drove off back to wherever they'd come from (and of course some hint that even so, there might be a sequel). Still, I'd definintely give it 4/5

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Jun 6, 11 6:39 PM
Now that I've finished the game, I'd like to make one comment. The only thing I didn't like about the game is the huge quantity of dead birds in the game. Many scenes had dead birds, or birds in peril depicted. Being an animal lover I could have done without that--but I liked everything else about it.

I wish I would have known about the CE edition because I would have liked to see what the post script to the story was. My advice to people is to try the demo and if you really like it go for the CE.

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Jun 10, 11 9:12 AM
“Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock” has lovely and interesting graphics, with an eerie air to them. There are many interesting places to explore and not all items you need to find are located within the Hidden Object Scenes. The hidden object scenes themselves are challenging, in that the objects are well hidden, sometimes smaller than you would expect, or in places where I just couldn’t see them. A fun twist, is that the items listed in gold must first be discovered inside another object, or manipulated in some fashion. For example, it may list “sliced bread” and you first must find the knife, take it to a whole loaf and then slice it. Overall, the hidden object scenes are enjoyable to solve.

The game also offers quite a nice variety of non hidden object puzzles to solve. Essentially you determine what the missing objects are to active the puzzle, bring them back to the puzzle (sometimes in stages, until all parts are located) and once you have located and applied the necessary “missing” pieces, the puzzles activate and are ready to solve. I found these puzzles to be the most enjoyable aspect of the game.

Throughout the game there is a nice variety of areas to explore and return to, once you have necessary items in your inventory to carry out certain tasks. The game duration was quite good and offers many hours of entertainment.

Overall, I would rate this as one of the better interactive hidden object genre games. I grade it a 7 on a 10 point scale and describe it as quite entertaining and just challenging enough to be enjoyable, without being frustrating.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Jun 10, 11 1:53 PM
have to go along with some of the reviews about objects being hard to find because of being too small or hidden behind things..story line was very good but was very disappointed in the ending..no warning of any kind..ending was just there..overall tho the game was very good.

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by technocratee on Jun 12, 11 6:09 AM
Great game, good graphics, decent story, lots and lots of puzzles, long chapters, a definite buy, this is my favorite type of game I call it Hidden Object Adventure.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jun 18, 11 11:31 AM
I love VOGAT games (this is them right? Im not crazy? lol) and I own a ton of them but for some reason this one was quite boring IMO and I haven't got the faintest idea why. I tried the CE first and decided to wait for the SE but when it came out, I couldn't remember it and replayed the demo and was even more bored by it. It has a good story line sort of and the graphics are gorgeous. Maybe its just me but I just couldn't get into this game.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jun 18, 11 8:22 PM
This was a nice game. I just finished it. It was the first interactive hidden object game ever where I didn't have to look at the blog walkthrough. The music was good, storyline good, graphics excellent and it seemed like it was a good length. The last two wives' chapters were not as long as the other but all in all a good game.

By the way, I do agree it was a weird ending LMAO. Vogat, I love your games and hope that you'll make more like the Elixir of Immortality. That one was my favorite of all of your games.

Edited on 06/18/2011 at 8:37:39 PM PST

Go to: